Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (857467 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2019
joo2018:
Lol. I wish.

I was serving out a spambot ban after posting a link on the sister thread.

Oh! I see. It's coming soon bro. We are waiting for the explosive news.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by majamisile: 6:32pm On Apr 09, 2019
Stencil:
IRCC counts 30+ as full time. Anything above that is still seen as "30"/Full time. That is why those who claim part time hours use that formula to calculate what the 30 hour/Full time equivalent would be.

So if you worked 60 hours a week for 12 months. You have One year experience, same as someone who worked 30 hours a week for 12 months.

Thanks for the clarification boss, so only hours less than 30hours will need to use the formula stated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2019
Krakboi:
Thanks! So the ADR from AVO is indicative of goodnews loading abi?

Yup! Based on trends, it's safe to say that.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2019
Lmao! That was the first color that I immediately remembered. The cockroach thingy grin grin grin @yemblaze knows the rest

Stencil:
LOL Dont get her started with her "cockroach brown" grin

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by hipstar2: 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2019
@wasseynewest congrats!!!! Very happy for you and fam. @topsamen abeg I no fit spell ur username, lol. Patiently waiting for urs.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 6:38pm On Apr 09, 2019
Jbelieve:

Me too

Ah. We plenty ogrin. Oya join the selfie. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AzariahYaa: 6:38pm On Apr 09, 2019
Thanks for your response. Did your Reference Num change? Were you able to enter the pool or you had to wait until the new certificate was sent?
Itzchord:
I had the same issue with WES. I sent a mail, they apologized and sent an updated report to me after 3 weeks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Liz019: 6:38pm On Apr 09, 2019
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! FINALLY grin grin

wasseynewest:
Finally, It's PPR my people!!!!! �����
Family size: 4
ECA: May 2018
IELTS: Oct. 27th 2018
ITA: Dec.19th '18
AOR: Dec.27th '18
MEP/BIL: Feb.7th '19
ADR: Feb.26th '19
PPR: April9th '19

Full gist coming soon. Madam is in charge of that one grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 6:39pm On Apr 09, 2019
Any news from Accra is good news, our elders say grin

Krakboi:
Thanks! So the ADR from AVO is indicative of goodnews loading abi?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Liz019: 6:44pm On Apr 09, 2019
9.7 grin grin SOMERSAULTS x50

Thank you sis! Thank you!! grin

ladymarshall:
Congratulations!!!!! So happy for you!!!!

Honestly if not that writing is subjective and never perfect, I would have scored you 10. I really enjoyed your script and laughed many times.

Really nice introduction. Your script had a nice flow. Thank you for your elaborating.

@bolded resonated with me so much, I totally understand, hmm!

But why leave out the crucial detail na? Worry not about privacy, we still won't know you in real life tongue So that is minus 2 grin grin But for giving back and relating the full gist, I will score you 9.7.

You have made your mum proud and she is definitely smiling back at you. Now go and succeed in Cannyland.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Laurelgem: 6:54pm On Apr 09, 2019
@ladymarshall. Sis, I sent you a PM. I need your kind assistance. Respond pls.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by zannie(f): 7:07pm On Apr 09, 2019
wasseynewest:
Finally, It's PPR my people!!!!! �����

Full gist coming soon. Madam is in charge of that one grin

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by majamisile: 7:11pm On Apr 09, 2019
ladymarshall:
I don't think so. The yearly experience is measured in months not hours. So 30-40 hours for 12 months make a year experience or 2 part time jobs (15-20 hours each) for 12 months make up a year

Almighty ladymarshall, thank you so much for shedding more light to @stencil clarification. You and @topsmamen are number one on the list of selfless helpers currently on the group, followed closely by the regulars, they know themselves. Boss @wasseynewest, madam never conclude this our PPR gist. As leader wey you be others also had to put us in we will be back for details because your own gist never drop. Congrats to everyone and may this new sojourn favour y'all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 7:12pm On Apr 09, 2019
PopularGingo:

I’m asking on behalf of my boyfriend, he wants to apply for express entry. He’s self employed, business registered since 2013. My question is this:

1. What will be his NOC code- He draws sketches & design on computer then give instructions to tailors to sew them. He also brands clothes and caps with pictures and designs. He makes clothings on special order.
He thinks his NOC should be http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=4&val1=5243&ver=16
Or something graphics related. 5241

2. Most of his payment was either cash or paid into his personal account. Will showing his personal bank statement be good enough evidence since no business account?

3. How will he show hours of self employment equivalent to the 30hrs a week full time requirement?

4. He’s submitting neco because thats what he has, what’s the procedure for sending neco?

1 - Please take a look at NOCs 5243 well. "Designers in this unit group conceptualize and produce designs for [s]film, television, theatre and video productions,[/s] garments and textiles". 5223 is another to read through. Let him check his experience and match against these NOCs to see which best fits his job.

