Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (860784 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AzariahYaa: 10:52pm On Apr 17, 2019
GozyNA:
Long PPR Gist Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Decision to travel: Second half of 2017 (but still was not 100% decided)

Ire akari o. We shall all meet in our new home, Canada.
Loadz of Congrats once again. @bolded....Amin oo!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Pharmola: 10:53pm On Apr 17, 2019
CTOBY:
Silent reader here.
Congratulations to all PPR and ITA clinchers.

Glory to Jehovah. I have eventually aced IELTS with the second attempt. LRWS-: 8/8.5/7/8.
I would like to know if there is anyone who has applied for PEBC ECA REPORT. I have completed the check list and made payments for document evaluation. I do not understand how to make the CAD$100 payment for an ECA report for PEBC. Thanks.

Congratulations on your IELTS. If you are sending your ECA request form along with your application then you need not pay.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chicyclass(f): 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2019
grin cool
Edmontonlad:
I feel like I have gotten PPR already and I never even write my test. Please allow me to celebrate about our little achievement.

So last two weeks Sunday, I and wify left for Lagos to start weac processing and her transcript. We met one elderly woman opposite the weac gate and we paid the fees she told us even though she was acting so unconcerned and hurry-up-and-pay-kinda-attitude. We spent about 28k or so because wify used GCE. We Sha left and concluded all the weac issues. We were told it will take 3 weeks for weac to process it. We proceeded to her school which was close. We met a nice and God sent woman in the transcript department of YABATECH and she helped us. She told us it will take 3 weeks to prepare the transcript before wify did different programs in ND and HND. I tipped her though. Na she dey call for updates about my wify's certificate and transcript. grin

Now you are wondering why I wrote this even though I have not written my ielts exam Abi?
I read a post here about the delay we might experience due to the upcoming WEAC exam and it could delay the process. I was tired and had to make sure we finish our part and live the rest to God. We did a calculation that by end of June we will get ITA. We prayed to God to touch waec and YABATECH to send the documents on time.

Guess what? We received our waec tracking number last night and got the YABATECH tracking number this morning as we used UPS. We paid N13,500.

So, we hope that if it gets to WES by this weekend, we start counting 35 working days from next week. Our June target is still on track.
Our test is next month and God's willing, we are going to WRITE IT ONCE. YES, ONCE!!! BELIEVE, WORK HARD AND GOD WILL DO THE REST.

Since I found out about Express Entry, This thread has become my second bae and ielts materials my third bae. Wify is the PA inbtw. I sleep and dream of life in Canada. We are newly married and we have decided to chill with baby making till we get to Canada. I am one of those that has made inquiries about accommodation. No day we don't discuss about life in Canada.

Point is, which ever level you are, celebrate it. It's not easy. I believe in the end, we will all be alright.

Start your process if you have not.
Get all the necessary documents ready.

@IFEOMA77 has been of great help. We appreciate you. Our ielts Prof Wasiu, we appreciate you too. To all IELTS AND ECA CLINCHERS, good news will be your portion, to ALL OUR PPR CLINCHERS, GOD HAS DONE IT. Now go and prosper in your new land. Don't listen to any negative vibes.
Thanks to everyone who has answered any of my silly questions. Daalunu!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 11:00pm On Apr 17, 2019
A big congratulations to you.

Thank God for the breakthrough.

It is not easy rewriting the IELTS and spending even more money.

Thank God it has finally ended in praise.

Go and prosper.

God bless!

petrichor:
Ire mi de, ire Ayo, ire mi kabo iremi wolede...Its PPR my people

TIMELINE

ITA: 19th December 2018 (cut-off 439)
AOR: 29 Dec 2018
MEP: 10 Feb 2019
Biometrics: 12 Feb 2019
IP1: 26/02/19
IP2: 16/04/19
PPR: 17/04/19 (dated 16/04/19)
ADR: none
VO: Ottawa
POF: Fixed deposit (from gift deed and deed of sale).

The decision to migrate was made in early 2017.

Evaluated my master degree with IQAS and hubby's ND/HND with WES.

We wrote IELTS 9 times (mine 8 and hubby 1)

I passed IELTS at the 5th attempt with LRSW - 9777

Unfortunately, this placed us at 439 and went for two more with 0.5 deficiencies in writing.

I then took the last test on 1st December 2018 and had LRSW - 8.5, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5.
This breakthrough in writing came when Dr Benson offered to teach and review my write-ups. Our CRS score then moved to 445

I never got tired of writing the exam as it was the only mountain before me that needs to be leveled for us to have ITA.

