Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,382 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (862164 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Livy2018: 7:29pm On Apr 05, 2019
I am sure you have gotten some help, a hug from here and cheers to your next result
teeielts360:
Hello Guys.

I NEED HELP.

@dumprep, @4wearegreat, @joo2018, @Ifeoma77, @Topsmamen, @wasseynewest, @samsonedos, @raphrulz, @smslive2, @ladymarshall, @Livy2018, @tolfa.

ANYBODY, EVERYBODY.

I REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS ONE.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Livy2018: 7:32pm On Apr 05, 2019
Thanks sis, I didnot submit his US passport, we only submitted a copy of his data page along with our naija passports.
Fyorgyn:

Congrats sis.

My son is a US citizen... I submitted both his passports o... used rubber band to "bind" both passports together.

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 7:32pm On Apr 05, 2019
If the DPI is too low, the document will not be clear and you may get ADR to re-send.

Use 300dpi colour and use an online PDF compressor.

Upton:
Please is it compulsory to scan my documents with 300dpi? Can't I use something lower? With 300dpi, some of my file will be more than the maximum size of 4mb.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Theokleia: 7:33pm On Apr 05, 2019
Pls my dear pipo, has ices changed the rule, do they now require WAEC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Livy2018: 7:35pm On Apr 05, 2019
grin grin grin grin thanks for the A+ score.

ladymarshall:
*grabs binoculars and red biro* grin

Hallelujahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Congrats!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Shame to the Devil and praise be to God.

Chai! Your story post-AOR touched me. I am so happy for you. God indeed did not put you to shame, He has answered and now you have testified.

For pouring out your heartfelt story to us and the elaborateness of your script, I will score you 9.2

Wow @bolded, March post-ITA Whatsapp group, where una dey? I am not a good groupie member but I come in all humility, I no form again, we need each other, kindly add me edakun grin grin

QUTEE darling please if you read this, reply me on whatsapp, I have changed my mind grin grin God bless you for the whatsapp group encouragement, you're an angel kiss

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Itzchord: 7:39pm On Apr 05, 2019
Anikulapu:
250-260 not more than 260. just a hint from someone that marks ielts , he is based in canada tho. just worshiped in my church and a friend to my Pastor so we discussed my predicaments on the outcome of my wifey result. she scored 8,8,8.5,6.5 in writing 6 times . And all he told me to tell her was to reduce the words to 260 max that most markers rule out when its getting to 270 and more. this is just an advice tho, just trying to help. the wey this country is when i become PM for Canada i will allow all Nigerian free entry oo grin grin
In my case, I did BC twice; wrote 250-260 words in my part 2, got 6 both times. Then, I sat the test with IDP once, wrote 276 words and got a 7. I think the reason ielts examiners say you should remain within the 260 range is so you can avoid unnecessary exertion and then start repeating points and writing off topic. My own is, stick to your strategy that works for you. Follow E2 language; the guy is the best ielts teacher I've come across.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
ladymarshall:
It is not true. I wrote about 320 words, collected extra sheets and got an 8. Your grammatical accuracy, structure, coherence, flow and vocabulary range are what matters. It should be the exact length (250) or lenghtier. Perhaps, they had every other points checked and were short of lenght, which would make the advice of extending the lenght to 10 more words at least relevant. I would worry more about coherence especially for task 2 and grammatical accuracy for both tasks considering the time pressure. You had an 8 before so you stand a better chance in your next (and last attempt hopefully). But get a third eye to look at your personal writing drafts, you might be surprised at the evaluation.

I couldn't agree more, I definitely wrote above 300 words in both tasks 1 & 2. I get that people love to hype what they did different and tout that as the only solution to the writing problem, but the most likely reason for an improvement in the score, is that the writer learnt to write better.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:51pm On Apr 05, 2019
teeielts360:
Hello Guys.

i'm going to take this post like my first therapy session.
i am teeielts360, a prospective Express Entry applicant.
i think i'm .... sorry. i am an IELTS addict.
i've been up here since the beginning of this thread and between then and now, today confirms my 5th but not final IELTS test.

