Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (859726 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Chrisdada16(f): 6:34pm On Mar 07, 2019
[quote author=kfrosh post=76421143]It's perfect for listening. More or less like past questions. For reading, I'll take
ieltsonline.com[/quote/]

Can u recommend road to ielts too
Is it exam standard.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 7:10pm On Mar 07, 2019
chicyclass:
It took him 14 weeks

Might have been less than the 14 weeks, because they requested for another scan of my spouse's ID, so that delayed a little.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Youtook(f): 7:11pm On Mar 07, 2019
Debsify:
Finally ICES completed my spouse's report..after calling them and even went to the extent of twitting BCIT to complain..they answered us..now looking for other ways to boost CRS to something above 460 grin

ECA with ICES is worth celebrating. Lol. I'm still waiting for hubby's. The wait seems endless at this stage. Was yours up to 12 weeks or more?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Chrisophad(m): 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2019
Congratulations Dyolahh.
Eager to read your testimony. Waiting is a big virtue and its feeling like luxury. Need that encouragement..
Best of luck to you and yours. Go and accomplish great things

Dyolahh:
Hmm my e-family..... It's PPR!!!!!!
Silent reader
I actually stopped thinking of this immigration wahala... Till DH left me 11 missed calls. And we have just 2 weeks to plan till our medicals expire. Would be back for detailed breakdown.

Ps the waiting is close to a year

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kfrosh: 7:31pm On Mar 07, 2019
Not heard of that before...... so can't say anything about the site.[quote author=Chrisdada16 post=76439791][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Canadaforsure(f): 8:16pm On Mar 07, 2019
I agree with you. I just counted today Andi am at week 7. Told my self when I hit 10 weeks I will write them. This wait is killing.

Youtook:

ECA with ICES is worth celebrating. Lol. I'm still waiting for hubby's. The wait seems endless at this stage. Was yours up to 12 weeks or more?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 07, 2019
chicyclass:
*if you ask meee! Na who i go ask* grin

Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mo234: 9:20pm On Mar 07, 2019
Sthill5:

Yes you can sit for two levels in a sitting
Let me break it down so everyone can benefit

Certificate- 3 modules (compulsory)

Diploma-4modules (only one is compulsory)

Professional Graduate Diploma- 4 modules with project
A total of 11 modules..don't attempt to do all at once, the exam schedule may not even allow you to because certificate and PGD exams may be at the same time. You can do 5 in September and 6 in April. I actually sat for 6 in a month and passed them all.
For the non-compulsory modules, you can choose which courses you want to sit for.
I recommend sitting for the ones that are similar

For example..software engineering 1 at diploma level and software engineering 2 at the PGD level

You can start working on your project from day 1 so you can complete it on time

For a complete list of the courses, please see the British computer society's website

Thanks a whole LOT!
You are the best grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 9:22pm On Mar 07, 2019
100 gbosa for you!!! Extremely informative page.
Bubblefairy:
While scouring all over Nairaland like a hungry lion looking for information (as usual) I came across this nairaland post and I just had to share.

Please everyone needing one information or the other should try check it out.
It has almost everything you need.

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/1#59645751

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 07, 2019
Please can someone help with the link to the 6th March ITA WhatsApp group?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Omonoba1981(f): 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hello Guru, I got this request from CIC today. My application is over 8months , sometime in January they requested for background form, as I have earlier indicated to them I change my place of work. After then, I didnt hear from them not until I updated the webform with a new intl passport ( presentl one ie less than 6months this January)

Today I got the below request. Issues at hand is

1- I have been working with my new Job 8months now, I dont get payslip, I only get cheque which i normally deposit in bank, I never scan the copy of cheque.

2- My previous Job, that I had claim was like 3 years, I no longer have access to them.

