Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,088 members, 7,811,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (857715 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 1:26pm On Apr 27, 2019
Fm90:
Thanks for your response.we will contact them on twitter.
you mean the evaluation bodies?
I think CIC would direct you to them
Not saying you shouldn't try
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Felzy309: 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2019
joo2018:
Post-ITA, pre-AOR: he might need to depending on your CRS score.

Post-AOR: he doesn't need to, but the marriage might face extra scrutiny.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ibrotee0: 1:34pm On Apr 27, 2019
mrhumandelis:

You should play with this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp. Evaluate with LRWS of 8 7 7 7 for the principal applicant and maybe 6 6 6 6 for the partner (see who has a better chance).

Please this site is not show space where you can put your spouse details, did anyone noticed? or it my browser
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by bouqounmie(f): 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2019
So i found this. I'll print and take with me to the bank.

iaatmguy:
b.ouqounmie Criteria for PTA according to CBN

-The applicant should be 18 years or older.
-Be able to provide a valid Nigerian passport
-Have an active account with the bank that will be providing you allowance.
-Your journey must be more than 5 hours
-Your flight must originate from Nigeria
-The trip must occur within 14 days from the day of purchase of PTA/BTA
-You must have verifiable Bank Verification Number [BVN]
-Travellers are entitled to only $4,000 or its equivalent per quarter(3month)
However, some banks and their officials tend to violate the laid down criteria due to corruption.
what i would suggest is to call them out on social media. (twitter preferably) copy the "copyables " IF THEY FAIL TO PROVIDE YOU with your request.

so far you have the above listed criteria, no bank has any excuse not to give.

here are some of the excuses they give not to oblige you
- they only give current account holder
-ask you to provide tax clearance of x number of years
-say they are out of FX
-intentionally delay till the two weeks elapses.
-They would say they don't give to one way ticket travellers.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by TFCfootball: 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2019
Hello house good afternoon.
I have a sibling who wants to migrate to Canada. She has just bachelors in history and diplomacy studies and she is a fashion designer (a tailor). Please what is the best route for her to migrate to Canada? Is there any province that has demand for tailors?

Should she get her masters first?

She attended college of education but left in penultimate year, so no degree was awarded. She also did a pre degree program.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
Walegy:
Morning All, I will be 4 months post AOR on Monday, I just remembered this morning that the PA has been denied Student Visa once before in 2017 but I didnt remember when i was filling the applcication as am the accompanying spouse and she didnt as well reminded me maybe she too forgot and I got to remember now due to our conversation. Though I have called CIC like thrice and they told me Eligibilty met, Criminality met, BG check ongoing but not finalized, security not started. I planned ordering GCMS notes on Monday to actually know what is a happening to the application. Pls what do u think I should do as per the student visa?

Forget what they told you on phone and raise CSE to tell them of your mistake. Before you do that, which country did the applicant apply Student Visa? All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Canadaforsure(f): 1:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
You got me. God should raise men among us

youngRx:

honestly, it's scary to imagine what this thread will be like in the next 10months sef. especially with this generation of participants that are unwilling to share detailed PPR stories and those that don't even see the importance of sharing one in the first place.
That anyone will even oppose the idea of making people share PPR gists, and still get likes for it, makes me shudder. The psychological effect of those stories in easing the rollercoaster of emotions associated with this journey alone is something I'll forever be grateful for.

Already, the greats are leaving one by one. Mighty Newmum and her unmatched NOC skills is gone...now it takes a whole team of seniors to help people decipher their NOC. something she does singlehandedly o....lolzz.

Link master Smslive, Tojued the guru, & IELTS master wasseynewest have japa'ed. You hardly see their posts. Page one master, uncle Joo, will follow. soon, lord Thanos ifeoma77 will fade away with a snap of her fingers & prof Ralph will follow suite.

i just pray my PPR lands before Ladymarshall , lord topsmamen and the few others sustaining this thread finally leave.

between, where's Tojued the great? she hasn't said Hi in a long time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2019
Xbature:

Best of luck to everyone, your PPR is a mail away, believe it and you shall have it.

