Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (862910 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:22pm On Apr 26, 2019
jsquire:
Hello Everyone,

Please i need some answers for a friend. Her situation is quite uncommon.

She has 3 elder siblings in Canada who entered illegally (They crossed the border between US and Canada) for reasons best known to them and are now refugees in Canada. One of them just recently got her invitation to apply for PR with her 3 kids, after her court hearing while the others are awaiting court hearing.

Now she is afraid this situation might affect her application, because she recently applied for a visiting visa with her parents. Unfortunately, she was denied but her parents were granted visas. Denial was based on their lack of conviction that she would come back to nigeria after her visit despite the fact that she has been to other countries more 13 times (US, UK, Dubai etc); schooled in the UK and yet she never overstayed.

Now she's really confused on what to do. She also feels that her siblings in Canada might have influenced their decision because she listed their names in the family information section of her application. Please what can she do about this?

Will this be a problem for her? Thanks.
This is not a problem. She is not responsible for her siblings illegality, she should go ahead with her own EE journey

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Fm90(f): 11:23pm On Apr 26, 2019
Goodevening house..please i need help on a particular issue..is there anyone who has successfully evaluated f1 to f3 acca recently with wes and has gotten it as diploma as a friend who wrote his under 5month got his acca evaluated as just a semester course. In order to increase our score hubby resulted to writing Acca and he's about to write the third stage now under a spacing of 5month.We are really worried we might not get ours as diploma also when we evaluate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:23pm On Apr 26, 2019
ladymarshall:
OMG!!! Just did!!! So so cool cheesy grin

Debsify:
very cool cool
grin I played way too much with this today grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:24pm On Apr 26, 2019
Amakyzuu:
Good day guys... Chukwu emekwala ka osi eme... He has blessed me beyond measures... He has put a smile on my face...

ITA - June 25, 2018
AOR - July 13, 2018
MEP /IP1 - August 2, 2018
IP2 - November 5, 2018
PPR - November 20,2018
Visa Office : Ottawa.
Transferred to Accra VO: still don't know the date but I found out in February.
Hubby works in the Navy. After a lot of research on timelines for military personnel, we decided to go on with the addition with FAITH instead of sponsoring later.

Got married: November 26, 2018
Raised CSE to add spouse: November 27, 2018
CIC response: November 28, 2018
Submitted spouse application: December 15, 2018 (a few documents had poor visual quality due to shrinking)
ADR for Schedule A, IMM5406 and IMM0008 due to poor visual quality: December 17, 2018
Submitted: December 17, 2018
ADR for Spouse's medicals: December 21, 2018
Went back to hospital got new e medical and submitted: December 24, 2018
Spouse medicals passed: December 29, 2018
PPR: april 26,3019
Wow! Double congratulations!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:25pm On Apr 26, 2019
Stencil:
lol I know right! haha I read and re-read.. the formatting, the example... I really tried but I just couldn't. grin grin
cheesy cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
TemiGee:
Chai, I like this lady... I use to like Ifeom.a77's before, now it's @Ladymars.hall lolz

Hehehehehehehe I like her too, she is doing the Lord's work

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:31pm On Apr 26, 2019
Youtook:
Good evening everyone. Please, I need help. For those whose second degree was more than 1 year but less than 2, what did you input in the "total years of study" field when creating a profile? My Msc was 1 year 6 months & it says it has to be numerical.

Cc; @jo.o2018 @topsm.amen @ifeom.a77
I can't remember what i wrote tbh but what if you write it in months? As in 18 months?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 26, 2019
Amakyzuu:
Good day guys... Chukwu emekwala ka osi eme... He has blessed me beyond measures... He has put a smile on my face...

ITA - June 25, 2018
AOR - July 13, 2018
IP2 - November 5, 2018
PPR - November 20,2018
support...
Congratulations. May Canada favour you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:39pm On Apr 26, 2019
Topsmamen:
Guys, it's okay to make our points known but it's equally important to know that opinions shouldn't be forced as everyone has different levels of perception. We should also understand that our opinions are as important as that of the other person, none is more important than the other.

There's no right or wrong here. So please, let's chill and enjoy what's left of the time we have. We won't all be here forever. Group hug people!

Ehen @Ifeo.ma77 and @ladym.arshall. Come and help me with this puzzle i've been racking my brain in trying to solve jare.

