Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (857510 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 22, 2019
EmeraldConsults:
It has began in praise!

Wrote IELTS (BC) for the first time on 9th February.

Result: LRSW - 9,9,8.5,7

Still awaiting ECA though, CRS is 456

It will surely end in praise...!

Please o, what documents do I need to start gathering to make my submission fast?

Congratulations on your amazing score. You should book your medicals straight away. I think medicals will be your rate limiting step after ECA. other documents you need include reference letter, POF and PCC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by EmeraldConsults(m): 7:37pm On Feb 22, 2019
adetola007:

Congratulations on your amazing score. You should book your medicals straight away. I think medicals will be your rate limiting step after ECA. other documents you need include reference letter, POF and PCC

Alright... Thank you so much!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by amoskitto: 7:39pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hello all
Please can anyone assist with the timelines for WES ECA?

I commenced my ECA process early in January; as at 11 February, WES had received all my documents (University transcript and WAEC requirements) and updated my status to "Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time." It has now been this way for 11 days. I understand that WES will send my documents back to my school for verification. Please what status should I expect to see when WES sends to my school? Is it normal to take over 11 days after initially receiving my transcripts for my status to change?

I need to know when WES sends the credentials to my school so I can start following up with my contact there.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by adudu208(m): 7:39pm On Feb 22, 2019
Greatlady234:

Considering the number of people going through this route, it's best to have a very high score. I suggest you create a profile,while you register and prepare for another exam. Aim for the highest scores in IELTS and increase your chances of a quick ITA. All the best!
Is a crs score of 475 ok?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Queencyco: 7:39pm On Feb 22, 2019
During the registration on ICES website, should I request that the two copies be sent to my address?
Or should I ask for a copy to be sent directly to IRCC?
Please help!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 22, 2019
peejay03:
How i wish i can encourage myself this same way. I am so sad with my result after putting so much effort in preparing during break at work and after work at night. 1st attempt LRWS - 7,6,6,7.5. Read almost all the parts of this thread, practiced with some materials shared here, likewise youtube. I expected nothing less than 8 in both listening and reading because i assumed i did it very well. Hoping for the best next time.
Sorry about your result. What materials did you study with? What were your practice test scores in LR.Do you review your answers and note the questions you were failing? I'll recommend you used Cambridge ielts for listening and reading. Always review your answers at the end of the test. Study in various stress conditions, low volume, high volume etc. Try to do both listening and reading at a stretch, simulate exam conditions as much as possible. Practice all writing question prompts. For writing, I'll recommend ielts liz paid video, that was what I used. Finally, you should join the ielts WhatsApp group. I'm rooting for you in the next test. In fact, congratulations in advance grin

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Xclusivemaama: 7:57pm On Feb 22, 2019
jjohndoe83:

Yes. I used my friend's address in Nova Scotia and saved 50 Dollars.

My school is not yet steady because of the ASUU strike to process my cert and transcript
But can I go ahead and open an account now with iqas, pay the application fee and leave it till when I can send my documents to them?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by shege45: 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2019
Sthill5:
I just discovered my file is in Accra.

Completely heartbroken
how did you find out and what’s your aor?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by pejuhazel(f): 8:05pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hello everyone, I'm two months post AOR, my POF was in a fixed deposit which matured yesterday. I've asked the bank to roll it over. I would like to know if I have to update my application with the new fixed deposit certificate or no need?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Sthill5: 8:09pm On Feb 22, 2019
shege45:
how did you find out and what’s your aor?

I raised a CSE....Dec 18
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Guccigucci(m): 8:14pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hi house,

I and my “Mrs” jst started our journey and we have been building our acct for POF. We lodge in at least 500k to 1m into my nigeria GTB savings account (I’m in the Uk) at most every month hope it does not raise any issue? we plan on using my Nigerian bank account and the money we earn here in the Uk is transferred there reason because we would be moving back to nig later in the year.
Would I need to raise any LOE at all?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2019
Haha! Thank you. But I be girl sir grin

cmoney22222:
A bottle of non-alcoholic beer for this man kwanu grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by IamtrulyBlessed: 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2019
I don't think there is need for that until you get ADR for POF..
I reinvested my NTB after AOR and I didn't get any ADR.

pejuhazel:
Hello everyone, I'm two months post AOR, my POF was in a fixed deposit which matured yesterday. I've asked the bank to roll it over. I would like to know if I have to update my application with the new fixed deposit certificate or no need?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Prime24: 8:38pm On Feb 22, 2019
Good evening house.

