Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,573 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (863494 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yinkadar: 11:14am On Apr 27, 2019
MummyJaygirls:
Abeg does anyone know someone that recently got alberta provincial nomination? Abeg tag me. Thanks
I am also interested .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Fm90(f): 11:14am On Apr 27, 2019
Thanks so much for your response.it seems they know people are using it as a means to increase their score.
kfrosh:
Hello!
From my little findings on canadavisa forum, F1-f3 is no longer evaluated as a 1 year certificate. I think it used to be evaluated as such before now, but not anymore.

F1-F9 still gives you a college degree evaluation. So the best bet is to go for CIMA(B1-B4) that still receives a positive evaluation from WES.

With your knowledge of ACCA, only little revision studies needs to be done to pass the CIMA according to what I heard.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 27, 2019
Suspectzero:
All these people whining about PPR script, just deal with it. They don't owe you anything. The way you complain is even quite off putting. You can't brow beat people into doing anything for you online. People are more likely to not post anything at all if this is the kind of response they get.

You say they asked lots of questions, you see, that's the actual difference, they had to ask the questions to get the responses they wanted, they didn't sit back and wait to be fed automatically by PPR scripts.

There are far more avenues for getting information about express entry than via nairaland. I think the real lazy ones are the ones who want to just sit here and get all their information from just one source. Google is your friend.

This is wrong in all shades, I mean all shades. You obviously missed the humour in them pressing for the gist pre-PPR. Life ain't that uptight and hard as we take it.
I wish you all the best.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kingspaco: 11:19am On Apr 27, 2019
Yuyukoko:
1st attempt - 2005 ( study permit denied, Lagos)
2nd attempt - 2014 (visitor's visa denied, Lagos)
3rd attempt - 2015 ( study permit denied, Lagos)
4th attempt - 2017 ( study permit denied, London)
5th attempt - 2018 ( permanent residency approved baby!)

I always wanted to go to Canada. Always been my only , someone thinks a baby is on the way...
Congratulations to you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Fm90(f): 11:20am On Apr 27, 2019
Thanks for your response.we will contact them on twitter.
flgd:
People have used one semester evaluation and gotten their ppr.. if in doubt you can ask CIC via their twitter account if one semester evaluation can be used for two or more certificates.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Mapleking: 11:20am On Apr 27, 2019
Congrats, it ended in praise. Canada will favour you and your family.

Yuyukoko:
1st attempt - 2005 ( study permit denied, Lagos)
2nd attempt - 2014 (visitor's visa denied, Lagos)
3rd attempt - 2015 ( study permit denied, Lagos)
4th attempt - 2017 ( study permit denied, London)
5th attempt - 2018 ( permanent residency approved baby!)

I always wanted to go to Canada. Always been my only interest. I used to say it will be Nigeria or Canada for me. I even learnt the national anthem... After all the earlier attempts, I lost my guts. Went to join hubby in England, and tried to face the future.

You know that thing about true love eh? I couldn't settle for England. I woke one morning, told hubby I was booking a flight to return to Nigeria, he asked me to book for me and shoot, a week after we landed back home.

I got really fearful I've made a mistake, all the admission letters ( from 3 universities sitting in my inbox), some pounds in my account, I started looking for work again in Nigeria. Was invited to my previous work place in Lagos, but I knew accepting it will cost someone else her job. So I turned it down. I finally got a job. They were deceived to think I'm a serious person, they promoted me easily... All I wanted was to go school in Canada...

Hubby then mentioned express entry. I couldn't care anymore. I grudgingly wrote the IELTS. Loads of youtube tutorials, I used tutorials by Jay and Liz. Passed it all. Hubby wrote too, and he passed.

So I asked for a sign from God , that we can gather the POF with ease. ( Funds were mainly reasons for refusal earlier). Na so both Mums funded our account, plus our savings.

