Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,483 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (860170 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 2:13pm On Mar 29, 2019
GozyNA:

You can't claim three years but two. You have one year from NYSC and one year and 5months from the assistant finance position. Your current job which is under one year won't count.

Edit: Reading stuff online and it seems it might be possible for you to claim points for 3years (that's including your current job).
Biko joo2018 and Ifeoma77 abeg make una chook mouth.

Yes, she can claim points for 3 years as her total work experience exceeds 3 years. She only needs to get reference letter in one of the jobs where her work experience is at least 1 year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 2:17pm On Mar 29, 2019
hipstar2:

Hahahaha. I tell you! Well, I’ve now submitted and received an acknowledgement. Is that AOR?

I feel like asking for what the next step is but I won’t. Calmly walks away*

Whispers in @ifeoma77 @topsmamen ears* what’s the next step after this?

Lmao! Yes, that's the infamous AOR.

*Whispering back*: Look for your March AOR folks and join the group (if any) to keep up to date with gist. Wait for MEP/BIL in April/May. Pray.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 2:27pm On Mar 29, 2019
You can add up any number of jobs in NOC 0,A, or B to make up 3ys as long as one of them is a minimum 1yr.

If I understand the major issue, it is whether you can claim the "management trainee" job for points.

1. FSW does not exempt "trainee" jobs from minimum requirements. Only Volunteer work or unpaid internships does not count (see here).

2. Some "0" NOCs (0122, 0621) have "trainee" as part of possible job titles even though part of "0" employment requirements is "several years of experience". 1 NOC B (1312) also has.

3. Having said all that, I believe the key is your JD. Does your "management trainee" JD match with any NOC 0, A or B?

dorothy0324:
Hello All, I’m a bit confused with this NOC calculation. I have a 1 year experience (NYSC) as an assistant finance officer in a well known logistics company in Lagos, a 1 year 5 months experience in a bank as credit risk officer, currently, I work as a mgt. trainee in another bank (8months). The question is can I claim to have 3 years experience?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stephanie09: 2:29pm On Mar 29, 2019
dorothy0324:
Hello All, I’m a bit confused with this NOC calculation. I have a 1 year experience (NYSC) as an assistant finance officer in a well known logistics company in Lagos, a 1 year 5 months experience in a bank as credit risk officer, currently, I work as a mgt. trainee in another bank (8months). The question is can I claim to have 3 years experience?

Hi Dorothy, yes you can claim 3years work experience if all three jobs fall under NOC A,O, B. However your mgt trainee job can’t be your primary NOC as it’s not over a year. Your primary NOC would be either the NYSC job or the credit risk officer job. I hope you understand.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by pejuhazel(f): 2:32pm On Mar 29, 2019
Please o; our POF is fixed in two accounts. Mine and my husband's; the one in my account has matured and has been rolled over. The one in my husband's account has also matured but we are thinking of transferring it to my account to fix as well because my bank gives higher interest.
Now my issue is hope it won't affect our application negatively cos I plan to raise a CSE to submit the new certificate. Our VO is Accra and we are 3 months post AOR. cc @Ifeoma77 @joo2018 @Topsmamen
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Palominopeaches(f): 2:56pm On Mar 29, 2019
ladymarshall:
I agree with you. I don't even believe any exam is about intelligence, it's never a true test of knowledge. But when I said sense, I meant wisdom not intelligence. To attempt the same exam 32 times and still keep failing is a case of foolhardiness, not determination. There is something he is not doing right in one or all the modules and until he corrects it or amends it, he can write it up to 70 times and still not get the right scores. Even IELTS advices in their practice modules that if you repeat the exam without any significant improvement in skills, the scores will return the same. The exam is not about luck but strategy.

Besides if I have to write the same exam over 10 times and still fail, the handwriting is clear on the wall. The goal is financial improvement and better lifestyle in a sane country and there are different routes to it. Canada is great but it is not heaven, neither is it the only sane country in the West. If IELTS was the only hurdle to cross in migration, I would have understood his efforts, but baba will still spend millions in Canada to settle before he even gets his first job there (hopefully a good one) + other expenses post-ITA.

All the same, to each his own, it will end in praise for us all.

I totally agree with you ma'am!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 2:59pm On Mar 29, 2019
Topsmamen:

Yes, she can claim points for 3 years as her total work experience exceeds 3 years. She only needs to get reference letter in one of the jobs where her work experience is at least 1 year.

