Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (860077 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Youtook(f): 10:42am On Mar 29, 2019
Adunnee:
So, today is Ifeoma77's birthday!

Happy Birthday dearest Ifeoma. May your life be beautiful and joyful. May your joy know no bounds. May you live a fulfilling life worthy of emulation. May your life be blessed and blissful.

Have a joyous birthday celebration.

I missed this! I trust you had a great day @ifeoma77. Have a great year. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nonen(m): 10:47am On Mar 29, 2019
Thanks, you’re right. He received two emails on his profile, with one of the talking about payment. He probably didn’t know that’s the AOR.

Topsmamen:

The person should have received an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) message in their application. Next is to wait for Medicals passed and Biometrics instruction which from current trends, take about 30-45 days. Sometime in April, he/she will be notified of this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 10:52am On Mar 29, 2019
Ifeoma77:

You no longer need a job to get Alberta PNP. They've opened it up.
She should consider french too
Sorry, I really don't know much about PNP
thanks for your response, please for those who got Alberta NOI, how did you get it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by majjj: 10:54am On Mar 29, 2019
Good morning all,please i would like to know if anyone applying for EE is an architect. I would like to know if you had to register with any Body in Canada,also if there is any prerequisite to applying as an architect from Nigeria. thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Doctorfitz: 10:56am On Mar 29, 2019
My self and some colleagues are trying to take the ICES route but this one someone said they didn't evaluate doctor of optometry degree well.

NAwa.

Pls house if any one has something concrete on this issue pls ur inputs would be appreciated.....

cc:ifeoma77
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 11:02am On Mar 29, 2019
Doctorfitz:
My self and some colleagues are trying to take the ICES route but this one someone said they didn't evaluate doctor of optometry degree well.

NAwa.

Pls house if any one has something concrete on this issue pls ur inputs would be appreciated.....

Some pages back, someone said WES evaluated O.D. as a professional degree. You might want to enquire from WES before taking the leap though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 11:08am On Mar 29, 2019
Scandinavian02:
Please, can a spouse who is not a PA list all his/her work experience on the application or just put it under personal history?

Would his/her work experiences be also checked alongside the PA? Just do not want to make the whole application cumbersome as it may take much more time to get PPR if it looks that way.

No need to. This could cause unnecessary attention to your application. So KISS (Keep It Short/Simple). grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by lobell: 11:14am On Mar 29, 2019
nonen:
After submission of application, how long does it take to acknowledge payment and start reviewing the applicants application? Someone submitted since 8th March and said nothing has changed after submission. I told him they should have at least acknowledged receipt of payment. Any ideas please?

Online applications: After we receive your application, it may take up to 5 days for you to see it in your account. We are working to make this wait time shorter. If your application does not appear after 5 days, contact us and report a technical problem. This issue will not delay processing of your application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by dalutin: 11:14am On Mar 29, 2019
Topsmamen:

No need to. This could cause unnecessary attention to your application. So KISS (Keep It Short/Simple). grin

bro, pls check your inbox
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 11:20am On Mar 29, 2019
Maybe o. Case of too much money, no sense.

johnnybravo1990:

Are we even sure the guy has passed yet? The number of IELTS may still be counting.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 11:27am On Mar 29, 2019
dalutin:

bro, pls check your inbox

Yes boss. Already replied.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bunmioluwa: 11:37am On Mar 29, 2019
I don't think 8777 in IELTS is all about sense o, if it is many people will get it once. There are first-class and intelligent students who had to attempt IELTS 5 times before having 8777 only because they kept missing 0.5 in one component.

The guy might have also looked for 0.5 many times. It is well o.

ladymarshall:

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bunmioluwa: 11:49am On Mar 29, 2019
Hmm, true talk. I am even thinking it is possible he is doing it for Australia, where he needs 8888, and 8 in writing is not a walk in the park.

Topsmamen:

As in! If that guy’s processing Canada, add other expenses such as ECA, Medicals, RPRF/Application fee. Then POF and airplane tickets, assuming it’s a family of 5 undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 11:53am On Mar 29, 2019
hipstar2:
smiley

Fellow housemates (hahhahaha), I'm kinda ready to submit the application and my heart is doing 'gbish gbish'. The only explanation I have is my POF and that was just to help the processing officer do the maths.

I uploaded the same ref letter in the placeholder for all the job titles (5 different JDs) cos it's from the same employer and I got only one letter. Is this okay?

My optional document folder is empty as I no get anything to explain.

Perhaps I should go to bed.
you own is good, me that to even type and open the profile i get scared. to add salt upon injury, filled london as place of study for ACCA, when the exam was written in lagos. since then i almost ask people to help me spell my name grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 11:56am On Mar 29, 2019
Ifeoma77:

What will you fill as the 'second or more certificates'?
Csc grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 12:02pm On Mar 29, 2019
Scandinavian02:
Please, can a spouse who is not a PA list all his/her work experience on the application or just put it under personal history?

