Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (860154 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by shege45: 5:56am On Mar 29, 2019
nelronaldo:

Hello bro, here is a clearer picture.

In October 2015, an ex school mate of mine and his friend decided to venture into blogging and I volunteered to support him with football contents at my own convenience and I did that on a part time basis until January 2018. As at 2015 the company wasn't registered and I didn't know because my ex school mate was not so open about the details of the blogging company and I didn't care either because I was just doing what I like. I was just doing it the same way I come to nairaland to create a topic and post online.

However, sometime last year, after I stopped creating contents for him, he told it was a registered company and that I could include it in my CV if I am job hunting. So I used it in a CV I submitted to a US school, stating I wrote articles for the blogging company from 2015 to 2018 because I was applying to a program that requires good writing skills.

A fortnight ago, I just checked up the company on CAC's public search and I found out this company was registered in March 2017; more than one year after I started writing for him, meaning at the time I started helping him with contents, they weren't registered.

Fortunately and Unfortunately for me, I didn't include the blog company when filling my US Visa application ahead of the Visa interview, I only used it in the CV I submitted to the school to secure my admission.

Now how do I tell CIC I did voluntary activity somewhere from October 2015 till Jan 2018, when the company wasn't even registered till March 2017.

Also I can't add it to employment because I wasn't employed by the company and I have no official documentation to that effect. Even if I was employed, a company which was registered in 2017 can't employ someone in 2015.

In addition, there was no contract stipulating I was doing a voluntary service, it was just me who verbally offered to help him, when he told me about his plans to go into blogging.

In my US Visa application I submitted to the US embassy, the blog company isn't part of my work history and I also stated that I haven't engaged in any voluntary activity.

I feel more comfortable removing it entirely so as not to contradict my US Visa application. I am only worried about this because I have read here that Permanent Residency background check is thorough and I don't know if the check would get to the extent of demanding my CV from the US school I applied to.
i fee that the cac reg website confuses people. I even have a friend who has been working somewhere for over two years and having been paying taxes all those while which he can confirm has been going to the government but it shows it was just registered last year on cac website
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:26am On Mar 29, 2019
Amica26:
Please I volunteered at an organisation. I got official letters of employment, I worked from Monday to Friday 8am to be 5pm and I got paid as well. Can I claim this as work experience?
As far as it was in a valid NOC, I don't see why not

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:27am On Mar 29, 2019
Ligxy:

Can somebody with only Bsc choose 2 or more certificates?
What will you fill as the 'second or more certificates'?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:30am On Mar 29, 2019
hipstar2:
Happy Birthday @ifeo.ma77 smiley

Fellow housemates (hahhahaha), I'm kinda ready to submit the application and my heart is doing 'gbish gbish'. The only explanation I have is my POF and that was just to help the processing officer do the maths.

I uploaded the same ref letter in the placeholder for all the job titles (5 different JDs) cos it's from the same employer and I got only one letter. Is this okay?

My optional document folder is empty as I no get anything to explain.

Perhaps I should go to bed.
grin grin grin grin explanation is not a requirement so abeg it's okay to leave the placeholder blank.
Submit and stop doing gbish gbish o jare grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:30am On Mar 29, 2019
oladamilola:
Happy birthday @ifeoma, I wish above all things that you be in health and prosper even as your soul prospers. Many happy returns of the day to you
Amen!!! Thank you so much kiss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:31am On Mar 29, 2019
Topsmamen:
2.4 million naira!!! shocked lipsrsealed
shocked shocked plus EORs o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:34am On Mar 29, 2019
dalutin:

@ Topsmamen....what if I answered YES to the visa refusal question, and further stated that I have been refused a U.S Student Visa and Tourist visa without any explanation on reasons for refusal, and submitted without uploading the refusal letter. Hope CIC won't investigate further by asking the Embassy why I was refused? I submitted my application for PR 2 weeks ago, and I'm planning to raise CSE to inform CIC about the acquisition of my company by another company, dunno if i should seize the opportunity to give reasons for the U.S visa refusal, and attach the refusal letter together with documents from my new company..Thanks....Gurus in the house please contribute. God bless!
No need. They'll find out the reason for the refusal during info sharing. Your own part is to state the refusal, there's no crime in not uploading the refusal letter
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:39am On Mar 29, 2019
nelronaldo:

In October 2015, an ex school mate of mine and his friend decided to venture into blogging and I volunteered to support him with football contents at my own convenience and I did that on a part time basis until January 2018. As at 2015 the company wasn't registered and I didn't know because my ex school mate was not so open about the details of the blogging company and I didn't care either because I was just doing what I like. I was just doing it the same way I come to nairaland to create a topic and post online.