2/3 - See my Nairalander sis here who applied as self-employed (her work experience - Print Production Manager).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yuyukoko: 7:13pm On Apr 09, 2019
We are in this boat together. Good thing is this boat won't sink. The PPR will come! Stay positive.
Krakboi:
Hello good people of the thread.
Any September AOR here? Mine was September 9th to be precise.
I've had 3 Additional Document Requests, the last one was on the 21st of last month requesting for updated POF documentation and updated Payslips.
This request was from Accra Visa Office this time.
The 6 months processing time has finally elapsed today.
Who is this boat too? Man don de dey worried o

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Leeaka: 7:18pm On Apr 09, 2019
[quote author=Popscicle post=77398278]Thank God!
It's PPR...
Family size:4
AOR: 24th August 2018
Med passed: Sept 19
BIL: 26th Sept
Biometrics completed: 28th Sept
IP1& job mail :3rd October
S
I
L
E
N

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Leeaka: 7:23pm On Apr 09, 2019
[quote author=wasseynewest post=77384084]Finally, It's PPR my people!!!!! �����

Full gist coming soon. Madam is in charge of that one ;

A big cngratulations to you, may Canada favour you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 7:34pm On Apr 09, 2019
Babs9:
It’s PPR!!!
Silent Reader

AOR: Sept 6, 2018
VO: Ottawa
BIL/MEP: September 28
IP1: Oct 23
IP2: Nov 23
Then silence....mailed Ralph, raised CSEs and called after 6 months mark sad
Ghost update 1: March 15
Ghost update 2: March 22
PPR: April 01

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2019
Popscicle:
Thank God!
It's PPR...
S
I
L
E
N
C
E
IP2: 7th April( yes a Sunday)...I check my account at breakfast,lunch, dinner and bedtime
PPR: 9th April 2019( dated 8th April)
Will be back with detailed gist.
The long wait killed the anticipated euphoria.
Congratulations to you and your family
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Betap: 7:47pm On Apr 09, 2019
Babs9:
It’s PPR!!!
Silent Reader

AOR: Sept 6, 2018
VO: Ottawa
BIL/MEP: September 28
IP1: Oct 23
IP2: Nov 23
Then silence....mailed Ralph, raised CSEs and called after 6 months mark sad
Ghost update 1: March 15
Ghost update 2: March 22
PPR: April 01

Will be back with the full gist..it was typed on the laptop but batt is down lipsrsealed

Please question guys, is it a must to submit passport with the IMM 008? I submitted passport to VFS without IMM 008 since I’m single and family information didn’t change.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Betap: 7:47pm On Apr 09, 2019
Popscicle:
Thank God!
It's PPR...
S
I
L
E
N
C
E
IP2: 7th April( yes a Sunday)...I check my account at breakfast,lunch, dinner and bedtime

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Utonne: 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2019
Popscicle:
Thank God!
It's PPR...
S
I
L
E
N
C
E

Yay!!! Congrats Pops. Delightful news. Ottawa has been tripping. I definitely feel you on how the long wait has killed the anticipated euphoria. Still we move. Hope you’ve gone to vfs & we await your detailed gist. @CanadianNaija, we are next. �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2019
Keep practicing with the pencil till you get used to it. When is your exam?

ENGRAGHA2:
I am struggling using pencil to write. Some letter are not legible and the pencil breaks too often. What can i do? IELTS is close already!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Abk2019: 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2019
Please while filling my e_pin/scratch card form I saw a column where it asked for my pin, what should I write as I can't scratch d card.
Examination Year
PIN Code (required) Serial Number (required)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by majamisile: 8:00pm On Apr 09, 2019
Abk2019:
Please while filling my e_pin/scratch card form I saw a column where it asked for my pin, what should I write as I can't scratch d card.
Examination Year
PIN Code (required) Serial Number (required)

To the best of my knowledge, you can now scratch the card and input in that column except you are planning to send it along with your WAEC transcript then I may say the form is not necessary but let @avidreader and those who are vast at this weigh in on the matter. I call shotgun on either @topsmamen or @ladymarshall. One of them go soon sama you with better reply

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Xplorezee: 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2019
** clears throat**
Sorry for the delay..... I need to add sauce to the gist ni jare.....

Guys!!!!! It's PPRRRRR!!!!!

Alhamdulillahx3ce, robil al'amin

Am so excited�����. You might be wondering who is this but it's your boy(wasseynewest) pppprrrrrrr......yeeeaaahh

LOOONNNNNGGGGG POST ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

So i decided am going to be the one to announce our ppr, Yes i just feel like It, so to the main gist.