My utmost thanks goes to the God Almighty !!!

I also thank my friends Oby, @Zinggi and @Wasseynet for always being there to listen to my silly talks and unnecessary worry at odd hours of the day (you all will rest now).

Thank you so much Doc Benson for bringing the breakthrough in my writing.

To as many as are looking unto God for PPR, the Lord will grant it.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stephanie09: 11:12pm On Apr 17, 2019
GozyNA:
Long PPR Gist Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Decision to travel: Second half of 2017 (but still was not 100% decided)

Final decision to travel: May 2018

IELTS: April 21, 2018

WES: August 24, 2018

ITA: October 15, 2018

AOR: November 10, 2018

MEP/BIL: December 11, 2018

Biometrics: December 12, 2018

ADR: February 27, 2019 (submitted same day)

Ghost Update: April 16, 2019 (Additional documents moved from “We are reviewing…” to “Not Applicable”)

PPR: 2:07am of April 17, 2019 (dated April 16, 2019)

God bless us all. Ire akari o. We shall all meet in our new home, Canada.

Congratulations! May Canada favor you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stephanie09: 11:14pm On Apr 17, 2019
petrichor:
Ire mi de, ire Ayo, ire mi kabo iremi wolede...Its PPR my people

TIMELINE

ITA: 19th December 2018 (cut-off 439)
AOR: 29 Dec 2018
MEP: 10 Feb 2019
Biometrics: 12 Feb 2019
IP1: 26/02/19
IP2: 16/04/19
PPR: 17/04/19 (dated 16/04/19)
ADR: none
VO: Ottawa
POF: Fixed deposit (from gift deed and deed of sale).

To as many as are looking unto God for PPR, the Lord will grant it.

Congratulations to you and yours. May God bless you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yemblaze(f): 11:14pm On Apr 17, 2019
Awwnnnn...All the best.

BTW: na Sis grin

AdetonaDami:

April 26 bro, grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
AzariahYaa:
Thanks bro! Email well received! grin Super excited after waiting in the pool for the past 3 draws! At last! Thank God!

Sweet! I can totally imagine. Congrats.

Congrats to @ummhalimah, @BootyliciousHon and @Amica26.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Prettiepearlz(f): 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
joo2018:
Abridged Version

Full gist later in the day.

Congratulations to our Express entry papa. More wins in Jesus name and may your new home favour you. This is good news and it gladdens my heart. Congratulations once again!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chicyclass(f): 11:28pm On Apr 17, 2019
Congratulations dear
AzariahYaa:
ITA toh bad!!!!! Glory be to God!!!!! We move! And the latter will be greater and faster...Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chicyclass(f): 11:30pm On Apr 17, 2019
Congratulations to all our ITA choppers! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by FaskRolce: 11:31pm On Apr 17, 2019
Congrats @Joo2018. You been of tremendous help on this thread. We really appreciate your tutelage and wish you the very best in Cannyland. Hope to meet you someday, I am such a big fan of yours

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Funkety(f): 11:34pm On Apr 17, 2019
Guys I'm new here, did my Wes evaluation Nov last year, ielts April 6. Fingers crossed. Please does anyone know how I can get transcript from Oscotech / Esa oke, I need good leads to process transcript for my spouse.
WaleCanada:
Hello Friends,

Been a little bit active via my other account, but I'll be very active with this one going forward. Big congratulations to the PPR clinchers. I can imagine how you feel. I pray i feel that way too soonest grin grin.

I'm here for this Journey. No going back. No retreat. It will definitely end in praise. Lots of unaswered questions - POF one of the. But i serve a Miracle working God; and He will miraculously raise it for me. I will refer to this post SOON and say "God finally did it".

Today i sent my Transcript to WES via DHL. Felt good about it. I'm making progress.

WAEC stuffs were sent yesterday through DHL, via a lady i met on this platform. She made the whole waec request and stuffs on my behalf as i am based far away from Lagos. I was a bit scared (Trust - as i've never met her) but it turned out good. God bless you dear.

I had earlier wrote my IELTS but was unlucky. scored:

Speaking......7.5
Reading........7.0
Writing.........7.0
Listening.......7.0 cry cry

Was a big blow as i understand i needed "8" in Listening. That was my first attempt, but i'll go for it again. God go do am.

In any case, wanted to announce my official arrival to this family. Wish me well, welcome me and take me as one of yours. Our story shall eventually end in Praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Gec8: 11:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
Thank you so much boss grin

I'll also say thank you for all the assistance you've rendered to us here. God will always be of help to you at all times.