However, sometime last year, after I stopped creating contents for him, he told it was a registered company and that I could include it in my CV if I am job hunting. So I used it in a CV I submitted to a US school, stating I wrote articles for the blogging company from 2015 to 2018 because I was applying to a program that requires good writing skills.

A fortnight ago, I just checked up the company on CAC's public search and I found out this company was registered in March 2017; more than one year after I started writing for him, meaning at the time I started helping him with contents, they weren't registered.

Fortunately and Unfortunately for me, I didn't include the blog company when filling my US Visa application ahead of the Visa interview, I only used it in the CV I submitted to the school to secure my admission.

Now how do I tell CIC I did voluntary activity somewhere from October 2015 till Jan 2018, when the company wasn't even registered till March 2017.

Also I can't add it to employment because I wasn't employed by the company and I have no official documentation to that effect. Even if I was employed, a company which was registered in 2017 can't employ someone in 2015.

In addition, there was no contract stipulating I was doing a voluntary service, it was just me who verbally offered to help him, when he told me about his plans to go into blogging.

In my US Visa application I submitted to the US embassy, the blog company isn't part of my work history and I also stated that I haven't engaged in any voluntary activity.

I feel more comfortable removing it entirely so as not to contradict my US Visa application. I am only worried about this because I have read here that Permanent Residency background check is thorough and I don't know if the check would get to the extent of demanding my CV from the US school I applied to.
Did you write the articles in your own name? If a Google search of your name brings up the articles you wrote, then you better declare it. You can say it's freelance work but if it's published under your friend's name as if he wrote them, then it's your choice whether to add or remove it from your history

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:39am On Mar 29, 2019
drcynthia:

Happy birthday dear...
Thanks dear kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nelronaldo(m): 7:09am On Mar 29, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Did you write the articles in your own name? If a Google search of your name brings up the articles you wrote, then you better declare it. You can say it's freelance work but if it's published under your friend's name as if he wrote them, then it's your choice whether to add or remove it from your history
No. A Google search won't bring up my name. The blog publishes all articles under the name "admin" .

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Scandinavian02: 7:11am On Mar 29, 2019
Please, can a spouse who is not a PA list all his/her work experience on the application or just put it under personal history?

Would his/her work experiences be also checked alongside the PA? Just do not want to make the whole application cumbersome as it may take much more time to get PPR if it looks that way.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 7:54am On Mar 29, 2019
dalutin:

@ Topsmamen....what if I answered YES to the visa refusal question, and further stated that I have been refused a U.S Student Visa and Tourist visa without any explanation on reasons for refusal, and submitted without uploading the refusal letter. Hope CIC won't investigate further by asking the Embassy why I was refused? I submitted my application for PR 2 weeks ago, and I'm planning to raise CSE to inform CIC about the acquisition of my company by another company, dunno if i should seize the opportunity to give reasons for the U.S visa refusal, and attach the refusal letter together with documents from my new company..Thanks....Gurus in the house please contribute. God bless!

The most important is that you declared that YES in your application. Some people misplaced their rejection letters and some could not remember why they were denied, so that’s normal. CIC will discover your refusal reason during information sharing with other embassies. Don’t worry about it at all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 7:55am On Mar 29, 2019
I'm good bro. It is o, more of mental stress (cross-checking and cross-checking the documents and forms to be double sure I don't make mistakes). But I like this kin stress, for progress and movement, big man problems grin grin grin.