Timeline :

AOR :September 23, 2018
Biometrics : October 23, 2018
Teary day in between when I realized file was in Accra.
ADR : The famous 5. Submitted March 10.
PPR: April 23, 2019. It finally came in the mid of a meeting. I was just looking at them all and writing my resignation mentally.

This morning, we have begun searching for flights. And I'm beyond grateful and dazed by God. I'm finally going to school in Canada. And it's on the best visa I could imagine ...

Morale:

Pray to God. He's alive.

Don't stop dreaming, you have no idea how many conversations I've had with Canadian professors and friends in my head.

While waiting, get better. Stay prepared. I honestly made alot of decisions considering my baggage in kg, if it will be useful in Canada...

Pray to God . He better be involved every step of the way.

Ask questions. Stay informed. Seek for answers. Seek for help...

Stay hopeful and positive. All those shit refusals are over now!

Pray to God. Thank Him. It's time for Thanksgiving. Whether you've received yours or not.

Thank you fam. Loads of love from a clinic, someone thinks a baby is on the way...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 11:43am On Apr 27, 2019
If you mean online wire transfer, I think TransferWise or WorldRemit are the fastest. Compare their rates and choose the best for you

Check here https://transferwise.com/de

https://www.worldremit.com/

arogun78:
Hello,everyone. Please what is the fastest way to send money to Nigeria from Canada. Thanks

4 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yinkadar: 11:45am On Apr 27, 2019
Hello newmum and all seniors ��....
Pls can someone advise on the best noc for a cash officer in a bank. I choose 1311, but sone of my friends said 1212 is better and more suitable. I also noticed that 1311 is in demand in sone province and I cant find 1212 in any province
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 11:47am On Apr 27, 2019
Congratulations!! Good that you didn't give up. All the best in the rest of the process

PopularGingo:
soo I'd like to share my testimony regarding IELTS.

Sorry for long story o, I'm just excited and i thought everyone should here my story and hopefully i can encourage someone. Both exams were written with MOD Lagos

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by kfrosh: 11:49am On Apr 27, 2019
Nobody has used one semester evaluation from WES to claim two or more certificates. You attempt this, your application gets rejected as your CRS scores will be re-calculated. If WES does not evaluate whatever certificate as a one year college certificate, begin to look elsewhere.
flgd:
People have used one semester evaluation and gotten their ppr.. if in doubt you can ask CIC via their twitter account if one semester evaluation can be used for two or more certificates.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 11:50am On Apr 27, 2019
Thanks for this. You rock!

iaatmguy:
bouqounmie Criteria for PTA according to CBN

here are some of the excuses they give not to oblige you
- they only give current account holder
-ask you to provide tax clearance of x number of years
-say they are out of FX
-intentionally delay till the two weeks elapses.
-They would say they don't give to one way ticket travellers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yinkadar: 11:50am On Apr 27, 2019
amoskitto:
NOC gurus in the house, I need your advice please. I intend to apply under NOC Code 6314 Customer and information services supervisors.

My current job title is "Client Service Consultant", and job description in the drafted reference letter is as follows:

- Provide support to and coordinate activities of front desk officer to ensure timely renewal of insurance policies
- Provide support to and coordinate activities of dispatch riders to ensure complete and timely delivery of policy renewal letters to existing customers
- Develop process documentation for the Insurance customer policy renewal process
- Proactively ensure that renewal premiums are collected before the due date
- Liaise with the Underwriting and Sales teams to ensure that policy renewal process for Insurance customers is completed end-to-end
- Prepare and submit General Insurance Renewal and Customer Persistence reports on a regular basis

Please I need your thoughts on how suitable this job description is for the NOC code.

Thanks
@ babayeminaija, pls I will like to check noc 1311 if a cash officer in a bank can fit into that noc, its account bookkeeper . And all cash officer balance their vlt both manually and in the system.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 11:52am On Apr 27, 2019
Honestly this crossed my mind grin grin

Adunnee:

Can I start booking my tickets too? grin Meds is yet to be passed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 27, 2019
Suspectzero:
The bolded part is your main issue right there. You people want to live vicariously through other people's experiences. Then you get all pissy when you don't get your daily fix.

