Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (860566 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Onomejohanna: 2:05pm On Apr 08, 2019
AdetonaDami:

Please the link is not working...what can be wrong?
please, I wish to be added to either the BCS group or CIMA WhatsApp group.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DexterousOne(m): 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2019
Can someone pls help me with format for reference letter?
Like what the content of the letter should be
Or does any letter suffice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by captainhoo: 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2019
[quote author=omoluabiade post=77365681][/quote]

If you are married and your spouse won't go to Canada with you. You apply as married but accompanying spouse, not as a single. However, your POF will include that of the spouse
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by akintunde63: 2:21pm On Apr 08, 2019
duchessgoddess:
Hello everyone, please I need your help; in registering for ICES assessment, it is required that I upload a copy of my certificate. Thing is, I haven't received my certificate yet. Can I upload only my statement of result? Or must I go get my certificate? And then for my int'l passport page, it expired in January and I haven't renewed yet. Do I upload like that since the reason they need it is to verify my age?

Cc: Queencyco

As I've advised others before, scan that your statement of result and send via email to ICES, ask them to review it tell u if it will be accepted in lieu of your final certificate. This will put ur mind 100% at rest, u know $200 no be yam

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ainatutu: 2:25pm On Apr 08, 2019
Hello guys, please i need help as regards filling my application. Got ITA 20th March. My husband and i are confused as reagrds this question. The part on travel history. " Has applicant
and if applicable applicant's family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or residence in the last 10 years ( or since their 18th birthday)" Does this mean that i have to include travel trips of maybe my siblings or parents Or just myself and husband? Thanks for your help...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 2:27pm On Apr 08, 2019
DexterousOne:
Can someone pls help me with format for reference letter?
Like what the content of the letter should be
Or does any letter suffice

Check this link. Launch this page and scroll further down to see more sample letters.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 2:31pm On Apr 08, 2019
ainatutu:
Hello guys, please i need help as regards filling my application. Got ITA 20th March. My husband and i are confused as reagrds this question. The part on travel history. " Has Ash and if applicable Ash family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or residence in the last 10 years ( or since their 18th birthday)" Does this mean that i have to include travel trips of maybe my siblings or parents Or just myself and husband? Thanks for your help...
First of all, remove your full name from your post.
No, just trips of your immediate family, i.e. you, husband and children

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kingspaco: 2:33pm On Apr 08, 2019
Canadianjjc:

I appreciate your response, my score wasn't so impressive from the estimated calculations I did, when you say "remember to select your spouse as unaccompanying" can you kindly clarify the disadvantages of that, cos i wouldn't want to complicate things on the long run, remember my spouse would come around whenever he is on vacation say cumulatively 5months in a year.
Then regarding the additional certification, is it advisable starting here in Nigeria or applying to study over there, cos applying for another degree in Nigeria would further increase my age and decrease my cumulative score.
My apologies if my questions are tiring.
Thank you for your response.
There will be no complications in choosing your spouse as non accompanying dependent. The reason that is needed is to give you the approximate points you'll get to enter the pool. It doesn't stop him from visiting using visiting visa. For him to be given PR anytime he may wish latter in future, you'll have to sponsor him then.

The study route to Canada isn't as straightforward as the Express entry is which is one of the reasons few persons who tried study route and could not get Visa to have a look at their chances with Express entry.

Having said that, you could start a certificate program here in Nigeria to give you points for two or more certificates.
An option to study French and take the exam is also available for you as that will give you more points as well.

All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ainatutu: 2:39pm On Apr 08, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Thanks @Ifeoma77

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Josefuadjr: 2:43pm On Apr 08, 2019
Uchihakenpachi:
Hello Nairalanders, i am in a bit of a bind. I am trying to get a PCC from Mauritius as i lived there for 7 months
Furthermore, there is no high commission for Mauritius in Nigeria to help make things easier.
My issues are:
1. I cannot trust too many hands with my passport
2. I do not know how long my passport is going to be with them and they don’t know either
Please what else can i do?
Thanks.

