Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (920069 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:01pm On Sep 26, 2018
dumprep:
Congrats casecasr. Sweet timeline.

Please just take a moment and use style to tell us your Visa Office (as per the bolded below). Lol.

Looks like Ottawa. I've gone through all the PPR timelines since part one, 99% of Nigerians fall to either Ottawa or London
Short timeline (1 - 4 months) = Ottawa
Long timeline (6 - 11 months) = London
The other 1% are spread between CIO, AVO and others

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 7:02pm On Sep 26, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 7:03pm On Sep 26, 2018
casecasr:
Good day House. You guys have been really helpful all through my canny process. However I have another question. So I woke up this morning to a CPCO-Final Request mail saying ready for visa and that I should submit my passport. Now I’m really happy but I just logged in to my application and it still says ‘in progress’. Guys please before I continue dancing here, is it normal?

I love it when people get PPR without knowing or being sure it's PPR. The innocence always soothes my soul. Congrats casecasr and estac.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2018
casecasr:
Long Post Alert!!! (Thought someone might learn one or two)

Alhamdulillahi, it's PPR!!!
Came in when i least expected. It's been God all the way.

Timeline.

ITA : 25th July

AOR: 12th August

Med Passed: 12th September

Biometric Captured: 14th September

PPR: Dated 25th September (got it this Morning @ 1.34 am)

May God reward the moderators of this forum. Sincerely, only God Can reward them.
I thought about this journey about this period last year and gambled with ielts (4th Oct, 2017) with BC. To God's glory I passed at first attempt, L,S,W, R - 8, 7, 7, 8.5. Then i evaluated my first and 2nd degree Cert with WES, hubby was also pushed to write IELTS hoping to get @ least 441 but she had 6.5 in IELTS with listening being 5.5. CRS was 438. I entered the pool on 14th February. As ITA no gree drop, we had to get her master's certificate evaluated as well WITH WES, NASU strike caused a lot of delay + UNILAG postponement of convocation early this year (WES evaluation was done with Statement of Result as certificate wasn't available then, also nah standard posting I do for her oo, no much difference from Courier in terms of timeline). WES Evaluation was completed on 15th July, I updated my profile sharply and CRS jumped to 448. We got ITA that same day.

Did my medical @ Q-life (being the cheapest for the kids) on 19th of July, same day was the PCC( I just walked in to Alagbon and negotiated 5k with the officer{not the popular inspector in the house}).

I had collected my work reference letter since June as well as my pay stub. Wife's work reference letter was collected few days to application (this wasn't reqd but dont know why the system insisted i submit it, I stated it in LOE that her work experience doesn't add up scores for us)

I have a bit of Travelling experience across europe, my 1st Application to UK was denied (I stated reasons for denial in my LOE), and also showed that my subsequent application was approved. My Application was quite simple not perfect but God has perfected it for me.

POF was 100% TBILLS of two tranches, first was 25% of POF which has been in TBILL since May, 2nd Tranch of 75% was gift deed (notarised) has just been placed in t-bill in less than a week to my application. I submitted both my savings and current account Statement and stated in LOe that my current account is basically for card payment while my Savings is used for my salary and other transaction, this is really the case. I also had other voluminous transaction which i never talked about as e no concern dem, however, I stated that my POF is from the TBILLS which i attached the certificates.

I didnt rush to apply, i made sure everything was thorough and detailed. My family have 4 members.

For awaiting applicants, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS refer to page one of this trend. It was more than helpful in my Application.

Wishing us all best of luck!!!

Congratulations! Sweet timeline..looks like July and August AORs should be expecting fast processing.#fingerscrossed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by sleekchic(f): 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2018
[quote author=Newmum0615 post=71512011][/quote]

Why do I love this Newmum0615 I don't even know her.

You just seem like you will be a warm human being in real life.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Estac: 7:15pm On Sep 26, 2018
Estac:
My Darling Nairalanders,

It is with great pleasure I dance in to announce the arrival of my PPR!

Here is the short version.

Timeline:
AOR - July 14
MEP/IP1 – August 1
IP2 - September 21
PPR – September 25 (received 1.35am this morning).

I wish everyone a successful outcome on this journey. God bless us all

READER-ALERT: VEEERYYYY LOOONGGG EPISTLE

NOW FOR THE EPISTLE

I am sharing this long version to underscore the importance of proper research in this journey and to encourage newbies not to despair when they are referred to 1 for information.