Thank you all.
Congratulations to you and yours

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Hobyno: 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2019
Walegy:
Morning All, I will be 4 months post AOR on Monday, I just remembered this morning that the PA has been denied Student Visa once before in 2017 but I didnt remember when i was filling the applcication as am the accompanying spouse and she didnt as well reminded me maybe she too forgot and I got to remember now due to our conversation. Though I have called CIC like thrice and they told me Eligibilty met, Criminality met, BG check ongoing but not finalized, security not started. I planned ordering GCMS notes on Monday to actually know what is a happening to the application. Pls what do u think I should do as per the student visa?

GCMs might take like a month or more before u receive it I will suggest you raise CSE
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Brownie1003: 3:01pm On Apr 27, 2019
Hello fam,
Abeg help me answer ds question;

Can i claim experience with 2 orgs but same position?4 instance; i worked in a position 4 1 yr in a coy. Then got another job in d same position in another coy. Then worked 4 1yr 8mths. The reason is cos d latter is nt up to 2yrs. So i want to use both. Dunno if its acceptable.

Pls someone should helep me oooo. Wen se oo.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Walegy: 3:07pm On Apr 27, 2019
To all that has answered me.... Pls there's a little mistake. Pls see below.

Morning All, I will be 4 months post AOR on Monday, I just remembered this morning that the PA has been denied UK Student Visa once before in 2007 but I didnt remember when i was filling the applcication as am the accompanying spouse and she didnt as well reminded me maybe she too forgot and I got to remember now due to our conversation. Though I have called CIC like thrice and they told me Eligibilty met, Criminality met, BG check ongoing but not finalized, security not started. I planned ordering GCMS notes on Monday to actually know what is a happening to the application. Pls what do u think I should do as per the student visa?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Brownie1003: 3:11pm On Apr 27, 2019
I dont see ny mistake from wat u wrote earlier except that you included UK student visa. I may be wrong tho...
Walegy:
To all that has answered me.... Pls there's a little mistake. Pls see below.

Morning All, I will be 4 months post AOR on Monday, I just remembered this morning that the PA has been denied UK Student Visa once before in 2007 but I didnt remember when i was filling the applcication as am the accompanying spouse and she didnt as well reminded me maybe she too forgot and I got to remember now due to our conversation. Though I have called CIC like thrice and they told me Eligibilty met, Criminality met, BG check ongoing but not finalized, security not started. I planned ordering GCMS notes on Monday to actually know what is a happening to the application. Pls what do u think I should do as per the student visa?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 3:15pm On Apr 27, 2019
Yes, you can.

Brownie1003:
Hello fam,
Abeg help me answer ds question;

Can i claim experience with 2 orgs but same position?4 instance; i worked in a position 4 1 yr in a coy. Then got another job in d same position in another coy. Then worked 4 1yr 8mths. The reason is cos d latter is nt up to 2yrs. So i want to use both. Dunno if its acceptable.

Pls someone should helep me oooo. Wen se oo.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by yemblaze(f): 3:33pm On Apr 27, 2019
Sorry i don't have the mail anymore in my sent items..just send a mail to records@unilag.edu.ng.

All the best.

amoskitto:

Thanks a lot for the advise. Please who did you send the stinker to (email address)? If it is not too much trouble, please share with me a sample of the email you sent to pauricole@gmail.com.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:37pm On Apr 27, 2019
know:
Hello fam, I'm a lady that started my canadian process as single. I just got married this April but my biometrics and medicals have already been done and background checks have commenced. I have already discussed with hubby and we concluded that I should finish my processing as a single and land in Canada first as POF for two will increase. Then start processing as a married for him when I have settled in. My question is, hope it won't affect anything, what if I get pregnant, and how long does it take after landing to file for spousal support. Please advise house.
When IRCC said you should inform them of changes in your family configuration, it wasn't a suggestion. You don't have a choice in the matter, if you hide it, they will find out, revoke your PR status, slap you with a ban and ship you back to Nigeria.
Please raise that CSE asap and go hunting for the extra POF

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2019
Youtook:

Tried that. Won't work. Numbers only.
Wow. What of 1.6 grin
Or just use 2
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by mrhumandelis: 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2019
ibrotee0:

Please this site is not show space where you can put your spouse details, did anyone noticed? or it my browser

Ensure you fill the initial parts like the image below

then you would see point 11 - 13.