Go to other forums like Canada visa and ask Mauritius locals who are resident in other countries how they did it. I'll check with some contacts and see what I come up with.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Youtook(f): 3:01pm On Apr 08, 2019
Ifeoma77:

@ifeoma77 kindly check your mail mbok.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:09pm On Apr 08, 2019
Gec8:
Goodmorning guys.

Hope we are all fine?

QUICK ONE.

My CRS score currently stands at 463, I'm 30 and I turn 31 by June which means the score may reduce if i dont enter the pool to make the draw slated for April 17 now and wait till my next birthday. I have a fiance and I want to use my CRS for the both of us.

Whats the House's advice?

1. Do i enter the pool (at my current age which gives me the 463 score) and get the PR for single person, then begin processing for her because by the time she writes the IELts and do the WES, I may get to my next birthday which may reduce the CRS score both both of us.

OR

2. Do I wait it out while she writes her IELTS and gets the WES so we run it together as a couple, which means the CRS score will reduce due to an age increase?

Between options 1 and 2, what do you advice??

Thirdly, if I chose option 1, and after getting the PR for single applicant, how soon can me ad my fiance process hers and how long do you reckon it will take?

Truth is I dont want to go to Canada without my boo, that's why we are in this fix. So we thought to ask the house.

PLEASE can I also add that I did my WES in 2018 and I wasnt asked about anything concerning WAEC. I hope there is no problem oh?

We welcome every input. Thanks.
Option 1: jump into the pool now, get ITA, submit your application, then get married and add her post AOR.
Option 1b: even if the wedding doesn't hold till you get COPR, you can still add her before landing.
Pros: she won't need to do Wes or IELTS.
Cons: you both might be invited for interview in Accra (emphasis on 'might'. You could get lucky)

Option 2: Get married asap and apply as a couple. With your high score, she won't need to do both ECA and IELTS. Pick one and move on.
Pros: You eliminate the interview 'threat'.
Cons: you would have to wait till after the wedding, to start.

Option 3: Apply, get COPR and land. Then get married and sponsor her to Canada.
Pros: none
Cons: too many to count

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:13pm On Apr 08, 2019
Youtook:

@ifeo.ma77 kindly check your mail mbok.
I replied Sis, since morning
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by omoluabiade: 3:20pm On Apr 08, 2019
So if spouse is selected as non accompanying ATM, we can later go ahead to apply for his PR say months or years down the line? Do you know anyone who has gone down this route?

Between if applying with spouse, must spouse write ielts and evaluate certificates If not the PA?

kingspaco:

There will be no complications in choosing your spouse as non accompanying dependent. The reason that is needed is to give you the approximate points you'll get to enter the pool. It doesn't stop him from visiting using visiting visa. For him to be given PR anytime he may wish latter in future, you'll have to sponsor him then.

The study route to Canada isn't as straightforward as the Express entry is which is one of the reasons few persons who tried study route and could not get Visa to have a look at their chances with Express entry.

Having said that, you could start a certificate program here in Nigeria to give you points for two or more certificates.
An option to study French and take the exam is also available for you as that will give you more points as well.

All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by topiredo: 3:26pm On Apr 08, 2019
Mstomie:
So my IELTS results just came out and I'm a little disappointed with the score in writing. I am going to apply for a remark ASAP.

LSRW- 9, 8, 9, 6.5
Please what center did you write yours?. I wrote mine in Akure and please how were you able to score 9 in writing?. You must be a brilliant lady.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raspberry88: 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2019
Mstomie:
So my IELTS results just came out and I'm a little disappointed with the score in writing. I am going to apply for a remark ASAP.