I wrote IELTS on August 19, 2017 and results L 8.5, R 9, S 8, W 7.5 (maxed out at first attempt). I did not know the value of this result at the time because I was aiming for Australian PR and my target was minimum of all round 8. While I was weeping and lamenting my Writing score, a friend advised me to also consider migrating to Canada. I spoke to another a friend in Canada who advised me to use IQAS for my ECA because IQAS will assess my “law degree” as equivalent to Masters degree. In ignorance, I thought law degree meant law school degree. I did not know that law school transcript was not necessary for IQAS.

Rush rush in September 2017, I paid IQAS, I sent University transcript and wasted over 2 months chasing for law school transcript. IQAS sent back ECA on Dec 21, with a “disappointing” email that it does not assess vocational certificates (or something like that). I checked my ECA report for the phrase “master degree” but forwhia!? The thing no de dia. They only wrote that is it "equivalent to LLB or first professional degree … " blab la bla. I started chasing IQAS with emails insisting that they may have made a mistake, that I have been told that my degree will be equivalent to “masters”. (Gosh I was so ignorant!). IQAS sha refused to budge. And without masters, I did not even near 420 CRS.

No so I flung ECA report and IELTS results for one yeye corner since December and I started chasing post graduate admissions in Canada upanddan! (Jesus is Lord). It is not book that was hungrying me o. I was just looking for an exit strategy from Naija. That is how I wasted January –March plus plenty yeye university application fees, plus numerous transcript processing fees (for admission). I was just roaming in the wilderness while my ECA and IELTS were gathering dust where I flung them.

Na so, April land with my birthday (minus 5 points). God’s mercy found me 3 days after my birthday. My colleague, who had codedly been processing EE stumbled on one of my university applications. The bros pitied me, called me to one corner to advise me about EE instead of student visa route. My people, I started boasting o- “I sabi EE, I have done IELTS and ECA since last year but I no qualify cos my points no reach, bla bla bla”. OK na, bros calmed me down and explained the meaning of “first professional degree…” in my ECA. WHAT??!!!. ADONBLIVIT. Bros recalculated my CRS. CHINEKE! And I have been wasting time in the wilderness when I could actually be on 452 CRS?

Immediately, that very day. I did 4 things. (1) created a profile with 424, (2) registered hubby for the next available IELTS on May 24, (3) paid for hubby’s ECA with WES, (4) decided that my #mumudondo and was determined to research the EE process to the tiniest detail. I needed to make up for lost time.

Na so I discovered this precious Nairaland thread PT 4. Nairaland, Canada-dot-ca and Canadavisa became my daily companion. I referred myself to page 0 (as it then was (my learned colleagues will get this phrase) while waiting for hubbys IELTS and ECA. Thankfully, by June, I was ready for ITA. I was anxiously waiting for the next Wednesday’s draw when IRCC almost give me heart-attack. ITA casually strolled into my inbox ON A MONDAY (June 25). The rest as you now know is history.

Thanks to the wealth of information on this thread, my application was well thought-out and put-together. (Before nko? I had thoroughly learnt my lesson o!) The information here is worth more than gold o my people. The God-factor now iced the cake with a speedy PPR. So I hope I have been able to convince you of the importance of visiting page 1 and researching thoroughly for yourself. Me I have even researched even up to my first 5 years in Canny sef. No more dulling!

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:23pm On Sep 26, 2018
grin grin
Chai!!! Ignorance bad gan
@Estac see ehn babe, buy correct French wine and go and thank that your colleague
Choi!

Congratulations again!!

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
Fadia:
S/he would still have to prove the relationship sha, along with submitting proof that the person is truly a citizen/PR (T4, utility bills, picture of PR card or passport). These things might be quite hard to get if s/he cannot currently contact the person.

I think your option of writing an LOE after would work sha but I'm also hoping it doesn't count as misrepresentation too, being as s/he has already claimed the points and still doesn't have a way to prove the relationship or that the person is actually a citizen/PR.

PS: I can't remember if extended family members actually give points though, I think it is just siblings. I added my aunt to my application and I'm not sure it gave me points (well to be fair, I actually didn't know how to check)

Last last and based on all the views shared I agree that The neatest option is to select no to the question, then write LOE informing that you have relative but don't want to claim points.

