Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

5 Attributes Of Raising A Godly Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Attributes Of Raising A Godly Family (326 Views)

Are Physical Attributes So Important? / What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? / 5 Attributes Of Raising A Godly Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Attributes Of Raising A Godly Family by blazzydoc(m): 6:54pm On Feb 18, 2019
A family is a Gift from God.
Next to my salvation and my relationship with God, nothing is more important to me than my relationship with my family. I am very blessed to have grown up in a healthy, spiritual family. My parents were saved before my birth, and early in my infancy they started attending a Bible preaching church. That Bible preaching and teaching helped them in their marriage and certainly helped them raise their children.

Having studied and observed the family of my mentor, I got these five thoughts of raising a godly family.

No matter what your family situation is, I would like to share five thoughts that will help you guide your family in the ways of the Lord.

1. We should live for the future in our families.

Every decision we make as believers ought to be made with the thought of how that choice will impact the future of our family. The reason many families are in a mess is because they make decisions based on the moment and not on the long term.

2. Live with a short memory toward mistakes of the past.

Forgiveness for past transgressions and mistakes is essential in every family. While we might be hurt and bear marks from the past, God forgives us, and we must forgive one another.

3. Love your children unconditionally.

It doesn’t matter how old they are; your children are still your children and are to be loved. You might not like their choices, and you might not be able to approve of their lifestyle; however, they still need to know they are loved.

4. Continually pray for your family.

The devil is very smart, and he is constantly looking for ways to divide. It is important that we pray a hedge of protection around our marriage and our children. I pray every day, and at times throughout the day, for my wife, children, and grandchildren.

5. Live in such a way that your children are never ashamed to say that you are their parent. My friend's dad died a few years ago, and before he died he always tell me that he has never been ashamed to call him his dad. He lived a credible and very authentic Christian life. I want to personally leave my children and grandchildren the same legacy!

We need to get back to working on our homes and families. This is where the battle for the future is won or lost. Remember that God and children are worth fighting and living for https://josephifeanyiblog..com/2018/11/joseph-ifeanyi-family-is-gift-from-god.html

(1) (Reply)

Happy Mother’s Day To All Mothers On Nairaland / Contact Us For Top Quality Nylon Printing... / Foods That Boast Fertility That No One Has Told You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.