LSRW- 9, 8, 9, 6.5

That was exactly my score, I applied for remarking and by God's grace the writing changed to 7. 5.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ItsAnita: 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2019
Hello house,
I’ve been a silent reader for a while now. I’ve read page 1 and to an extent I have an idea but I’ll like to ask some questions as I’m finally ready to embark on this ‘fruitful’ journey with you all..
Writing my IELTS in June so I can start now to prepare but I want to start my ECA please Covenant University graduates in the house how did you go about it, should I use ICES or WES?.
Please would appreciate your swift response as I want to start as soon as possible. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mstomie: 3:37pm On Apr 08, 2019
Lagos, CBT exam. No I got a 6.5 in writing so I want to get it remarked.

topiredo:
Please what center did you write yours?. I wrote mine in Akure and please how were you able to score 9 in writing?. You must be a brilliant lady.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mstomie: 3:38pm On Apr 08, 2019
Working on applying for my remark

raspberry88:

That was exactly my score, I applied for remarking and by God's grace the writing changed to 7. 5.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by hayoakins(m): 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2019
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS for Spousal Category - Inland Spouse

1. When and where did you meet your spouse for the first time?
2. How did you meet your spouse?
3. How old is your spouse? What is your spouse's birth date?
4. What does your spouse do for a living?
5. Where did your spouse go to school'?
6. What degrees or formal training does your spouse have?
7. How did your spouse immigrate to Canada?
8. Where does your spouse work?
9. What is the name of the company? What position does your spouse hold? How long has your spouse worked there?
10. What does the job entail?
11. Does your spouse like his or her job?
12. What is the salary?
13. Where does your spouse live?
14. Whom does your spouse live with?
15. Where are you going to live when you go to Canada?
16. Please explain the type of relationship you have had since your first meeting.
17. What is your and spouse religion?
18. When you and your spouse were dating what would you do together?
19. Do you have any hobbies? Describe them.
20. Does your spouse have any hobbies? Describe them.
21. What type of music do you enjoy?
22. What type of music does your spouse enjoy?
23. What kind of movies do you enjoy?
24. What kind of movies does your spouse enjoy?
25. What kind of books do you read?
26. What kind of books does your spouse read?
27. Have you and your spouse ever exchanged gifts? Explain.
28. When and where did the marriage proposal take place?
29. Was your marriage arranged?
30. If it was arranged describe how it was arranged and by whom?
31. Did you have a ceremony celebrating your relationship?
32. Where was it held?
33. When was it held?
34. Describe the ceremony?
35. Did it conform to your own religious and cultural beliefs? Explain.
36. When did you get married?
37. Where did you get married?
38. Who was at the wedding?
39. What family members were there?
40. How many people were at the ceremony?
41. What day was the ceremony held on?
42. Who performed the ceremony?
43. Do you have pictures of the ceremony?
44. Who was at the ceremony from your side?
45. Who was at the ceremony from your spouse's side?
46. Were any friends present?
47. How many brothers and sisters does your spouse have?
48. Were your parents at the wedding? If not, why not?
49. Are your parents aware of the wedding? If not, why not?
50. Where your spouse's parents at the wedding? If not, why not?
51. Were your spouse's parents aware of the wedding? If not, why not?
52. Was a reception held? When and where was it held?
53. Who was present at the reception?
54. Did you receive any wedding gifts? Describe them.
55. Did you on a honeymoon? Where did you go and for how long?
56. Can you show me pictures and receipts from the honeymoon, wedding and
reception?
64. Do any other family members reside with you and your spouse? If yes, please indicate their names and relationship.
65. What relatives do you have in Canada?
66. What are their names and where do they live?
67. What relatives do you have outside of Canada?
68. Has your spouse met any of your relatives or friends? Who have they met and when did they meet them?
69. Have you met any of your spouse's relatives or friends? Whom have you met and when did you meet them?
70. In terms of education, would you say that you and your spouse's educational background are compatible?
72. Why did you marry your spouse?
74. Do your family members (parents, siblings) want to immigrate to Canada?
75. Did you marry your spouse so that you could sponsor your parents as landed immigrants of Canada?
76. How do you correspond with your spouse?
77. How often do you talk on the phone?
78. Do you have phone bills, e-mails, cards, etc., and can I see them?
79. Tell me why this marriage or relationship is genuine.
80. What makes your relationship with your spouse different from that of a female/male friend?
81. Does your spouse support you financially?
82. Do you support your spouse financially?
83. If I refuse this application what will you do?
84. When and where did you live together?
85. Development of your relationship after very first day?
86. Why didn’t you get married to someone in Nigeria??, why to someone in Canada?
87. Personal life of sponsor, school, colleges, courses, work and all important dates such as, date of moving to Canada, date of leaving Canada and entering Nigeria.
88. If she is pregnant or not, if not, why not ?
89. Detailed information about her parents
90. Engagement, marriage and reception, who attended and who didnt, if not why?
91 About rituals in religious ceremony and number of guests?
92. Future plans?
93. What kind of job, you are looking for?
94. What side of bed, you sleep on?
95 Where did ur spouse propose u , what time was it ? And how ?
96. When n where did u first time got intimate with your spouse ?
97. What contraceptives did u use ?
98. Her birthdate, her education details, her parents, sister info..etc etc..
99. When and where did you get married?
100.What trips to went to?