Extended family members give FSW points while siblings give CRS points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by bharbhyie: 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2018
U can contact wes via twitter - Wespicks.

quote author=pejuhazel post=71551799]Hi, please what is the best way to contact WES. They sent me an evaluation update last week and I noticed they made a mistake in my address and since that's where they are supposed to send the report to, I filled the contact form on their website but I'm yet to get a response. So please if there's any other way I can contact them to correct the error, let me know. Thanks[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by orenishii: 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2018
Hello Fam,

Please I my passport expires May 2019, do you think I should apply for a fast track renewal before I submit or submit my application and raise CSE later around November.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 7:32pm On Sep 26, 2018
expires May 2019 or expired May 2018?
orenishii:
Hello Fam,

Please I my passport expires May 2018, do you think I should apply for a fast track renewal before I submit or submit my application and raise CSE later around November.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by orenishii: 7:32pm On Sep 26, 2018
joo2018:
expires May 2019 or expired May 2018?
Expires May 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2018
orenishii:
Hello Fam,

Please I my passport expires May 2018, do you think I should apply for a fast track renewal before I submit or submit my application and raise CSE later around November.

Thanks.

Your passport is already expired (for 5 months) and you need to renew at once. Why wait until November?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by orenishii: 7:34pm On Sep 26, 2018
mcstan18:

Your passport is already expired (for 5 months) and you need to renew at once. Why wait until November?

Typo. May 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 7:36pm On Sep 26, 2018
orenishii:
Typo. May 2019

You still have some more time on your hands. Wait until you have 6 months left which should be in November as stated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by orenishii: 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2018
mcstan18:

You still have some more time on your hands. Wait until you have 6 months left which should be in November as stated

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2018
They dont usually renew until 6months before expiry.
orenishii:

Expires May 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 7:38pm On Sep 26, 2018
congrats to you and estac speedy timelines
casecasr:
Good day House. You guys have been really helpful all through my canny process. However I have another question. So I woke up this morning to a CPCO-Final Request mail saying ready for visa and that I should submit my passport. Now I’m really happy but I just logged in to my application and it still says ‘in progress’. Guys please before I continue dancing here, is it normal?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by orenishii: 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2018
exquisef:
They dont usually renew until 6months before expiry.

Thanks a lot!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by bronze25(f): 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2018
Congratulations learned colleague. This your epistle is very interesting to read and funny.
Estac:

READER-ALERT: VEEERYYYY LOOONGGG EPISTLE

NOW FOR THE EPISTLE

I am sharing this long version to underscore the importance of proper research in this journey and to encourage newbies not to despair when they are referred to 1 for information.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by bronze25(f): 7:43pm On Sep 26, 2018
Congratulations...
casecasr:

Timeline.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by casecasr: 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2018
sandman007:
Wow congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

please can you shed more light as regards your profile? please help answer the following questions

1. what is your profile saying now? Still as it was when I applied, the only thing that has changed is Biometric Completed. Addition document also states that no additional document is required.
2. did the background check update to completed? Yes.
3. Did your profile ever move from that initial IP2 to IP1 and . Don't even know what this means.
4. what is your travel history like? SA, Germany, France, England, Holland, Senegal ...., mostly official

sorry for so many questions, we just need to get some comfort from your success story.

thanks in advance

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by boundlessjoy: 7:54pm On Sep 26, 2018
Oga mcstan18, I’m still awaiting your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by opella(f): 7:56pm On Sep 26, 2018
pejuhazel:
Hi, please what is the best way to contact WES. They sent me an evaluation update last week and I noticed they made a mistake in my address and since that's where they are supposed to send the report to, I filled the contact form on their website but I'm yet to get a response. So please if there's any other way I can contact them to correct the error, let me know. Thanks
They will reply in 48 hours, you can also call them on
+1 800-361-6106.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Grace135: 8:21pm On Sep 26, 2018
casecasr:

Timeline.

May God reward the moderators of this forum. Sincerely, only God Can reward them.
I thought about this journey about this period last year and gambled with ielts (4th Oct, 2017) with BC. To God's glory I passed at first attempt, L,S,W, R - 8, 7, 7, 8.5. Then i evaluated my first and 2nd degree Cert with WES, hubby was also pushed to write IELTS hoping to get @ least 441 but she had 6.5 in IELTS with listening being 5.5. CRS was 438. I entered the pool on 14th February. As ITA no gree drop, we had to get her master's certificate evaluated as well WITH WES, NASU strike caused a lot of delay + UNILAG postponement of convocation early this year (WES evaluation was done with Statement of Result as certificate wasn't available then, also nah standard posting I do for her oo, no much difference from Courier in terms of timeline). WES Evaluation was completed on 15th July, I updated my profile sharply and CRS jumped to 448. We got ITA that same day.

