Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

What's Going On With Yorubas? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's Going On With Yorubas? (1097 Views)

What's Going On In The North? - Deji Adeyanju Reacts To Crowd At Kaura PDP Rally / Adams Oshiomhole: Ademola Adeleke Was Dancing Skelewu While Debate Was Going On / Heavy Shooting Going On In Front Of Ekiti Government House - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Going On With Yorubas? by debaj10: 10:11am On Feb 18, 2019
this has to be said:

after all the revelations in the #tinubutapes-

are the intelligentsia of the southwest going to keep quiet and keep hiding their heads?

or are they going to mobilize their people to end this embarrassment?

actually. how have the likes of Soyinka, Sowore, et al kept quiet all these years?!
shocked

and when you mention saraki, you just make matters worse, because-

it shows that there's a pattern of subjugation of the Yoruba race!

so when you respond, focus on the PEOPLE's plight.

my people, cari go.

1 Like

Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by MajesticIgbo(m): 10:13am On Feb 18, 2019
Tinubu is a saint while, Saraki is the devil himself, loool.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by Chipink(f): 10:14am On Feb 18, 2019
Ok
Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by booblacain(m): 10:16am On Feb 18, 2019
Leave Yorubas alone, face and deal with your own issues first.

8 Likes

Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by Warship: 10:20am On Feb 18, 2019
One thing is certain if Buhari wins and that is, Osibanjo will be replaced by Elrufai.

Yoruba people should not complain when Buhari crashes the economy if he wins.
Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by NothingDoMe: 10:30am On Feb 18, 2019
Warship:
One thing is certain if Buhari wins and that is, Osibanjo will be replaced by Elrufai.

Yoruba people should not complain when Buhari crashes the economy if he wins.
I can bet my bottocks on that. North knows everyone's capabilities and tolerance. Tinubu will then start another round of restructuring campaign to threaten the north. The Igbo's will ignore him. The north will reach out to the Igbos again. IPOB will take advantage of the restructuring campaign to resume agitation for Biafra but will later back out..........

Let me stop prophesying here cheesy
Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by ipodstinks: 10:30am On Feb 18, 2019
grin

3 Likes

Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by rockh2065: 10:30am On Feb 18, 2019
WHY SATURDAY ELECTION OF POSTPONED
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has attributed the issue of logistics challenge and sabotage on the the commission efforts, as some of the reasons responsible for the one week shifted in the elections.
lNEC has rescheduled the 2019 general elections by one week by postponing the Presidential and National Assembly elections from Feb. 16 to Feb. 23, as well as the Governorship, State Assembly and FCT Area Council elections scheduled for March 2 to March 9.
Yakubu said that the plan for the 2019 general elections was ready in November 2017 and INEC subsequently issued the timetable and schedule of activities for the elections over one year ago, on Jan. 9, 2018.

He said that the commission carefully followed its timetable and implemented 13 of the 14 activities as scheduled and had not missed the date fixed for any single activity.

He, however, said that in preparing for the elections, the commission came face-to-face with the realities of conducting such an extensive national deployment of men and materials in a developing country like Nigeria.

He said that not only had INEC recruited and trained about one million young people to serve as ad hoc staff, it had also undertook steps for the deployment of the magnitude of materials mobilized for the elections.
For instance, the Commission has printed 421.7 million ballot papers for six scheduled elections, as well as 13.6 million leaves of result forms for the Presidential election alone.

Indeed, managing 91 political parties and 23,316 candidates for whom votes will be cast in 119,973 polling units by over 84 million voters is certainly astounding.

Yakubu said that it wasn't unexpected that such a tremendous national mobilization of men and materials would encounter operational challenges and INEC has had its own fair share of such challenges.

He disclosed that there had been delays in delivering ballot papers and result sheets for the elections, which according to him, was not unusual.

For Information About Piggery Farming ,
How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria And Grow To A Giant Piggery
Piggery is another aspect of farming, do you know Nigerians that is making smart investors huge money daily basis.
Despite the huge profitability of Piggery, many Nigerian are still overlooking this goldmine because of ignorance.
A fully Pig goes for a high as N30,000 depending on the weight. Now imagine, considering how fast pigs reproduces, it wouldn't
be a very much big deal to come up with 100 pigs in a year.
1. Secure a Breeding Ground, depending on how you plan to feed your Pigs, a Plot of Land may just be okay for a start
look for a rural area where you can get it cheaper. 1 acre of Land in rural area will be from N300,000

Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 18, 2019
Weren't keeping quiet. I've never been so active on the social media in recent times, especially when it comes to politics. Our people have been brainwashed. Tinubu is a bad leader, a corrupt selfish man and a thug. I have never taken sides with him on any of his political ideologies, same with the afenifere( excluding the banished onijekuje amongst them). Afrnifere dont want to see him because they know he's a chameleon. He's busy shouting restructuring before the apc was formed. After the party gained power, he kept quiet on what he once clamoured for. I hope one day, our eyes would be open to see the mess we have caused our region. It served Tinubu right when he was sidelined immediately after the 2015 elections by Buhari which was one of the reasons Aisha cried out that canals have taken over the government. I never pitied him because I knew he joined force with the north because of his selfish ambition, which will never come to pass. We produce the vice president but he's like a puppet. He doesn't have any say. When it comes to irrelevant meetings and campaigns they'd send him out but whenever key issues of national interest are discussed , they sideline him. Who vice president ep? He's there only for himself Tinubu and family. It's high time our people stood for what we truly stand for...a place setter

3 Likes

Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by Fatherofdragons: 10:38am On Feb 18, 2019
grin Tribalism and wickedness sprinkled with selfishness, that's what wrong with them.
Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by Kagawa10: 10:42am On Feb 18, 2019
All I have to say

If only people knew what oil countries such as Angolans and Venezuela folks are passing through during this global crude oil price recess, they would thank God Buhari came in rather than Jonathan who looted us dry during oil boom when it was selling at $110 per barrel for five years unlike the paltry $50 it has been selling under APC. If the looting Jonathan couldn't save during the time of plenty and was already borrowing, how would he have carried on during this crude oil price recess?

Despite Buhari administration earning 60% less yet he's come up with plenty projects such as

Our railways at itakpewarri, Lagos-ibadan, Lagos-Abeokuta, kaduna-abuja etc,

The production of low cost fertilizers,

Zik maoseleum

Baro inland port,

Kaduna inland dry port,

Port Harcourt airline terminal,

Abuja airline terminal,

Rice mills,

Foreign reserve increase from $26b to $43b,

Construction of our express highways such as enuguonitsha, Lagos-ibadan etc.

Social policy schemes such as tradermoni, npower etc

Payment of all pensions of airline staffs that were forced to retire after the shambolic privatisation by Atiku. PDP didn't pay them in the last 16 years.

And most especially, stabilizing us through this recession which happened because jonathan failed to save despite earning 60% more than Buhari coupled with the fall in the price of crude oil from $110 per barrel in 5 years under Jonathan to a paltry $50 per barrel under Buhari administration yet Buhari was able to keep us afloat while having many projects to his name thereby surprising Ngozi Iweala and Charles Soludo who predicted recession because jonathan looted and failed to save during the time of plentiful.

Sai Baba. PDP, Neva again

3 Likes

Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by nairalandankrah: 10:52am On Feb 18, 2019
debaj10:
this has to be said:

after all the revelations in the #tinubutapes-

are the intelligentsia of the southwest going to keep quiet and keep hiding their heads?

or are they going to mobilize their people to end this embarrassment?

actually. how have the likes of Soyinka, Sowore, et al kept quiet all these years?!

shocked

and when you mention saraki, you just make matters worse, because-

it shows that there's a pattern of subjugation of the Yoruba race!

so when you respond, focus on the PEOPLE's plight.

my people, cari go.

the yorubas are trickier and shadier than all the other tribes. They have mastered the art of deception and eye service to perfection

1 Like

Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by KunleyY19(m): 11:12am On Feb 18, 2019
Just Tell Me what the SW region achieved has a segment of a the country When PDP ruled for 16yrs...

Atiku Has visibly pitched his tents with the IBO's and there's no reason voting him...Sowore is Better sef...
Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 18, 2019
Kagawa10:
All I have to say

If only people knew what oil countries such as Angolans and Venezuela folks are passing through during this global crude oil price recess, they would thank God Buhari came in rather than Jonathan who looted us dry during oil boom when it was selling at $110 per barrel for five years unlike the paltry $50 it has been selling under APC. If the looting Jonathan couldn't save during the time of plenty and was already borrowing, how would he have carried on during this crude oil price recess?

Despite Buhari administration earning 60% less yet he's come up with plenty projects such as

The production of low cost fertilizers,

Zik maoseleum

Baro inland port,

Kaduna inland dry port,

Port Harcourt airline terminal,

Abuja airline terminal,

Rice mills,

Foreign reserve increase from $26b to $43b,

Construction of our express highways such as enuguonitsha, Lagos-ibadan etc.