-------------------------------------------------------

These are some questions that they can ask Couples living together..

Development of Your Relationship

What did the two of you have in common?

Where did you go for dates?

When did your relationship turn romantic?

How long was it before you decided to get married?

The Wedding

How many people attended your wedding?

Did each of your parents attend?

Was there music or other entertainment?

What kind of cake (or other food) did you serve?

Who were the bridesmaids/groomsmen?

How late did the guests stay?

Did the bride change clothes for the reception?

Did you serve liquor? What kind?

Did anyone get drunk or otherwise embarrass themselves at the reception?

What time did you and the [bride or groom] leave the reception?

Did you go on a honeymoon? When did you leave? How did you get there? What airlines?

Regular Routines

Who gets up first? At what time?

How many alarm clocks do you set in the morning?

Who makes breakfast?

What do each of you eat for breakfast?

Does your spouse drink coffee in the morning?

What time do the working spouse or spouses arrive home?

Who cleans the house?

What day is your garbage picked up?

Who takes care of paying the bills?

Do you have a joint bank account? Where?

Do you have a cat, dog, or other pet? Who feeds it? Who walks it (or cleans its kitty
litter box, cage, etc.)?

Do you and/or your spouse attend regular religious services? Where?

Where do you keep the spare toilet paper?

The Cooking

How many times a week on average do you eat out?

What is your favorite restaurant for special occasions? For weekly outings?

Who does most of the cooking?

Who does the grocery shopping? Where?

Is there a particular food that you eat every week?

What is your spouse’s favorite/least favorite food?

What color are the kitchen curtains?

Do you have a barbecue grill? Do you use it?

Other Family Members

Have you met each other’s parents?

How often do you see each other’s parents?

When was the last time you saw them? Where? For how long?

On important holidays, do you buy individual gifts for your parents-in-law? Do they buy individual gifts for you?

How do each of you get along with your parents-in-law?

Which other members of your spouse’s family do you see frequently? When was the last time you saw them? What did you do together?

Home Technology

How many land-line telephones are in your house? Where are they?

Do you have an answering machine on your home telephone? Who checks the messages?

How many televisions are in the house? In which rooms? Do you watch shows together, or separately? Name one show that you always watch together.

Do you record any television shows?

Do you subscribe to a DVD rental service?

Does your spouse listen to the radio? What station?

How many cars do you have?

Do you have a garage? Who parks in it? Do you use a garage door opener?

Do you have a camera? Who uses it most often? Who takes pictures at important family occasions?

In the Bedroom

What size is your bed (Twin, Queen, or King)?

Do you have a regular mattress, futon, or waterbed?

How many windows are there in your bedroom?

What color are your spouse’s pajamas?

Who sleeps on each side of the bed?

What form of contraception (birth control) do you use?

When was your wife’s last menstrual period?

Where do you keep your toothbrushes? What kind of toothpaste, soap, and shampoo does each of you use?

Do either of you read or watch television before going to sleep? Do you have lamps next to your bed?

Have you ever had an argument that resulted in one of you sleeping in another room? Who, and which room?

