Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,116 members, 7,821,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (862955 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Millalorinzzz: 7:08am On Apr 18, 2019
Hi everyone, Congratulations to all who have aced one stage or the other.
Seniors in the house pls help
Law school is seriously delaying boo's transcript to send to WES, since we are claiming two or more certificate.
Can we delete the Law school option on the the page and input his ond certificate instead. he has an ond in mass communication from Ibadan polytechnic
Hope it won't have any detrimental effect on our application since they are two different courses and is it possible to still modify certificates on since other bodies like Neco already sent result to wes just waiting for law school

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 7:40am On Apr 18, 2019
Akum1:
Silent reader here ….Long post alert

Congrats to you and your family.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by WaleCanada: 7:41am On Apr 18, 2019
ladymarshall:
I warmly welcome you here. Don't give up. You will testify soon. I wish you all the best in your next and final attempt and in the rest of the process. Stay positive, be active on the thread, learn and share what you know. It must surely end in praise for all of us.

Amen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by pejuhazel(f): 7:46am On Apr 18, 2019
Akum1:

Jehovah overdo, protocol breaker ... Thank you! Nara Ekele m

Timeline

IELTS 1 – December 2016
IELTS 2 – September 2018
ITA – September 28th 2018
AOR – Nov 29th
MEP/Biometrics - Jan 7th
ADR – March 9th (Accra Famous 5)
Ghost Update – April 11
PPR – April 17th
VO: Accra
Family of 4
May you all find favour as we did. Amen
Big congratulations to you an your family and may Canada favour you. Your story gives me hope as a fellow member of the AVO gang.
Congrats to everyone else who has just gotten PPR, ITA, aced IELTS, completed EVE or just taken a step toward the goal.
May favour find us all.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Asking: 8:02am On Apr 18, 2019
Please can u introduce doc Benson to me? I really been his help.thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Asking: 8:19am On Apr 18, 2019
*Need sorry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by captainhoo: 9:09am On Apr 18, 2019
copied from canadavisa.com

Demo/Redundant Accounts.
I am 8 months into the PR process (ielts, wes and what not) and had made around 4 demo profiles on ircc to go through the process (ofcource with fake details as shown in many youtube videos) and 2 out of 4 profiles had also recieved ITA's aswell as I had entered maximum score fetching values.
I'm sure many of us have done the same. Most famous "Profile creation for express entry step by step" video has over 1.5 lakh views and if mere 10% of the viewers have tried their hands, it equals15000 redundant profiles.
Surely this may be one of the reason for the crazy 450+ entries into the pool this year. I have already deleted/withdrawn those profiles and hope everyone to do the same. And please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

@joo2018 @ifeoma77 @Topsmamen and the house, when a profile gets ITA, doesn't reject or accept it and gets withdrawn. Does the profile get removed from the pool or does it remains in the pool.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ananne: 9:10am On Apr 18, 2019
Please my wife has 5 years experience in sales. She also has an MBA from unilag from the recent convocation. We are trying to go through provincial nomination to boost our chances because of our age. We are both 35. please which province has an NOC that covers sales and marketing?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by captainhoo: 9:14am On Apr 18, 2019
Make I find trouble small grin

If only this guy posts this on nairaland. Hehehehe he go hear am. Reminds me of the time Johnnybravo declined ITA. Menh! Some people came for his head.lolz grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:14am On Apr 18, 2019
bimmie85:
I finally got my Saskatchewan nomination updated on the CIC portal and got my ITA today as well. This is a quick update for anyone that may encounter a similar issue from SINP after getting their nomination. I highlighted what to do below:

- DO NOT manually update your nomination on the CIC portal, it has to be done by the SINP and the CIC will notify you to accept the nomination like you will accept the express entry ITA. A couple of people advised me to manually update my profile when I asked around, it would have been wrong and I don't know what that would have led to.
- After waiting for about 2 weeks after the nomination was sent to me, I emailed SINP back for clarification on what to do and notified them that my account has not been updated. In the email, I included name, SINP application number, and nomination certificate number. I then called several times and couldn't get through, so I left voice messages.
- About a week later, they replied my email and apologized for the delay and said they've now notified CIC. Few hours after the email, I received a CIC notification and logged in to my portal to accept the nomination. Then the 600 point was added to my existing CRS score.

I hope this helps someone one day too.

Congratulations!!! May the rest of the journey be easy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by captainhoo: 9:15am On Apr 18, 2019
ananne:
Please my wife has 5 years experience in sales. She also has an MBA from unilag from the recent convocation. We are trying to go through provincial nomination to boost our chances because of our age. We are both 35. please which province has an NOC that covers sales and marketing?