Idea to japaa January 2018, actually one of my hubby's former boss that has successfully relocated in 2017 told him about express entry in 2017, he told me about it and the otondo me that hasn't travelled out of naija before was like..... so oo. I really wasn't interested at first cause I know nothing about the whole express entry stuff. Fast forward to Jan 2018 after my birthday which was Jan 17, bobo said we are going to do our passport o, that he has asked his uncle about how to go about it and he already collected the number of a man that's actually going to help us out there.

PASSPORT PROCESSING....JAN 18. We went with our two boys and spent the day there, the man wasn't of much help actually after we paid he said his going out(that was how he japaa) and handed us over to another officer there,that one no even say make him even come look our face, as people that came after us self were being smuggled in by the people they know, we were waiting on queue ni o, and uncle number don switch off, not even knowing we were suppose to go somewhere else first, where they will ask me and hubby few question about our family and children. Thank God one of my boys run go that side and as we were trying to catch him na im we run into the lady that did some photocopies for us downstairs in fact that was where we paid to the man, and even she self was surprised say we still dey, in short she was the one that sha told us about the interview and where we go enter do am, the woman that was to interview us self was angry say she don dey call us since, we sha Do the interview and left there. To cut the short story long��, we were among the last batch they attended to and we left there, bobo(newest) was angry with the man anyways.

ECA: this wasn't that stressful plus WES have not started asking for WAEC then, apart from the fact that hubbys schools both ojere and ibadan over charged him as per say him be politician for school and their faculty president for poly ibadan, they charge am small. As for me being a product of a better by far university(unilorin)�� it didn't cost me much, I spent like 11500 or so plus courier and all and I gave the lady in charge 1k out of my free Will, I didn't even go there myself, I sent someone....so
My ECA. August 7
Hubby. August ending sha can't remember the date.

IELTS.....omg... the toughest but God came through for us Alhamdulillah, hubby already shared that testimony here so wouldn't be writting much on it before una say I too like story.
Hubby IELTS 6th attempt
L 8.5, W7, R 7, S 7 he's the PA.
ME L8 W6.5 R7 S7.5. We battled with IELTS from May 12 to Oct before the breakthrough.

PCC Newest got inspector moshood's no on this thread, he's quiet a funny man. It was a smooth and fast process.

MEDICALS: we were lucky enough to get an already booked date easily, hubby also met the guy on this platform. He announced on the thread that if there's anyone interested on the date because he couldn't wait again and that he is going for the IOM option, so we accepted the date and went for medical before ITA, It was smooth too we were the first to get there and got the no 1 tag for all colours. We finished around after 10.

POF;Not that easy but we thank God. My hubby' s uncle in the US helped with part of the payment and we did gift deed, also sold off some stuff plus bobo's salary that he's been saving up. Mehn.....this journey require a lot fund oooo.

REFFERENCE LETTER:
Hubby got his ref letter from previous company. Oh....in his present company he was unable to get the letter from the HR department on a letter head paper although one of his senior colleague(supervisor) was able to get his within 5days and told him how to go about, but we never hear anything. He later asked his supervisor to write for him on a plain A4 papper and added all the necessary addables- I don't know if the word is correct oo....you sha understand what i mean rai, � I know you do�.We submitted our application o in the hope that when the letter headed ref come we will raise a CSE to upload it and explain why it was late-- bad idea right(yes), that was newest idea but I discouraged him(beauty with brain), but I couldn't pass IELTS writting with that brain�‍♀���. The ref letter arrived two o weeks ago, must have been stuck on third mainland bridge hold up....

Our Timeline
IELTS PA Oct 27
IELTS me. June 30
ECA PA...... Aug 28
ECA me... Aug 7
ITA. Dec 19
AOR. Dec 27
MEP/BIL. Feb 6
BIL completed. Feb 7
ADR. Feb 25
App approved. MARCH 7th
PPR. APRIL 9th

We give thanks to God Almighty that has made all things beautiful in its time. It has indeed ended in praise for us and yours too shall definitely end in praise and worship.

TO others that are long overdue to receive their ppr in one Avo or anoda, I pray that God shall touch the heart of that V.O. that is singing "mi o lewa ku" on top your file and make him release your ppr soonest so that you can dance ABLE GOD.

104 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Selzsky(f): 8:07pm On Apr 09, 2019
It’s PPR family!!!!!

