Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,532 members, 7,823,316 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (863374 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mamsvee: 7:16pm On Apr 19, 2019
[quote author=haywhy80 post=77685576]

My spouse and I*[/quote
Jay IELTS on YouTube helped me a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:17pm On Apr 19, 2019
BootyliciousHon:
Thanks Ifeoma...why did "booty" sound weird? Lol
Hehehehehehehe because now everyone is visualising the bootay grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ugomaxx: 7:18pm On Apr 19, 2019
Bro, here's the download link to ielts cambridge materials https://englisharoundtheworlds..com/2018/09/cambridge-ielts-books.html?m=1 I suggest you go for 5-13 General training. Try doing a post test analysis every 2 listening & reading tests. It has both transcripts & audio, make use of it all. Also try to chill a bit, sometimes fixating on setbacks in a module has a way of magnifying them. Case in point, less than a week to the test, I retrogressed & started having 7 repeatedly, sometimes less. Needless to say that I panicked, but I started doing in depth analysis of my shortcomings. The fixes I needed slowly started coming to me. In short, there are patterns to the particular kind of questions in both Listening & reading modules that is derailing you, figure it out. All the best bro.
NB. I told a powerful being upstairs not to allow Listening fall my hand, you could try that too- together with the others of course.
rs172:
@joo2018 ugomaxx thanks very much for the tips, I'll do as you have said.

@ugomaxx how do i go about the cambridge ielts, I've once checked the site and i found the materials there similar to that of ieltsonlinetests.com

15 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:18pm On Apr 19, 2019
dexla:

Thanks alot for your response. My certificate isn't ready for collection, I guess I'll just send my statement of result.
that will be fine. Send it asap
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ugomaxx:
My e & fabulous family, lemme come out of my vampire-ish hibernation to tell you guys that ielts came through. First attempt idp LRSW 8.5, 8.5, 7.5, 7.5. God did this. Thank you @topsm.amen for your kind gesture just yesterday, I'm sure I'll soon bring on my bad dancing on your PPR story very soon. @jjohndo.e83,wow!!! Ain't that amazing, making d rest of us look simple. ECA you're next. I'm out, the limelight is already "burning" me.
grin grin grin grin grin you better come out permanently and leave your vampire ways
Big big Congratulations, amazing result there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:21pm On Apr 19, 2019
Mamsvee:
So yeah I am dancing... I have written IELTS 3 times and got writing 6.5, I was discouraged and came here to say my fears. Well so many people encouraged me to rewrite and I did. Just got the result today and I aced my IELTS. So be encouraged all IELTS hopefuls and don't give up. My result listening-8.0 reading -8.5, speaking - 7.5 and writing - 7.0. I want to ask a question I am a teller in a bank and it falls under NOC C can I use my 1 year experience for my NYSC that my only proof of salary is asleep cos my PPA did not pay but are willing to give me employment letter. And it was 5 years ago.
Wow!!! Your determination paid off. Congratulations!!!!
Yes you can use your NYSC alone

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by hayoakins(m): 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2019
LaVieCestBonBon:
Seniors in the house ... bonsoir.

Please those that have gone through IELTS, how would you compare to "ieltsonlinetest" practice test.

Make I no go dey happy say I dey get 35 for reading only to find out that the real thing is way tougher.

Merci beaucoup.

Bonjour et bonne journee.

From my experience, I found the real reading exam simplier than past questions I solved perhaps because I wrote several professional exams back to back for 3 years and used to exam condition.

I had enough time to go through my answers and read the questions like 2 times.

From people's experience I have been reading on here, I realised I took this IELTS for granted as my mindset was "no be just English?". Thank GOD for his mercies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2019
joo2018:
If you have your ECA, you can create a profile and enter the pool. This will help you take advantage of the draw cut-off while your work on our IELTS.

I guess you are talking about the provincial route.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by pejuhazel(f): 7:46pm On Apr 19, 2019
joo2018:
Hi,

Planning for Canada basically offers "preparation for life in Canada" services. This consists of the GO and the MAP sessions. The minimum eligibility document is the BIL.

Based on your MAP session, you will be referred to other pre-arrival organizations for work and settlement assistance.

However, most other pre-arrival organizations (especially those getting the bulk of their funding from IRCC) will not accept anything less than PPR. Others will.

PfC/CIIP have discharged their duty to you. Did you inform ACCESS that you were referred from PfC/CIIP?

I was referred to Canada InfoNet. They also had those requirements on their site. I sent a mail before registering that I was referred from PfC/CIIP and had only my BIL. I was asked proceed with my registration.