1ST- APRIL 2017: LRWS- 8.5, 6.5, 6.0, 7.5 (BC)

2ND- OCT 2017: LRWS- 7.0, 8.0, 8.0, 7.5 (BC) EOR UNCHANGED

3RD- SEPT 8TH 2018: LRWS- 8.5, 7.0, 6.0, 8.5 (MOD) EOR CHANGED WRITING TO 6.5

4TH- SEPT 29TH 2018: LRWS- 8.0, 7.0, 6.5, 8.5 (MOD) EOR UNCHANGED

5TH- FEB 14TH 2019: LRWS- 8.5, 8.0, 6.5, 8.0 (BC) EOR CAME OUT UNCHANGED TODAY

I THINK I SHOULD ADD THAT ALL OTHER DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE CANADIAN EXPRESS ENTRY ARE READY AND AVAILABLE AND MY MAJOR CHALLENGE IS THE WRITING COMPONENT.

I HAVE A BROKEN HEART, I DON'T FEEL ANYTHING RIGHT NOW SO I CAN TAKE ANYTHING SAID OR DONE AS LONG AS ITS A SOLUTION.

IF I MAY ADD AGAIN, I AM AVAILABLE 24/7, MORNING/NIGHT, ANY TIME FOR ANY KIND OF CONTACT OR CORRESPONDENCE THAT CAN HELP END THIS IELTS STREAK.

MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS teeielts360@yahoo.com

I NEED HELP.

@du.mprep, @4wea.regreat, @joo2.018, @If.eoma77, @Topsmamen, @wassey.newest, @sams.onedos, @rap.hrulz, @s.mslive2, @ladyma.rshall, @Livy2.018, @t.olfa.

ANYBODY, EVERYBODY.

I'm really sorry about your experience. I can see that you've already been registered into Wassey's class so all I can say is stay strong. I'm rooting for you

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:02pm On Apr 05, 2019
Liz019:
Nobody warned us of the confusion that comes after PPR o

I could swear i had everything well thought out until i submitted my passport yesterday undecided undecided
grin grin grin grin
You better unconfuse yourself! Something we've been waiting for for 8+ months? lailai village people cannor succeed grin
Just draw up a list of errands, split it with hubby and then set completion dates;

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:02pm On Apr 05, 2019
patty827:
Hi guys
It's been a while I visited nairaland, life and other stuff. But I just want to say congratulations to everyone who scaled one hurdle or the other.
Special congratulations to Ifeom.a77. I know it's been a while you got your good news, but I'm here celebrating. Good luck sis.
Thanks Sis kiss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by teeielts360: 8:09pm On Apr 05, 2019
Thanks @joo2018
I've responded to your mail.
Thank you for reaching out.
Means alot to me.

joo2018:

Congratulations to all who clinched IELTS. May your journey be smooth.

For those of us who still need to get better scores, be encouraged.

@teeielts360, pls reply your mail.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Upton: 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2019
joo2018:
If the DPI is too low, the document will not be clear and you may get ADR to re-send.

Use 300dpi colour and use an online PDF compressor.

I thought pdf compressor reduces the dpi and file size?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Anikulapu: 8:23pm On Apr 05, 2019
The word “it’s not true “sounds like you work for the examination body of IELTS or IRCC . From the beginning I stated it worked for me I don’t know of you. We all can only offer help with what worked for us. No one on this tread determines the outcome of anyone’s results only GOD can. I rest my case.
ladymarshall:
It is not true. I wrote about 320 words, collected extra sheets and got an 8. Your grammatical accuracy, structure, coherence, flow and vocabulary range are what matters. It should be the exact length (250) or lenghtier. Perhaps, they had every other points checked and were short of lenght, which would make the advice of extending the lenght to 10 more words at least relevant. I would worry more about coherence especially for task 2 and grammatical accuracy for both tasks considering the time pressure. You had an 8 before so you stand a better chance in your next (and last attempt hopefully). But get a third eye to look at your personal writing drafts, you might be surprised at the evaluation.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by tey4tobyy8005(f): 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2019
For those interested in March post ITA whatsapp group, here is the link to the one I created, not sure there is any yet
https:///KWuju2QBEtvjbN5QbHwQAxTgv

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 8:28pm On Apr 05, 2019
I don't understand the technology the online compressors use.

