Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (860729 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Avidreader748: 12:38pm On Apr 25, 2019
Aisville:

The current total cost can't be 19,000. 19k covers only WAEC processing fee (10k) and courier service (9k). You still have to pay for affidavit (between 2k-4k depending on where you're doing it). You will also pay for letter of attestation (between 2k-3k depending on where you're doing it). You will buy scratch card 1,500, buy envelopes as well as include 2 passport photographs.

Thank you. Was about saying this too.

And UPS is the cheapest courier, although not fast.
They have feedex and DHL whose prices are higher.

So don't be quick to say its 19k. That's just for waec and courier.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bozz007(m): 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2019
Mstomie:
Go to their website and download the EOR form, fill it and raise a bank draft of 15k to British Council and submit in their office at Ikoyi.

Goodluck in your remark.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
goodlife2018:
Hello, respected seniors in the house. I need urgent response. My sibling is a Canadian Citizen and we don't get along in anyway humanely possible, because of this I did not declare him in our EE profile and he did same too before he became Canadian Citizen by not declaring me as sibling too, but went ahead to declare my other siblings. Now I want to understand would there be a misrepresentation for not declaring him in our EE profile as we have received ITA in the last draw without claiming sibling points. (My wife is the primary applicant) and I am non-accompanying spouse for now owing to a big project I am handling. Family of 4. All other documents are ready for submission and wait for upfront medical.

https://www.nairaland.com/4657743/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/511#72568576

https://www.nairaland.com/4657743/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/327#71554609

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:54pm On Apr 25, 2019
stevo2016:
Long post alert! It’s PPR guys.
IELTS:5 attempts
ITA: 5th September, 2018.

AOR: 29/09/2018
MED Passed/adr(schedule A form for spouse): 29/10/2018
Biometrics:07/11/2018
long silence
IP2: 23/04/2019
PPR:24/04/2019 dated 23/04/2019
I am coming for the full gist, but please a quick one, I have a new addition to my family about three weeks ago, so I informed CPC otttawa through the CSE I raised earlier. But to my surprise, their response came with a PPR message yesterday morning, while asking me to submit my baby’s birth certificate for her own application.
Later last night I discovered that my profile has been opened and they have sent the details of what I need to upload for her own application to be added.
Good for us, we have done her international passport, birth cert and medicals. All documents are reading for uploading.
However, I am a lil bit confused, should we still go ahead to our passport including our new baby’s own as demanded by the PPR letter. The letter states that all passport must be submitted on or before May 1st.
Happy people in the house, please kindly assist with evidence based information to guide us through this stage@ifeoma, joo20.18, newmum etc etc
It came when I least expect it, I Pray that for those that are still on the waiting line, the LORD WILL SURPRISE YOU.
las las, all of us go entry Cannyland in style. Thanks.
Congratulations!!! Submit all the passports including the baby's passport. AVO will finish up the application

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Aisville: 12:55pm On Apr 25, 2019
goodlife2018:
Hello, respected seniors in the house. I need urgent response. My sibling is a Canadian Citizen and we don't get along in anyway humanely possible, because of this I did not declare him in our EE profile and he did same too before he became Canadian Citizen by not declaring me as sibling too, but went ahead to declare my other siblings. Now I want to understand would there be a misrepresentation for not declaring him in our EE profile as we have received ITA in the last draw without claiming sibling points. (My wife is the primary applicant) and I am non-accompanying spouse for now owing to a big project I am handling. Family of 4. All other documents are ready for submission and wait for upfront medical.

It has no effect since you are not claiming any point for sibling

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
EndInPraisess:
Allahu Akbar, Grace found Us!!

In The Past I have always been ‘pro-travel’. My first attempt in this relocation dream was exactly 10 years ago, My mother had filed for me - she was in the US, I can remember going to the US embassy several times, did medicals, DNA and a whole bunch of other stuffs.. I was eventually denied, Oh God! Devastated was an understatement.

Please house. We submitted our passport yesterday, I thought it reflects on ones CIC account
Wow what a triumph!! You definitely have an angel watching over you.
Congratulations!
No, passport submission doesn't reflect online. In about two weeks, it will reflect (after the approval)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Aisville: 12:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
Avidreader748:

Thank you. Was about saying this too.

