Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,800 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (858213 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by cutiep: 3:49pm On Mar 22, 2019
Ramj:
As the Bible says the End of a thing is better than the beginning thereof Ecclesiastes 7:8

Everyone this is what are all aiming at.

No giving up no holding back.

Whatever stage you are Keep at it, Keep learning and Go for it.

When you get these envelopes in your hand all the stress the waiting, the multiple IELTS attempts will wane in comparison to the joy you will feel.

Finally none shall be left behind in Jesus name.

Once again this thread has all you would need

Read get a book or notepad - OWN This Process for yourself.

Asking is good Knowing it is better

Je m'appelle COPR

Hello Ramj...How is your son Did you also submit his foreign passport or you did a nigerian passport for him. Please confirm. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 22, 2019
akintunde63:

It's not only WES that does this, ICES now does, too, but not all cases. Go with WES if ur school is not LAUTECH

Lol, and if it's LAUTECH? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by MzPearl1914: 4:00pm On Mar 22, 2019
Please I need some form of advise. I created WES account on 26 March, 2018 and went inactive for almost a year, haven't sent any documents to WES, can I still use same account, hoping that it would not affect anything in my application due to the long period of inactivity. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by wisdom77: 4:04pm On Mar 22, 2019
You should base your application on your husband's 12yrs experience provided he can match his JD with an NOC in the list. Goodluck

TMJDiva:
Hi everyone, thanks so much for all the wonderful information.

Pls can experts in the house help with this..... I'm in the pool with 434 points and this is the situation

.....My hubby is the PA with over 12years experience in the bank (the same bank for over 12years). He was the Head of Operations of a branch up until 2017 when he decided to change department and follow is dream career which is in Corporate comms/digital marketing (in the same bank )(noc 1123), my question is.... does that mean he has less than 2 years experience in this noc or is his experience in core banking (10years+) also going to count for something? What we did was list his growth in the bank for over 12years and date of promotions. Or do we just summarize his work experience from 2006 to date as his new NOC?

Just trying to make sure we filled it right.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by successhungry: 4:09pm On Mar 22, 2019
successhungry:
@Daisyeze,stencil,Influential101 and other monikers I can't recall...thanks alot. I was able to sort it out following the advice you gave.
Forgive me;I have other questions.
My first year of work experience was gotten from ministry of defence as a civilian staff(housejob) where I worked for the first 8months without pay. The salaries were paid in arrears, 4months first, then 2-2-2-1-1 month(s). I can't get reference letter on letter head;I intend to get a senior colleague to write on my behalf. Can I use the statement of account as additional proof of paid employment ? Sadly,I don't have employment letter because there was a mistake in the salary scale ,the letters were sent back to abuja and was never returned to us after correction.
Please, I need advice on what to do
Thanks in anticipation

Please,help. cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 4:18pm On Mar 22, 2019
Fadia:
LONG POST AHEAD

The Lord is good and His mercies endureth forever.
His praises shall continually be in my mouth for He truly is too faithful to fail.
It’s finally here, the long awaited COPR! I keep going back to stare it grin

[/b]
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 4:21pm On Mar 22, 2019
Fadia:
LONG POST AHEAD

His praises shall continually be in my mouth for He truly is too faithful to fail.

[b
MAY GOD CONTINUALLY BLESS EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP AND INPUT IN EVERY WAY AND I PRAY FOR SPEEDY AND SUCCESSFUL PROCESSING FOR EACH AND EVERYONE IN JESUS NAME.

CONGRATULATIONS IN ADVANCE!!

Congratulations dear, better days ahead
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bunmioluwa: 4:33pm On Mar 22, 2019
Congratulations!!!

Fadia:
LONG POST AHEAD

IELTS – 14th October 2017
ECA – December 2017
1st EE Profile – 5th May 2018
1st ITA – 9th May 2018
2nd EE Profile – 31st May 2018
2nd ITA – 25th June 2018
CRS - 443
AOR – 8th September 2018
MEP/BIL – 4th October 2018
Biometrics completed – 4th October 2018
RPRF – 16th January 2018 (Paid without an official request from CIC and raised CSE with payment receipt)
1st and only CIC Call – 5th February 2018 (The agent said security and criminality were not yet started and I felt really bad and decided I wasn’t going to call again or order GCMS Notes till after the 6-month mark, if PPR wasn’t here by then)
PPR – 14th February 2018 (God gave me a wonderful Valentine’s Day gift)
Submitted passport – 25th February 2018
COPR – 20th March 2018

[/b]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2019
Hmm! Interesting. This is my professional field too, NOC 1123 to be precise.