I do know however that when I reduced the DPI, the document was not clear. When I used online compressor, it reduced the size and was still as clear as the original.

Upton:

I thought pdf compressor reduces the dpi and file size?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Shiytop: 8:43pm On Apr 05, 2019
Shiytop:
Hello everyone! God bless u all. I'm new here. I want to evaluate my results with Wes. I have OND,HND and PGD in statistics, do I have to evaluate the three results. More so can fill masters degree or professional degree in the level of education column or it has to be two or more degree.
Also there is a mistake on the date of birth on my waec certificate, the date of birth on it isn't correct. Will it affect the evaluation or do I need to do affidavit or mail to tell them. Thanks as I await response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 8:50pm On Apr 05, 2019
update on the passport app

it's better to get a white cloth or white cardboard paper as your background. or be like ifeoma77 who used a white board as her background. ladymarshall. the most suitable is the passport photo editor

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by teeielts360: 8:59pm On Apr 05, 2019
Thanks @ladymarshall
More than third eye seff.
Would do just that.
Thank you.
ladymarshall:
I would worry more about coherence especially for task 2 and grammatical accuracy for both tasks considering the time pressure. You had an 8 before so you stand a better chance in your next (and last attempt hopefully). But get a third eye to look at your personal writing drafts, you might be surprised at the evaluation.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yakay: 8:59pm On Apr 05, 2019
[quote author=Shiytop post=77296907][/quote]

you can evaluate only your OND and HND, that will give you 2 or more certificates, HND alone is even fine but i guess they will ask for the OND,so its better to include it at once.

You are to select 2 or more certificates not professional/masters

for the mistake in your DOB, you said the one in your WAEC result is wrong, which document(s) have the right DOB? and what is the mistake is it with the year or month or day?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by teeielts360: 9:01pm On Apr 05, 2019
Thank you.
chicyclass:
Oh so sorry dear.

I know someone would help you here.

Please don't give up.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 9:03pm On Apr 05, 2019
Mariesio:
Hello Guys ,

Who knows how many years of diploma is AAT (ICAN) equal to pls
you mean ATS ? if so, it is a one year diploma, you have two or more certificate in total
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by teeielts360: 9:04pm On Apr 05, 2019
Thank you.
Would do.
Cannydreams:
So sorry.

Please reach out to @Johnnybravo, the guy is an English guru shocked
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 05, 2019
teeielts360:
Hello Guys.

i'm going to take this post like my first therapy session.
i am teeielts360, a prospective Express Entry applicant.
i think i'm .... sorry. i am an IELTS addict.
i've been up here since the beginning of this thread and between then and now, today confirms my 5th but not final IELTS test.

1ST- APRIL 2017: LRWS- 8.5, 6.5, 6.0, 7.5 (BC)

2ND- OCT 2017: LRWS- 7.0, 8.0, 8.0, 7.5 (BC) EOR UNCHANGED

3RD- SEPT 8TH 2018: LRWS- 8.5, 7.0, 6.0, 8.5 (MOD) EOR CHANGED WRITING TO 6.5

4TH- SEPT 29TH 2018: LRWS- 8.0, 7.0, 6.5, 8.5 (MOD) EOR UNCHANGED

5TH- FEB 14TH 2019: LRWS- 8.5, 8.0, 6.5, 8.0 (BC) EOR CAME OUT UNCHANGED TODAY

I THINK I SHOULD ADD THAT ALL OTHER DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE CANADIAN EXPRESS ENTRY ARE READY AND AVAILABLE AND MY MAJOR CHALLENGE IS THE WRITING COMPONENT.

I HAVE A BROKEN HEART, I DON'T FEEL ANYTHING RIGHT NOW SO I CAN TAKE ANYTHING SAID OR DONE AS LONG AS ITS A SOLUTION.