And UPS is the cheapest courier, although not fast.
They have feedex and DHL whose prices are higher.

So don't be quick to say its 19k. That's just for waec and courier.

Try to read well. I was correcting the person that said it's 19k. I never said its 19k
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
waynetemi:
My timeline just to encourage someone:

Single applicant
VO: London to Kyiv

IELTS: 8.5/8.5/7.5/8 done first trial

ITA: 17 Nov 2017

AOR: 5 Dec 2017
SILENCE
REQUEST FOR RE-MED: 28 Feb 2019

PPR: 8 Apr 2019
COPR: 24 Apr 2019

Wish all those waiting all the best. It will surely come, though it may tarry.
I have no words! Congratulations!! May your new home be joyous
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2019
goodlife2018:
He didn't declare you, you didn't declare him, QED!
Just out of curiosity, why unaccompanied? You can apply as accompanying and still come back to finish your project

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by boco2126: 1:03pm On Apr 25, 2019
Good advice. Though we are 450, we have also began to consider spouse writing CBT to boost the scores. A quick question please...how many days did it take to get your results after the CBT?
Scandinavian02:

This is specifically for those in the pool with CRS of less than 450. Honestly, no one knows when it will come down and most of us are only saying it will come down by faith. Please if you need to learn French to boost it, please go ahead (This Canada waka now na street gist, E dey mouth of every Nigerian wey sabi read).

I made the above post when I was almost getting frustrated with the consistent CRS of 450+ every fortnight, I decided to register for the CBT with BC in less than a week. I scored an overall bad of 6.5 and boosted our CRS to 460. We are hopeful of the next ITA after 3 months.

Please explore all avenues to boost your scores cos afraid dey catch me with the kind CRS wey boys dey carry enter pool sef. recently, i see 475, I come tell my wife say we no get hope again ooo with our 448.

All the best bros and sis' on this journey. it would end in praise for us all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 1:06pm On Apr 25, 2019
Aisville:
Please which Province PNP favours IT Professionals?
Ontario
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Scandinavian02: 1:09pm On Apr 25, 2019
boco2126:
Good advice. Though we are 450, we have also began to consider spouse writing CBT to boost the scores. A quick question please...how many days did it take to get your results after the CBT?

7 days. I wrote on the 17th April and got result this morning.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
Rapture07:
Pls guys I need advice, my points and bae points stands at 478 but we are not married although engaged, and we don't intend to tie the nut till July next year. Pls aside from what is found on irc website is there anyway one could prove common law partner, cos to be honest Nigeria doesn't practice common law partner.

https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/13#75913923

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by EyesondPrize: 1:23pm On Apr 25, 2019
I wrote on Tuesday and got my result on Sunday.

boco2126:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nksandy: 1:24pm On Apr 25, 2019
Good day everyone,please I got ADR for prove of close relative.its my mum's step brother (from the same mum because my mum's father died then she remarried). How do I go about getting their birth certificates for my mum and for my uncle,since it was in the 50's.i really need suggestions.thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by amoskitto: 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2019
yemblaze:
Yeah..been there. The issue is that iyourts either your school has not replied WES properly or they keep making certain mistakes/errors in the verification. So ask your school to send tge verification again until WES is satisfied with their response.

Mine was UNILAG....I had to send a stinker mail to them and few days later I received an update from WES.

All the best.

Thanks a lot for the advise. Please who did you send the stinker to (email address)? If it is not too much trouble, please share with me a sample of the email you sent to pauricole@gmail.com.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by nelronaldo(m): 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2019
Flaj:

https://www.nairaland.com/4657743/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/511#72568576

https://www.nairaland.com/4657743/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/327#71554609

Well in my case, i have a sibling who is in Canada on student Visa. I declared No in the column when asked about a sibling in Canada who is a PR and then listed him as part of my family in my application. However, I didn't write an LOE to say my sibling is not a PR in CA. I only mentioned him and the city he is staying in Canada in the column where we have to mention parents and other family members. I hope this is fine?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Scandinavian02: 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2019
Nksandy:
Good day everyone,please I got ADR for prove of close relative.its my mum's step brother (from the same mum because my mum's father died then she remarried). How do I go about getting their birth certificates for my mum and for my uncle,since it was in the 50's.i really need suggestions.thank you.

