Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (862903 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by wasseynewest: 10:10am On Apr 18, 2019
A very massive congratulations to all our ITA grabbers and PPR clinchers. Especially my personal person "petrichor grin" for the other side.
May the good lord grant us speedy timelines(ITArians) and a safe and successful landing(PPR).

Happy for you all ooooooooo..............#dancing

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 10:13am On Apr 18, 2019
Yes to both questions.

gold638:
Good morning house and biggest congrats to every ITA, PPR clinches. Pls I have a question. If you have a candian tourist Visa, does that mean you have applied to IRCC before? (Kinda confused as I'm unsure if its IRCC that issue tourist visas too). Help a confused young Lady ��

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:16am On Apr 18, 2019
v3:

Hello Ify,

Thank you for your feedback.

Because of my educational level (ND), the score has not for once risen above 420, even with Band 8 IELTS.

Then instead of PNP, you should be looking for an additional qualification. Have you considered the BCS diploma in IT?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 10:18am On Apr 18, 2019
Thank you AzariahYaa, Stephanie09 and DadR smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Fadia: 10:19am On Apr 18, 2019
I only know for CIPM.

The transcript processing fee is 2,250 but you must have paid your dues up to date before they'd process it. You can send an email to exams@cipmnigeria.org for the requirements for transcript processing (all this can be done from the comfort of wherever you are and you'd just pick it up when it's ready. I even had someone pick mine up for me).

You'd however have to send it to WES yourself as CIPM won't do that for you.

Marula:
Make una no vex say my questions too much. Please anyone know the cost of transcripts from these schools to WES?

UNIZIK - Nnamdi Azikiwe University (1st Degree)
Unilag - University of Lagos (Masters)
NECO - National Examinations Council
WAEC - West African Examination Council
CIPM - Chartered Institute of Personnel Mgt. of Nig.

Abeg any gain in evaluating NECO and WAEC, both have good greats no combination required.

Between NECO and WAEC which one is better (Faster / Cheaper)? I can use either.

Thanks for answering.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 10:20am On Apr 18, 2019
smsalert1:
this is really inspiring. thanks for sharing. please how did you go about getting police report. was told 40k in Asaba

You're welcome. Well I did mine in Lagos for 5k. 40k is ridiculously expensive. I know people who have even paid 4k for same in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by gold638: 10:28am On Apr 18, 2019
joo2018:
Yes to both questions.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by magd: 10:32am On Apr 18, 2019
Cost of transcript from unilag 5k, courier 20k that's 25k in total. The earlier the better because it might take time. Waec I spent 25k in total.
Marula:
Make una no vex say my questions too much. Please anyone know the cost of transcripts from these schools to WES?

UNIZIK - Nnamdi Azikiwe University (1st Degree)
Unilag - University of Lagos (Masters)
NECO - National Examinations Council
WAEC - West African Examination Council
CIPM - Chartered Institute of Personnel Mgt. of Nig.

Abeg any gain in evaluating NECO and WAEC, both have good greats no combination required.

Between NECO and WAEC which one is better (Faster / Cheaper)? I can use either.

Thanks for answering.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by v3: 10:33am On Apr 18, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Then instead of PNP, you should be looking for an additional qualification. Have you considered the BCS diploma in IT?
I never knew of this till you mentioned it. Looking it up as I type this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by smsalert1: 10:36am On Apr 18, 2019
GozyNA:

You're welcome. Well I did mine in Lagos for 5k. 40k is ridiculously expensive. I know people who have even paid 4k for same in Lagos.
please reply my mail. I don't mind dashing in to Lagos to get process it if I can get a contact there to confirm the most appropriate time to come
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by xcaper(m): 10:50am On Apr 18, 2019
Congratulations. What was your crs score?
bimmie85:
I finally got my Saskatchewan nomination updated on the CIC portal and got my ITA today as well. This is a quick update for anyone that may encounter a similar issue from SINP after getting their nomination. I highlighted what to do below:

- DO NOT manually update your nomination on the CIC portal, it has to be done by the SINP and the CIC will notify you to accept the nomination like you will accept the express entry ITA. A couple of people advised me to manually update my profile when I asked around, it would have been wrong and I don't know what that would have led to.
- After waiting for about 2 weeks after the nomination was sent to me, I emailed SINP back for clarification on what to do and notified them that my account has not been updated. In the email, I included name, SINP application number, and nomination certificate number. I then called several times and couldn't get through, so I left voice messages.
- About a week later, they replied my email and apologized for the delay and said they've now notified CIC. Few hours after the email, I received a CIC notification and logged in to my portal to accept the nomination. Then the 600 point was added to my existing CRS score.