The Rest of the House

Do you live in a home or apartment? Who pays the mortgage or rent? How much is it?

Is there a carpet in your front hallway? What color? Is your sofa a regular one or does it have a pull-out bed?

Have you ever had houseguests sleep there?

What type of curtains or window coverings is in your living room? What color?

How many staircases are in your house?

How many sinks, toilets, and showers are there in your house or apartment in total?

Do you leave any lights on when you go to sleep at night?

Celebrations

When is your spouse’s birthday?

What did you do for your spouse’s last birthday?

How did you celebrate your most recent wedding anniversary?

What religious holidays do you celebrate together?

What’s the most important holiday of the year in your household? Where do you typically celebrate it?

Have you and your spouse gone to see a movie or other form of entertainment lately? When, and what did you see?

What did the two of you do last New Year’s Eve? Canada day?

Source: Canadavisa Forum

40 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2019
ItsAnita:
Hello house,
I’ve been a silent reader for a while now. I’ve read page 1 and to an extent I have an idea but I’ll like to ask some questions as I’m finally ready to embark on this ‘fruitful’ journey with you all..
Writing my IELTS in June so I can start now to prepare but I want to start my ECA please Covenant University graduates in the house how did you go about it, should I use ICES or WES?.
Please would appreciate your swift response as I want to start as soon as possible. Thank you.

CU eagle grin. A comparison between ICES, WES and IQAS can be found here. With this, the decision is solely up to you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by samsonedos: 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2019
Hello everyone, please when paying for the application fee, is it CBN rate that is used by the bank (Naira to CAD)?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Adeyemmy24: 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2019
Ladies and gentlemen! It's PPR!!

Sorry, this is coming a bit late

Hmmm, where do I start,  My God is gracious!

Prepare for long gist ooo

Time line

ITA- OCT 3
AOR- OCT 12
MEP and BIL- Nov 9
Gave Biometrics- Nov 9 (No dulling)

Dec 28:
Got to know that file has been transferred to Etobicoke and criminality passed

Dec-March18: Complete silence, no movement at all after criminally passed.

March 19- Eligibility recommended passed

March 28- Ghost update, called and got to know Eligibility passed, security passed, awaiting final decision.

April 4- PPR
VO -Etobicoke

So, the journey started with my husband in 2015. I really wasnt interested in relocating . So I just left him to be doing all the runs. He got into the pool(thru an agent) with little info on EE as it just started sha, his IELTS was excellent but age and only bachelor's degree brought his crs to 380 or so
He was advised by another agent to go through school.. Long story..
He got admission May 2017 and applied for student visa, he was to resume september 2017.
At this time I started to follow the process keenly, but I really don't want him to leave me and the kids in Nigeria while he goes to study. So we decided that since we had a valid 2 years US visitors visa, we will plan our journey for a short US vacation, where he will then go from US to Canada to resume his course of study. When he get there, he will immediately apply for spouse work permit for me, then my self and the kids will join him in Canada before our 6months B1/B2 visa expires. Sounds like a perfect plan right? Yinmu, Hmmm.....

So we planned our trip in July 2017, packed our bags disposed of plenty items. We are relocating!!! I am laughing at my self right now..lols

Well, your guess is as good as mine. One month into our stay in the US the canada student visa was denied.
Our eyes now opened. Returning is not an option oo.
Another journey now began.

This time with prayer and fasting.
Seriously ooo... cos this one na real one chance, Advices were just flying up and down. Marraige arrangee advice, crossing canada/US border advice, asylum advice ...hmm I know some of us can identify with these things...lolsss

So we prayed as we wanted God to show us the way to go. After the prayer sessions we didn't hear anything specific. Few days later our pastor called us and was asking us questions. We explained everything to him and he asked why we are not going through express entry. We told him my hubby has tried it but scores were not high and even me (younger)after trying the CRS tool still got low scores 370ish. Pastor prayed with us and encouraged us not to worry, that God will settle us.

