Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,803 members, 7,827,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (865230 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Edmontonlad(m): 7:30pm On Apr 29, 2019
Please i have a question.

How does IRCC know the right amount I have in my account if not from the SOA I show them?
Because having worked in a bank, I know banks have customer confidentiality. They are never going to reveal if Mr. A has account with them let alone what's in Mr. A's account.

So how do they do it?

I need to prove to someone that's it's not obtainable unless the person is declared WANTED or due to an ACT OF FRAUD.

My question looks stupid but if you know, please clear us because I am sure some of us want to ask but don't know how to.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by TheduchessLily: 7:31pm On Apr 29, 2019
smslive2:
This week, we shall gather to celebrate YOU. Your expectations shall not be cut short in Jesus Name.
I miss you all, sorry i have been missing in action.

Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Avidreader748: 7:39pm On Apr 29, 2019
Luceecarter:

hello,
please im trying to pay with GTbank card but it keeps failing,
please help

Make sure your address is same as one on your account. From address to phone number to email. Nothing must change.

Then use a system. Don't use a phone.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Marula: 7:43pm On Apr 29, 2019
Stencil:
In this case you just need to evaluate your highest degree, which is your Masters.
Thanks. Chai! See how I've wasted money that I don't have. I included BSC in WES Application. Also gave out money for BSC transcript application. Let me run and see what amount I can still salvage.

The you MUST evaluate SSCE made me think all Certificate levels are a must.

@kingspaco thanks for your response too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Louie36: 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2019
It's PPR Guys....As usual, long post alert!

My timeline is below ..

Decision to travel:

In 2017, A good friend of mine couldn’t attend my wedding and He promised me he will make it up to me by giving me the best wedding gift ever. As usual, I was just like…story!
He then went on to tell me about the whole express entry thing and said to me that if I just start this process by the time I have my PPR I will acknowledge that this information surpasses all the gifts I will remember getting at my wedding. Lo and behold….He was right!

Although I was not too sure I wanted to relocate cos life was good for us here and I was in the final stages of finishing our own home. So I was always like…will I not live in this house that I spent years building? My wife just said we should do it for our unborn kids so we can give birth to them there. And so the journey began.

1st ECA: IQAS October 2017. I sent my MBA documents to IQAS from the school I did my MBA with in India. This was after I spent 3 months trying to get the school to send the documents to IQAS. December 2017 I got a credit alert of the application fee returned back to my account because they said the school was not in their list of accredited universities.

2nd ECA: WES December 2017 I switched to WES but this time I chose to use my first degree so no stories go dey. With the verification (Nigerian University) wahala I eventually concluded that in July 2018.

IELTS: July 2018 LSRW 8876.5. Applied for remark but it stayed the same. After using the CRS score calculator we realized there was no way we could hit above 440 with me as the PA. Hence my wife became the PA and enrolled for IELTS in the same month. With limited time to prepare and being 7 months pregnant I didn’t think she will pull through. I remember telling her to wee before starting the exam cos she won’t be able to do that during the exam. But, well what can I say...

Her IELTS: December 2018 LSRW 8.5897.5
ECA: This was where UniBen showed us pepper with strike mata it took Eight months to get that one sorted out.

CRS Score: 441
ITA: 22nd August 2018
AOR: 15th September 2018
Long silence
And then the worst happened. We had moved into our home in August and one day on my way back from work I was kidnapped. After the ordeal we moved out of the house and that was the moment when I realized that I had to leave this country. It wasn’t a matter of doing it for the kids anymore. The same house I was clinging to I wasn’t able to live in for up to 3 months.

GCMS notes: January 2018 (looked ok, sent an email to ralph and he told us that nothing had been started)
ADR: March 21st 2019 by this time madam was preggy with baby number 2 and we knew we couldn’t have the baby in Canada. Now we were hoping the PPR will come after the birth of our baby so we can add the new born to our profile.