Did my medical @ Q-life (being the cheapest for the kids) on 19th of July, same day was the PCC( I just walked in to Alagbon and negotiated 5k with the officer{not the popular inspector in the house}).

I had collected my work reference letter since June as well as my pay stub. Wife's work reference letter was collected few days to application (this wasn't reqd but dont know why the system insisted i submit it, I stated it in LOE that her work experience doesn't add up scores for us)

I have a bit of Travelling experience across europe, my 1st Application to UK was denied (I stated reasons for denial in my LOE), and also showed that my subsequent application was approved. My Application was quite simple not perfect but God has perfected it for me.

POF was 100% TBILLS of two tranches, first was 25% of POF which has been in TBILL since May, 2nd Tranch of 75% was gift deed (notarised) has just been placed in t-bill in less than a week to my application. I submitted both my savings and current account Statement and stated in LOe that my current account is basically for card payment while my Savings is used for my salary and other transaction, this is really the case. I also had other voluminous transaction which i never talked about as e no concern dem, however, I stated that my POF is from the TBILLS which i attached the certificates.

I didnt rush to apply, i made sure everything was thorough and detailed. My family have 4 members.

For awaiting applicants, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS refer to page one of this trend. It was more than helpful in my Application.

Wishing us all best of luck!!!
Whao, this is very fast. Congratulation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by simplyalero(f): 8:39pm On Sep 26, 2018
simplyalero:
Hello everyone, kudos for the great job thus far. please i have a question as regarding POF. i helped transact a deal regarding a landed property and i was paid a commission on the same in cash (precisely in dollars). i'm planning on paying this into my dorm account and using it as part of my POF. but being a lump sum, it might raise a red flag and i don't know how to explain it. I'm not a real estate agent as i have my own job as a civil servant. but the nature of my job allows me the opportunity to deal in this kind of transactions every once in a while being that I'm in the ministry of lands.

please can anyone help with an idea of how to proof this without raising any red flags?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Rapture07: 8:46pm On Sep 26, 2018
Tojued:

If i were you i'd say yes. Then upload LOE on how we are not in touch and I don't have her approval to add her to my application, in the placeholder for relatives in Canada. But be sure whether you're still eligible without her five points before doing this.

Reason why i'd say yes is that it always feels like lying when you answer no to that question: do you have any relatives in Canada? if you actually have relatives. Na just fear of misrepresentation sha.

Thanks for your input in regards to this, but i actually just went ahead and asked on twitter and this was their response. Hope this helps someone else

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 8:48pm On Sep 26, 2018
Was it paid to you from a business or personal account and was the payment accompanied by a receipt or invoice? This might help to show provenance.
simplyalero:
Hello everyone, kudos for the great job thus far. please i have a question as regarding POF. i helped transact a deal regarding a landed property and i was paid a commission on the same in cash (precisely in dollars). i'm planning on paying this into my dorm account and using it as part of my POF. but being a lump sum, it might raise a red flag and i don't know how to explain it. I'm not a real estate agent as i have my own job as a civil servant. but the nature of my job allows me the opportunity to deal in this kind of transactions every once in a while being that I'm in the ministry of lands.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Howothemez(m): 8:50pm On Sep 26, 2018
Livy2018:
I have a reliable contact who did mine. Pm me if you dont mind.
please i have sent you a mail, if you don't mind can you tell me how you got your transcript sent to WES from Unilorin. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by simplyalero(f): 9:02pm On Sep 26, 2018
joo2018:
Was it paid to you from a business or personal account and was the payment accompanied by a receipt or invoice? This might help to show provenance.

NO it wasn't. it was paid to me in cash. hence, my dilemma.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ChinenyeT: 9:07pm On Sep 26, 2018
Pls who knows anything about the WES digital badge?

Congratulations to all PPR clinchers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2018
Great. Many thanks for the insight, Ifeoma.
Ifeoma77:

Looks like Ottawa. I've gone through all the PPR timelines since part one, 99% of Nigerians fall to either Ottawa or London
Short timeline (1 - 4 months) = Ottawa
Long timeline (6 - 11 months) = London
The other 1% are spread between CIO, AVO and others

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (612)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.