Some how, after that call we started thinking about express entry again. This time me as the principal applicant. Maybe there is actually a way to get this crs scores to be higher
So one day,  I was playing with the crs tool and then I discovered that the reason for my low scores was the assumed IELTS scores of 7777 that I have been inputting on the crs tool. I wanted to be modest cos it's my first time and I don't want to put high scores like that. So when I put in high scores It went up to 401. I was very excited. It was as if I got ITA. I never realised what a difference the IELTS could make. I haven't discovered Nairaland then.

So I called my hubby then and gave him the good news. We registered for  IELTS(and started preparing for maximum scores. I started ECA too.I also discovered Nairaland and got plenty info on how to ace listening especially. This was where I also discovered that my credential was actually 2 or more certificate and it increased my scores the more.
Long story short IELTS came out excellent and
 I got WES of 2 or more certificate with a total CRS of 428.

ECA (WES)was pretty fast, was ready in 2months, in spite of the fact that we arranged everything from the US.

Jan 3rd last year we dived into the with the hope of the miracle of CRS coming down to as low as 413 of 2017.

You guys would have been calculating that our 6 months in the US is almost coming to an end so what did we do?....

When all these advice left and right were coming we were not ready to go all those routes ( I can't judge anyone that go those routes cos na person way dey here fit understand the pressure). So rewinding back to october 2017, while preparing for IELTS and with plenty research on our own, I applied for admission for an associate degree, and got admitted. I also got my I-20. I filed first, for extension of our B1/B2 status and secondly change of b2 status to F1( Student status)
Of course while these filings are pending approval our stay will be legal. If USCIS like, make dem take 2 years to approve ordinary B2 extension of 6months, na dem sabi, status will be seen as legal all through the period your application is pending approval.

The truth is that if we intend to go from US to Canada through EXPRESS entry we got to remain in legal status in the US.
So it became like a 2 way thing for us It's either we go to  Canada through EE or remain  in the US through(expensive and uncertain) education route.

By March last year it was becoming obvious we can be in the pool all year, till my birthday takes away another 5 points again... and still not get ITA

We started looking at PNP.
 From March to September we were on  MPNP processing and finally got
Nomination - September 28.
I shared my nomination testimony on this platform I think in early october.
Hmmm, provincial nomination is like mini PPR

We got ITA October 3rd and submitted our application Oct 12th sharply (if not for US pcc sef it would have been faster)

God also came through for us as regards POF. Our savings from Nigeria  and a few sales of properties made it possible to submit bank letter stating adequate 6 months average and current balance.

PCC- Inspector Moshood.
Medicals was done within a week in the US

Meanwhile extension of our US B2 status and Change of status to F1 were still pending approval.

I was just praying that approval of F1 will not come before PPR, make e no be say I go con pay school fees finish and then PPR comes.

However the F1 approval came in Jan this year when registration for winter semester as just closed ( praise God) so I have a valid reason to defer admission to summer semester!

After 5 months of waiting for PPR, I really got worried cos I will have to register for classes unfailingly by May.
We kept praying...

Finally April 4th I got an email from ircc to check my account for udate..
I thought it was the second ghost update (that I have been waiting for) that will signify application approved.
I opened my account to see new message- I reluctantly opened it hoping its not an ADR. Only for me to see
Request letter! Come and see excitement! I was smiling from ear to ear all day!

Really grateful to God dot seeing is through this roller coaster journey.

If nothing else this journey has thought us patience. As in patience!!

God makes a way where there seems to be no way as long as we are determined.
If you close the door of your mind to a process.... everything remains closed. But if your mind is opened to options and you take out quality time to research and get informations, you will be amazed that you'll discover what you thought never existed. This was our experience with this our US trip. It was indeed a training period for us. We have bonded better as a family and also have been closest to God like never before during this period of stay in the US. We have indeed learnt a lot.
We have seen US in totality this past 2 years and God has been faithful. It's time to go and see, live and prosper in Canada.
This PPR journey has ended in praise.