Best bet is to ask this on the PNP thread ( link is on page 1) or Google search the various nomination scheme for canada EE. Goodluck

Modified***
You can consider writing TEF and IELTS. With minimum in both exams. Your crs should be above 450

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:19am On Apr 18, 2019
Akum1:
Silent reader here ….Long post alert

Jehovah overdo, protocol breaker ... Thank you! Nara Ekele m

Timeline

IELTS 1 – December 2016
IELTS 2 – September 2018
ITA – September 28th 2018
AOR – Nov 29th
MEP/Biometrics - Jan 7th
ADR – March 9th (Accra Famous 5)
Ghost Update – April 11
PPR – April 17th
VO: Accra
Family of 4

May you all find favour as we did. Amen
Wow!!!! Awesome testimony!! Congratulations Sis, God is good
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:19am On Apr 18, 2019
Amica26:
ITA has landed
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by v3: 9:26am On Apr 18, 2019
Good day, all.

Looks like PNP will be the way to go, given that my score is below 450. Where (what province) would you advise a Tech person to apply to?

Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:27am On Apr 18, 2019
Millalorinzzz:
Law school is seriously delaying boo's transcript to send to WES, since we are claiming two or more certificate.
Can we delete the Law school option on the the page and input his ond certificate instead. he has an ond in mass communication from Ibadan polytechnic
Hope it won't have any detrimental effect on our application since they are two different courses and is it possible to still modify certificates on since other bodies like Neco already sent result to wes just waiting for law school
You should have used IQAS sha but that ship has sailed.
Short answer to your question is YES!! Add the ND and remove the law school jare. Or since he's the accompanying spouse, you can just evaluate only the LLB, the difference between BSc and 2 or more certificates - for accompanying spouse - is just one point

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 9:27am On Apr 18, 2019
It is your work experience na.

Use both. You are allowed to change your career.

chikadami:
Good evening All. Please I need a proper solution to my NOC issue. I have two different NOC codes for Audit and HR respectively. Do i include both, since they are different job lines or I use only one ? I honestly don't want anything that will raise suspicions or delay my progress wink wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 9:28am On Apr 18, 2019
Hahaha. Yes o. Thanks for the effort.

Hope to see you soon.

Newmum0615:
Ehen, that man wey I slap for IRCC office the other day got my message. What a wow. Congratulations oga wa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 9:30am On Apr 18, 2019
@ummhalimah, @BootyliciousHon and @Amica26, @AzariahYaa and all others who got ITA, congrats again.

@akum1, congratulations on the PPR. May you be favoured in your new home.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Felzy309: 9:30am On Apr 18, 2019
captainhoo:
Make I find trouble small grin

If only this guy posts this on nairaland. Hehehehe he go hear am. Reminds me of the time Johnnybravo declined ITA. Menh! Some people came for his head.lolz grin grin grin

grin U got me smiling, but really oo y would I decline what iv always wanted? Somthing iv been praying for.

Its a good thing he didn't post it on NairaLand cos people will follow him back and forth.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 9:32am On Apr 18, 2019
"If the candidate does not respond to the ITA (i.e., the candidate does not submit a complete APR within 60 calendar days of receiving the ITA and does not formally decline the ITA within this delay), the ITA will expire and the candidate will no longer be in the Express Entry pool. To re-enter the pool, the candidate must submit a new profile in their online account and be assessed for the MEC at that time."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/invitation-apply.html

captainhoo:

Demo/Redundant Accounts.
I am 8 months into the PR process (ielts, wes and what not) and had made around 4 demo profiles on ircc to go through the process (ofcource with fake details as shown in many youtube videos) and 2 out of 4 profiles had also recieved ITA's aswell as I had entered maximum score fetching values.
I'm sure many of us have done the same. Most famous "Profile creation for express entry step by step" video has over 1.5 lakh views and if mere 10% of the viewers have tried their hands, it equals15000 redundant profiles.
Surely this may be one of the reason for the crazy 450+ entries into the pool this year. I have already deleted/withdrawn those profiles and hope everyone to do the same. And please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

@joo.2018 @ifeoma.77 @Tops.mamen and the house, when a profile gets ITA, doesn't reject or accept it and gets withdrawn. Does the profile get removed from the pool or does it remains in the pool.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:35am On Apr 18, 2019
captainhoo:

Demo/Redundant Accounts.