23rd April: PPR
24th of April: Our baby arrives

We quickly hustled birth certificate and informed Accra about our new born on the same day. We got a response to submit all additional documents for baby within 30days.
We were not sure if we were to expect another PPR for the 4 of us so I delayed this announcement but we just got confirmation that we are to upload the baby’s documents and send all passports to Accra before that date.
I want to thank everyone on this
Thread…I have been a silent reader from the beginningbut I have gained much information from the folks here. Thank you all.

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 8:08pm On Apr 29, 2019
Only a minor correction, you can't change your profile after ITA unless you decline it.

Marula:

Am a newbie but have read a lot on previous threads, this one and CIC website. Yes you can update your profile while still in the pool even after ITA if you want but if update affects your CRS that's where the gbege is. But adding a Masters will actually give you more points, that's a positive update.

Elders correct me if am wrong please.

electroTech:

Thanks bro. I'm grateful

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 8:14pm On Apr 29, 2019
Congrats. May you excel in your new home.

denzel3:

Glorified is God and Praised is He. Glorified is God, the most great
It’s PPR !!!! Still looks a dream to me. I have been a voracious reader of this thread and won’t be exaggerating when I say I probably won’t have gotten PPR without the wealth of knowledge obtained here. Below is my timeline.

PPR: 16th April 2019
VO: Ottawa
Single applicant

Congrats. It has ended in praise. May you prosper in your new land.

dislat:
PEEPEE-ARGH

TIMELINE

APRIL 26: IP2

APRIL 29: PEEE-PEEE-ARRR

VO: AVO

Family of 3

Congrats on the PPR. Thank God for preserving you during the ordeal and congrats on your baby. May you find peace and prosperity in your new home.

Louie36:
It's PPR Guys....As usual, long post alert!

My timeline is below ..

And then the worst happened. We had moved into our home in August and one day on my way back from work I was kidnapped. After the ordeal we moved out of the house and that was the moment when I realized that I had to leave this country. It wasn’t a matter of doing it for the kids anymore. The same house I was clinging to I wasn’t able to live in for up to 3 months.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 8:15pm On Apr 29, 2019
Eeyah.

All the best in this attempt.

funshobabs:
Got my EOR today after about 8 long days lol. Result remained unchanged. It was only after I applied I knew it wasn't going to change. Well las las, BC is better than MOD for me. Las las it will end in praise. Ielts second attempt. Going for my final attempt IJN.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ologunsunny: 8:16pm On Apr 29, 2019
saidato:
@ologunsunny can u pls send me ur number to add u on whatsapp because i have some questions to ask regarding SINP or you whatsapp me on this number 08063926116 and my email address is saidat.bolaogun@gmail.com

Message sent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by manlikegb: 8:18pm On Apr 29, 2019
Topsmamen:

Your duties match with NOC 1221.

Thanks for your time bro, I do appreciate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by manlikegb: 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2019
joo2018:
You are good to go with 1221.

Thank you bro, God bless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 8:23pm On Apr 29, 2019
I'm leaning towards 1123.

ans123:
Dear all ......please help decipher this NOC for a friend
Although the role has manager attached to it, it really not a managerial role as she reports to a Head.

Role: Product Manager -USSD Transfers

Develop and manage Retail & SME payments on the USSD Banking channel.

2 Deploy campaigns and drive awareness to migrate the Banks Retail & SME customers to self-service banking.

3 Liaising with Technology Team to ensure consistent customer service on the channel.

4 Liaising with Corporate communications Team to review and obtain approved marketing messages for customer engagements. 

5  Spearheading awareness among Staff for the USSD Banking transfer product (via intranet, emails or memos).

6 Preparing USSD Banking transfer reports for both internal and external stakeholders. 

7 Ensure sales target on product is achieved and aligns with agreed financial indices.

8 Providing first level support for resolving USSD Banking transfer issues. 

9 Training/monitoring of in branch ambassadors (temporary staff) who work in south east & south south branches to educate walk in         

customers on USSD Banking transfer.