Since you were not in a managerial position, I think you should stick to NOC 1123 but attach an LOE explaining why this NOC is the best for you, since you were not a manager, despite what the title says. If you want to do "effizzi" and bambooze the VO wink , provide a breakdown of the career paths in Corp. Comms in Nigerian and explain that it is a common practice to assign "manager" portfolios to non-managerial staff in our industry for whatever reason perhaps to make the title more appealing to potential recruitees, industry policy etc. You are the expert here, so make your case convincingly.

I remembered a lady who had to go to Accra for an interview because her JD was managerial but the title wasn't. She got PPR.

55emem55:

Thank you very much. Although I wasnt working as a Manager at the time. I was reporting drirectly to the Sales & Marketing Manager.

When I went through the JD for 0124, it stated that only Managers like, Sales Managers, Marketing Managers fit this NOC, that was why I didn't pick it.

I also have a 2nd work experience I'd be adding to my application to make it 3 years - Website & Social Media Manager, same NOC 1123 (I also report to the Sales & Marketing Manager)

Please can others shed more light on this? sad
I'm Pre-ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by TMJDiva: 4:37pm On Mar 22, 2019
Any advise pls?

TMJDiva:

Pls can experts in the house help with this..... I'm in the pool with 434 points and this is the situation

.....My hubby is the PA with over 12years experience in the bank (the same bank for over 12years). He was the Head of Operations of a branch up until 2017 when he decided to change department and follow is dream career which is in Corporate comms/digital marketing (in the same bank )(noc 1123), my question is.... does that mean he has less than 2 years experience in this noc or is his experience in core banking (10years+) also going to count for something? What we did was list his growth in the bank for over 12years and date of promotions. Or do we just summarize his work experience from 2006 to date as his new NOC?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2019
grin grin grin

raphrulz:
Ahhhhh!!!!!!!

Our English marshal oooo... This one fear me sef... You have learnt well.

I guess it's time to start preparing to hang my boots and pass on the baton oo..

Kudos Prof II

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2019
Lmao!!! Focus not on the scores but the motive, it's all one love grin grin tongue

Topsmamen:

Lol. Ladymarshall has officially resumed the new role. First official marking. See trouble!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Fadia: 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2019
Thank you smiley
bunmioluwa:
Congratulations!!!

Thanks smiley

Debsify:
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Fadia: 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2019
Amen! Thank you

Jennypharb1:

Congratulations dear, better days ahead
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Fadia: 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2019
Thank you

bunmioluwa:
Congratulations!!!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by McTEE10(m): 4:49pm On Mar 22, 2019
Hi, did your score change online after it was marked?
jazzy:

I applied for EOR on the 1st of February at the British Council office. I got notification that it had been sent for remarking on the 6th and i was notified of the collection yesterday.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 4:53pm On Mar 22, 2019
grin Don't mind me jare. Duty called, had to re-enter in full force grin grin

yemblaze:
When i did not see your responses..I was wondering where is our boss lady..lolss. Then i woke up to see all the responses and to see that you have fully taken up the marking of scripts mantle...#wehdonema grin

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2019
Who knows who we know on this anonymous thread? Maybe she is my cousin or aunty grin grin

iaatmguy:
ladymarshall are you sure you don't know newmum0615? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 5:01pm On Mar 22, 2019
Haha!!! That is the idea. To motivate longer and detailed PPR scripts for inspiration wink

olabellruk:
Ah ah, aburo Ralph, kilode naa?

Your own don pass profesor own o. Make people like us dey practice with cambridge textbooks if we want to pass average with u.

