Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (865912 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ENGRAGHA2: 8:10am On Apr 08, 2019
In my ECA report, My OND (2 years diploma) was evaluated as equivalent to canada Post Secondary diploma without stating the duration. What should I choose?
Topsmamen:

Okay. Select "Bachelors' degree" for your BSc, then add your PGD separately and select "One year program at University, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" for the Postgraduate Diploma. You will be awarded points for "Two or more certificates....". Read through the first page here for more info.

After creating and submitting your EE profile, crosscheck your EE overall score (displayed on your account) with your simulated score on the CRS tool to ensure it tallies and that you were awarded the points for 2 or more certificates.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kingspaco: 8:30am On Apr 08, 2019
chicyclass:
Please @bolded
1.Can you explain more. Does it mean Alberta recognises only WES Engineers?
2.What about other provinces?

Thanks.
What this means is that if you ever have in mind to practice engineering in Canada, you'll need to do another Evaluation for the professional body in any province.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by NanaF: 8:30am On Apr 08, 2019
Tod12:
You could be done with it within an hour, if you're there early

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 8:34am On Apr 08, 2019
Avidreader748:
Check my previous messages or pm me.

Pm me.
Modified. Just saw someone already offered.
Please feel free to use him/her.
Please can you process NECO too, because that's the certificate I have at hand. Please dont ask me why not process waec!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 8:35am On Apr 08, 2019
kingspaco:

What this means is that if you ever have in mind to practice engineering in Canada, you'll need to do another Evaluation for the professional body in any province.

Same reason I'm going back to WES.
I should kuku face the waec/neco palaver once and for all.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 8:36am On Apr 08, 2019
Crookesmore:

Pls do you know if i can still pay for the courier service after making the initial payment without courier?
I think so, just send them an email with your request and they'll tell you how
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 8:39am On Apr 08, 2019
chicyclass:
Please @bolded
1.Can you explain more. Does it mean Alberta recognises only WES Engineers?
2.What about other provinces?

Thanks.

You would need to use WES and evaluate your BSc and MSc too for course by course evaluation in Uni to know you did all the required courses as an Engineer in order to fufil the license process as an Engineer.

This will allow you to practise engineering in canada and also allows you in getting PEng.
Please dont ask me what PEng is, google it. *shines teeth*

I hope this litlle info helps

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kunbit(f): 8:42am On Apr 08, 2019
kingspaco:

I think your IELTS result has given you all the points you can get from it.

This is a link to CIMA WhatsApp group. https:///HYsqiZ1vSIn8uIB7SJNpRI
You can join ans know more about the course.

There's a BCS (IT) certificate program you can do as well.

The link is not available
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 08, 2019
kingspaco:

If you have in mind to take him to Canada at anytime in life and you've declared that you have a son from your first marriage, then he will need to do medicals.

Please I have a similar issue. I had a son before I got married and I intend to take him along with me. He bears his father's surname though the dad hasn't been in his life for years. How do I go about this to avoid issues.

Please help. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by oykea123: 8:44am On Apr 08, 2019
johnnybravo1990:
I replied your email. Please my whatsapp number I sent ends with a 5 and not 6

I did not get the mail. please kindly reach on oykeam@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kingspaco: 9:26am On Apr 08, 2019
maplemom:

Please I have a similar issue. I had a son before I got married and I intend to take him along with me. He bears his father's surname though the dad hasn't been in his life for years. How do I go about this to avoid issues.

Please help. Thank you.
If your son is under 22 years of age, you can add him to your application.

Since he has a different surname to your other child/children (assuming), you'll need to provide his birth certificate and other things that would proof to CIC that he has always been under your care from birth.
Some of the things to show could be
His school fees receipts, any medical bill receipts, etc.
Truth is nobody knows how CIC judge some cases but you have to show them enough evidence that he's your son. An affidavit could go a long way too.

Finally you need to explain in details on your LOE( Letter of explanation).
I think that should be enough but don't fail to declare you have him and expect to take him to Canada in future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by babebeky(f): 9:26am On Apr 08, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

Sure.

Please I am also interested. How do I join?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:39am On Apr 08, 2019
amoskitto:

Thanks Ifeoma. Please where can I get a comprehensive list of all the requirements and documentations I would be needing for my application? Is there any link (or page) that itemizes everything?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:40am On Apr 08, 2019
Jenolyfavour:
Good evening house. Please I want to register for ECA. And have masters in engineering and my spouse has masters in fine art. Should I use ICES, WES or IQAS? Or is there any other evaluating body better for us?
It's your choice really, all of them are good options for you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Pegzzyg(f): 9:40am On Apr 08, 2019
Hi, kindly Pm @wasseynewest
Kogigallll:

Please how do one join this class?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by MsJanez01: 9:41am On Apr 08, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

You will be fine. I will be reviewing your writing samples, until your next IELTS. I promise you; you will definitely improve in writing if I coach you. My scrutinization of essays are very thorough, I must warn, making most IELTS takers feel like they are very bad. But with time, they get to realise that they were actually bad, and the IELTS examiners just did their job. Hopefully, you will pass your next attempt. Even before your next exam, you would have noticed how improved you are in writing, and you will be glad you met me. I have seen your whatsapp message. We can start something tomorrow, if you are set.