Hope this helps

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by youngRx(m): 3:41pm On Apr 27, 2019
iaatmguy:

the baton will be passed to you naa grin. t.ojued is busy packing ata gungun and crayfish. grin grin

laslas "wee wee" be alright. hence we need to cultivate the habit of giving.

lolz..me ke? you'll be pleasantly surprised.

ok ooo...greet her for us. shebi you're the one doing the packing for her....lolzzgrin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Brownie1003: 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2019
Thanks for the response.
joo2018:
Yes, you can.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by OristeFab: 3:44pm On Apr 27, 2019
Topsmamen:

Thank for the response.

Reviewed. Your JD fits NOC 2133.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:47pm On Apr 27, 2019
joo2018:
grin grin
Just take a look at this dude;
Naturally occurring horns crown cheesy
Eyes to die for...literally
Nose like a Roman god
Lips carved by angels.
His royal yumminess...
A villain worth cheering for, cool as a frozen cucumber, never breaks a sweat, never taken by surprise, never lost a battle.
Just calm steady ruthless annihilation
kiss

<runs away>

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2019
Upton:

Thank you so much. This means I can actually quit and then inform CIC. I wont have to face going to AVO for an interview.
No you won't Abeg. It isn't a crime to quit a job.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2019
TFCfootball:
Hello house good afternoon.
I have a sibling who wants to migrate to Canada. She has just bachelors in history and diplomacy studies and she is a fashion designer (a tailor). Please what is the best route for her to migrate to Canada? Is there any province that has demand for tailors?

Should she get her masters first?

She attended college of education but left in penultimate year, so no degree was awarded. She also did a pre degree program.
If it's not too late, she should see if she can finish up that college of education degree. BSc is not enough
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:55pm On Apr 27, 2019
youngRx:

honestly, it's scary to imagine what this thread will be like in the next 10months sef. especially with this generation of participants that are unwilling to share detailed PPR stories and those that don't even see the importance of sharing one in the first place.
That anyone will even oppose the idea of making people share PPR gists, and still get likes for it, makes me shudder. The psychological effect of those stories in easing the rollercoaster of emotions associated with this journey alone is something I'll forever be grateful for.

Already, the greats are leaving one by one. Mighty Newmum and her unmatched NOC skills is gone...now it takes a whole team of seniors to help people decipher their NOC. something she does singlehandedly o....lolzz.

Link master Smslive, Toj.ued the guru, & IELTS master wasseynewest have japa'ed. You hardly see their posts. Page one master, uncle Joo, will follow. soon, lord Thanos ifeo.ma77 will fade away with a snap of her fingers & prof Ralph will follow suite.

i just pray my PPR lands before Ladym.arshall , lord tops.mamen and the few others sustaining this thread finally leave.

between, where's To.jued the great? she hasn't said Hi in a long time.
OMG!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
Yuyukoko:
1st attempt - 2005 ( study permit denied, Lagos)
2nd attempt - 2014 (visitor's visa denied, Lagos)
3rd attempt - 2015 ( study permit denied, Lagos)
4th attempt - 2017 ( study permit denied, London)
5th attempt - 2018 ( permanent residency approved baby!)

Timeline :

AOR :September 23, 2018
Biometrics : October 23, 2018
Teary day in between when I realized file was in Accra.
ADR : The famous 5. Submitted March 10.
PPR: April 23, 2019. It finally came in the mid of a meeting. I was just looking at them all and writing my resignation mentally.