@joo.2018 @ife.oma77 @Topsm.amen and the house, when a profile gets ITA, doesn't reject or accept it and gets withdrawn. Does the profile get removed from the pool or does it remains in the pool.
If the invitation is not rejected and the 60 days elapses, the profile is deleted from the pool.
But whoever goes to create fake profiles deserves serious flogging, WTH??! angry

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ananne: 9:37am On Apr 18, 2019
captainhoo:

Best bet is to ask this on the PNP thread ( link is on page 1) or Google search the various nomination scheme for canada EE. Goodluck

Modified***
You can consider writing TEF and IELTS. With minimum in both exams. Your crs should be above 450

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:37am On Apr 18, 2019
v3:
Good day, all.

Looks like PNP will be the way to go, given that my score is below 450. Where (what province) would you advise a Tech person to apply to?

Thank you very much.
I believe scores will still drop to the 440s. If you're in the high 440s, don't bother with PNP.
If you insist on PNP, then Ontario is the tech haven
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by captainhoo: 9:39am On Apr 18, 2019
joo2018:
"If the candidate does not respond to the ITA (i.e., the candidate does not submit a complete APR within 60 calendar days of receiving the ITA and does not formally decline the ITA within this delay), the ITA will expire and the candidate will no longer be in the Express Entry pool. To re-enter the pool, the candidate must submit a new profile in their online account and be assessed for the MEC at that time."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/invitation-apply.html

Great!! Delay is not denial then for the genuine profiles
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 18, 2019
captainhoo:

Great!! Delay is not denial then for the genuine profiles

True, but this same person can create another fake profile, and receive ITA. Moreso, he might even be rejecting it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by captainhoo: 9:47am On Apr 18, 2019
pyruvateluv:

True, but this same person can create another fake profile, and receive ITA. Moreso, he might even be rejecting it

Valid point. It will take another 4 ROI ( some people will lose points in these months for birthday) before a fake profile gets withdrawn too if the ITA isn't declined. Hopefully, their conscience makes them stop or they get tired of creating these profiles.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by hayoakins(m): 9:51am On Apr 18, 2019
Millalorinzzz:

I did same, I had in the past gotten my transcript from Laspotech for Mckinsey's application with ease but years after when I needed it for WES, Laspotech came up with a long story about changing the system hence old graduates had miscomputed CGPA on the transcripts, I waited for over 3months with the story changing per second afterwhich I emailed WES to remove HND and I added my ND from Ibadan.

If you have never gotten your Certificate from Ibadan Poly, be prepared to pay almost 25k for the certificate alone as transcript will not be prepared if you haven't paid for certificate or able to present a copy of the certificate if you have it.

I claimed 2 or more combining ACCA and ND.

Please go ahead, it is possible
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by damzy88: 9:51am On Apr 18, 2019
v3:
Good day, all.

Thank you very much.
Try Saskatchewan. PNP is very active which is another reason why CRS is so high. Peeps should do more research and take advantage. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by v3: 9:53am On Apr 18, 2019
Ifeoma77:

I believe scores will still drop to the 440s. If you're in the high 440s, don't bother with PNP.
If you insist on PNP, then Ontario is the tech haven

Hello Ify,

Thank you for your feedback.

Because of my educational level (ND), the score has not for once risen above 420, even with Band 8 IELTS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 10:03am On Apr 18, 2019
captainhoo:

Demo/Redundant Accounts.

@joo2018 @ifeoma77 @Topsmamen and the house, when a profile gets ITA, doesn't reject or accept it and gets withdrawn. Does the profile get removed from the pool or does it remains in the pool.

Yup! ITAs that are not accepted/rejected are automatically deleted after the 60-day deadline. "I have already withdrawn those profiles"....... this means the guy created more than one fake profile. You can imagine the number of people who have done or are doing the same. Madness!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by smsalert1: 10:06am On Apr 18, 2019
GozyNA:
Long PPR Gist Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Decision to travel: Second half of 2017 (but still was not 100% decided)

Final decision to travel: May 2018

IELTS: April 21, 2018

WES: August 24, 2018

ITA: October 15, 2018

AOR: November 10, 2018

MEP/BIL: December 11, 2018

Biometrics: December 12, 2018

ADR: February 27, 2019 (submitted same day)

Ghost Update: April 16, 2019 (Additional documents moved from “We are reviewing…” to “Not Applicable”)

PPR: 2:07am of April 17, 2019 (dated April 16, 2019)