Please, can National Diploma (ND) be accepted for Canadian Express Entry?

Also, what would be the NOC for a Freelance Writer/Online Marketer?

Thanks as you help. smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by pejuhazel(f): 8:40pm On Feb 22, 2019
Ok, thanks.
Have you gotten PPR?
IamtrulyBlessed:
I don't think there is need for that until you get ADR for POF..
I reinvested my NTB after AOR and I didn't get any ADR.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kemkem30(f): 8:44pm On Feb 22, 2019
Tayodudu:
Hi all,

Pls, I have a few questions.

First, one of my job experiences which i got points for clashes with my full-time master's program. I got the full-time job as an Editor when i was writing my dissertation. My dissertation i did via emails, and occasional meetings with my supervisor during weekends and public holidays. How would i need to explain this to CIC?

Second, i moved some monies from my salary account to my POF account (650k but in trenches not higher than 150k all in a day). Though this doesn't count towards my POF as i got that in gift deed. Would this raise any questions?

I am currently claiming work experience of 6 years in Nigeria, 4 out of which i spent studying in the UK. I submitted payslips and bank statement covering this period of course. I also added a few lines on it in my LOE. I am still post AOR though.....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nomad26: 8:45pm On Feb 22, 2019
No you don't have to send a copy to IRCC. Have both copies sent to your address.
Queencyco:
During the registration on ICES website, should I request that the two copies be sent to my address?
Or should I ask for a copy to be sent directly to IRCC?
Please help!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by abyejecks: 8:51pm On Feb 22, 2019
abyejecks:

Unilag has not yet sent my official documents to Ices. I paid since 30th and 31st January. Ices have confirmed that they've not received documents so my status is Application Incomplete.
Update! I just checked unilag website, it's still showing application received. I sent records @ unilag an email asking them if they've sent my docs to Ices. Will update the house with their response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by CheesyTee(f): 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2019
It’s yet to be processed.

DexterousOne:

Mine is still RECIEVED o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2019
ladymarshall:
Thanks so much. I have been quietly enjoying your posts, advice, encouragement, jokes and moderation of this thread. God bless you and grant your heart desires.

NL is a strong support system for many of us. Our dreams will definitely come true.

Awww kiss
Our dreams will definitely come true

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:01pm On Feb 22, 2019
Guccigucci:
Hi house,

I and my “Mrs” jst started our journey and we have been building our acct for POF. We lodge in at least 500k to 1m into my nigeria GTB savings account (I’m in the Uk) at most every month hope it does not raise any issue? we plan on using my Nigerian bank account and the money we earn here in the Uk is transferred there reason because we would be moving back to nig later in the year.
No need for LOE, you are in order
Godspeed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:02pm On Feb 22, 2019
pejuhazel:
It's your choice if you want to or not. But in my opinion, there's no need.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:08pm On Feb 22, 2019
Sthill5:
I just discovered my file is in Accra.
Completely heartbroken
Aww don't be. It could be for the best. AVO might surprise you.
OVO is not what it used to be o
Sending you hugs

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by pejuhazel(f): 9:10pm On Feb 22, 2019
Thanks, I won't complicate my application.
Ifeoma77:

It's your choice if you want to or not. But in my opinion, there's no need.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DexterousOne(m): 9:16pm On Feb 22, 2019
CheesyTee:
It’s yet to be processed.

Kai
But nothing spoil

I am not in a hurry

Las las, it will end well
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 9:22pm On Feb 22, 2019
Guccigucci:
Hi house,

I think you're good to go, you have an identifiable source of the funds, if they ask, you explain...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Tojued: 9:40pm On Feb 22, 2019
Tayodudu:

@ Tojued
i moved some monies from my salary account to my POF account (650k but in trenches not higher than 150k all in a day). Though this doesn't count towards my POF as i got that in gift deed. Would this raise any questions? If it will, what do i need to do?

I believe you've gotten some good answers already.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Caddy007: 9:41pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hello house,
Please can anyone assist with contact in OSU that can help with WES verification?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ChandlerBing: 9:47pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hi Guys,

It's PPR for me!!!!!!!!!! Below is my timeline.