Your marking scheme na die.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2019
MzPearl1914:
Please I need some form of advise. I created WES account on 26 March, 2018 and went inactive for almost a year, haven't sent any documents to WES, can I still use same account, hoping that it would not affect anything in my application due to the long period of inactivity. Thanks

For sure. You can still use the account.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by toyinana: 5:06pm On Mar 22, 2019
ladymarshall:
He will. Seriously rooting for you darling. Just keep studying and practicing. It will be the last kiss kiss

Thanks sis.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2019
Answered already. Stick to NOC 1123 but attach an LOE to explain. If you claim a managerial NOC when you were not, it will be misrepresentation if they confirm from your company. Explain this to the VO.

55emem55:

Thanks for your response.
I'm still a bit unclear sad

I wasn't a manager, It wasn't even a managerial position. I reported directly to the Sales Manager.
It's just like someone who is a customer service manager, but reports to the operations manager.

My 2nd job title also has a Manager in it.
I haven't gotten to any managerial position before.

Please you guys should help me analyze this NOC issue cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2019
TMJDiva:

Thank you
Hubby's entire experience counts. You can do EE with multiple NOCs as long as they are 0, A or B
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2019
WarriBrandChic:
Good day fellow NLanders... Please I need some clarifications. When is it a requirement to go get PCC from other countries?

For instance, I have schooled in UK and stayed over a year. I have also been to US and stayed for 4months +. Do I need to get PCC for UK, US and 9ja during application?
UK and Naija only
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 5:10pm On Mar 22, 2019
Fadia:
LONG POST AHEAD

[/b]
Big big congratulations!!!! I am particularly happy for you that the lawyer didn't chop your money. Big hugs to your Mum! The first shekere is for her kiss

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2019
Fadia:
LONG POST AHEAD

AOR – 8th September 2018
COPR – 20th March 2018
No ADR
Ottawa Visa Office
SINGLE APPLICANT

I was so uninterested initially and constantly felt she was bugging me over unnecessary things and the lawyer’s fees also did not make matters any better.

Congrats Fadia. Your mum is too much abeg.

@the bolded, after you got your COPR, she should have said, "Fadia come here, I want to tell you something. Don't be afraid. Just come closer". Lol.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by TMJDiva: 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2019
Thank you�

Ifeoma77:

Hubby's entire experience counts. You can do EE with multiple NOCs as long as they are 0, A or B
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2019
Congratulations!!!

Thank you for sharing. God is really faithful

Thank you very much for your kind words of encouragement. I will score you 6/10

Go and succeed in your new country smiley

sweetthangbaby:
It's PPR guys!!!!!!!���������������
Praise The Lord!!!!
So I have been a silent reader on this forum and started from part 5 just after my AOR and followed religiously till the wait became too long and I didn't want to feel overwhelmed with other getting PPR and mine taking so long but in part 7 I read occasionally and said this is where I would testify and to God be the glory I'm here. I'll start with my decision to apply which was in May 2018 and went head on to reading for my IELTS and read and passed once ( to the glory of God) using only three website my score was
Reading 8.0
Writing 7.0
Listening 8.5
Speaking 8.0
As I was in the process of IELTS I applied for my WES and that was slightly smooth as I had to pay for tracking as nipost only prioritize mail with tracking so I eventually got it. The same happened for my PCC from the uk but I got it in no time
My time line
AOR -Sept 17 2018
Medicals/15 Oct
biometrics 16 Oct
From there a long wait began. in December I callers IRCC on application and heard review required and thought nothing till January when I order a GCMS and found review required for POF which was 21 dollars shorts of the minimum requirement I quickly sent an updated POF and attached a letter of explanation on the 13th of Feb and followed up with a call and they confirmed they had received it.

I also called again two weeks ago and spoke to a very nice rep who told me no cause for alarm that they were working on it as we speak.
On Monday decided to call and heard the doc was just added to my file on the 15th March and I was sad cus I thought it would take months.

And fast to today I just received my PPR. I want to thank each and everyone here for sharing their story and experience they have helped me through this trying times. There were days I would call my bf and cry and pray but in all keep hope alive and trusting God in this process. For those who might feel discouraged, sad or confused that there is no movement please have faith and trust God is working behind the scenes, for you. It will surely end in praise.