Topsmamen:
451 tho sad undecided

Congrats to @Gec8 and other ITA recipients in the house. For those still expecting theirs, let’s keep the faith.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by FaskRolce: 11:36pm On Apr 17, 2019
Congrats to All PPR receivers and all ITA clinchers. Wishing you all the best in the processes ahead.
Cheers!

Ps: why is pof proving difficult Every supposedly rich 'uncle' is forming... 'why do you need to relocate? stay here (Nigeria) and start your own business. As if they gave me capital! May help find me. I will share my success story las las

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Newmum0615: 11:55pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ehen, that man wey I slap for IRCC office the other day got my message. What a wow. Congratulations oga wa.
joo2018:
LONG VERSION

Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa landed gently at 2:13 AM, April 16, 2019 (it was dated April 15).

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Akum1: 11:55pm On Apr 17, 2019
Silent reader here ….Long post alert

Jehovah overdo, protocol breaker ... Thank you! Nara Ekele m

Timeline

IELTS 1 – December 2016
IELTS 2 – September 2018
ITA – September 28th 2018
AOR – Nov 29th
MEP/Biometrics - Jan 7th
ADR – March 9th (Accra Famous 5)
Ghost Update – April 11
PPR – April 17th
VO: Accra
Family of 4

My sister lives in Canada and had been asking me to either visit or move. The Canadian embassy was doing shakara for me, so I couldn’t be bothered. But in 2016, I was tired of Nigeria, and being a nomad � I decided to attempt moving to Canada. We explored the legal options we had for the US and Canada. The consensus was to pursue the two for our family.

We started the process for Canada first, but we weren’t too serious until last year when we literally intensified the application process.

IELTS
We took the initial IELTS in December of 2016. I didn’t study at all – had a new baby and was just exhausted. Even though I got a band of 8.0 or so my writing was low (6.5). My husband did much better than me but being the principal applicant, I had to retake mine.

2nd IELTS – MOD – Sept 2018
For the second, I concentrated on the speaking and writing to improve my points. I used only IELTS by Liz to practice and it worked for me.
Points went from 424 to 484

ECA
This started in 2017. I had to evaluate my foreign degrees twice, so it cost me twice as much with WES. But it was straight forward and my mistake – I only submitted my transcript for one of the one-year masters’ programmes. When that was corrected, I had the equivalent of masters' and bachelors' for my education.

But my husband’s degree from Uni Cal was turnoniown literally. Other ones came on time or slightly delayed. Though I can’t remember the timelines, UniCal .. phew! Maybe almost a year!

EE Profile

When we created our profile in March 2018, we realised our points were low. So, I decided to either retake the IELTS or try TEF since I had basic knowledge of French. But IELTS favoured me when I took it in September. With a score of 484 and according to a dear friend – we entered the pool naked.

ITA
Received on September 28 – we had been gathering documents, but the travel section was the hardest for both of us especially for me completing the application due to our extensive travel experience. Our POF was deposited in a foreign bank – this caused us the most delay getting an official letter from them. We put together my salary account, GTB, Foreign Bank accounts for both of us (as savings). Hubby wrote and notarised a letter stating I had access to the funds when needed.

For my PCCs, I needed to do 4 …. Extensive travel history peeps/nomads report here …. It was a brutal wait for one of the countries, but I was determined to have all before submitting my application. It happened phew! God’s grace.
Letters of reference – hubby and I submitted for the job experiences we listed – mine was about 4 and him the same. I didn’t know we could apply without submitting his but it was okay at the end.

For medicals, we used Qlife. I booked appointments prior and my husband went without international passports, so we lost that spot (I scheduled mine in Abuja). I almost lost my cool ☹ - I think he didn’t understand how hard it was to get spots for medicals. At this point, I scheduled an appointment at IOM in Abuja. I was going to fly everyone to Abuja for the medicals! I didn’t want any delay or touching heart stories. But grace located us, Qlife was nice to give us another appointment 2 weeks after and we went as a family. I think someone cancelled and they called hubby. It was maybe a week before we received ITA in October.

Post AOR
Nothing much has happened here out of the ordinary. I found out that my VO was Accra after receiving the ‘How to get a Job’ email in January – I was heartbroken but continued to speak positively into the situation. I told God that my Accra experience will be different and one worthy of a testimony.

As we all know waiting is brutal, I read everything readable … Canadavisa website, nairaland, checked my profile a million times, ordered GCMS on March 2nd and it came two weeks ago. Everything looked okay.

