Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (860403 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 9:02am On Feb 23, 2019
mbhs139:
CoPR Letter, with Passport of Wife and 2 Children already lying in wait at the VFS, Lekki, since Wednesday, 20th Feb. 2019.

See no rush. Shall go and collect when I have the time.

Decision to Relocate: Sometimes in 2018
IELTS: Sept 2018. L7 R7.5 S8 (after a remark) W7.5, at the 4th attempt
ECA: WES. Registered Sometimes in Oct. 2017
Received ECA sometimes in Apr. 2018.
ITA: Sometimes in Sept, I think Sept. 11th or so
CRS: 445
AOR: 11th Nov. 2019
ADR: 27th of Jan., 2019
PPR: 29th of Jan., 2019
CoPR: Wednesday, 21st Feb. 2019
Family of 4 (2 children and parents)
VO: Accra.

Congrats to you and your family
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 23, 2019
TimmytimeHO:

Smh

Me too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by wasseynewest: 9:02am On Feb 23, 2019
If a group, such as "The canada thread" is opened for people interested in Canada and we are going against a major pathway to d realization of such dream, then to me, that's bizarre.

More than 30 ielts takers has contacted me b'cos of my POST yesterday and they are in class already.

Only to find out it has been pulled down.......

I don't do my things for show offs but some1 has almost discouraged me from preaching my IELTS gospel. Which i considered my own little way of giving back to this beautiful community.

It's rather painful and sad.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 9:07am On Feb 23, 2019
adudu208:

Is a crs score of 475 ok?

Most definitely. Start gathering your docs. You will get ITA in the next round. Congratulations in advance smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by adudu208(m): 9:08am On Feb 23, 2019
Stencil:

Most definitely. Start gathering your docs. You will get ITA in the next round. Congratulations in advance smiley
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by adudu208(m): 9:09am On Feb 23, 2019
Debsify:
Dementia ko Buhari ni, abeg 475 is a veryyyy good score.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Utonne: 9:14am On Feb 23, 2019
ChandlerBing:
Hi Guys,

It's PPR for me!!!!!!!!!! Below is my timeline.
Congrats dude. Our 24 Aug AORite. This is amazing news.
Accra really must give way this year. I hope this inspires everyone with Accta VO.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 9:19am On Feb 23, 2019
Sorry about that bro. I guess your post had phone numbers exposed and stuff. You have been a great source of inspiration/motivation here and others have been singing your praises. Please don't let this deter you from blessing others as you have been doing already. Cheers!
wasseynewest:
If a group, such as "The canada thread" is opened for people interested in Canada and we are going against a major pathway to d realization of such dream, then to me, that's bizarre.

More than 30 ielts takers has contacted me b'cos of my POST yesterday and they are in class already.

I don't do my things for show offs but some1 has almost discouraged me from preaching my IELTS gospel. Which i considered my own little way of giving back to this beautiful community.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nuges11(m): 9:21am On Feb 23, 2019
Good morning everyone and thanks for all the words of encouragement, you guys are too awesome. So I spent the whole of yesterday and night thinking and I have questions:

What are the chances of getting a job in Canada while in the pool?

Getting perfect scores in IELTS will only take my CRS score to 441 from the present 435. I really don't think 441 is good enough considering the cut-off point for the last draw and spending another 75k and time to write IELTS again in March for just 6 more points doesn't look like the best move to me. Getting a job will get my score up to 485.

What do you guys think? Get in the pool first and try to get a job or try get my score up to 441?

Thanks so much guys

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 23, 2019
Nuges11:
Good morning everyone and thanks for all the words of encouragement, you guys are too awesome. So I spent the whole of yesterday and night thinking and I have questions:

Getting perfect scores in IELTS will only take my CRS score to 441 from the present 435. I really don't think 441 is good enough considering the cut-off point for the last draw and spending another 75k and time to write IELTS again in March for just 6 more points doesn't look like the best move to me. Getting a job will get my score up to 485.

What do you guys think? Get in the pool first and try to get a job or try get my score up to 441?

Thanks so much guys
Go to pnp thread and hunt for one or two provinces. Remain in the pool, ontario could call.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 23, 2019
Utonne:

Congrats dude. Our 24 Aug AORite. This is amazing news.
Accra really must give way this year. I hope this inspires everyone with Accta VO.
Na so we see am.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:35am On Feb 23, 2019
wasseynewest:

No don't be discouraged at all. Just repost it again

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 9:36am On Feb 23, 2019
Hey Chief. I suggest you get into the pool ASAP and take advantage of the tie-breaking rule. 441 is quite a good score and is highly likely to fetch you ITA in subsequent draws. While you're in the pool, you can try to get a job and prepare for the IELTS.
"Just 6 more points?" 1 point matters a lot. I once had 433 in 2017 and I missed a draw (434 at the time) by just 1 point. I wanted to die! Since then, the CRS draw has not dropped as low as 436 sef. Good luck.