Main Gist
I have always been the “whether Nigeria likes it or not I must prosper here” kind of person. I had never seen myself living outside the country. My own plan was just to make money and go for vacations. That was how I sat here with a postgraduate degree, working like an elephant and eating like an ant. Chai, I suffered in Lagos, what!!!
Sometime in 2014, a friend who lives in Canada started talking to me about moving over. She painted a great picture so I checked out the occupation list and mine was not there so with that excuse I was able to make her stop disturbing my life.
In May 2017, a dear friend and sister called to tell me she was making the move to Canada with her young family. She told me things I already knew, about how tough things are and how the future looks bleak here. She asked me to join her on the journey so we can leave together as she was getting set for IELTS then but I was not so convinced. Not long after, a close friend started talking about moving too, in fact at that time he had started his PEBC evaluation. That was when I started thinking about it passively and then all of a sudden it seemed like everyone I knew was either in the process or knew people in the process of leaving to Canada. Towards the end of 2017 I decided to give it a shot but because of the NASUU strike I could not get my transcripts so I waited. Early 2018, I decided to do IELTS first since I had been seeing people take it over and over. I made a silent bargain with God that I would sit for it just once and if I flunked it then my destiny was not to go to Canada. I also decided I would not start ECA until I saw the IELTS result to know whether my destiny was in Canada or not.

IELTS: Registered a month ahead because the cost for next available dates after April 21 would be 75k and I was on a very tight budget so I jumped on the 68k date. I practiced with the Barron practice book and some videos I got off youtube. I kept getting 35 and above in the listening practices I took. I practiced for reading using the Barron practice book also. For speaking, I did not practice as I was told it would just be a conversation I just needed to speak with confidence. For writing, I only practiced the night before I wrote the exam. I am quite imaginative so I knew I could always come up with stuff to write down. Results came out 5th May, LRSW: 9, 9, 7, 7.5.

ECA: Having sorted out IELTS, I quickly paid for my ECA with WES. This was before the WAEC brouhaha. My cousin in NAU helped me process my transcript. That process should not have taken more than a day because I had processed it years before. Guess what? NAU said they did not have records of my former transcript so they needed to type afresh and there was just one lady in exams and records who types transcripts. Long story short, transcript came out, was sent to me in Lagos and I sent via courier to WES along with a copies of my degree certificate. In fact I also helped a friend send his spouse’s certificate along with my documents. I just made sure hers was in a separate envelope with her ECA number boldly written on it then put that and my own well labeled documents into a bigger envelope before sending. Doing that saved us 18k. Was processing transcript form CMUL at the same time and they got to WES some days apart. WES notified me after some time that verification requests had been sent to my schools. NAU surprised me as they verified as soon as they got it without asking for any payment. CMUL however kept saying they had not received the request. I was later to discover that correspondence from WES to CMUL goes to Unilag, Akoka first and sits there till they have a sizable number of mails to move to CMUL before they dispatch. My verification request must have sat there for over two weeks before I finally got a call from CMUL that it had come and I had to pay 3k for the verification. I paid and we got that sorted. WES told me exactly when to expect my final report and on that very day in August 2018, I got the soft copy while the hardcopy came a while later.

ITA: Created my profile after my ECA was ready in August but I was not quite ready to get into the pool because POF was not yet complete. On Sunday 14th October 2018, I do not know exactly what it was but something pushed me to sit with my computer and complete my profile. Next day I was minding my business at work when a friend who had also been in the pool called to say congratulations. I asked him what the occasion was and he said it's ITA. I quickly went online and discovered for myself that a surprise draw held that Monday and I was going to get ITA as my score was well above the cut off. Long story short, I left the job by the end of that month so I took submitting my application more seriously as I was unwilling to look for another job and I also believed my processing would be fast so I can just get out of here fast.

Medicals: A friend told me he walked into the Children’s Practice about two months before I was ready and was able to get his medicals done without an appointment. Na so I carry myself go there. At the gate they told me they no longer attend to applicants for Canada. I immediately called Q-life and they told me that the earliest I could get was sometime in January (this was first week in November). I called IOM, when they finally picked up I was able to go through the process of getting an appointment for 9:30am the next day. I walked into IOM the next day at about 9:15am thinking since I had an appointment for 9:30am all would be smooth. Long story short, I left IOM at about 6:30pm in the evening.

POF: I have money market fund accounts with Cordros Asset Management and FBN Quest. I submitted letters from them along with account statements. The Cordros account was about four months old and there was a bulk deposit (about 70% of the POF) in it about one month prior to printing (I did not explain this). In addition, I got a letter from Stanbic IBTC along with account statement. The purpose of this was to show salary deposits of my most recent job and to also add a little buffer as I had a cash balance in the account of about 300k.

PCC: A friend gave me a contact at Alagbon. I walked in there at some minutes to 4 and by 4:30pm I walked out with my PCC after parting with 5k.