Social policy schemes such as tradermoni, npower etc

Payment of all pensions of airline staffs that were forced to retire after the shambolic privatisation by Atiku. PDP didn't pay them in the last 16 years.

And most especially, stabilizing us through this recession which happened because jonathan failed to save despite earning 60% more than Buhari coupled with the fall in the price of crude oil from $110 per barrel in 5 years under Jonathan to a paltry $50 per barrel under Buhari administration yet Buhari was able to keep us afloat while having many projects to his name thereby surprising Ngozi Iweala and Charles Soludo who predicted recession because jonathan looted and failed to save during the time of plentiful.

Sai Baba. PDP, Neva again

Oh...now I see, its copy and paste... so you cannot even generate a concise article.
Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by Kagawa10: 11:17am On Feb 18, 2019
Esseite:

Oh...now I see, its copy and paste... so you cannot even generate a concise article.

Lol. I engaged you, didn't i? I'm ready to take on anyone who wants to dispute the simple fact above. Thaat was just a summary post for ignorant folks out there
Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by debaj10: 3:05pm On Feb 18, 2019
ipodstinks:
grin
did u deliberately or completely miss the point?

d sw has always been d linchpin in Nigeria's politics.

but d power elite refuse to raise their people up.

that might be changing.

d mid belt is rising and finding their voice.

wit hapns wen other regions become more relevant?

when commerce improves in other states?

when oil stops holding up the economy of Lagos/Nigeria?

long term, godfatherism will ruin any region that strangles it's people's growth.

u know what Lagos would b like if all its revenue was well spent?

1 Like

Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by rockh2065: 6:26pm On Feb 18, 2019
SAME STORY, THEY PROMISE US EVERYDAY OUR LEADERS CAN'T EVEN SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH
Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by rockh2065: 12:38pm On Feb 19, 2019
this election must hold
Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by rockh2065: 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
this our governement ehn all God can rescue all of us
Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by kernel001: 3:58pm On Mar 12, 2019
Kagawa10:

Lol. I engaged you, didn't i? I'm ready to take on anyone who wants to dispute the simple fact above. Thaat was just a summary post for ignorant folks out there

I challenge you. After spending over 28 trillion Naira in four years, you're busy saying
Zik museleum... Oga, a Bungalow house with long aluminum roof is that a national project? Google it. I was raised in Onitsha, that project is mockery to Nigeria.

Which of these inland ports are full in operation?, surprisingly it was an initiative of Jonathan's administration.

Please the trains are they in full operation, the answer is now. I was in Abeokuta last Sunday.

Is Abuja Air port terminal what we spent 28 trillion on?

Lagos-Ibadan road is still in progress since the time of Jonathan till now,its not yet done. I took on that same axis yesterday.

Enugu - Onitsha... Simply use Google map, you don't need to go far, that road is in a terrible condition. You can't wear white on the route.

You forgot Ogoni clean up... Less than 1% since after 4 years.

2rd Niger bridge, please show us pictures of any two laps on the foundation of that bridge.
Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by debaj10: 9:30am On Apr 17, 2019
kernel001:

I challenge you. After spending over 28 trillion Naira in four years, you're busy saying
Zik museleum... Oga, a Bungalow house with long aluminum roof is that a national project? Google it. I was raised in Onitsha, that project is mockery to Nigeria.

Which of these inland ports are full in operation?, surprisingly it was an initiative of Jonathan's administration.

Please the trains are they in full operation, the answer is now. I was in Abeokuta last Sunday.

Is Abuja Air port terminal what we spent 28 trillion on?

Lagos-Ibadan road is still in progress since the time of Jonathan till now,its not yet done. I took on that same axis yesterday.

Enugu - Onitsha... Simply use Google map, you don't need to go far, that road is in a terrible condition. You can't wear white on the route.

You forgot Ogoni clean up... Less than 1% since after 4 years.

2rd Niger bridge, please show us pictures of any two laps on the foundation of that bridge.

shocked
ur allegations r very worrisome.
if a single one is true, we all need to be extremely alarmed!
pls, who can verify or refute these claims?
Re: What's Going On With Yorubas? by rockh2065: 10:54am On Apr 17, 2019
10 reasons farming is the best profession in the world...

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Holds Security Meeting In Aso Rock Villa [photos] / We Told Them That Oshiomole Is The Undertaker That Will Oversea The Apc Burial / Breaking News: Rivers AAC Deputy Governorship Candidate Defects To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.