Edited....

I agree with @ontarioissauga. The PNP is another route to consider. Try do some research on it.
Nuges11:

Thanks so much guys

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 23, 2019
Nuges11:

Thanks so much guys

Get into the pool
You can go for additional certificate like pgd while preparing for another ielts. 441 is a good score

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nuges11(m): 9:54am On Feb 23, 2019
Topsmamen:
Hey Chief. I suggest you get into the pool ASAP and take advantage of the tie-breaking rule. 441 is quite a good score and is highly likely to fetch you ITA in subsequent draws. While you're in the pool, you can try to get a job and prepare for the IELTS.
"Just 6 more points?" 1 point matters a lot. I once had 433 in 2017 and I missed a draw (434 at the time) by just 1 point. I wanted to die! Since then, the CRS draw has not dropped as low as 436 sef. Good luck.

Edited....

I agree with @ontarioissauga. The PNP is another route to consider. Try do some research on it.

Thanks for this. Guess the best thing to do at this point is get in the pool while I try the pnp and job route then retake IELTS.

@pyruvateluv @ontarioissauga thanks guys

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 23, 2019
ChandlerBing:
Hi Guys,

It's PPR for me!!!!!!!!!! Below is my timeline.

Decision to Relocate: June 2018
IELTS: 30th June. L9 R9 S8 W8
ECA: WES. Registered 11th June received ECA 7th August. Entered the pool same day.
ITA: 8th August. CRS 445
AOR: 24th August
PPR: 19th February
Family of 2 (child and parent)

VO: Accra. I believe my file was transferred late September. When I found out my application was at AVO I was so disheartened ehn. I tried to find information online about this VO and all I could see were people who submitted their passports to Accra discussing timelines. It wasn't until that petition was raised that I realised there was a whatsapp group. By then, I had resigned my fate to a lengthy processing and didn't bother to join.
No ADR.

Biometrics/Medical passed: Don't remember but completed biometrics 24th September.

Medical was Prime PH on the last day they opened shop for Canadian PR medicals.
Congratulations!
Thanks for the detailed PPR gist and for opening the gate for fellow 24th August AOR.
AVO seems to be catching up now. Ottawa is just turnioninown

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by EmeraldConsults(m): 10:05am On Feb 23, 2019
wasseynewest:

Please don't give up or feel discouraged about your good deed sir, you've been a life saver and God will immensely reward you for it. Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by wasseynewest: 10:29am On Feb 23, 2019
Boss mi, thanks sir. #Appreciate
Topsmamen:
Sorry about that bro. I guess your post had phone numbers exposed and stuff. You have been a great source of inspiration/motivation here and others have been singing your praises. Please don't let this deter you from blessing others as you have been doing already. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Amica26: 10:31am On Feb 23, 2019
For those waiting to hear from IQAS, my documents were delivered on the 29th of November 2018 and I just got their acknowledgment yesterday. Patience is the fuel for this journey. All the best e-family.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 10:43am On Feb 23, 2019
Caddy007:
Hello house,
Please can anyone assist with contact in OSU that can help with WES verification?
have you sent your transcript?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by youngRx(m): 10:45am On Feb 23, 2019
mbhs139:
CoPR Letter, with Passport of Wife and 2 Children already lying in wait at the VFS, Lekki, since Wednesday, 20th Feb. 2019.

See no rush. Shall go and collect when I have the time.

Decision to Relocate: Sometimes in 2018
IELTS: Sept 2018. L7 R7.5 S8 (after a remark) W7.5, at the 4th attempt
ECA: WES. Registered Sometimes in Oct. 2017
Received ECA sometimes in Apr. 2018.
ITA: Sometimes in Sept, I think Sept. 11th or so
CRS: 445
AOR: 11th Nov. 2019
ADR: 27th of Jan., 2019
PPR: 29th of Jan., 2019
CoPR: Wednesday, 21st Feb. 2019
Family of 4 (2 children and parents)
VO: Accra.

Congratulations Sir, success to you & family as you cross over.