Decision to Relocate: June 2018
IELTS: 30th June. L9 R9 S8 W8
ECA: WES. Registered 11th June received ECA 7th August. Entered the pool same day.
ITA: 8th August. CRS 445
AOR: 24th August
PPR: 19th February
Family of 2 (child and parent)

VO: Accra. I believe my file was transferred late September. When I found out my application was at AVO I was so disheartened ehn. I tried to find information online about this VO and all I could see were people who submitted their passports to Accra discussing timelines. It wasn't until that petition was raised that I realised there was a whatsapp group. By then, I had resigned my fate to a lengthy processing and didn't bother to join.
No ADR.

Biometrics/Medical passed: Don't remember but completed biometrics 24th September.

Medical was Prime PH on the last day they opened shop for Canadian PR medicals.

I highlighted salary deposits and one payslip for each year I claimed points from and of course reference letter in IRCC format.

I had 4 police clearance certificates. Nigerian was from our Inspector. I filled the form and mailed to him.

POF was USD account with above required POF for my family size, but I added my Naira account and 25% of Pension funds which also added up to above required POF.

I claimed sibling point and I added our birth certificates from NPC, parents' marriage certificate, sibling's Canadian passport and Canadian driving licence.

I completed Schedule A upfront because of the many address changes I have.

I applied as Legally Separated. Below are a list of documents I submitted. Admin, consider pining this to page 1. I researched so much on this and never actually found anybody that would give the outcome of their application.

I submitted a Separation Agreement drafted by my lawyer and signed by both of us and also notarised.

Evidence of previously filed divorce suit in the last country I lived in. And an explanation on why I withdrew the case.

Signed and notarized consent to apply for PR and consent to Travel with our child. It helps that my soon to be ex spouse and I are actually quite friendly.
So getting these forms were a breeze.

We considered having my parents in law (I refuse to call them ex. They are absolutely the best) swear an affidavit but decided that would be over kill. But hey, add anything that can prove your case.

Sworn affidavit of separation

Child's passport

Soon to be ex's passport signed

STB ex spouse's sworn affidavit of separation

A letter of explanation. Basically a short letter. Max 4 sentences saying I was not using this means to circumvent the rules and sponsor an inadmissible person.

My major fear applying as separated was that my STB ex spouse and I renewed our US visa 1 month before AOR as married. This was because we did not have any legal documents to explain our status then. We actually had to attend an interview as our country of residence does not have drop box. I was afraid they would think we were actually still together.

I see lots of new inquiries about divorce and separation. There you have it guys.

I have submitted my passport already. Just mine because our child has an American passport. Now trying to convince my office to cross post me once again!

Goodluck to everyone still waiting for one thing or another. If I think of anything else, I will update my post

90 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by connectgt: 9:48pm On Feb 22, 2019
Just relax. WES will send you a mail once they send your transcript back to your school for authentication.

amoskitto:
Hello all
Please can anyone assist with the timelines for WES ECA?

I commenced my ECA process early in January; as at 11 February, WES had received all my documents (University transcript and WAEC requirements) and updated my status to "Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time." It has now been this way for 11 days. I understand that WES will send my documents back to my school for verification. Please what status should I expect to see when WES sends to my school? Is it normal to take over 11 days after initially receiving my transcripts for my status to change?

I need to know when WES sends the credentials to my school so I can start following up with my contact there.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 10:01pm On Feb 22, 2019
jelmusboy:
Just to let you know guys, this individual disturbed my life to stupor post-ITA the way I disturbed this group during my time.

Na my G anyway, congrats

how is edmonton ? hope you are updating yourself, certification wise?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:04pm On Feb 22, 2019
ChandlerBing:
Hi Guys,

It's PPR for me!!!!!!!!!! Below is my timeline.

Decision to Relocate: June 2018
IELTS: 30th June. L9 R9 S8 W8
ECA: WES. Registered 11th June received ECA 7th August. Entered the pool same day.
ITA: 8th August. CRS 445
AOR: 24th August
PPR: 19th February
Family of 2 (child and parent)
Goodluck to everyone still waiting for one thing or another. If I think of anything else, I will update my post
Wow!!! Congratulations!!!
@Sthill5 this should lift your spirit. AVO application with a seemingly complicated story and yet PPR came right on time.
@Chandlerbing, thank you for this page 1 material, you deserve some shekere grin
Congrats again

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.