I hope this helps someone one day too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yhkl: 10:56am On Apr 18, 2019
Hello all,
Please I need a clarification. I have my ielts result and ECA ready, because of my spouse's age and not wanting to sit for Ielts, we have decided that I go ahead with EE with unaccompanied spouse. My question is can I migrate to Canada with our children if I indicate that my spouse is not accompanying me in my application? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Millalorinzzz: 10:58am On Apr 18, 2019
hayoakins:

I did same, I had in the past gotten my transcript from Laspotech for Mckinsey's application with ease but years after when I needed it for WES, Laspotech came up with a long story about changing the system hence old graduates had miscomputed CGPA on the transcripts, I waited for over 3months with the story changing per second afterwhich I emailed WES to remove HND and I added my ND from Ibadan.

If you have never gotten your Certificate from Ibadan Poly, be prepared to pay almost 25k for the certificate alone as transcript will not be prepared if you haven't paid for certificate or able to present a copy of the certificate if you have it.

I claimed 2 or more combining ACCA and ND.

Please go ahead, it is possible
oh really, thanks for your response
that seems like the next line of action now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Millalorinzzz: 11:01am On Apr 18, 2019
Ifeoma77:

You should have used IQAS sha but that ship has sailed.
Short answer to your question is YES!! Add the ND and remove the law school jare. Or since he's the accompanying spouse, you can just evaluate only the LLB, the difference between BSc and 2 or more certificates - for accompanying spouse - is just one point
The rate at which we want to leave this country is not equivalent to IQAS delay...lol
He is the P.A, we need the 2 or more certificate
We will be removing the law school option and replace with ND since it is possible
Thanks for always coming through Ifeoma

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by captainhoo: 11:08am On Apr 18, 2019
Yhkl:
Hello all,
Please I need a clarification. I have my ielts result and ECA ready, because of my spouse's age and not wanting to sit for Ielts, we have decided that I go ahead with EE with unaccompanied spouse. My question is can I migrate to Canada with our children if I indicate that my spouse is not accompanying me in my application? Thanks

Yes, you can. Start asap

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 11:13am On Apr 18, 2019
captainhoo:
copied from canadavisa.com

Demo/Redundant Accounts.
I am 8 months into the PR process (ielts, wes and what not) and had made around 4 demo profiles on ircc to go through the process (ofcource with fake details as shown in many youtube videos) and 2 out of 4 profiles had also recieved ITA's aswell as I had entered maximum score fetching values.
I'm sure many of us have done the same. Most famous "Profile creation for express entry step by step" video has over 1.5 lakh views and if mere 10% of the viewers have tried their hands, it equals15000 redundant profiles.
Surely this may be one of the reason for the crazy 450+ entries into the pool this year. I have already deleted/withdrawn those profiles and hope everyone to do the same. And please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

@joo2018 @ifeoma77 @Topsmamen and the house, when a profile gets ITA, doesn't reject or accept it and gets withdrawn. Does the profile get removed from the pool or does it remains in the pool.
this is EVIL. those who perpetuate this act are despicable

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Obehi234: 11:16am On Apr 18, 2019
Hello everyone, I am a newbie to this forum.
I have a question please.

I am a law graduate currently at Law school.(which began November 2018)
I graduated university in 2017 but my school certificate is January 2018. I started work at a Law firm in Feburary 2018- present (while I'm also in Law school atm). The problem i have however, is that i don't have a pay slip or account statements for payments because where I work pays me just stipends in cash.

My question is, how do I present this situation in my application process please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 11:22am On Apr 18, 2019
v3:
Good day, all.

Looks like PNP will be the way to go, given that my score is below 450. Where (what province) would you advise a Tech person to apply to?

Thank you very much.

Ifeoma77:

I believe scores will still drop to the 440s. If you're in the high 440s, don't bother with PNP.
If you insist on PNP, then Ontario is the tech haven
in addendum to that. those who intend to go the PNP route, should not forget to fill ALL PROVINCES, in "where you intend to live"

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by dewiseacre(m): 11:31am On Apr 18, 2019
Please I am sorry that I'm having to ask this at this stage. Issue is this thread is so long and I don't know exactly where to look.