Would his/her work experiences be also checked alongside the PA? Just do not want to make the whole application cumbersome as it may take much more time to get PPR if it looks that way.

even scandinavians want to go to the maple country. grin take it to personal history. since you are not claiming points for it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by dorothy0324: 12:06pm On Mar 29, 2019
Hello All, I’m a bit confused with this NOC calculation. I have a 1 year experience (NYSC) as an assistant finance officer in a well known logistics company in Lagos, a 1 year 5 months experience in a bank as credit risk officer, currently, I work as a mgt. trainee in another bank (8months). The question is can I claim to have 3 years experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2019
dorothy0324:
Hello All, I’m a bit confused with this NOC calculation. I have a 1 year experience (NYSC) as an assistant finance officer in a well known logistics company in Lagos, a 1 year 5 months experience in a bank as credit risk officer, currently, I work as a mgt. trainee in another bank (8months). The question is can I claim to have 3 years experience?

For sure. You are good to go. You can claim points using your NYSC or the Cresit Risk Officer job.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by dorothy0324: 12:23pm On Mar 29, 2019
Okay.. you mean I should just pick one out of the 2?? I get it. Thanks... I assumed combining all 3 experiences was possible.
Topsmamen:

For sure. You are good to go. You can claim points using your NYSC or the Cresit Risk Officer job.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 12:29pm On Mar 29, 2019
bunmioluwa:
I don't think 8777 in IELTS is all about sense o, if it is many people will get it once. There are first-class and intelligent students who had to attempt IELTS 5 times before having 8777 only because they kept missing 0.5 in one component.

ladymarshall:
:

my BIL is a UK trained engineer, has worked/is working with a world class company.
he has written IELTS 7 times and still counting
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 12:34pm On Mar 29, 2019
dorothy0324:

You can't claim three years but two. You have one year from NYSC and one year and 5months from the assistant finance position. Your current job which is under one year won't count.

Edit: Reading stuff online and it seems it might be possible for you to claim points for 3years (that's including your current job).
Biko joo2018 and Ifeoma77 abeg make una chook mouth.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by hipstar2: 12:48pm On Mar 29, 2019
iaatmguy:
you own is good, me that to even type and open the profile i get scared. to add salt upon injury, filled london as place of study for ACCA, when the exam was written in lagos. since then i almost ask people to help me spell my name grin grin

Hahahaha. I tell you! Well, I’ve now submitted and received an acknowledgement. Is that AOR?

I feel like asking for what the next step is but I won’t. Calmly walks away*

Whispers in @ifeoma77 @topsmamen ears* what’s the next step after this?

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by cutieplum(f): 12:54pm On Mar 29, 2019
Doctorfitz:

NAwa.

guys stick to WES please. Got my O.D evaluated as an equivalent of a Master's degree. Don't know how ICES evaluates Optometry, so can't speak on that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2019
I agree with you. I don't even believe any exam is about intelligence, it's never a true test of knowledge. But when I said sense, I meant wisdom not intelligence. To attempt the same exam 32 times and still keep failing is a case of foolhardiness, not determination. There is something he is not doing right in one or all the modules and until he corrects it or amends it, he can write it up to 70 times and still not get the right scores. Even IELTS advices in their practice modules that if you repeat the exam without any significant improvement in skills, the scores will return the same. The exam is not about luck but strategy.

Besides if I have to write the same exam over 10 times and still fail, the handwriting is clear on the wall. The goal is financial improvement and better lifestyle in a sane country and there are different routes to it. Canada is great but it is not heaven, neither is it the only sane country in the West. If IELTS was the only hurdle to cross in migration, I would have understood his efforts, but baba will still spend millions in Canada to settle before he even gets his first job there (hopefully a good one) + other expenses post-ITA.

All the same, to each his own, it will end in praise for us all.

bunmioluwa:

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by dorothy0324: 1:01pm On Mar 29, 2019
One last question for now lol... please does ACCA certification count/useful anywhere in this express entry Programme? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kams19(m): 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2019
chicyclass:
I used statement of result only but please if you can, let the school send it together with your transcript to ICES.

so what you are saying is that I have no problem if I send my Statement of result.
because why I'm asking is that I don't have certificate yet. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 29, 2019
Topsmamen:
2.4 million naira!!! shocked lipsrsealed

Ahhhh....

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 1:22pm On Mar 29, 2019
grin grin grin

iaatmguy:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 1:30pm On Mar 29, 2019
hipstar2:

Hahahaha. I tell you! Well, I’ve now submitted and received an acknowledgement. Is that AOR?

Whispers in @ifeo.ma77 @topsma.men ears* what’s the next step after this?
yes thats AOR

wait and pray grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 1:31pm On Mar 29, 2019
Haha!!! grin

Next step: Fasting and prayers grin

hipstar2:

Whispers in @ifeoma77 @topsmamen ears* what’s the next step after this?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 1:59pm On Mar 29, 2019
What is O.D?
cutieplum:
guys stick to WES please. Got my O.D evaluated as an equivalent of a Master's degree. Don't know how ICES evaluates Optometry, so can't speak on that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 2:07pm On Mar 29, 2019
dorothy0324:
Okay.. you mean I should just pick one out of the 2?? I get it. Thanks... I assumed combining all 3 experiences was possible.

Yes, that's correct. Since you have at least a 1-year experience in both, you can pick your preferred choice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.