If it still doesn't work out, just face your MAP till PPR. The work required on the MAP document no be here. I have done only like 5% out of it.

I informed ACCESS that I was referred by PFC even copied one of the facilitators in the email. I guess I have no option than to wait, I was just trying to fill this wait period with as much preparation as I can. Thanks for your help and congrats on your PPR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by beabeasquare: 7:47pm On Apr 19, 2019
He means you can benefit from the tie-breaking rule in case your score is eventually on the borderline on the draw day.
Adva45:

I guess you are talking about the provincial route.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mumayo: 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ifeoma77:

You are still looking for bikini? Jump in naked jare
Congratulations!!!
cool lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by seunfoster: 8:28pm On Apr 19, 2019
Dear All,

I writing this draft to solicit for your advise/help with regards to my application. My application was rejected on the 18th of April 2019 for a reason which I raised CSE on 5 days prior to the day of rejection. The issue is related to mistake on NOC number. Instead of me picking 1212, I picked 1112. This was noticed after 10 months of waiting for PPR via GCMS notes. I would like to hear from everyone on the best way to contest this decision as I am seriously bothered and I can tell my wife yet because we have sacrificed a lot for this application. Thank you in anticipation of your responses.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by seunfoster: 8:28pm On Apr 19, 2019
Dear All,

I am writing this draft to solicit for your advise/help with regards to my application. My application was rejected on the 18th of April 2019 for a reason which I raised CSE on 5 days prior to the day of rejection. The issue is related to mistake on NOC number. Instead of me picking 1212, I picked 1112. This was noticed after 10 months of waiting for PPR via GCMS notes. I would like to hear from everyone on the best way to contest this decision as I am seriously bothered and I can tell my wife yet because we have sacrificed a lot for this application. Thank you in anticipation of your responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by seunfoster: 8:29pm On Apr 19, 2019
Dear All,

I am writing this draft to solicit for your advise/help with regards to my application. My application was rejected on the 18th of April 2019 for a reason which I raised CSE on 5 days prior to the day of rejection. The issue is related to mistake on NOC number. Instead of me picking 1212, I picked 1112. This was noticed after 10 months of waiting for PPR via GCMS notes. I would like to hear from everyone on the best way to contest this decision as I am seriously bothered and I can't tell my wife yet because we have sacrificed a lot for this application. Thank you in anticipation of your responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by etyno: 8:46pm On Apr 19, 2019
Sent you an mail. Pls do reply. Thanks
bimmie85:
I finally got my Saskatchewan nomination updated on the CIC portal and got my ITA today as well. This is a quick update for anyone that may encounter a similar issue from SINP after getting their nomination. I highlighted what to do below:

- DO NOT manually update your nomination on the CIC portal, it has to be done by the SINP and the CIC will notify you to accept the nomination like you will accept the express entry ITA. A couple of people advised me to manually update my profile when I asked around, it would have been wrong and I don't know what that would have led to.
- After waiting for about 2 weeks after the nomination was sent to me, I emailed SINP back for clarification on what to do and notified them that my account has not been updated. In the email, I included name, SINP application number, and nomination certificate number. I then called several times and couldn't get through, so I left voice messages.
- About a week later, they replied my email and apologized for the delay and said they've now notified CIC. Few hours after the email, I received a CIC notification and logged in to my portal to accept the nomination. Then the 600 point was added to my existing CRS score.
- CRS Score before nomination was 398, it became 998 after the nomination was accepted. It's been a very longggggg wait and praying, hoping, planning and staying in the EE pool to increase my score. I hope this helps someone one day too and I hope it encourages someone not to give up.

May God perfect everything for each and every one of us on this journey.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chicyclass(f): 9:04pm On Apr 19, 2019
Congratulations!
jjohndoe83:
Gentlemen! The first breakthrough is here

Listening 8.5

Reading 8.5

Writing 8.0

Speaking 8.5

First attempt. I'm so elated right now.

My appreciations to everyone, particularly ladymarshall. Thank you for your time and sacrifice. I'm so glad I could make it worth it. Oga Wassey, your dedication is uncommon and I benefitted immensely from joining your class. Thanks Johnnybravo1990 too for the last minute tip.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DadR: 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hey Guys,

Anyone currently enrolled for PGD at NACETEM here? Please holla, I need some info asap.