IELTS April 21, 2018 (L=8.5, R=9, S=8, W=7—-BC
ECA - Ist week of May
CRS Score—-440
Entry into Pool: May 7, 2018
ITA —-Oct 15, 2018(Draw Score 440)
AOR —-Oct 20, 2018
MEP——Nov 21/22 (not too sure again)
Ghost update 1—-(2 days later)
Biometrics (Dec 3)
GCMS Order—-(March 8, 2019)—yet to receive it till date
2nd Ghost update (April 2)
RPRF request (April 3)
RPRF paid (April 6)
3rd Ghost/PPR (April cool
No ADRs
Visa Office —-Ottawa
Single Applicant

Main gist——wait for it cos it’s definitely coming !!!

Meanwhile, congrats to all PPR clinchers at this time

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by claseek(f): 8:11pm On Apr 09, 2019
mrhumandelis:
Let's assume (as the PA)
- you are less than 30
- you managed to get the best possible IELTS scores (LSRW: 8.5 7.5 8.0 7.5)
- you both have no siblings in Canada, no PNP etc
- your husband also does IELTS and get's 8 7 7 7
the best score you could get with only your BSc is 445
without your husband doing IELTS: 423

Let's assume your husband is the PA
- with same IELTS scores as you (LSRW: 8.5 7.5 8.0 7.5)
- His scores can get as high as 482
- 462 if you do not even do IELTS
- 447 if he is 36 years and you did IELTS

Play with the Crs tool thing http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp and find out.

If your husband is below 35, you should consider trying to convince him to at least prepare for IELTS. He may not need much study as you think.

thank you so much for this. I'm below 28, my husband is 33. I now understand it clearly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by pharore(f): 8:12pm On Apr 09, 2019
Good evening Sir/Ma

Thanks so so much for the wonderful job u and others are doing in the EE section.

I sincerely appreciate.God bless really good.

I got to a particular page today and I saw the post of someone rejected because of wrong NOC.I hope the person finds help soon.

So I decided to reach out for help in order to make the right decision.

Although am in the pool currently but I still need to improve my score.

I am claiming two NOCs.I don't have problem with the first one NOC 6235 as it was stated that bank marketers can use that.My problem is the second NOC.

I currently work with a company that involves in the redistribution of Alcoholic drinks in Nigeria and I am currently the Territory Sales Manager for a particular State.

Kindly assist me in matching my duties with the appropriate NOC. 

Below are my job descriptions:

Duties/Responsibilities:

·         Oversees and takes charge of the Sales and Operational activities of the territory; by ensuring effective redistribution of all brands of alcoholic drinks, ensuring prompt payment by retail creditors and takes appropriate actions to meet targets.

·         Accomplish territory sales target by recruiting Local Sales Agents to drive sales growth and carry out regular sales performance reviews of the recruits.

·         Communicates company policies on job expectation and other processes for effective redistribution through regular training of the Local Sales Agents.

·         Maintaining and continuously increasing retailers base and having good rapport with all retailers.

.     Exercising discretion at all times and maintaining high customer service always.

·         Reviewing retailers accounts to ascertain their credit status before any supply.

·         Resolving retailers complains in terms of damaged goods.

·         Ensures State regulations as regards alcoholic sales, placement, and displays are adhere to strictly.

·         Identify fast selling alcoholic brands in the territory and liaise with the General Manager for supply and ways to foster sales growth in the territory.

.     All other duties as assigned by the managing director.

I initially chose NOC 0601- Corporate Sales Manager but had to edit to 0621- Retail and wholesale  trade Manager.

I dont know if NOC 0621 actually suits my JD.

Kindly assist please.

Thanks everyone.

Thanks at@jennypharb1 for teaching me how to send a new message on Nairaland.I never knew how to do so all this while.I usually click on others post to send a message.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by claseek(f): 8:12pm On Apr 09, 2019
ladymarshall:
Use the CRS tool to simulate your scores first with ielts alone, then with him. Then make your decision.

alright. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Zinggi(f): 8:19pm On Apr 09, 2019
[quote author=Xplorezee post=77405593]** clears throat**

Am so excited�����. You might be wondering who is this but it's your boy(wasseynewest) pppprrrrrrr......yeeeaaahh

Congratulations Iyawonewest and Bobonewest. May Canada favour you always.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by majamisile: 8:19pm On Apr 09, 2019
Now we understand why boss @wasseynewest wanted madam to be in charge of the script. She is such a character[left][/left]. Congratulations to the family, selflessness sure comes with a BIG reward. Prosperity awaits you guys.

Xplorezee:
** clears throat**

We give thanks to God Almighty that has made all things beautiful in its time. It has indeed ended in praise for us and yours too shall definitely end in praise and worship.

TO others that are long overdue to receive their ppr in one Avo or anoda, I pray that God shall touch the heart of that V.O. that is singing "mi o lewa ku" on top your file and make him release your ppr soonest so that you can dance ABLE GOD

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.