1. I need direct information on how to process my CIPMN certificate with WES (anyone done so?)
2. I need direct information on how to process my LASU (B.Sc) certificate with WES (anyone done so?)
3. If I am verifying the two above, do I need to verify my SSCE?
4. Do I need to, or can I verify training certificates e.g. HR training at Tom Associates?

Will appreciate help from the pros at the earliest.

Bless y'all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ronie24(f): 12:25pm On Apr 18, 2019
I am in d same shoe with U exactly wat my hubby said too. But what I want to ask is what material did u use for the ielts exam? Please can u share with me? Thank you in advance queenronkies2004@yahoo.com.
quote author=Yhkl post=77644712]Hello all,
Please I need a clarification. I have my ielts result and ECA ready, because of my spouse's age and not wanting to sit for Ielts, we have decided that I go ahead with EE with unaccompanied spouse. My question is can I migrate to Canada with our children if I indicate that my spouse is not accompanying me in my application? Thanks [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ronie24(f): 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
I am in d same shoe with U exactly wat my hubby said too. But what I want to ask is what material did u use for the ielts exam? Please can u share with me? Thank you in advance queenronkies2004@yahoo.comquote author=Yhkl post=77644712]Hello all,
Please I need a clarification. I have my ielts result and ECA ready, because of my spouse's age and not wanting to sit for Ielts, we have decided that I go ahead with EE with unaccompanied spouse. My question is can I migrate to Canada with our children if I indicate that my spouse is not accompanying me in my application? Thanks [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by smsalert1: 12:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
please does anyone have a contact I can reach for PCC preferably at Alagbon
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yimi4real: 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2019
pejuhazel:
Since yesterday I have been unable to log into my profile, is anyone else having this problem?
please I am having same challenge now. Am I the only one? What did u try to do that helped... been on this for a while. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Omoolope2023: 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
Am new, do you pay WES in USD or Canadian dollars.

Can I use my regular Nigerian banks issued VISA card for the payment?

Thank you in advance for the help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2019
Omoolope2023:
Am new, do you pay WES in USD or Canadian dollars.

Can I use my regular Nigerian banks issued VISA card for the payment?

Thank you in advance for the help
Yes you can use your Nigerian card; currency is CaD
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by realdon(m): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hello guys,

I contacted ICES about cost of ECA for WAEC, OND, HND & BSc, but they told me that evaluation of each credential costs $200. Impliedly, the four certificates will cist $800 to evaluate.

Pls, I need advice on alternatives that can give me lower amount because I thought they'd charge $200 for everything put together?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by haywhy80: 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2019
realdon:
Hello guys,

I contacted ICES about cost of ECA for WAEC, OND, HND & BSc, but they told me that evaluation of each credential costs $200. Impliedly, the four certificates will cist $800 to evaluate.

Pls, I need advice on alternatives that can give me lower amount because I thought they'd charge $200 for everything put together?

Use WES to save cost!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
realdon:
Hello guys,

Lol what do you need ECA for all these especially WAEC? HND and BSC I think will be sufficient

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
Yhkl:
Hello all,

Yeah, sure you can. Bear in mind that you will have to show proof of funds not just for you and the kids, but for him as well.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2019
Yimi4real:
please I am having same challenge now. Am I the only one? What did u try to do that helped... been on this for a while. Thank you

Have you tried the usual? To clear your browser cache/cookies and retry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Laurelgem: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hi E-fam,
Make una help me warn ICES, they're looking for my trouble o.

My hubby's transcripts were confirmed received on Jan 22 via a mail response from ICES and they confirmed that the evaluation would be concluded in 10-12 weeks.

I sent them mails at the 4th and 10th week respectively, they, responded repeating that the evaluation would be concluded at 12 weeks. Only for me to send another mail on Tuesday this week at the stipulated 12 weeks, the buffoons people there responded to say that the evaluation would be concluded in 14weeks as stated on their website. Which kind yeye thing be this one?

Make una help me warn them o, I've run out of patience.

#justneededtovent

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by v3: 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2019
Unfortunately, the website I was referred to does not have a branch in Lagos (They are located in Jos), and all their contact numbers on the contact us page don't exist (Called each).

If anyone knows where I can get CITP (Chartered IT Professional) done here in Lagos, please respond to this. Ify just threw me a lifeline and I fully intend to use it. Or if knows a certification in IT I can run and get certified in a matter of weeks (3), let me know.

Thank you.

To add to this, if there is anyone here writing IELTS soon and in a group of like-minded individuals, please let me know so i can share my details to be added to the group.

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (503)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.