Thanks for clarifying this smiley

Always thought when combining NOCs one must have worked at least a year in each one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by cutieplum(f): 3:00pm On Mar 29, 2019
joo2018:
What is O.D?
O.D (Doctor Of Optometry) refers to the certificate of study or qualification that an Optometrist earns at the end of the 6 years study. Just as you'd get LLB for Lawyers or MBBS for Medical Doctors.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 3:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
pejuhazel:
Please o; our POF is fixed in two accounts. Mine and my husband's; the one in my account has matured and has been rolled over. The one in my husband's account has also matured but we are thinking of transferring it to my account to fix as well because my bank gives higher interest.
Now my issue is hope it won't affect our application negatively cos I plan to raise a CSE to submit the new certificate. Our VO is Accra and we are 3 months post AOR. cc @Ifeoma77 @joo2018 @Topsmamen
Thanks

Since it's Accra please do what you have to. You can also add evidence of the transfer from your husband to you. I'd even add an LOE explaining the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by duchessgoddess(f): 3:10pm On Mar 29, 2019
Hello everyone. Anyone attended ABSU (Abia State University) here? Which is better and more common to use for ECA? WES or IQAS?

Cc: Tojued
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 3:18pm On Mar 29, 2019
my wife has CITN, but she got exempted from writing the exams, because she has completed her ICAN.
However, she just did one day induction and was awarded a certificate
how would it be added in personal history ? 2013 January-2013 january
or can we just skip it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 3:25pm On Mar 29, 2019
dorothy0324:
One last question for now lol... please does ACCA certification count/useful anywhere in this express entry Programme? Thanks
very useful and it counts
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by dorothy0324: 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2019
Ok that’s very clear now. thanks a lot.
Topsmamen:

Yes, that's correct. Since you have at least a 1-year experience in both, you can pick your preferred choice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by dorothy0324: 3:29pm On Mar 29, 2019
Wow I would just finish up the few papers I have left to write then. Thanks
iaatmguy:
very useful and it counts
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Phaytie(f): 3:29pm On Mar 29, 2019
Please, with this current WES requirements, how do I send my degree certificate to WES? Can I take it to DHL office myself, but that will mean that the stamp and seal WES requires will not be on the envelop. How Do I send it, So that the envelop and package also meets WES requirements?
I was advised by someone to use hellofax. But WES specified, by postal mail or courier. Are they the same?

topacs:

My transcript has been sent to IQAS from my sch.... DHL showing received and signed but it has not been updated on my portal, do i need to email them to notify them..

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 3:41pm On Mar 29, 2019
dorothy0324:
very good of you, while at that, i think you can use some of your results to apply, it should give a diploma, which is the same upon completion. how many papers have you written? how many left ?
However YOU MUST FINISH OOOOOOOOOOO grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 3:42pm On Mar 29, 2019
Phaytie:
Please, with this current WES requirements, how do I send my degree certificate to WES? Can I take it to DHL office myself, but that will mean that the stamp and seal WES requires will not be on the envelop. How Do I send it, So that the envelop and package also meets WES requirements?
I was advised by someone to use hellofax. But WES specified, by postal mail or courier. Are they the same?

use hellofax, you don't need DHL

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 3:44pm On Mar 29, 2019
dorothy0324:
very good of you,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Sam07045: 3:49pm On Mar 29, 2019
Please my people. What provincial nomination is open now? Help a brother
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Queencyco: 3:49pm On Mar 29, 2019
Topsmamen:

Please shed more light on this. Do you mean for example that if I am claiming points for " secondary school teacher" and "administrative assistant" , I only need to bring reference letter for the primary NOC? Meaning I don't need to prove the secondary NOC by providing a reference letter for it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bozz007(m): 3:52pm On Mar 29, 2019
Phaytie:

hellofax is okay for copy of degree certificate alone, transcript must come from school and WAEC verification must come from WAEC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ologunsunny: 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2019
After I received ITA and paid for the application fee, and I submitted like that thinking I will pay the right of permanent resident fee later, can I pay it next I receive salary or I have to wait until they request for it thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Queencyco: 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2019
duchessgoddess:
Hello everyone. Anyone attended ABSU (Abia State University) here? Which is better and more common to use for ECA? WES or IQAS?

Cc: Tojued

I'm sure of WES and ICES. I really don't know about IQAS. You should know that ABSU can send your transcripts to ICES by email and also post it via courier if you want it that way.

If you however, pay for your transcript and post it to WES, and then come back later for verification, you'll be required to pay another fee for verification (30k).