Please am interestes too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:44am On Apr 08, 2019
funshobabs:
I can't get over my result. Am not so good in writing, I practiced so hard for the writing and manage to pass and listening that I feel so confident about messes me up. I seek for advice for a remark I got a go ahead from just one. I have searched and got only one case where listening was upgraded. Don't know what to do. Please guys I need advice should I go for a remark?
First attempt LRWS 8.5, 6.5, 6.0, 7.5
Second attempt LRWS 7.5, 7.5, 7, 7.5.

I'm kind of certain I did well in the Listening and anticipated an 8.5, what could possibly go wrong?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. In your place, I'd definitely remark. Choose all modules just for the hell of it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:45am On Apr 08, 2019
Swansy10:
Hello house, I just thought I should drop this here as it might help someone on this journey. I would try to keep this as brief as possible.

So some of you may know that I have been trying to get my North Cyprus PCC for a while now. Along the way, I Crossed paths with a very selfless Nigerian on this thread called Temas. He posted the first step by step process of getting the PCC, even shared the link of the agent I eventually used. Before I start rambling about how great this guy is let me go straight to the point.

I would advice anyone looking to get a PCC from North Cyprus to use an agent. Not that you cannot do it without one but if you don’t want to be as fraustrated as I was just save yourself the headache. What do you need?

1. Write a letter giving the agent proxy to apply for and collect your PCC on your behalf ( Pm me for his contact details)
2. Notorize this letter ( did mine at high court Ikeja for 1,500 naija. They will even take 1,200 if you can bargain)
3. Send/Take this letter to the Ministry of foreign affairs Abuja to authenticate it ( this would cost you btw 5 -10k and would take a day or two)
4. Thereafter, take the letter to Turkish embassy Abuja for authentication ( cost $20 per page and would take btw 2 days to a week)
5. Send the letter along with 2 passport photographs to the agents address in North Cyprus ( used dhl for 26k and documents got there in about 8 days). *please emphasize that it’s North Cyprus not just Cyprus before they send it to Larnaca. Happened to me an they had to send it back to Turkey then Ercan*
6. When the agent gets your documents he would inform you and then you’ll need to pay his fees( Cost $150 dollars cry cry. Did western union)
7. You would need to also send him your passport datapage via mail

After all this you should get the soft copy of your PCC in like a week. He would send the hard copy via normal post( I sha don’t need it). Finally, It has ended in praise. Please help me thank Temas, he kept checking up on me when Turkish police were frustrating my and my proxy. Thank you sir and I hope one day I’ll meet you and madam in canny.
Wow!! Page 1 material right here @Joo2018
Congratulations Swansy, whew!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:46am On Apr 08, 2019
Smile4mee01:
Guys... been in this journey for years. Awaiting my IELTS Result. Will be 34 In July and the pressure to get married is on. But getting married now could ruin my csr score and hamper my dream of being a PR holder.

Is there a way around this ?

Kindly advice.
You can get married immediately after AOR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by realone2012: 9:50am On Apr 08, 2019
Morning guyz. Please I have a question.
I have been reading about being able to use ACCA (F1 - F9, diploma) for two or more alongside your Degree.

I am currently a professional student of ACCA (got exempted for F1 - F9) because I already have ICAN.
So please, can I still use ACCA as two or more?
Thank you all!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 08, 2019
kingspaco:

If your son is under 22 years of age, you can add him to your application.

Since he has a different surname to your other child/children (assuming), you'll need to provide his birth certificate and other things that would proof to CIC that he has always been under your care from birth.
Some of the things to show could be
His school fees receipts, any medical bill receipts, etc.
Truth is nobody knows how CIC judge some cases but you have to show them enough evidence that he's your son. An affidavit could go a long way too.

Finally you need to explain in details on your LOE( Letter of explanation).
I think that should be enough but don't fail to declare you have him and expect to take him to Canada in future.

Thank you so so much. What you advised makes a lot of sense and I will do exactly that.
Thank you once more.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Gec8: 10:07am On Apr 08, 2019
Goodmorning guys.

Hope we are all fine?

QUICK ONE.

My CRS score currently stands at 463, I'm 30 and I turn 31 by June which means the score may reduce if i dont enter the pool to make the draw slated for April 17 now and wait till my next birthday. I have a fiance and I want to use my CRS for the both of us.