Thanks to everyone for your support through this journey. Special shout out to Tolfa, future energy, joo2018, nobody, Ayemaybe, o2 and Yuddy2.
I pray God will grant us all our heart desire in Jesus name. Amen!
God bless you all

Let me go and continue monitoring passport return tracker closely wink

112 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ItsAnita: 4:04pm On Apr 08, 2019
Thank you very much for your response what I really need is how to go about asking the school to send the document to either.. like for WES I heard they don’t accept online documents just wondering who to contact.. Thanks

Topsmamen:

CU eagle grin. A comparison between ICES, WES and IQAS can be found here. With this, the decision is solely up to you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Teamo2(f): 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2019
Appreciate your response.

I’ve read on canadavisa forum where the applicant claimed work experience while studying as a full time bachelors degree student.

Still doing my research on the subject matter because it’s either I claim the IT work experience or I rewrite IELTS which will cost me another $380.

njbybrthnly:
First off, congratulations on your IELTS results.

For your industrial training experience, I don't think it will fly if it was gotten before graduation i.e before getting your bachelors degree.

Then, for your experience as a research assistant, the hours worked are less than 30 which means it won't fly as full time experience. Therefore, you can only claim 6 months for the 20hr/wk role(not sure what you can claim for the 10hr/wk role)

Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud...let others weigh in.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 4:16pm On Apr 08, 2019
ItsAnita:
Thank you very much for your response what I really need is how to go about asking the school to send the document to either.. like for WES I heard they don’t accept online documents just wondering who to contact.. Thanks

Send an email to academicaffairs@covenantuniversity.edu.ng and have services.alumni@covenantuniversity.edu.ng in copy. Alternatively, you can visit the CU site here for more info. Scroll down to the Transcripts Processing section.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DadR: 4:19pm On Apr 08, 2019
@Adeyemmy24, congratulations to you and yours....God is indeed faithful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ItsAnita: 4:24pm On Apr 08, 2019
Thank you very much I really appreciate.. smiley
Topsmamen:

Send an email to academicaffairs@covenantuniversity.edu.ng and have services.alumni@covenantuniversity.edu.ng in copy. Alternatively, you can visit the CU site here for more info. Scroll down to the Transcripts Processing section.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AzariahYaa: 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2019
Adeyemmy24:

Sorry, this is coming a bit late

Hmmm, where do I start,  My God is gracious!

Prepare for long gist ooo

Time line

ITA- OCT 3
AOR- OCT 12
MEP and BIL- Nov 9

Dec 28:
Got to know that file has been transferred to Etobicoke and criminality passed

Dec-March18: Complete silence, no movement at all after criminally passed.

March 19- Eligibility recommended passed

March 28- Ghost update, called and got to know Eligibility passed, security passed, awaiting final decision.

April 4- PPR
VO -Etobicoke
Congratulations!!!!!May Canada favour you!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AzariahYaa: 4:31pm On Apr 08, 2019
Finally, ICES came through!! grin grin

Registered 7th January,2019

Transcript was sent from my School to them on 14th January, 2019 and was received same day

Evaluation was completed 1st April,2019.

I received an email from them on 3rd April,2019(this was after I had bombarded them with emails asking for updates on the evaluation of my transcript).

Got an email from UPS that it would be delivered today, 8th April,2019 and Yes!!it did...Hallelujah!! Another hurdle crossed!

In all, it took approximately 11weeks for ICES to evaluate my transcript.

Meanwhile, my hubby registered same day he did mine, and his evaluation was completed and sent back to Naija within 3weeks! We believe it is because his transcript was from a UK University.

Now we are sitting gallantly in the pool with CRS 453... May the next draw favour us all!

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Edmontonlad(m): 4:31pm On Apr 08, 2019
@ifeoma77 please check your mail bikonu nne.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kingspaco: 4:31pm On Apr 08, 2019
Adeyemmy24:

Sorry, this is coming
ITA- OCT 3
AOR- OCT 12
MEP and BIL- Nov 9

Wow! What an experience. Congratulations to you.
May Canada favour you and your family.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.