Topsmamen:

grin grin
How far sis? Hope the post-ITA stress isn't too much?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 7:58am On Mar 29, 2019
Ifeoma77:

shocked shocked plus EORs o

As in! If that guy’s processing Canada, add other expenses such as ECA, Medicals, RPRF/Application fee. Then POF and airplane tickets, assuming it’s a family of 5 undecided

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nelronaldo(m): 8:02am On Mar 29, 2019
joo2018:
This is why context is important. You did not specify that your CV was with a US school not a US government.

And it also appears that you have already made a decision and is just looking for reinforcement.

You can choose not to add it. Since it didn't appear before in the US immigration application. Info-sharing is between the Canadian and US governments.

If you decide to include it, it will be under "Organization", volunteer.

Thanks a lot bro. I haven't decided yet, nor seeking reinforcement. I am here to seek expert opinion to guide me so I won't make any costly mistake.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 8:15am On Mar 29, 2019
Naaaahhhh, no need to worry. If the only place you included the volunteer work was in the CV you submitted to the university and not to the US embassy, you are safe. CIC would not go as far as asking the US universities to submit personal information of previous applicants. They do not have that legal right. Only the embassies share information. Except they instruct the US embassy to request the information from the university on their behalf, which is very unlikely. Maybe you should also read the data protection policy (or privacy agreement) of the university you applied to, to check how quickly they destroy the documents of unsucessful applicants and what they use the submitted documents for. Most universities would never release applicants' information to foreign embassies or other institutions without the owners' permission.

nelronaldo:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 8:27am On Mar 29, 2019
Ideally, paid and volunteer are contradictory. Volunteer work does not count for EE. Also what were you paid? A stipend or salary?

@bolded

"Federal Skilled Worker Program
Minimum requirements
Skilled work experience
Your work experience must be:

in the same type of job as your primary NOC
within the last 10 years
paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships don’t count)
at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
at least 1 year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous:
full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed."

But if you still want to claim it as work experience, you have to get a reference letter. It would be nice if the letter omits the volunteer information and if your company do not have to mention the volunteer thing. Just full time employee, 40 hours a weeks, paid so and so. You should have pay slips, salary certificate or bank statements to back up the claim. Read more here

https://www.quora.com/Does-freelance-work-count-as-employment-for-the-Canadian-Express-Entry-PR

Amica26:
Please I volunteered at an organisation. I got official letters of employment, I worked from Monday to Friday 8am to be 5pm and I got paid as well. Can I claim this as work experience?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by lobell: 8:30am On Mar 29, 2019
On the issue of my stuck passport. I had earlier mailed CIC about my intention to submit the data page and then send the visa pages and stamped pages subsequently. Here is the reply I got. Emphasis in blue are mine.

Good day Client,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Your Express Entry invitation to apply is valid for 60 days only. You should start filling out the online form right away so that you can get all the information and documents you need before your invitation expires.

If you do not apply within 60 days and you have not declined the invitation, your invitation will expire and you will need to create a new EE profile and be accepted again in the pool to be considered in future rounds.

Lastly, it is important to provide each document in order for your eligibility to be assessed. However, if you are unable to provide a document from the list, we invite you to upload a detailed letter explaining why you are not providing the document.

You can upload this letter instead of the requested document in order to be able to continue your online application.

Please consult the Apply - Skilled immigrants (Express Entry) page to learn more about the process.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.

Sincerely,

So, apparently, you can submit an LOE for any documents you can not secure at the time of submission. This is not to take away from the fact that a complete application is most desirable and should be striven for by any means necessary. Please do not abuse this privilege.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by johnnybravo1990: 8:39am On Mar 29, 2019
Topsmamen:

As in! If that guy’s processing Canada, add other expenses such as ECA, Medicals, RPRF/Application fee. Then POF and airplane tickets, assuming it’s a family of 5 undecided
Are we even sure the guy has passed yet? The number of IELTS may still be counting.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Kentz3: 8:40am On Mar 29, 2019
Hello guys I need an urgent answer to this question ,please can I use my bsc and institute of strategic management certificate as two or more certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yemblaze(f): 8:56am On Mar 29, 2019
Wow..congratss. Hard work pays.
PM me for a contact in UNILAG records if you are in need of it.