On March 9th, 2019 – which was a Saturday, we received Accra’s famous 5 ADRs and we submitted a few days after. They sent me an email acknowledging receipt two days after. The day the ADRs came, I had been praying that day specifically about my application but went out to exercise that evening and my friend (angel U) called me that Accra was sending ADRs. She received hers the day before and I rejoiced with her that they were at the end of the journey. God was just smiling with me – just how many months and Accra touched my file – it was pure favour and grace. Most times He does things in a way that you can’t take any glory. My protocol breaker!

I also had prior discussions with another friend Mr. E who reassured me that God will do something or at least give me a sign before my birthday. So exactly one week before my birthday, we saw that sign in form of an ADR.

We also remembered that our son’s passport was due for a renewal, so we started the process after receiving the ADR. We also went to Studio 24 in Lagos the weekend of my birthday and took our passport pictures in anticipation of the passport request. It’s best to align your faith with action …..

I joined the Accra WhatsApp group this month and they have been equally as amazing. This month particularly has been amazing at AVO – April Showers �. I saw movement last week when they started processing my background. I think that’s when the real anxiety set in …
Fast forward today, we received have our PPR – with 2 Canada visitor visa rejections(actually 1 was withdrawn), I UK rejection over 10 years ago, I US 221G from last year (all for me o and declared in my application) and a host of many imperfections I might not even have noticed �. My family and I are favoured.

I have learned that everyone’s experience and journey is different. Whenever I come across stories which were not what I wanted for mine, I just spoke into existence what I wanted to see. Most importantly I have come to realise that no one can contend with God’s will. It will always prevail at the end – and in this journey, he reminded me that He has the heart of kings in his hands. So, when fear about Accra came up, I reminded myself that God created the VO’s in Accra. There was no need to worry.

I promised that I will tell my story here even though I have been silent and on the AVO group too. You all have been wonderful and encouraging - thank you to this thread for the support (I’ve been here since last year getting tips and all),to my hubby who has been super-duper supportive emotionally and financially, to my sister who basically held my hand through this process(we are on our way) and my friends offline ( Mrs. U and oga E) who have been on this journey with me and prayed for me as well. May you all find favour as we did. Amen

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Newmum0615: 11:59pm On Apr 17, 2019
What a wawu. This your script is 11/10 biko. Kuku kill us. Congratulations nne. What a marvelous thing God has done.
Selzsky:

A very Loooong Post Alert!!!!! It’s not a “cherekambia” kind of read. It’s a settle down, AC/fan on, leg on da stool, wine in the glass by the side- kind of read.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Newmum0615: 12:04am On Apr 18, 2019
Congratulations to all PPR recipients. The ministry will get to the permanent site las las.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bimmie85: 12:27am On Apr 18, 2019
I finally got my Saskatchewan nomination updated on the CIC portal and got my ITA today as well. This is a quick update for anyone that may encounter a similar issue from SINP after getting their nomination. I highlighted what to do below:

- DO NOT manually update your nomination on the CIC portal, it has to be done by the SINP and the CIC will notify you to accept the nomination like you will accept the express entry ITA. A couple of people advised me to manually update my profile when I asked around, it would have been wrong and I don't know what that would have led to.
- After waiting for about 2 weeks after the nomination was sent to me, I emailed SINP back for clarification on what to do and notified them that my account has not been updated. In the email, I included name, SINP application number, and nomination certificate number. I then called several times and couldn't get through, so I left voice messages.
- About a week later, they replied my email and apologized for the delay and said they've now notified CIC. Few hours after the email, I received a CIC notification and logged in to my portal to accept the nomination. Then the 600 point was added to my existing CRS score.
- CRS Score before nomination was 398, it became 998 after the nomination was accepted. It's been a very longggggg wait and praying, hoping, planning and staying in the EE pool to increase my score. I hope this helps someone one day too and I hope it encourages someone not to give up.

May God perfect everything for each and every one of us on this journey.

bimmie85:
Hello everyone, please I need your help on what to do after nomination by SINP.
I got ITA for Express Entry Category November, I submitted in January. My status changed to in process in February and I was nominated in March.

Since then I have been checking my CIC account to see the 600 points or to accept nomination, but nothing yet. Does anyone know what to do at this point? Or how long I need to wait or who to contact. I will appreciate your kind response. Thank you

46 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Edmontonlad(m): 12:31am On Apr 18, 2019
Congratulations.
May Canada favour you.
We will join you soon, Insha Allah.