IF I MAY ADD AGAIN, I AM AVAILABLE 24/7, MORNING/NIGHT, ANY TIME FOR ANY KIND OF CONTACT OR CORRESPONDENCE THAT CAN HELP END THIS IELTS STREAK.

MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS teeielts360@yahoo.com

I NEED HELP.

@dumprep, @4wearegreat, @joo2018, @Ifeoma77, @Topsmamen, @wasseynewest, @samsonedos, @raphrulz, @smslive2, @ladymarshall, @Livy2018, @tolfa.

ANYBODY, EVERYBODY.

Wassey will sort you out, mate.

Although you may need to work on your conjunctions, I would suggest you start off by learning to write more complex sentences when you post/comment on NL (This is an example of a complex sentence...fun, right?).

Practice at every opportunity - when you post on NL/social media, when you write emails at work, heck! even when you chat/communicate with friends and family. Improve your vocabulary too (trick shot - on the test day, scan through your essay, and replace repeated words with synonyms).

Rooting for you, mate!

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mumayo: 9:14pm On Apr 05, 2019
tey4tobyy8005:
For those interested in March post ITA whatsapp group, here is the link to the one I created, not sure there is any yet
https:///KW2QBEtvjbN5QbHwQAxTgv
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by danianne: 9:15pm On Apr 05, 2019
tey4tobyy8005:
https:///KW2QBEtvjbN5QbHwQAxTgv
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 9:16pm On Apr 05, 2019
Shiytop:
Yakay:

you can evaluate only your OND and HND, that will give you 2 or more certificates, HND alone is even fine but i guess they will ask for the OND,so its better to include it at once.

You are to select 2 or more certificates not professional/masters

for the mistake in your DOB, you said the one in your WAEC result is wrong, which document(s) have the right DOB? and what is the mistake is it with the year or month or day?
you must evaluate both. in the case of evaluating one certificate, its applicable only to masters.
for the WAEC, do an affidavit
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 9:22pm On Apr 05, 2019
xtosync:

Thank you very much for checking in @Topsmamen.

In a nutshell, the NOC is a tool that is used to classify occupations according to their Skill Level and Skill Type. A four-digit code, called the "NOC code", identifies the occupation. Each digit of this code reflects an important characteristic of the occupation it represents.

You're most welcome.

Huh?shocked They only sent a system-generated reply instead. SMH.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Itzchord: 9:24pm On Apr 05, 2019
on the test day, scan through your essay, and replace repeated words with synonyms).

Rooting for you, mate!

[/quote]Correct paraphrasing does it baba, try as much as possible not to repeat adjectives, use phrasal verbs if it suits the thought. We go all dey alright Las Las

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 9:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
shams040:
Dear All,

Thanks all for your contributions. I will love to be guided on the necessary process in getting a PR in Canada.

I am 25years currently, single, studied urban and regional planning for B.sc, and on a master by research in civil engineering with specialization in Hazard prediction and management using GIS and Machine Learning in Malaysia on Scholarship.

I will like to move immediately after my m.sc or P.hd.

Please kindly guide me right.

Best Regards.

Page 1 has everything you need to know about the PR process bro.....and more!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 9:29pm On Apr 05, 2019
joo2018:
Shuo, all those words to tell you, "we can't help you".

Boss, based on our contributions that day, which NOCs are you considering now?

He was looking at 0213 (Computer and Information Systems Managers), 2282 (User Support Technicians) seems to fit more though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yetunde84: 9:40pm On Apr 05, 2019
archer1:

My result was exactly this before EOR. Writing changed to 7 post-Eor

Was it with BC and how did you apply for EOR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adebuble(f): 10:06pm On Apr 05, 2019
For those asking if people who did their IELTS on 23rd March have gotten their results, the answer is YES, a friend did on that day and she just told me she got her result and passed, Band 8 overall, and it was her 1st attempt.

She did a review on YouTube using jay one week to her test, then got free classes with edx ielts course, kindly just google it, you will see it..

Best of luck everyone..

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (503)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.