What do I do in these cases

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an
application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must
produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for
us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:
 Client Information: Provide pay slips from employer for the period of assessment
This must be received at this office by: 2019/04/06
 Client Information: Provide Bank statements showing salary deposits from
employer (please highlight salary deposits) This must be received at this office by:
2019/04/06
 Client Information: Provide updated proof of settlement funds This must be
received at this office by: 2019/04/06
 Schedule A: Submit a separate and newly completed Schedule A Background
Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Make sure there are no
gaps in time This must be received at this office by: 2019/04/06
 Additional Family Information: Submit a completed Additional Family Information
form (IMM5645) This must be received at this office by: 2019/04/06
*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time **
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etyno: 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2019
Ramj:

What of Abeokuta.

Hit me if interested

Je m'appelle Ramj

Pls I need this contact urgently. Plzzzzzz
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Zutlin: 10:05pm On Mar 07, 2019
Omonoba1981:

Hello Guru, I got this request from CIC today. My application is over 8months , sometime in January they requested for background form, as I have earlier indicated to them I change my place of work. After then, I didnt hear from them not until I updated the webform with a new intl passport ( presentl one ie less than 6months this January)

1- I have been working with my new Job 8months now, I dont get payslip, I only get cheque which i normally deposit in bank, I never scan the copy of cheque.

2- My previous Job, that I had claim was like 3 years, I no longer have access to them.

What do I do in these

1. If your currently employer can quickly issue you payslips for all 8 months it would be nice. The payslips should be stamped and signed.
If not, get them to write a cover letter explaining the mode of payment, alongside a salary certificate (that's what I hear people call it). A salary certificate is a document, usually in a tabulated form, which shows a breakdown of your payments since employment.
I suggest the cover letter be properly addressed and not a 'to whom it may concern'. Check the mail sent to you for address.
Both cover letter and salary certificate should be on letter-heads. Signed and stamped.

2. How do you mean you no longer have access to them? How was your salary paid?

Also, what's your visa office?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Sthill5: 10:25pm On Mar 07, 2019
Mo234:

Thanks a whole LOT!
You are the best grin

No wahala
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Hobyno: 10:28pm On Mar 07, 2019
Yureyes:
Please can someone help with the link to the 6th March ITA WhatsApp group?
You can create one and peeps will join let's fill the application together

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by CanadasGOAT: 11:02pm On Mar 07, 2019
Jennypharb1:
Hard girl hard girl, small hope and my heart wants to fall out of my chest. So I'm 5 months post AOR tomorrow, been checking my account in case the message doesn't come into my mailbox. Logged in yesterday and saw application/profile updated instead of submitted that is usually there. There was no update in the account sha, and by the time I logged out again it had changed to submitted. Abeg, does this count as 'ghost update' too? Abi the wait is just messing with my head

its ghost update dont worry PPR is around the corner

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by CanadasGOAT: 11:07pm On Mar 07, 2019
cardinal1:
Please house I need advise, I am post ITA uploading my docs and i just found out that d date on my referal letrer for which i have a payslip for is at variance with the payslip, my supervisor is also refusing to sign a new reference letter... is it ok if i upload my two reference letters without payslips or do i upload the payslips like dat hoping it is not figured out

Payslip is not a requirement for submission. people just add it to further prove they work and are being paid in the said company. if you have your reference in cic format, there is no need for payslips

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Omonoba1981(f): 11:07pm On Mar 07, 2019
Accra is the visa office. I no longer have contact with my previous employer. While the one before that was a small firm, that was in East immediately after my service. I am not sure if anyone I know still there.

But for sure I might be able to get talk to my present employer, but to be frank I wouldnt have like them to know of my plan to leave.

Zutlin:

1. If your currently employer can quickly issue you payslips for all 8 months it would be nice. The payslips should be stamped and signed.
If not, get them to write a cover letter explaining the mode of payment, alongside a salary certificate (that's what I hear people call it). A salary certificate is a document, usually in a tabulated form, which shows a breakdown of your payments since employment.
I suggest the cover letter be properly addressed and not a 'to whom it may concern'. Check the mail sent to you for address.
Both cover letter and salary certificate should be on letter-heads. Signed and stamped.