Proof of Employment: I was able to get a reference letter in IRCC format from my former place of work where I put in 3years. It was prepared on the company’s letterhead paper and signed by the general manager and I also attached his call card. This company does not have an online presence so no website or official email addresses. The unique thing about my case was that I was not on a salary rather I was paid commissions for businesses I initiated and completed (aside a weekly stipend for transport). As there were no paystubs, to prove I was getting paid by the company, I got my account statement and highlighted transfers made to my account covering the last 8 months that I was with them. I also added the offer letter from my most recent employer along with paystubs, account statement highlighting pay and contact details for the head of the Nigerian office.

Biometrics: I had always seen on this forum that Biometrics does not take over an hour. On the day I went for mine, village people struck. Network was down at VFS and it took me 5hours to get mine done

The Wait: Let me just say that in my entire life, I have not wanted anything more than I wanted to get this Canadian PR. The suffer I suffered in this Lagos was just too much so every time I felt like getting discouraged, I remembered the goal of all this and stayed in line. After AOR, I checked my profile daily (I was on IP2 from AOR). Somehow I kept hoping my application would be one of those superfast ones. Well with time I was checking once a week and then once in two weeks. Early January I raised a CSE to find out my visa office. Got a generic reply from Agent Mathew without an answer to my enquiry. I was active on the November AOR group and it was excitement and anticipation galore when we had a couple of PPRs in January but being a single applicant I just accepted that the families were mostly going to go first so I decided I would only start panicking if I do not get PPR by May 10 (day I clock 6months).
Raised another CSE 2 weeks after the first to enquire again about visa office, eligibility and background checks. This time I got a reply to say my application was being processed in Ottawa and that eligibility was on.
Passport was to expire July 2019 so on the 25th of January I rushed to Abeokuta and renewed. Decided not to update via CSE but to wait till whenever they ask so I can know for sure that my file is being handled.
On the day Tojued shared her PPR story (Feb 27), I remember reading in it that she had typed it since November 2018. Now, even though I had always wanted to type my story ahead, there was zero ginger since I was not seeing any movement in my account but after reading that part of her story I made a mental note to start typing that day. Got back that evening, checked my account for the first time in a while and there was nothing. I put on my laptop to start typing and I had barely finished the first line when I looked at my phone and noticed there was a mail from ‘do not reply’ wow!!! It was an ADR for new passport. I quickly scanned with my phone and uploaded via the new placeholder. Checked my account the next day February 28 and the message still read “we need additional documents….” I left the matter and faced other things. At noon on the 1st of March, I decided to check again and I saw that the message had changed to “we are reviewing the additional document….”
On the 20th of March I called CIC. The call lasted 32minutes but I got to know that I had recommended pass for eligibility and that background checks were on. The agent told me everything looks good and that my application should be wrapped up before I hit the 6 month date. Exactly two weeks after the first call (3rd April), I called CIC again. The agent noted that nothing much had changed since my last call. She repeated to me that eligibility was recommended passed, criminality passed and that other background checks had not started. She assured me that that everything was looking good and that she sees no reason why my application would not be completed before the 6 month mark.
On the 16th of April, I checked my account and noticed it had been updated. Additional Documents was now reading "Not Applicable", I smiled and knew deep down the visa officer had finally looked through my file for a final review. That was when I put finishing touches to this story and started making mental plans to go to VFS the next day (today). Turned off my phone and tried to sleep off at past 1am but could not. Turned on my phone at exactly 2:01am and 6 minutes later I saw the beautiful mail drop (actually dropped twice sef).

Passport Transmission: Even though it took me almost three hours to go from Surulere to Lekki this morning (no thanks to the trucks on Western Avenue/Eko bridge), I simply followed the steps joo2018 laid out yesterday and I was out of VFS in an hour.

Conclusion: No two applications are the same. Make your application as detailed as you can bearing in mind the peculiarity of your case. Knowing what I know now, I would package my application differently if I were to do it over as there were a number of things I felt I did not really do right. However, rather than have sleepless nights and raise unnecessary CSEs, I handed it all to God and he came through for me.

Benediction: My prayer for everyone reading this is that no matter what stage you are in on this journey, the eternal one would do for you what he has done for me at the perfect time. God bless us all. Ire akari o. We shall all meet in our new home, Canada.
this is really inspiring. thanks for sharing. please how did you go about getting police report. was told 40k in Asaba

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by gold638: 10:08am On Apr 18, 2019
Good morning house and biggest congrats to every ITA, PPR clinches. Pls I have a question. If you have a candian tourist Visa, does that mean you have applied to IRCC before? (Kinda confused as I'm unsure if its IRCC that issue tourist visas too). Help a confused young Lady ��

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (503)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.