Whats the House's advice?

1. Do i enter the pool (at my current age which gives me the 463 score) and get the PR for single person, then begin processing for her because by the time she writes the IELts and do the WES, I may get to my next birthday which may reduce the CRS score both both of us.

OR

2. Do I wait it out while she writes her IELTS and gets the WES so we run it together as a couple, which means the CRS score will reduce due to an age increase?

Between options 1 and 2, what do you advice??

Thirdly, if I chose option 1, and after getting the PR for single applicant, how soon can me ad my fiance process hers and how long do you reckon it will take?

Truth is I dont want to go to Canada without my boo, that's why we are in this fix. So we thought to ask the house.

PLEASE can I also add that I did my WES in 2018 and I wasnt asked about anything concerning WAEC. I hope there is no problem oh?

We welcome every input. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 10:09am On Apr 08, 2019
ENGRAGHA2:
In my ECA report, My OND (2 years diploma) was evaluated as equivalent to canada Post Secondary diploma without stating the duration. What should I choose?

Choose "Two-year program at a University, college, trade......"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by NanaF: 10:12am On Apr 08, 2019
realone2012:
Morning guyz. Please I have a question.
I have been reading about being able to use ACCA (F1 - F9, diploma) for two or more alongside your Degree.

I am currently a professional student of ACCA (got exempted for F1 - F9) because I already have ICAN.
So please, can I still use ACCA as two or more?
Thank you all!

No you won’t get the advanced diploma certificate as you got full exemptions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by johnnybravo1990: 10:14am On Apr 08, 2019
Cannydreams:
In fact !!! I can testify to it.
You are good. I realized my loopholes, although I have not written again but I know that I am better than I was.

Eeeh! Oga bravo, i hope i put in the conjunction and commas appropriately grin

Punctuation is not so good here. Remove the comma after ‘loopholes’. Use a fullstop, or a semicolon, and let the rest of the sentence stand like an independent clause. Also, ‘although’ and ‘but’ are doing the same function; you can’t use both. Use only one of them. Finally, put a comma after ‘again’, and then, you have a grammatically correct sentence.

*Edited* Also, you can’t say, ‘I am better than I was’. Instead, say, ‘I am better than how I was’.

You are doing well.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by COPR: 10:20am On Apr 08, 2019
Smile4mee01:
Guys... been in this journey for years. Awaiting my IELTS Result. Will be 34 In July and the pressure to get married is on. But getting married now could ruin my csr score and hamper my dream of being a PR holder.

Is there a way around this ?

Kindly advice.

Yes, there is a way around it. Apply and get your AOR, then get married and add your spouse to your application. This won't affect your CRS score but your spouse would be required to do medicals, PCC and POF updated for family of 2. There is also a possibility that your app would be sent to AVO for an interview. AVO is not a death sentence, though.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by realone2012: 10:22am On Apr 08, 2019
NanaF:

No you won’t get the advanced diploma certificate as you got full exemptions.

So does that mean I can't get two or more degree even after finishing the ACCA (professional level)? cry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kingspaco: 10:24am On Apr 08, 2019
Gec8:
Goodmorning guys.

Hope we are all fine?

QUICK ONE.

My CRS score currently stands at 463, I'm 30 and I turn 31 by June which means the score may reduce if i dont enter the pool to make the draw slated for April 17 now and wait till my next birthday. I have a fiance and I want to use my CRS for the both of us.

Whats the House's advice?

1. Do i enter the pool (at my current age which gives me the 463 score) and get the PR for single person, then begin processing for her because by the time she writes the IELts and do the WES, I may get to my next birthday which may reduce the CRS score both both of us.

OR

2. Do I wait it out while she writes her IELTS and gets the WES so we run it together as a couple, which means the CRS score will reduce due to an age increase?

Between options 1 and 2, what do you advice??

Thirdly, if I chose option 1, and after getting the PR for single applicant, how soon can me ad my fiance process hers and how long do you reckon it will take?

Truth is I dont want to go to Canada without my boo, that's why we are in this fix. So we thought to ask the house.

PLEASE can I also add that I did my WES in 2018 and I wasnt asked about anything concerning WAEC. I hope there is no problem oh?

We welcome every input. Thanks.
First, timeline for spouse sponsorship is anything upward of 12 months. I'm sure you wouldn't want to go through that long wait.

If you want to include your boo to your CRS, get married immediately after submitting your application and inform CIC of the change in your family composition.
@463 even if you get deducted 5 points after ypur birthday, you're still in a very good position to get ITA almost immediately.

The decision is yours to make.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by COPR: 10:25am On Apr 08, 2019
AdetonaDami:

Please can you process NECO too, because that's the certificate I have at hand.
Please dont ask me why not process waec!!

PM me for a contact in NECO office Minna that did mine.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (503)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.