2. How do you mean you no longer have access to them? How was your salary paid?

Also, what's your visa office?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by olamse: 11:10pm On Mar 07, 2019
[quote author=Sthill5 post=76438189]

Completion of the certificate level will suffice [/quot
Thanks]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by CanadasGOAT: 11:15pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hope95:
Good Morning everyone and congratulations to all those receiving ITAs I believe others like me that would soon apply and join waiting would get too.

Please I am new here and read a few posts and trends and this has made me believe again that traveling through express entry is not an overnight thing, it could take time and process.

I made my decision earlier in 2018 and started my ECA wes application and went through the following timeline; It was really a frustrating one with errors on my transcript, delays by my school with authentication and verification but i kept going.

1- I created a WES account.
4/3/2018

2. I submitted application and paid
6/7/2018

3- All documents were eventually reviewed and accepted.
2/21/2019

You must have observed the long gap and that was due to the challenges highlighted above, I was luck enough not to have to send my highschool waec result because i made my application before August 2018, so when they requested for it after my school authenticated my degree transcript, I had to write them back and gracefully they complied and removed it.

Eventually on 21st of februrary last month, they said

We are reviewing your evaluation report.

Status last updated: 2/21/2019

Evaluation in Progress
Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time.
Your evaluation is due for completion on 3/13/2019

I saw it and very excited, almost up to a year and expecting it anytime next week.

So this morning, I decided to create my profile down, so once i get the certificate, I would input the ECA reference number I need and submit. Please what are my chances
- Less than 30 years & Single
- LSRW ; 7.5,7.5,7.5,6.0
- Bachelors Degree (International Relations)
- Work Experience ; Current (Technology Administrative Assistant with a construction company 2016 till date but was on part time during nysc in 2017)
Youth Worker Volunteer(Community Service Development) (2017 till date)
Website Designer & Digital Marketer (Contract staff- Side hustle since undergraduate days 2014)

Please what are my chances, opinions and contributions are welcomed, thank you.

with this ielts score your chances are slim you need to score a minimum of lsrw 8777 but would be better if you can max it out because the recent trend in ITA score has been high, you can also boost your score if you have a sibling in canada or write the french language proficiency test
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Influential101: 11:35pm On Mar 07, 2019
Omonoba1981:
Accra is the visa office. I no longer have contact with my previous employer. While the one before that was a small firm, that was in East immediately after my service. I am not sure if anyone I know still there.

But for sure I might be able to get talk to my present employer, but to be frank I wouldnt have like them to know of my plan to leave.

Even it you don't have access, you should be able to get your bank statements during that period. .or you were paid in cash?Atleast, If you're able to provide bank statements that show inflows of salary, you may be able to explain the pay slip issue.

I wish you the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 11:39pm On Mar 07, 2019
CanadasGOAT:

its ghost update dont worry PPR is around the corner

Patiently waiting
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by fizzile(m): 12:48am On Mar 08, 2019
Jennypharb1:
Hard girl hard girl, small hope and my heart wants to fall out of my chest. So I'm 5 months post AOR tomorrow, been checking my account in case the message doesn't come into my mailbox. Logged in yesterday and saw application/profile updated instead of submitted that is usually there. There was no update in the account sha, and by the time I logged out again it had changed to submitted. Abeg, does this count as 'ghost update' too? Abi the wait is just messing with my head
congratulations. Had same experience and the next day i received the golden mail.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mikel88: 12:51am On Mar 08, 2019
joo2018:
So she can do the biometrics immediately. That will be the best case scenario.

cc: @mikel88

I have not received the go ahead for biometrics and neither passsed for our medicals.
AOR was on 1 feb. I will be traveling to Canada today.
I dont understand why is like this or maybe because our PR application is CEC stream?.. Ko ye mi mo o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by 19CannyMum: 1:18am On Mar 08, 2019
Omonoba1981:

1. Which job did you claim work experience for ? Is it the one you no longer have access to?
2. What documents did you initially present as proof of work experience?
3. Did you go through PNP?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by vickyehi: 2:11am On Mar 08, 2019
emergency2:
Pls gurus in the house. I am a medical doctor, I applied for SINP Express entry last week, while filling the form, I saw 2 NOC in demand, 3111(psychiatrist) and paramedics. So I went for paramedics.
Now ITA for SINP has landed yesternight, but I have some questions.
Should I be worried about the NOC that I picked, I picked it cos I thought they are related. I am scared of misrepresentation

Your best bet is to decline the invitation.
A paramedic is a totally independent and different profession from that of a GP.
Your medical degree is in no way related to being a paramedic. Paramedics are specially trained for this purpose and only a few hospitals in Nigeria currently run this program( eg School of health UBTH).
Hence it is a clear case of MISREPRESENTATION sorry undecided

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by vickyehi: 2:22am On Mar 08, 2019
Ifeoma77:

I don't think you have anything to be worried about.
If Sask is not convinced that you are/can be a paramedic, they'll simply reject your SINP application.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained

I dont think one can simply claim a profession that he isn't trained for. example just because you may offer some nursing care in your practice as a doctor doesn't automatically make you a Registered Nurse nor having the knowledge of how to check a patients PCV make you a lab Scientist.

what if he gets a BAN for misrepresentation?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 4:35am On Mar 08, 2019
Youtook:

it's o..it was more than 12 weeks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kart042000(m): 5:15am On Mar 08, 2019
Debsify:
I'm not in Canada now, but going by what most employers demand on Glassdoor and indeed. Do you have some certificates like CompTIA A+ and network+, MSCA/MSCP, CCNA?

Yes I have got CCNA and CCNP. I am just preparing to go for Comptia a+ network and security to enter the market.

Maybe i will check that glassdoor if I can use Linkedin to connect some of them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 5:39am On Mar 08, 2019
vickyehi:

I dont think one can simply claim a profession that he isn't trained for. example just because you may offer some nursing care in your practice as a doctor doesn't automatically make you a Registered Nurse nor having the knowledge of how to check a patients PCV make you a lab Scientist.

what if he gets a BAN for misrepresentation?
I agree with you and if it was the FSW I'd take no chances too. The reason why I am encouraging him to try is because it's SINP. He has already 'applied' using that profession, it's not that he is filling the form and asking for options. Form has been filled and ITA has landed.
The province of Saskatchewan cannot ban him from Canada. The worst they can do is not nominate him.
That being said, I see your point.
How are the landing preparations going?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 5:44am On Mar 08, 2019
Omonoba1981:

What do I do in these cases

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an
application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must
produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for
us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:
 Client Information: Provide pay slips from employer for the period of assessment
This must be received at this office by: 2019/04/06
 Client Information: Provide Bank statements showing salary deposits from
employer (please highlight salary deposits) This must be received at this office by:
2019/04/06
 Client Information: Provide updated proof of settlement funds This must be
received at this office by: 2019/04/06
 Schedule A: Submit a separate and newly completed Schedule A Background
Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Make sure there are no
gaps in time This must be received at this office by: 2019/04/06
 Additional Family Information: Submit a completed Additional Family Information
form (IMM5645) This must be received at this office by: 2019/04/06
The request has noting to do with your new job. Everything they are asking for pertains to the job you claimed.
You have to try your utmost beat to contact them, even if it means traveling to whichever state the company is located.
The good news is; you're almost at the finish line. PPR will likely come within days of submitting the ADR

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by 19CannyMum: 6:17am On Mar 08, 2019
Ifeoma77:

I agree with you and if it was the FSW I'd take no chances too. The reason why I am encouraging him to try is because it's SINP. He has already 'applied' using that profession, it's not that he is filling the form and asking for options. Form has been filled and ITA has landed.
The province of Saskatchewan cannot ban him from Canada. The worst they can do is not nominate him.
That being said, I see your point.
How are the landing preparations going?

If indeed Sask grants him that nomination, he'll have serious issues proving his NOC at point of FSW. Might get interview and denial at that point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.