Who's stronger between Thanos and the Night King? The former cannot do without the infinity stones and the latter is powerless under hot sun.
*runs away*
Thanos cannot hold a candle to the night king!! I am actually rooting for him grin grin Every other person in Westeros is forming smart, quoting proverbs, scheming, bickering and claiming to be protector of the andals and first men. My guy is just carrying out his bada$$ mission without saying a word, killing everybody and looking sexy while doing it cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Fm90(f): 11:42pm On Apr 26, 2019
cry cry cry
Fm90:
Goodevening house..please i need help on a particular issue..is there anyone who has successfully evaluated f1 to f3 acca recently with wes and has gotten it as diploma as a friend who wrote his under 5month got his acca evaluated as just a semester course. In order to increase our score hubby resulted to writing Acca and he's about to write the third stage now under a spacing of 5month.We are really worried we might not get ours as diploma also when we evaluate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Xbature: 12:22am On Apr 27, 2019
Xbature:
Its PPR!!!.

Timeline:
ITA: September 2018
AOR: October 2018
MEP/BIL: September 2018
Biometrics: November 2018
IP1 ADR which is the famous AVO 5: 9th March, 2019
IP2 Update: 18th April, 2019
PPR: 24th April, 2019

The story is not long, but interesting. One of the best part of English exam i liked when in Secondary school is summary so i will summarize shortly.

Thanks to this forum for the encouragement and info i wish i can list everyone's name, thanks guys. For other waiting, yours is so close just hold on to hope.
Thanks

Thanks to every comment on Long or short story, it shouldn't cause fight or bitterness, abeg we all will achieve our goals. It’s a matter of time and patience.

In the short script I posted earlier I said I will we back for summary. I guess my statement wasn’t understood.

We decided to relocate 2014, and applied for the FSW paper based then, my spouse (just like dem put am for the application) was the primary applicant. We couldn’t get in because by the time the application got to its destination, the cap was already filled up. So fast forward to 2017. My spouse again encouraged me that we should apply but mennnn I just said ok although not totally keen. In February 2017 she did IELTS, and got R8, W8, S7.5 & L7, well me Not really into that as at then because career is going great. But when I saw that with the little comfort you have in this country, many things will not allow person to even enjoy am small, I began considering relocation and did IELTS in February 2018. No serious reading or prep but got S8.5, R7.5, L6 & W6. My spouse was principal applicant so WES that was done since 2014 was still valid but preliminary CRS score was 405(not in the pool yet). I put in for my WES in April 2018 and as my spouse also had siblings in Canada, that made the CRS mark to go up, but still hovers around 420
In June, we realized that we can use her post graduate as well to improve the score, we quickly applied for WES in May 2018 for that and surprisingly it came out exactly 6 weeks later while mine was still being awaited. We sha enter the pool in July 2018 while waiting for mine and score was I 436. On 25th August 2018, mine came back too and we quickly updated it and our score came to 446.

ITA
The very next draw which was some days after specifically on the 5th September 2018 we got ITA because the cut off was CRS440. The journey began in earnest.

POF
Well this one wasn’t any issue at all. We used mutual funds in my spouse name as per principal applicant since March 2018, then had another fund in FD and others as cash in the account. It was more than what they requested. For the POF letter, I had contacts in house in the bank we used, and they wrote the POF letter exactly the way we have been advised, so also the mutual funds too in the exact format I saw online used by someone in the past.

Medicals
We went for medicals immediately the ITA came out and schedule one in Abuja, and by 25th September 2018 it came out.

AOR
This one stress me because my spouse wanted us to tell them everything in the LOE but me I feel we should just give basic info if they need more they will ask. We ended up giving all the required documents and explanation including pay slip from each year for spouse work experience(12 years), promotion letters, the supervisor wrote the work experience or should I say we drafted it and the supervisor signed it , wetin else oooo, anything that may raise questions, ehh ehn bulk payments was explained and even printed the place it came from just to prove that it wasn’t targeted towards boosting of POF but just normal transaction we do monthly as a family. So sha we submitted this on 15th October 2018, and was acknowledged same day.