Step brothernor half brother? Ain't they sharing a biological parent?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by v3: 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2019
Debsify:
Ontario

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
Good day everyone, i urgently need the contact of an immigration officer that can help in ikoyi p[assport office, i did my kids passport since February till now they say no printing material
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ecanes: 1:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
My friend did it this same way and she has gotten her own PCC from FBI.

BootyliciousHon:
Well for my husband, he did it himself using a stamp pad. We left the signature of official who assisted with fingerprinting blank. Havent gotten a reply from the FBI yet as we could only send the fingerprints after the Easter break. Will give an update when we have one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by fruitybranch007: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
Hi,
I have just a 28 days left for my estimated processing time to end. Should I be worried. I last heard from them over 2 months ago.
Please I need your input.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mrhumandelis: 2:03pm On Apr 25, 2019
As your husband has an MSc and more than 3 years working experience; if he is below 30-35, it may be best to have him as principal applicant

your 2 year work experience has exactly same points as 1 year, on the other hand, anything more than 3 years has more points (maximum foreign work experience points in the CRS)

You should play with this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp. Evaluate with LRWS of 8 7 7 7 for the principal applicant and maybe 6 6 6 6 for the partner (see who has a better chance).

Altogether, you should try to drag him into the process. On your own (without doing french, with no siblings in Canada or Education/work experience in Canada), the maximum you can get is 416.

What you should do now is:
- Both of you should do IELTS
- Both of you should evaluate your degrees.

No urgent need enrolling for Masters yet (even if you do not have enough points, you could go the PNP route). For now, evaluate your degrees and try to make him do IELTS one way or the other.

Hope this helps

MzGiwa:
I'm currently studying for IELTS and I intend to verify my result with Wes soon. With only bsc and 2 years experience do I stand a chance ?

Partner has MSC and 6 yrs work experience. No professional certificate. Is it better to drag him into it from the beginning . Anything to boost my points biko

Do I need to enrol for masters too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 25, 2019
Good day everyone , I am a banker snd need help on PNP route, pls help a sister
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 2:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
goodlife2018:
fill no and state the reason why you are not claiming points for siblings. your reason : estrangement. (to be on the safe side)

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by MzGiwa: 2:35pm On Apr 25, 2019
mrhumandelis:
As your husband has an MSc and more than 3 years working experience; if he is below 30-35, it may be best to have him as principal applicant

your 2 year work experience has exactly same points as 1 year, on the other hand, anything more than 3 years has more points (maximum foreign work experience points in the CRS)

You should play with this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp. Evaluate with LRWS of 8 7 7 7 for the principal applicant and maybe 6 6 6 6 for the partner (see who has a better chance).

Altogether, you should try to drag him into the process. On your own (without doing french, with no siblings in Canada or Education/work experience in Canada), the maximum you can get is 416.

What you should do now is:
- Both of you should do IELTS
- Both of you should evaluate your degrees.

No urgent need enrolling for Masters yet (even if you do not have enough points, you could go the PNP route). For now, evaluate your degrees and try to make him do IELTS one way or the other.

Hope this helps

Thanks a lot. This is really helpful
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by shyle02(m): 2:37pm On Apr 25, 2019
So I got my IELTS result some few days back and it was 8.0/7.0/6.0/8.5 LRWS.

so sad embarassed embarassed about the writing, but I got a CRS 453 and will have to wait till I am done with my master's degree in July before I enter the pool.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ecanes: 2:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
Just to share a bit and come out of my silent mode....

I want to use this means to thank God for freeing me from IELTS... I wrote it 3 times in all and God answered me by the 3rd time.