[quote author=Akum1 post=77635563]Silent reader here ….Long post alert

Timeline

IELTS 1 – December 2016
IELTS 2 – September 2018
AOR – Nov 29th
MEP/Biometrics - Jan 7th
Ghost Update – April 11
PPR – April 17th
Family of 4

My sister lives in Canada and had been asking me to either visit or move. The Canadian embassy was doing shakara for me, so I couldn’t be bothered. But in 2016, I was tired of Nigeria, and being a nomad � I decided to attempt moving to Canada. We explored the legal options we had for the US and Canada. The consensus was to pursue the two for our family.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stephanie09: 12:34am On Apr 18, 2019
Akum1:

Timeline

IELTS 1 – December 2016
IELTS 2 – September 2018
AOR – Nov 29th
MEP/Biometrics - Jan 7th
Ghost Update – April 11
PPR – April 17th
Family of 4

Congratulations to you and yours kiss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AzariahYaa: 1:21am On Apr 18, 2019
Thanks Sis!!
chicyclass:
Congratulations dear

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AzariahYaa: 1:33am On Apr 18, 2019
Akum1:

Timeline

IELTS 1 – December 2016
IELTS 2 – September 2018
AOR – Nov 29th
MEP/Biometrics - Jan 7th
Ghost Update – April 11
PPR – April 17th
Family of 4
Congratulations dear!!!! May the rest of the journey be smooth and may Canada favour you and your family!! Thanks a lot for sharing!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Avidreader748: 1:48am On Apr 18, 2019
Akum1:

Timeline

IELTS 1 – December 2016
IELTS 2 – September 2018
AOR – Nov 29th
MEP/Biometrics - Jan 7th
Ghost Update – April 11
PPR – April 17th
Family of 4

We started the process for Canada first, but we weren’t too serious until last year when we literally intensified the application process.

IELTS
We took the initial IELTS in December of 2016. I didn’t study at all – had a new baby and was just exhausted. Even though I got a band of 8.0 or so my writing was low (6.5). My husband did much better than me but being the principal applicant, I had to retake mine.

For the second, I concentrated on the speaking and writing to improve my points. I used only IELTS by Liz to practice and it worked for me.

ECA
This started in 2017. I had to evaluate my foreign degrees twice, so it cost me twice as much with WES. But it was straight forward and my mistake – I only submitted my transcript for one of the one-year masters’ programmes. When that was corrected, I had the equivalent of masters' and bachelors' for my education.

But my husband’s degree from Uni Cal was turnoniown literally. Other ones came on time or slightly delayed. Though I can’t remember the timelines, UniCal .. phew! Maybe almost a year!

EE Profile

When we created our profile in March 2018, we realised our points were low. So, I decided to either retake the IELTS or try TEF since I had basic knowledge of French. But IELTS favoured me when I took it in September. With a score of 484 and according to a dear friend – we entered the pool naked.

ITA
Received on September 28 – we had been gathering documents, but the travel section was the hardest for both of us especially for me completing the application due to our extensive travel experience. Our POF was deposited in a foreign bank – this caused us the most delay getting an official letter from them. We put together my salary account, GTB, Foreign Bank accounts for both of us (as savings). Hubby wrote and notarised a letter stating I had access to the funds when needed.

who reassured me that God will do something or at least give me a sign before my birthday. So exactly one week before my birthday, we saw that sign in form of an ADR.

We also remembered that our son’s passport was due for a renewal, so we started the process after receiving the ADR. We also went to Studio 24 in Lagos the weekend of my birthday and took our passport pictures in anticipation of the passport request. It’s best to align your faith with action …..

I joined the Accra WhatsApp group this month and they have been equally as amazing. This month particularly has been amazing at AVO – April Showers �. I saw movement last week when they started processing my background. I think that’s when the real anxiety set in …
Fast forward today, we received have our PPR – with 2 Canada visitor visa rejections(actually 1 was withdrawn), I UK rejection over 10 years ago, I US 221G from last year (all for me o and declared in my application) and a host of many imperfections I might not even have noticed �. My family and I are favoured.

I have learned that everyone’s experience and journey is different. Whenever I come across stories which were not what I wanted for mine, I just spoke into existence what I wanted to see. Most importantly I have come to realise that no one can contend with God’s will. It will always prevail at the end – and in this journey, he reminded me that He has the heart of kings in his hands. So, when fear about Accra came up, I reminded myself that God created the VO’s in Accra. There was no need to worry.