This morning, we have begun searching for flights. And I'm beyond grateful and dazed by God. I'm finally going to school in Canada. And it's on the best visa I could imagine ...

Morale:

Pray to God. He's alive.

Don't stop dreaming, you have no idea how many conversations I've had with Canadian professors and friends in my head.

While waiting, get better. Stay prepared. I honestly made alot of decisions considering my baggage in kg, if it will be useful in Canada...

Pray to God . He better be involved every step of the way.

Ask questions. Stay informed. Seek for answers. Seek for help...

Stay hopeful and positive. All those shit refusals are over now!

Pray to God. Thank Him. It's time for Thanksgiving. Whether you've received yours or not.

Thank you fam. Loads of love from a clinic, someone thinks a baby is on the way...
Amazing testimony!!! Congrats and congrats wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2019
Xbature:

PPR
When we hit six months, frustration almost set in but we decided to live our life especially with the funny timeline you see with AVO.
Then an update came in on 18th April 2019 that background has started and one cool morning around 10am while having breakfast on a post easter break, the golden mail came on 24th April 2019.

I want to thank everyone once again, I will like to mention @ joo2.018, @ ms.modi, @ ex.quisef, @ Jose.fuadjr, @ Ra.mj, @ dak.s02, @ Newmu.m0615, @ Peg.zzyg, @Ifeo.ma77, @ de.Timo, @ flyb.oi1 thanks guys.
Total time from AOR to PPR was 6 months plus 2 weeks
Lesson learnt:
1.Power of unity (spouse agreeing and doing same on time, its time and chance o)
2.Ask for help and follow your gut. If you doubt your gut follow popular advice o, there is safety in multitude of counsel
3.Lastly, this thing will test your patience, if you think you don’t get frustrated easily, then this will prove it especially if your application is being handled by AVO. In all, trust God for his guidance and help, also do PM to able people some times if your question may sound ridiculous.

This write up was inspired by my spouse, I still like bullet point sha.

Best of luck to everyone, your PPR is a mail away, believe it and you shall have it.

Thank you all.
Wow!!!! Big big congratulations again and twale to your spouse!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Vancouver4(f): 4:30pm On Apr 27, 2019
Amakyzuu:
Good day guys... Chukwu emekwala ka osi eme... He has blessed me beyond measures... He has put a smile on my face...

ITA - June 25, 2018
AOR - July 13, 2018
MEP /IP1 - August 2, 2018
IP2 - November 5, 2018
PPR - November 20,2018
Visa Office : Ottawa.
Thank God for this group for our joint prayers and moral support...

Congrats babe!!!

This ur story is a big inspiration to us... God bless u and hubby!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by dialinn: 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2019
Ifeoma77:

When IRCC said you should inform them of changes in your family configuration, it wasn't a suggestion. You don't have a choice in the matter, if you hide it, they will find out, revoke your PR status, slap you with a ban and ship you back to Nigeria.
Please raise that CSE asap and go hunting for the extra POF

Gbam! and direct to the point. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2019
Haha cheesy grin cheesy

Canada ain't seen nothing yet.

Ifeoma77:

grin grin
Nose like a Roman god
Lips carved by angels.
His royal yumminess...
A villain worth cheering for, cool as a frozen cucumber, never breaks a sweat, never taken by surprise, never lost a battle.
kiss

<runs away>

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 4:42pm On Apr 27, 2019
Ifeoma77:

grin grin
Nose like a Roman god
Lips carved by angels.
His royal yumminess...
kiss

<runs away>

See famzing o! grin

Ifeoma, abeg! abeg! abeg! You cannot comman be serving 2 masters. Biko stick with your agbaya Thanos grin angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by EyesondPrize: 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2019
Well, someone did that and already has PPR. The person shared her timeline here.

NB: This is not to convince anyone to do so without research .

kfrosh:
Nobody has used one semester evaluation from WES to claim two or more certificates. You attempt this, your application gets rejected as your CRS scores will be re-calculated. If WES does not evaluate whatever certificate as a one year college certificate, begin to look elsewhere.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.