Gracias!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Dekembabe: 9:13pm On Apr 19, 2019
seunfoster:
Dear All,

I am writing this draft to solicit for your advise/help with regards to my application. My application was rejected on the 18th of April 2019 for a reason which I raised CSE on 5 days prior to the day of rejection. The issue is related to mistake on NOC number. Instead of me picking 1212, I picked 1112. This was noticed after 10 months of waiting for PPR via GCMS notes. I would like to hear from everyone on the best way to contest this decision as I am seriously bothered and I can't tell my wife yet because we have sacrificed a lot for this application. Thank you in anticipation of your responses.
awwww,I’m so sorry about this. It’s disheartening! But pls don’t be deterred. I’d advise you submit another application ASAP since you know the precise mistake made in the first one. God will crown your efforts with a speedy ppr on your next in Jesus name.All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by beeodun: 9:15pm On Apr 19, 2019
nnetayo:
*Looonnnggg post alert*

��He's done so much for me, I cannot tell it all, na ra ekele mu o, if I had 10,000 tongues, it still don't be enough, na ra ekele mu o...what shall I render to Jehovah for He has done so very much for me...��

I can't thank Him enough first and foremost for the gift of life, for His protection and provision, for this mighty thing that He has done and must importantly for giving me the grace to remain on Faith street and trust Him till He came through.

ITA- June 25th 2018
AOR- August 17th 2018
1st ADR- September 14th 2018
2nd ADR- September 17th 2018
MEP- September 17th 2018
BIL- September 24th 2018
3rd ADR- March 8th 2019
PPR- Today �������

Chai! This feeling is sweet...✈✈✈������

Your story is not only sweet but also inspiring. Your “NOC story” caught my eye and had me glued to your TESTIMONY (same NOC here-smiles). I must add that you really sound like a very sweet somebody (don’t ask me how�). I pray the rest of your sojourn in our new country will be superduper smooth! ...and yeah don’t panic,that same God will come through for you with the rest of preparation plans. Cheers!!! Congratulations dear �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ronie24(f): 9:17pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hello all,

Also, for those that have received the ITA under the express entry, Please is it true that if your occupation is not in line with the course studies in school your application will not be successful. Please educate me.

Take for instance, I studied Animal Science in Uni but I am a teacher in a high school.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2019
seunfoster:
Dear All,

So sorry to hear this. Looked through your previous posts. I'm thinking (and I may well be wrong)...that it's more than the typo of using 1112 instead of 1212.

Going by your description in this link and the response given, unless your role was supervisory I suspect even 1112 may have been considered inappropriate and that may be why the CSE didn't make a difference.

https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/163#64257841

What to do? If you are indeed a supervisor of the 14XX group maybe reapply and rewrite the JD to accurately reflect this. I also suspect that mcstan suggested 1434 because of all the many references to ATM in your JD.

Ps:@everyone it seems NOC is a major deal....let's be very careful and extra finicky when we choose...especially considering the experience of Nnetayo also.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by rs172(m): 9:20pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ugomaxx:
Bro, here's the download link to ielts cambridge materials https://englisharoundtheworlds..com/2018/09/cambridge-ielts-books.html?m=1 I suggest you go for 5-13 General training. Try doing a post test analysis every 2 listening & reading tests. It has both transcripts & audio, make use of it all. Also try to chill a bit, sometimes fixating on setbacks in a module has a way of magnifying them. Case in point, less than a week to the test, I retrogressed & started having 7 repeatedly, sometimes less. Needless to say that I panicked, but I started doing in depth analysis of my shortcomings. The fixes I needed slowly started coming to me. In short, there are patterns to the particular kind of questions in both Listening & reading modules that is derailing you, figure it out. All the best bro.
NB. I told a powerful being upstairs not to allow Listening fall my hand, you could try that too- together with the others of course.

Thanks very much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 9:35pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ronie24:
Hello all,

Also, for those that have received the ITA under the express entry, Please is it true that if your occupation is not in line with the course studies in school your application will not be successful. Please educate me.

Take for instance, I studied Animal Science in Uni but I am a teacher in a high school.

It doesn't matter
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by seunfoster: 9:42pm On Apr 19, 2019
Thanks for your response.

The JD I pasted in the link in your post was not used in the application because of the category c it is. I decided my two previous job positions and put this in my history. The NOC 1212 is for the position of head teller that I used as my secondary NOC.
Mamaroon:

So sorry to hear this. Looked through your precious posts. I'm thinking (and I may well be wrong)...that it's more than the typo of using 1112 instead of 1212.