Look, i'm not against people sharing experiences, it's cool and it's nice. That's why we are here. Ask questions, and have questions answered. The issue is when you start condemning people for not giving you detailed account of their PPR experience. Most of the information gathered on here aren't from PPR experiences, they are from questions and answers to those questions.

So stop fooling yourself about the real reason short PPR stories annoy you. It's not about getting facts, it's about entertainment for most of you. I'm a live and let live kind of person. These people aren't hurting you, they aren't impeding you, they are simply posting freely on a free site. It is not in the place of you and your ilk to bully people over how much they choose to share about their experiences. It's very unnecessary and uncalled for.

You don't see any of this rubbish on CanadaVisa from other nationalities. Only Nigerians.

Ok, well noted. Do you, let others do them. What do you mean in the bolded? People like you go oversea and avoid your countrymen. I really dont get where you are driving at with this incoherent post. Just wait till I get ITA(not even PPR), U will see plenty rubbish when I share my story. All the best.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Youtook(f): 11:54am On Apr 27, 2019
@ifeoma77 that's how a colleague of yours showed up at the cinema! grin

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 11:59am On Apr 27, 2019
Yinkadar:
Hello newmum and all seniors ��....
Pls can someone advise on the best noc for a cash officer in a bank. I choose 1311, but sone of my friends said 1212 is better and more suitable. I also noticed that 1311 is in demand in sone province and I cant find 1212 in any province

Post your JD here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 12:02pm On Apr 27, 2019
Thank you very much for elaborating more. 12 years payslips Wawuu!!! Intimidate AVO with overproof grin

Prof will upgrade your score soon grin

All the best to you and your family.

Xbature:

Lesson learnt:
1.Power of unity (spouse agreeing and doing same on time, its time and chance o)
2.Ask for help and follow your gut. If you doubt your gut follow popular advice o, there is safety in multitude of counsel
3.Lastly, this thing will test your patience, if you think you don’t get frustrated easily, then this will prove it especially if your application is being handled by AVO. In all, trust God for his guidance and help, also do PM to able people some times if your question may sound ridiculous.

This write up was inspired by my spouse, I still like bullet point sha.

Best of luck to everyone, your PPR is a mail away, believe it and you shall have it.

Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2019
You think so? I know you and I wasn't even "virtually alive" on this thread when you were active here. Generations after you read and remember. Your comments live on grin grin grin

Hephgirl:
Wait wait how did u decipher only very few people know my moniker here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 12:20pm On Apr 27, 2019
Aww! grin grin I'm sure no one took it personal grin Truly you have paid your dues. I look forward to read your landing script in the sister thread grin

All the best to you and your family in your preparations.

ChyG:
Darn! Prof you harsh ooo.... tongue
I'm very sorry if this is how you perceive our situation. Most of us are under a lot of pressure right about now.
In my instance, my family and I have to land in Canada by May 29th as medicals are on the verge of expiration. Mine is a family of 4, so the move is a very big deal... planning and a whole lot of other things to do. Meanwhile COPR ain't yet in the bag. Have I mentioned flight and accommodation arrangement? It's a whole lot sir. Please bear with us. I already mentioned my EOR victory, IQAS, FBI PCC, Nigerian PCC from Port harcourt e.t.c in my older posts [ you see...It's not in my character to be a bad shild tongue]. AVO did us strong thing sha

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Felzy309: 12:34pm On Apr 27, 2019
I'm currently single, not in the pool yet, but I want to know.

If i get married post ITA and decided to add my husband

Will he still do wes evaluation and write ielts?