1st IELTS - LRWS - 7.5/8.5/6.5/8.5 (MOD)
2nd Attempt - LRWS - 8.5/8/6.5/7.5 (MOD).... I was so sad that day, I can still remember the feeling (Remark came out negative. I still have the feeling my EOR was not done because I had to remind them after the remark timeline that i was yet to get a notification for the result. Na the money pain me pass sha)
Final attempt - LRWS - 8.5/9/7/7.5 (BC/ CBT)

I must say IELTS humbled me. I was so sure I would make it at one sitting. When I saw my 1st result it was a rude shock. You can imagine how it felt the 2nd time and even worse when the remark came back unchanged. I thank God for the encouragement from my spouse and some other unknown people who wrote their experiences on this forum, I decided to really swallow my pride and reassess what the problem could be with my writing. I found out it basically my structure that was the problem. Jay's videos really helped me to fine tune my writing.

So, I wrote CBT(I chose this because I truly hate waiting for results) with BC on the 9th of April and I got my result on 14th of April. The feeling of relief was so strong that you could touch it. I know God was teaching me something through this experience. I appreciate the success more and I truly understand how depressing it can be when the scores don't match up.

I wish everyone struggling with IELTS good success.

Waiting for ECA now before we dive into the pool.

In all, I enjoyed the CBT process because we were just about 10 people. I did my Speaking on the same day (Morning session) and the rest afternoon session. Although there was technical issues that day that made the 1st set start pretty late which also impacted my start time, the whole process was wayyyyyyy better than the paper test for me.

Please my seniors I will be needing your help with my NOC. I will be sending it shortly. Thank you in advance.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by pejuhazel(f): 2:50pm On Apr 25, 2019
I just received the 5 ADR's from Accra, my problem now is that my salary was paid in cash and it is stated in my pay slip. What can I do about the request for the bank statement showing salary deposits?
Also, I can't remember the exact dates I filled in the personal history section for my past addresses, will this affect our application negatively?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Deoooooor(f): 3:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
gobby:
Hi nnetayo, or anyone that submitted payslips, please how many payslips did you submit when you got the ADR, is it the whole number of years you worked? so for like 3years work experience I will submit like 36 payslips, also for the bank statement did you print just the page of your salary for the total number of years? I am thinking how cumbersome this will be

Please can I also be added to the WhatsApp group?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ecanes: 3:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
Dear Gurus @Ifeoma77, @Topsmamen and any other person that can help me ooooo,

Please I need help with identifying the best fit NOC. I picked 0122 but I am not really settled. I have an MBA and ACCA and over 12yrs experience. I have 6 years in banking (Cash Officer - 3yrs but I do not intend to claim points with this as I do not want the stress of going to get reference letter from them but I can if I must) and I currently head a unit (not in the bank ). My JD is as seen below. Kindly help me to verify if I have chosen the right NOC. A friend says 1212 is the NOC but another person says my qualifications demands a higher NOC. Its confusing.

I also want to ask if there is any gain in using more than one NOC

• Prepares and regularly monitors the budget of the department, while reporting deviation to the Head of Department.

• Examines and approves posting of statutory remittances such as taxes, pensions, payroll and other statutory fees.

• Reviews and verifies accuracy of work and approves payments to staff and other vendors in both local and foreign currencies.

• Approves transactions tickets posted on internal ERP (Oracle) Account receivables after reviewing them for accuracy.

• Oversees reconciliation of all operating account and general ledgers.

• Ensure the Corporation’s policies and procedures for processing payment transactions are followed according to established standard operating procedures and make recommendations for improvement.

• Supervise monthly bank reconciliations and year-end activities for the department to ensure proper financial reporting.

• Processes the disbursement of approved credit facilities to customers and staff and ensures compliance to established guidelines

• Provides direction to staff members in resolving problems which arise with internal or external customers.

• Set priorities for team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other units and departments across the Corporation.

• Contributes to the daily cash planning process in collaboration with the Head of Operations and executive management.

• Attends to both internal and external auditors and ensures that documents required are provided and recommendations made are adopted to ensure controls are upheld.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by rhemagrace(f): 3:44pm On Apr 25, 2019
My fellow Canadians, how does upfront medical work, please? What documents do we need to show and how will the clinic send the medical result to CIC since there is no invitation to apply yet? Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.