abyejecks:
Update on Ielts journey- first attempt

I posted about my ielts exam experience using the computer delivered format on Tuesday 12th March. My result was delivered via ups courier on friday 21st March.
Listening 8.5
Reading 8.5
Writing 7
Speaking 7.5
British Council
Resources- ieltsonlinetests (reading and listening), ieltspracticepteonline(reading and listening), ieltsliz, ieltsbuddy, ieltsjay for tutorials. Writing task1-chris Pell task 2- Amanda Lynn YouTube.
Finally, I give all glory to God. I practised and studied like my life depended on it to the point, I collapsed and was rushed to hospital as I wasn't eating or sleeping well. Studying on empty stomach plus anxiety attacks.
I started practising from October till the exam even.
Thanks nairalanders. Your the best.
Waiting for my evaluation as unilag is yet to send my transcript to Ices.
Prayer is key as well as hard work.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nonen(m): 9:09am On Mar 29, 2019
After submission of application, how long does it take to acknowledge payment and start reviewing the applicants application? Someone submitted since 8th March and said nothing has changed after submission. I told him they should have at least acknowledged receipt of payment. Any ideas please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Industrialist: 9:48am On Mar 29, 2019
I just created an express entry profile and I imputted the IELTS TRF details and ECA Immigration reference numbers but I got a mail stating that I'm ineligible. I have 443 points according to CRS but no points were awarded to me when I created the profile.

Has anyone experienced this?

What to do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by dalutin: 9:54am On Mar 29, 2019
Ifeoma77:

No need. They'll find out the reason for the refusal during info sharing. Your own part is to state the refusal, there's no crime in not uploading the refusal letter

Tanx alot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by dalutin: 9:57am On Mar 29, 2019
Topsmamen:

The most important is that you declared that YES in your application. Some people misplaced their rejection letters and some could not remember why they were denied, so that’s normal. CIC will discover your refusal reason during information sharing with other embassies. Don’t worry about it at all.

Tanx alot bro...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Doctorfitz: 10:10am On Mar 29, 2019
chicyclass:
Nigeria

Pls I'll appreciate your response.... Was it written on d evaluation as a bachelor's degree or what precisely was on the evaluation report?....

Ur input would save so many people from making a wrong choice if true.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 10:10am On Mar 29, 2019
Industrialist:
I just created an express entry profile and I imputted the IELTS TRF details and ECA Immigration reference numbers but I got a mail stating that I'm ineligible. I have 443 points according to CRS but no points were awarded to me when I created the profile.

Has anyone experienced this?

What to do?

Check the simulation you did with the CRS tool and ensure it tallies with the details of your EE profile. It could be anything - maybe a wrong NOC class, POF amount, work experience etc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 10:14am On Mar 29, 2019
nonen:
After submission of application, how long does it take to acknowledge payment and start reviewing the applicants application? Someone submitted since 8th March and said nothing has changed after submission. I told him they should have at least acknowledged receipt of payment. Any ideas please?

The person should have received an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) message in their application. Next is to wait for Medicals passed and Biometrics instruction which from current trends, take about 30-45 days. Sometime in April, he/she will be notified of this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by majjj: 10:18am On Mar 29, 2019
@ArcUgo good morning. Trying to PM you to no avail. Please can i get an email address to reach you on? or if you dont mind sending me an email,gamespikey30@yahoo.com . Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Xyzee: 10:25am On Mar 29, 2019
Scandinavian02:
Please, can a spouse who is not a PA list all his/her work experience on the application or just put it under personal history?

Would his/her work experiences be also checked alongside the PA? Just do not want to make the whole application cumbersome as it may take much more time to get PPR if it looks that way.

I don't think you require to list you work experience if you are not a PA.

I dont know to what extent IRCC comfrims claims from a spouse who is not a PA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:26am On Mar 29, 2019
nelronaldo:

No. A Google search won't bring up my name. The blog publishes all articles under the name "admin" .
Perfect! You can remove that part if you want
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jennyvick01(f): 10:40am On Mar 29, 2019
this must be a joke right?? shocked shocked..
Topsmamen:
2.4 million naira!!! shocked lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.