Please I'm asking because, i want to know if its mandatory, so he could start his own so as not to create delay

But i know dat marriage will be Nov and i must have been in the pool before then,

Someone should pls help me

Another thing is, he has been refused US visa last year
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2019
It depends on the CRS score. If you have a high score without his WES and ielts, he doesn't need to. If the score is low, then he needs to do it to boost your scores as a couple.

His visal refusal is not a problem as long as he admits it and is truthful about the reasons to avoid misrepresentation/omission. Read the immediate past PPR story despite the visa refusals.

Felzy309:

Please I'm asking because, i want to know if its mandatory, so he could start his own so as not to create delay

But i know dat marriage will be Nov and i must have been in the pool before then,

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Gec8: 12:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
I cant seem to login to my GCKey - says sight cant be reached. My internet is solid and i have restarted my laptop, all to no avail.

Please I need help/advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Walegy: 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2019
Morning All, I will be 4 months post AOR on Monday, I just remembered this morning that the PA has been denied Student Visa once before in 2017 but I didnt remember when i was filling the applcication as am the accompanying spouse and she didnt as well reminded me maybe she too forgot and I got to remember now due to our conversation. Though I have called CIC like thrice and they told me Eligibilty met, Criminality met, BG check ongoing but not finalized, security not started. I planned ordering GCMS notes on Monday to actually know what is a happening to the application. Pls what do u think I should do as per the student visa?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2019
The issue is with them. Can't sign in too. Give it some time and return back perhaps in few hours.

Gec8:
I cant seem to login to my GCKey - says sight cant be reached. My internet is solid and i have restarted my laptop, all to no avail.

Please I need help/advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ladymarshall: 1:05pm On Apr 27, 2019
Raise a CSE asap. Attach proof (the visa rejection letter, the form IMM5669E and LOE)

Walegy:
Morning All, I will be 4 months post AOR on Monday, I just remembered this morning that the PA has been denied Student Visa once before in 2017 but I didnt remember when i was filling the applcication as am the accompanying spouse and she didnt as well reminded me maybe she too forgot and I got to remember now due to our conversation. Though I have called CIC like thrice and they told me Eligibilty met, Criminality met, BG check ongoing but not finalized, security not started. I planned ordering GCMS notes on Monday to actually know what is a happening to the application. Pls what do u think I should do as per the student visa?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2019
Raise CSE. Better safe than sorry.

Which country denied the visa by the way?

Walegy:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Gec8: 1:09pm On Apr 27, 2019
ladymarshall:
The issue is with them. Can't sign in too. Give it some time and return back perhaps in few hours.

Okay Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 1:10pm On Apr 27, 2019
Post-ITA, pre-AOR: he might need to depending on your CRS score.

Post-AOR: he doesn't need to, but the marriage might face extra scrutiny.

Felzy309:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yuyukoko: 1:11pm On Apr 27, 2019
Just in case you can't find the rejection letter like me, attach a well worded LOE to the CSE.
Walegy:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Upton: 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2019
Ifeoma77:

There's no consequence abeg. Please quit that toxic environment
Thank you so much. This means I can actually quit and then inform CIC. I wont have to face going to AVO for an interview.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Upton: 1:15pm On Apr 27, 2019
joo2018:
Have you submitted your eAPR? When was your AOR?

No issues, as far as I know if you resign after AOR (if your PR application under Skilled Workers, EE FSW).

If you are concerned about ADR, get your payslips before you resign.

Thanks a lot. I am not worried about ADR. Just the possibility of going to Accra for interview like the case I read on one of these threads. Aside that, I am fine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Felzy309: 1:25pm On Apr 27, 2019
ladymarshall:
It depends on the CRS score. If you have a high score without his WES and ielts, he doesn't need to. If the score is low, then he needs to do it to boost your scores as a couple.

His visal refusal is not a problem as long as he admits it and is truthful about the reasons to avoid misrepresentation/omission. Read the immediate past PPR story despite the visa refusals.

Thank you so much

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (503)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.