Rest assured, ABSU knows the process very well, the only problem is that their charges are high plus the tips. Just go with enough money sha �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 4:01pm On Mar 29, 2019
Queencyco:

Please shed more light on this. Do you mean for example that if I am claiming points for " secondary school teacher" and "administrative assistant" , I only need to bring reference letter for the primary NOC? Meaning I don't need to prove the secondary NOC by providing a reference letter for it?

That's right. As long as both jobs are classified under an acceptable NOC level for EE (i.e A, 0 and B). If the primary NOC is Administrative Assistant, then put this in the Work History section and provide a reference letter for this position. The Secondary School Teacher position should be placed in the Personal History section as you won't be required to submit reference letters for jobs placed in the Personal History section. I hope this helps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
Ologunsunny:
After I received ITA and paid for the application fee, and I submitted like that thinking I will pay the right of permanent resident fee later, can I pay it next I receive salary or I have to wait until they request for it thanks.

You'd have to wait until they request for it in form of an ADR.

Edited: You can also raise a CSE like @raphrulz did. He visited the CIC site and paid. Then attached the downloaded receipt to a CSE and sent to CIC.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Bubblefairy(f): 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2019
joo2018:
You can add up any number of jobs in NOC 0,A, or B to make up 3ys as long as one of them is a minimum 1yr.

If I understand the major issue, it is whether you can claim the "management trainee" job for points.

1. FSW does not exempt "trainee" jobs from minimum requirements. Only Volunteer work or unpaid internships does not count (see here).

2. Some "0" NOCs (0122, 0621) have "trainee" as part of possible job titles even though part of "0" employment requirements is "several years of experience". 1 NOC B (1312) also has.

3. Having said all that, I believe the key is your JD. Does your "management trainee" JD match with any NOC 0, A or B?

Hi, can one claim points for the one year Industrial Attachment after National Diploma if it was paid??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ologunsunny: 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2019
Topsmamen:

You'd have to wait until they request for it in form of an ADR.

Thanks for the response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Bubblefairy(f): 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2019
Topsmamen:

That's right. As long as both jobs are classified under an acceptable NOC level for EE (i.e A, 0 and B). If the primary NOC is Administrative Assistant, then put this in the Work History section and provide a reference letter for this position. The Secondary School Teacher position should be placed in the Personal History section as you won't be required to submit reference letters for jobs placed in the Work History section. I hope this helps.

Hi, Using the above illustration, if I'm claiming points for both Administrative Assistance and Secondary School teacher, are you saying I only need reference letter for the Administrative Assistance position and not necessarily the Secondary School position even if I'm claiming points for it??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by TemiGee: 4:25pm On Mar 29, 2019
Guy @ Kods1900 just thinking about the bolded. E be like say I see you for Quilox yesterday. Lol. Just kidding. Congratulations! may the journey ahead be smooth for you and your family

Kods1900:

I don’t know how to do all the bolded things you people do so please just take my write-up the way it comes, Secondly I’m going to be typing on my phone so please ignore any typos you see.

Timeline:

ECA
Used WES, didn’t know at the time that there were other evaluation bodies, only knew about BC for IELTS and WESfor ECA.

I was an unserious club boy during my university days so I graduated with a 3rd class after 7 years (A disappointment that later became a blessing) 2 years later I went back for another degree and graduated with a better grade. So with this I had 2 certificates. WES took 4 months because I had to evaluate my diploma, first bsc and second bsc....

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by cmaamaa: 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2019
Topsmamen:

That's right. As long as both jobs are classified under an acceptable NOC level for EE (i.e A, 0 and B). If the primary NOC is Administrative Assistant, then put this in the Work History section and provide a reference letter for this position. The Secondary School Teacher position should be placed in the Personal History section as you won't be required to submit reference letters for jobs placed in the Personal History section. I hope this helps.

Hmmm... This advice is somehow o. Please be sure of what you are advising o cos I don't think this ia correct

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stephanie09: 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2019
Bubblefairy:

Hi, Using the above illustration, if I'm claiming points for both Administrative Assistance and Secondary School teacher, are you saying I only need reference letter for the Administrative Assistance position and not necessarily the Secondary School position even if I'm claiming points for it??

You will provide reference letter for the jobs that you are claiming point for. In this case you need two separate ref letters, one for the school teacher and the other for admin. I’m assuming that the two jobs are in different companies and that you are trying to sum up three years work experience?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by pejuhazel(f): 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2019
Thank you. I hope it doesn't complicate things
GozyNA:

Since it's Accra please do what you have to. You can also add evidence of the transfer from your husband to you. I'd even add an LOE explaining the bolded.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.