Waow!...AVO is the new Ottawa cheesy
Seems the petition against them is finally having an effect.
Kudos to the guys that initiated it.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nomad26: 10:47am On Feb 23, 2019
Your previous post had people's phone numbers displayed and the sad reality is that not everyone reading nairaland has good intentions. I'd suggest reposting but leave out all personal information. You're making a big difference in people's lives my brother, well done wink

wasseynewest:

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by sconp: 10:59am On Feb 23, 2019
einsteino:
eh I think I shared mine months back o
I searched from part 3-7, the list for those that got PPR I didn't see yours. I only remember seeing your timeline not the PPR gist
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Angelicstar(f): 11:00am On Feb 23, 2019
Please is there anybody that have evaluated two certificates with iquas for one application. Were u charged 200 dollars each or 200 dollars for both.thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by safex(m): 11:05am On Feb 23, 2019
Topsmamen:

Edited....

How feasible (and easy) is it to get a job while still in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by KaraDanvers(f): 11:06am On Feb 23, 2019
Fyorgyn:

It's not that long oh... I actually thought it was long too until I decided to start... you are on the right thread sef... oya go to page one and start reading
Good morning Sis. Would you advise someone who earns about 36m annually to relocate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 11:36am On Feb 23, 2019
raspberry88:
Hello my people,
I want to use ICES for my certificate verification.
Please can I verify two certificates at the same time, for example my masters and ICAN?

Will I pay double if I do so?
yes, for every certificate , $200
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 11:40am On Feb 23, 2019
chicyclass:

What explains why Indians write lipsrsealed English on forums yet smash it, eludes me.

Congratulations jare!

as in ehn..... You begin to wonder if the same yardstick is used in marking. Some Indians who had 7 in writing, compose sentences horribly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 23, 2019
[quote author=KaraDanvers post=76024614] Good morning Sis. Would you advise someone who earns about 36m annually to relocate? [/Quote]
Advise? It is the person who knows if only money makes him tick.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 11:58am On Feb 23, 2019
KaraDanvers:
Good morning Sis. Would you advise someone who earns about 36m annually to relocate?

I believe anybody has the right to change his/her environment at any point in life. I might have few questions tho...

Relocating via investment? or through FSW
Is the person a businessman/woman Or working for him to earn that amount.
One can't just decide here as there questions that one should asked.

If I'm in business and earning that amount....I could just visit Canada to catch some cold small, meanwhile investing my money in my fatherland.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 12:29pm On Feb 23, 2019
Amazing! Congrats!!!!

EmeraldConsults:
It has began in praise!

Wrote IELTS (BC) for the first time on 9th February.

Result: LRSW - 9,9,8.5,7

Prepared for about 1month.

LISTENING: I really didn't use any video. I practised mainly with the Cambridge materials. I discovered I had major challenge with the MCQ questions, so I learnt to:
-focus more
-get involved in the discussion by creating a mental picture and this helped my concentration
-practice more and more.
Funny enough, I still scored below 36 a number of time during the exam week.

READING: I started with one very difficult material I downloaded from pdf drive. It really scared me cos I couldn't get above 34, my average was 30. When I finally got the Cambridge material, I was getting 38, 39 & 40. My main challenge here was the T, F, NG questions.
-it is TRUE: if the statement can be FOUND (without assumption) in the passage
-it is FALSE: if the statement is COMPLETELY opposite to what's in the passage
-it is NOT GIVEN: if there's no info at all about the statement in the passage
NB: Don't assume anything based on previous knowledge, it's all about the given passage.

SPEAKING: I really didn't do much preparation here cos I'm naturally as chatty person, I can make up stories easily. I got some questions from IELTSLiz website and watched her videos. Practised the difficult ones with a friend some days before the test. On the test day, I just flowed with the guy as a friend. He practically had to cut me short on almost all questions.

READING: Hmmmmmm... na here my wahala & nightmare deyyyy. I dreaded the writing when I was seeing the failure rate. Long story short, I used Jay's, Chris Pell 5-day challenge & IELTS UP videos (all from YouTube)... and they helped to reduce my fear. Then @wasseynewest (God bless you sir!) came to the rescue my adding me to a free WhatsApp group for writing and the tutor was quite good with criticising my writing especially task 2.

Still awaiting ECA though, CRS is 456

It will surely end in praise...!

Please o, what documents do I need to start gathering to make my submission fast?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by KaraDanvers(f): 12:30pm On Feb 23, 2019
AdetonaDami:

I believe anybody has the right to change his/her environment at any point in life. I might have few questions tho...

Relocating via investment? or through FSW
Is the person a businessman/woman Or working for him to earn that amount.
One can't just decide here as there questions that one should asked.

If I'm in business and earning that amount....I could just visit Canada to catch some cold small, meanwhile investing my money in my fatherland.
Thinking of FSW.

The earning of 36m is net salary from Current job.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.