Going by your description in this link and the response given, unless your role was supervisory I suspect even 1112 maybe considered inappropriate and that may be why the CSE didn't make a difference.

https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/163#64257841

What to do? If you are indeed a supervisor of the 14XX group maybe reapply and rewrite the JD to accurate reflect this. I also suspect that mcstan suggested 1434 because of all the many references to ATM in your JD.

Ps:@everyone it seems NOC is a major deal....let's be very careful and extra finicky when we choose...especially considering the experience of Nnetayo also.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Oluwayeminikans: 9:54pm On Apr 19, 2019
[please I need the format in which a job reference letter should be written thanks.
author=Oluwayeminikans post=77570684]Hi everyone, thanks for the detailed info. Please, I would like to clarify something. Can I name my younger brother who is under 18 as a dependent? Secondly, can I begin applying for the Express Entry as soon as I get my IELTS results? Thirdly, I am Npower employed for 2 years now, can my selection letter suffice for proof of employment? Fourthly, how can I get the police certification of character? Lastly, could you also give the names of clinics and their prices for IRCC medical?
Thanks in advance.
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Oncanada: 10:03pm On Apr 19, 2019
Oncanada:
Good evening everyone. Please which is preferable to send documents, between UPS and DHL, in terms of services and all?

Please, anyone??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ummhalimah: 10:05pm On Apr 19, 2019
Good day elders, please is marriage certificate ( registry) and news paper publication enough as proof for change of name? Also, gift deed notarized, but when money was transferred mother tagged it as (share of proceeds) does this raise any red flag. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mosky47: 10:08pm On Apr 19, 2019
Amen.. looking forward to next week. Thanks

nnetayo:

Absolutely! I can't wait for the good news. I told you next week right? Wait for it!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by wisdom77: 11:16pm On Apr 19, 2019
Adebuble:

I have paid and captured in FESTAC way back in February. The new story is there are no laminate (whatever that means).

Amazing, isn't it?

Please help

Unfortunately, that is true, a colleague of mine too needed to renew her passport, in my office we all had different connection for international passport, from abuja, to Ibadan, to Abeokuta, to Festac, to alausa, to ikoyi, none had laminate. But we later got a contact in Ikoyi who said they had for emergency medical trips, my colleague had an emergency official trip and she was could not get a passport even after showing the ticket and hotel booking..we are still on the matter since two weeks now.
Alusa gave a bill of 50k to pick up in 3days, she got there story changed, finished
Ikoyi gave a bill of 30k, she got there the trip is not a medical emergency..

I wish you luck, you may be lucky to get..

Contact NIS on social media and you can also send a mail to them you will get a response immediately. Someone in my WhatsApp group applied 3months ago then contacted them and they promised to investigate and get back to him. Check their website for details.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by dedalove: 11:17pm On Apr 19, 2019
TemiGee:
You can courier it if you don't live in Lagos. I suggest you use UPS if you want to use courier. However, you will get an update faster if you submit directly to BC office in Ikoyi.

thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Haryanphe(f): 11:31pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ugomaxx:
In my humble opinion, I seriously think you should let go of that test, trust me it's way more difficult than the real stuff. In order to adequately assess your current capacity, go for the official Cambridge materials, as it's really your go to source for acing Listening & Reading. However, they are those who opine that practicing with ieltsonlinetest is ideal, exactly cos of it's difficulty. I don't.
For Listening, when practising try to peruse and decipher the gist of the next question, as it makes it harder to miss 2 questions in a row, if at all. Also, have a pen ready, so that every genuine "break" you get, you use it to underline key words in both the answers (For MCQ) and the questions. This keeps you in the rhythm of the test. Here, synonyms really come in handy, in which case a dictionary, together with articles (I recommend foreign) should do the trick.
For reading, Scour the articles and/or paragraphs for your answer, which you do easily by reading through the questions first. Allow the questions point you to the answer. If & when you do, read a sentence or two further down, cos that may be the real answer. As for "Not given", don't fall for it's myriad tricks. Even if an info can be inferred or is reasonable, but it is not expressly stated, don't tag it "true" or "false" , when it's obviously "NG". For instance, if it says Judas fell from a the top of a sky scrapper and leaves it @ that, DON'T assume it is TRUE that Judas died. It just didn't say so.
Finally, remember to pay attention to the little matter of Writing, and to some extent speaking. Writing is a formidable beast, find a way to maim that monster,
as others are pets in comparison.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yemblaze(f): 11:35pm On Apr 19, 2019
April 27th....here I come

AdetonaDami:

Oh thanks sis, what about yours?

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (503)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.