10 Preparing the financials for the team.

11 Reconciling and processing of payments to third party vendors.

12 Any other duties or functions assigned by the Unit/Group head. 

She is looking at 6235, 1114 and 0124. @Topmamen, @Ladymarshall, @Joo etc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AzariahYaa: 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2019
Wow! Wonderful stories from all recent PPR clinchers!!!May Canada favour you all! We are right behind you!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by 55emem55: 8:42pm On Apr 29, 2019
Congratulations everyone.
Such beautiful PPR stories to behold.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by johnnybravo1990: 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2019
ketutheo:
Good Evening, Please I will like to know if I can do my Medicals before I am invited to apply. Although I haven't been invited but I am hopeful. Can I do my Medicals in Nigeria while my Wife and Son in Sweden do theirs there, will it been ok or I should ask them to come home so we do it together. I am the principal applicant. Does my wife and son also need the Police certificate or just me. Thank you

Please why do you want to leave Sweden for Canada? I used to think the Scandinavian countries(Sweden, Norway, Finland) were more pleasurable to live in when compared to Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 8:57pm On Apr 29, 2019
2. You can do your medicals separately, in different countries.

3. You, your wife (and if your son is 18yrs and above) will need to do medicals for any country that have stayed in the last 10yrs for at least 6 months in a row. See this.

ketutheo:
Good Evening, Please I will like to know if I can do my Medicals before I am invited to apply. Although I haven't been invited but I am hopeful. Can I do my Medicals in Nigeria while my Wife and Son in Sweden do theirs there, will it been ok or I should ask them to come home so we do it together. I am the principal applicant. Does my wife and son also need the Police certificate or just me. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by MumtotheBeloved: 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2019
Congratulations Dislat! I’d like to ask how you contacted CIC to open your Cancelled Application
I didn’t think that option was available
My application was cancelled

[quote author=dislat post=77961558]PEEPEE-ARGH

TIMELINE

IELTS: 20/01/2018

ECA : 23/06/2018

EE profile created: 23/06/2018

CRS: 461

ITA: 25/06/2018 (Draw 93 @449)

AOR: 26/06/2018

ADR1: JULY 11( ECA REPORT), Uploaded same day.

JULY 13: APPLICATION CANCELLED. I uploaded ECA letter that I received from PEBC instead of ECA report.

JULY 14: I applied for ECA report.

SEPT. 2: ECA REPORT RECEIVED

SEPTEMBER 5: Second ITA @440

SEPTEMBER 11: AOR

SEPTEMBER 12: Contacted CIC about reopening of the cancelled application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by shege45: 9:03pm On Apr 29, 2019
Edmontonlad:
Please i have a question.

How does IRCC know the right amount I have in my account if not from the SOA I show them?
Because having worked in a bank, I know banks have customer confidentiality. They are never going to reveal if Mr. A has account with them let alone what's in Mr. A's account.

So how do they do it?

I need to prove to someone that's it's not obtainable unless the person is declared WANTED or due to an ACT OF FRAUD.

My question looks stupid but if you know, please clear us because I am sure some of us want to ask but don't know how to.

what is there to prove? Tell the person,its his/her business to believe or not. Unless you want to prove to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Josefuadjr: 9:25pm On Apr 29, 2019
MumtotheBeloved:
Congratulations Dislat! I’d like to ask how you contacted CIC to open your Cancelled Application

Yikes! Why? I remember your passport or hubby's had date of birth issues. Was that the reason?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Luceecarter: 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2019
enoeshett:

Check that GTB has activated your card for international transactions. Also check which account is the default account linked to your card (that is if you use one card for savings and current account)

Thank you very much. Problem solved. smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Luceecarter: 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2019
Jennypharb1:

Yes you can, it's called 'upfront' medicals. However the validity period is one year so make sure that you're sure to receive ITA in a short while so that you don't have to redo it.