You are the way maker, miracle worker and promise keeper. Praise the Lord

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by toyinana: 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2019
Hummmm this my sis's tenure will be hot sit. I'd better start learning from my seniors so I can have full mark.

quote author=raphrulz post=76878754]Ahhhhh!!!!!!!

I guess it's time to start preparing to hang my boots and pass on the baton oo..

Kudos Prof II

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 5:27pm On Mar 22, 2019
Yaaaaay!!! Issa rain of PPR somethang!!!

Congratulations!!!

Thank you for sharing your story!!! Very inspiring. Kudos to your mum who did not give up on you. Our official regards to her. She has reaped what she sowed grin

@Bolded are various lessons your story has taught us.

Very detailed story. You get 8.5 marks. For thanking us, blessing us and wishing us well, another 1.2 mark. Thats the spirit of giving back grin

Total 9.7/10

All the best in your new country kiss

Fadia:
LONG POST AHEAD

IELTS – 14th October 2017
ECA – December 2017
1st EE Profile – 5th May 2018
1st ITA – 9th May 2018
2nd EE Profile – 31st May 2018
2nd ITA – 25th June 2018
CRS - 443
AOR – 8th September 2018
MEP/BIL – 4th October 2018
Biometrics completed – 4th October 2018
RPRF – 16th January 2018 (Paid without an official request from CIC and raised CSE with payment receipt)
1st and only CIC Call – 5th February 2018 (The agent said security and criminality were not yet started and I felt really bad and decided I wasn’t going to call again or order GCMS Notes till after the 6-month mark, if PPR wasn’t here by then)
COPR – 20th March 2018

No ADR

Ottawa Visa Office

SINGLE APPLICANT

EE PROFILE
In May 2018, a close friend, who I had earlier told about EE, called me to ask how far with my process. She said she had entered the pool and gotten ITA the week before and that I should better forget about the lawyer and start my thing myself.
(I remember when my mum and I told her about it in 2017 and she said she didn’t have any money for a lawyer and wanted to do it on her own. I Kept discouraging her and saying she shouldn’t use her hand to spoil her application and I even started getting angry in the process).

*I said first EE profile because I ended up deleting it. I had created it using an additional fake work experience to give me additional points. After ITA, I became so uncomfortable and my conscience couldn’t take it anymore so on the 31st of May I declined the invitation and deleted the profile. Fortunately, I created another profile with a new email and with all the correct details immediately and guess what? I had the EXACT same CRS of 443. I felt so silly and upset with myself because I could have saved myself sleepless nights and unnecessary headache by just using the correct information from the very beginning (I didn’t know about the CRS tool before creating my profile).
Unfortunately, I didn’t meet the cut-off for ITA in the next draw and when another draw date came again there was no draw. Then on June 25th, one very fine Monday evening, my friend called me and asked if I had gotten my ITA, that there was a draw that day and it was 442 (so close! Thank God!). A few hours after the call, I got the wonderful mail.

Then the main journey began…

REFERENCE LETTERS
I had worked in 2 other places before my current job (thankfully, I worked in HR in both companies so I had direct access to the people preparing the letters). My current company was the easiest because I was the one to do the letter myself hehe (it’s a very small company and we’re very few). I prepared the letter and gave it to my boss to read and sign.

With all these my uploading and uploading, I kept telling myself that my application is airtight and I’d get PPR in 2 months max LOOOOOOL. Anyway, COPR is here now and I have almost completely forgotten all the stress and I owe it all to God and the wealth of information on this thread.

I thank God for the unusual peace and patience I had during the entire waiting period.

MAY GOD CONTINUALLY BLESS EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP AND INPUT IN EVERY WAY AND I PRAY FOR SPEEDY AND SUCCESSFUL PROCESSING FOR EACH AND EVERYONE IN JESUS NAME.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 5:32pm On Mar 22, 2019
Haha! You better do grin cheesy

toyinana:
Hummmm this my sis's tenure will be hot sit. I'd better start learning from my seniors so I can have full mark.

quote author=raphrulz post=76878754]Ahhhhh!!!!!!!

Kudos Prof II

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.