Biometrics
This was done on the 13th November 2018, and was ok
WAITING BEGAN
The waiting began, at this point my spouse had to resign from her work due to the pressure its putting on health and me too changed job. We considered informing them but in the long run we didn’t as the earlier ones hasn’t been responded to. We ordered for GCMS in January 2019, called the CIC customer care, and got the news that our application has been moved to Accra since November 2018. Well we didn’t know much about the AVO until we started seeing people’s compliant about how slow they were, but like person get choice

ADR
The famous 5 request from AVO came on the 9th of March 2019, we responded to them on the 16th March 2019. We sent in 10 years payslip (like I said my spouse is a very detail person and like following to the letter infact if not because we couldn’t reduce the size further we could have sent in the whole 12 years), 6 years statement of account highlighting the salaries with a marker, for each of the request, we attached a LOE. We attached the fixed deposits that has expired and the current one and got our bank to write the same letter again to them in respect to POF.

PPR
When we hit six months, frustration almost set in but we decided to live our life especially with the funny timeline you see with AVO.
Then an update came in on 18th April 2019 that background has started and one cool morning around 10am while having breakfast on a post easter break, the golden mail came on 24th April 2019.

I want to thank everyone once again, I will like to mention @ joo2018, @ msmodi, @ exquisef, @ Josefuadjr, @ Ramj, @ daks02, @ Newmum0615, @ Pegzzyg, @Ifeoma77, @ deTimo, @ flyboi1 thanks guys.
Total time from AOR to PPR was 6 months plus 2 weeks
Lesson learnt:
1.Power of unity (spouse agreeing and doing same on time, its time and chance o)
2.Ask for help and follow your gut. If you doubt your gut follow popular advice o, there is safety in multitude of counsel
3.Lastly, this thing will test your patience, if you think you don’t get frustrated easily, then this will prove it especially if your application is being handled by AVO. In all, trust God for his guidance and help, also do PM to able people some times if your question may sound ridiculous.

This write up was inspired by my spouse, I still like bullet point sha.

Best of luck to everyone, your PPR is a mail away, believe it and you shall have it.

Thank you all.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 12:31am On Apr 27, 2019
wisdom77:

Have you confirmed that banks give PTA for a one way ticket?

The CBN doesn't say they shouldn't, so yeah they do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by GozyNA: 12:44am On Apr 27, 2019
iaatmguy:

However, some banks and their officials tend to violate the laid down criteria due to corruption.
what i would suggest is to call them out on social media. (twitter preferably) copy the "copyables " IF THEY FAIL TO PROVIDE YOU with your request.

so far you have the above listed criteria, no bank has any excuse not to give.

here are some of the excuses they give not to oblige you
- they only give current account holder
-ask you to provide tax clearance of x number of years
-say they are out of FX
-intentionally delay till the two weeks elapses.

You're so correct. Social media is even long thing. By the time you make noise in the branch and ask them to show you the circular from CBN that says they shouldn't give holders of a one-way ticket FX, the money will come out by force.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Geetaybeks: 12:48am On Apr 27, 2019
Xbature:

Thanks to every comment on Long or short story, it shouldn't cause fight or bitterness, abeg we all will achieve our goals. It’s a matter of time and patience.

In the short script I posted earlier I said I will we back

This write up was inspired by my spouse, I still like bullet point sha.

Best of luck to everyone, your PPR is a mail away, believe it and you shall have it.

Thank you all.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 1:52am On Apr 27, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Yakay: 2:15am On Apr 27, 2019
Mstomie:
Bank will only give you PTA if you have a return ticket.

This is not true, its normal for most banks to give excuses, some will give without objection while others will oblige when you insist. No rule/law states you must have a return ticket to access PTA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by iaatmguy(m): 2:18am On Apr 27, 2019
GozyNA:

You're so correct. Social media is even long thing. By the time you make noise in the branch and ask them to show you the circular from CBN that says they shouldn't give holders of a one-way ticket FX, the money will come out by force.
thanks, infact I forgot to add it as one of their alibi for not giving
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Scandinavian02: 5:44am On Apr 27, 2019
Yakay:

This is not true, its normal for most banks to give excuses, some will give without objection while others will oblige when you insist. No rule/law states you must have a return ticket to access PTA.