I promised that I will tell my story here even though I have been silent and on the AVO group too. You all have been wonderful and encouraging - thank you to this thread for the support (I’ve been here since last year getting tips and all),to my hubby who has been super-duper supportive emotionally and financially, to my sister who basically held my hand through this process(we are on our way) and my friends offline ( Mrs. U and oga E) who have been on this journey with me and prayed for me as well. May you all find favour as we did. Amen

Congratulations sis..may Canada favour you and yours..cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by TemiGee: 4:48am On Apr 18, 2019
As in ehn!

Arrant Nonsense, Gibberish Balderdash and Blatant Hogwash!!!

(Let me sef start speaking English like @ Ladymarshall)

angry grin grin grin

Canadaforsure:
That is how they do and make them chook eye on Nigerians applying for express entry

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by TemiGee: 5:14am On Apr 18, 2019
Gbam! Well said!

Double Twale to you!

ladymarshall:
Others have answered you but let me add my 2cents too. I too like this kin discussion grin
. Na so all our leaders dey do na, medical check fiam, all their family, overseas, even while "serving" their country grin Having travelled wide and seeing first hand the discrimination that comes with having a green card yama yama Ecowas passport, let me too go to Kuvukiland Cannyland and get my navy blue passy, then maybe I will return to beg naija for forgiveness on this grave "betrayal". Up blue!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kingspaco: 5:30am On Apr 18, 2019
Akum1:

Timeline

IELTS 1 – December 2016
IELTS 2 – September 2018
AOR – Nov 29th
MEP/Biometrics - Jan 7th
Ghost Update – April 11
PPR – April 17th
Family of 4

My sister lives in Canada and had been asking me to Amen
Congratulations to you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DadR: 6:06am On Apr 18, 2019
Congratulations!

Alberta ya! Oya gbera! grin

BootyliciousHon:
ITA bagged!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DadR: 6:34am On Apr 18, 2019
Congratulations to Gozyna and Akum1 on your PPR, and to others who have just got ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by cmaamaa: 6:44am On Apr 18, 2019
Congratulations to everyone who just received ITA.

Also, congratulations to the PPR clinchers.

May the blessings go round, Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Canadaforsure(f): 6:56am On Apr 18, 2019
Congrats @akum1

Akum1:

Timeline

IELTS 1 – December 2016
IELTS 2 – September 2018
AOR – Nov 29th
MEP/Biometrics - Jan 7th
Ghost Update – April 11
PPR – April 17th
Family of 4

IELTS

ECA

EE Profile

ITA

For my PCCs, I needed to do 4 …. Extensive travel history peeps/nomads report here …. It was a brutal wait for one of the countries, but I was determined to have all before submitting my application. It happened phew! God’s grace.
Letters of reference – hubby and I submitted for the job experiences we listed – mine was about 4 and him the same. I didn’t know we could apply without submitting his but it was okay at the end.

For medicals, we used Qlife. I booked appointments prior and my husband went without international passports, so we lost that spot (I scheduled mine in Abuja). I almost lost my cool ☹ - I think he didn’t understand how hard it was to get spots for medicals. At this point, I scheduled an appointment at IOM in Abuja. I was going to fly everyone to Abuja for the medicals! I didn’t want any delay or touching heart stories. But grace located us, Qlife was nice to give us another appointment 2 weeks after and we went as a family. I think someone cancelled and they called hubby. It was maybe a week before we received ITA in October.

Post AOR
Nothing much has happened here out of the ordinary. I found out that my VO was Accra after receiving the ‘How to get a Job’ email in January – I was heartbroken but continued to speak positively into the situation. I told God that my Accra experience will be different and one worthy of a testimony.

As we all know waiting is brutal, I read everything readable … Canadavisa website, nairaland, checked my profile a million times, ordered GCMS on March 2nd and it came two weeks ago. Everything looked okay.

On March 9th, 2019 – which was a Saturday, we received Accra’s famous 5 ADRs and we submitted a few days after. They sent me an email acknowledging receipt two days after. The day the ADRs came, I had been praying that day specifically about my application but went out to exercise that evening and my friend (angel U) called me that Accra was sending ADRs. She received hers the day before and I rejoiced with her that they were at the end of the journey. God was just smiling with me – just how many months and Accra touched my file – it was pure favour and grace. Most times He does things in a way that you can’t take any glory. My protocol breaker!

I also had prior discussions with another friend Mr. E who reassured me that God will do something or at least give me a sign before my birthday. So exactly one week before my birthday, we saw that sign in form of an ADR.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.