What if they say they don't have FX?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Canadaforsure(f): 6:19am On Apr 27, 2019
I ignored that part. I got 2 report sheets

Canadahome:
Pls, for those that used ICES, where they asked for permission to release once personal information and they ask for the organization name, relationship with the organization.

what is the best way to fill this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Canadaforsure(f): 6:42am On Apr 27, 2019
I don't know how we determine it but this sounds like page 1 material.

Congrats sis. Go prosper.

Amakyzuu:

ITA - June 25, 2018
AOR - July 13, 2018
IP2 - November 5, 2018
PPR - November 20,2018
Transferred to Accra VO: still don't know the date but I found out in February.
Hubby works in the Navy. After a lot of research on timelines for military personnel, we decided to go on with the addition with FAITH instead of sponsoring later.

Got married: November 26, 2018
Raised CSE to add spouse: November 27, 2018
CIC response: November 28, 2018
Submitted spouse application: December 15, 2018 (a few documents had poor visual quality due to shrinking)
ADR for Schedule A, IMM5406 and IMM0008 due to poor visual quality: December 17, 2018
Submitted: December 17, 2018
ADR for Spouse's medicals: December 21, 2018
Went back to hospital got new e medical and submitted: December 24, 2018
Spouse medicals passed: December 29, 2018
PPR: april 26,3019

1. Thanks to everyone on this thread. Started the Canada journey in 2017 after so many years of trying to get scholarships to study abroad.

I surrendered all to God... Told Him not to put me to shame cos trust me, thoughts were coming as to why I didn't just go and sponsor later... As worries set in I raised cse and wrote a painful piece, they replied saying they'll try to make it faster but I should forward all enquires directly to AVO.... I sent same message to AVO and till now I didn't get a reply... Till now my GCMS note hasn't come... Thank God for this group for our joint prayers and moral support...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by flgd: 6:43am On Apr 27, 2019
People have used one semester evaluation and gotten their ppr.. if in doubt you can ask CIC via their twitter account if one semester evaluation can be used for two or more certificates.
Fm90:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Youtook(f): 6:55am On Apr 27, 2019
Ifeoma77:

I can't remember what i wrote tbh but what if you write it in months? As in 18 months?

Tried that. Won't work. Numbers only.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Youtook(f): 6:56am On Apr 27, 2019
Topsmamen:

Should be 2 years.

Really? Even when it wasn't up to 2 years? I dey fear these people o! grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Airn: 6:57am On Apr 27, 2019
jelmusboy:
Can someone please tell me how to apply for passport at Abeokuta or Lagos, with the price.

I only know about Abeokuta. I met with an officer there who helps us with our passports, and I was able to get it that same day. I paid 35k or so..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Youtook(f): 7:13am On Apr 27, 2019
Topsmamen:

Lol. I meant have you googled "Thanos" and clicked his gauntlet on the right hand side of the page? Try it on a PC, the effects are more visible.

Just had to go check this out. Nice!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Hephgirl: 7:18am On Apr 27, 2019
Awww thanks alot
wisdom77:

PPR is almost here just hang in there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Hephgirl: 7:19am On Apr 27, 2019
Wait wait how did u decipher only very few people know my moniker here.
bouqounmie:
Hephgirl has been busy making noise upandan somewhere else tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Hephgirl: 7:20am On Apr 27, 2019
Chai.... Oya o... I'm a changed person.
iaatmguy:
it will come soon. but why did you leave us hungry, thirsty, yearning for you? please don't do that again

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by raphrulz: 7:23am On Apr 27, 2019
I am always excited when I update the "Hall of Fame" on page 1...

I love the fact that every day or week i come to this thread, I always need to engrave new accounts on the Hall of Fame.

It excites me so much...

My prayer is that this part 7 will record the highest number of PPR that this entire thread has ever experienced in the past.

Good luck fam... and never give up.

Your Canadian dream is coming to fulfillment soon!

#SaturdayMotivation

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by know: 7:27am On Apr 27, 2019
Hello fam, I'm a lady that started my canadian process as single. I just got married this April but my biometrics and medicals have already been done and background checks have commenced. I have already discussed with hubby and we concluded that I should finish my processing as a single and land in Canada first as POF for two will increase. Then start processing as a married for him when I have settled in. My question is, hope it won't affect anything, what if I get pregnant, and how long does it take after landing to file for spousal support. Please advise house.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 27, 2019
Fm90:

1 semester can be used. You can confirm on cic Twitter handle

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (503)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.