Good evening, please someone confirmed to me that upfront medicals was no longer accepted. How true is this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chrisebsy: 9:36pm On Apr 29, 2019
[/quote]

Congrats to all ppr clinchers . MAY CANADA FAVOUR

Please , while filling the application form post -ITa. in personal history

what kind of information do one need to fill in personal activity since d past 10years or till one turned 18.

for example , I started work in 2013 and working in d same firm till date .

also , I did a part time course in 2015/2017. should I also include that in d personal history ?

was jobless for two years prior to getting my present job , I guess I will have fill unemployed in time frame.

before then was nysc ,though not claiming points for it ,I guess I will fill in that too.

my major concern is d part where I did partime course , as it also same time I am working . do I need to fill dat too? or i can just ignore .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 9:45pm On Apr 29, 2019
Aww don't be too hard on yourself. Many of us have made mistakes along the line. Keep the faith, It will all be worth it in the end!

Marula:

Thanks. Chai! See how I've wasted money that I don't have. I included BSC in WES Application. Also gave out money for BSC transcript application. Let me run and see what amount I can still salvage.

The you MUST evaluate SSCE made me think all Certificate levels are a must.

@kingspaco thanks for your response too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2019
You have amazing people surrounding you! Thank God for your friend and thank God for Wifey's insight to start the journey even when it didn't feel like there was a need.
I'm sorry for kidnapping saga.. that must have been one scary experience! I literally gasped when I read that.
I wish you and the fam all the best in Canada and congratulations on the PPR and Baby!

Louie36:

CRS Score: 441
ITA: 22nd August 2018
AOR: 15th September 2018
Long silence

GCMS notes: January 2018 (looked ok, sent an email to ralph and he told us that nothing had been started)
ADR: March 21st 2019 by this time madam was preggy with baby number 2 and we knew we couldn’t have the baby in Canada. Now we were hoping the PPR will come after the birth of our baby so we can add the new born to our profile.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by olamse: 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2019
Good evening all. Pls does anyone has a reliable contact at immigration office abuja? I'm in need of a passport. Pls help a sis. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by jadief: 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2019
electroTech:

Thanks bro. Think I will go for NOUN masters. But is it possible one enters the pool with BSc while waiting to conclude masters program then update later after completion of program?

Have u made enquiries about CIMA or BCS. These have a shorter completion period
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by dislat: 10:04pm On Apr 29, 2019
I used webform
MumtotheBeloved:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2019
Fill all, don't ignore.

You are supposed to be working while doing part time, abi?

chrisebsy:

Congrats to all ppr clinchers . MAY CANADA FAVOUR

Please , while filling the application form post -ITa. in personal history

what kind of information do one need to fill in personal activity since d past 10years or till one turned 18.

for example , I started work in 2013 and working in d same firm till date .

also , I did a part time course in 2015/2017. should I also include that in d personal history ?

was jobless for two years prior to getting my present job , I guess I will have fill unemployed in time frame.

before then was nysc ,though not claiming points for it ,I guess I will fill in that too.

my major concern is d part where I did partime course , as it also same time I am working . do I need to fill dat too? or i can just ignore .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Stencil: 10:28pm On Apr 29, 2019
There are several factors. From the language barrier to immigration status etc. Scandinavian countries are very pleasurable to live in but in this case, Canada would give them something Sweden hasn't done yet.. Citizenship. (I'm assuming that's the case with the OP)

johnnybravo1990:

Please why do you want to leave Sweden for Canada? I used to think the Scandinavian countries(Sweden, Norway, Finland) were more pleasurable to live in when compared to Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by chrisebsy: 11:20pm On Apr 29, 2019
joo2018:
Fill all, don't ignore.

You are supposed to be working while doing part time, abi?

yeah , was working already with a degree .

so I guess what we need to fill are things , about work and education , how about a few days travel abroad or wedding etc , you know little things
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ugomaxx: 11:33pm On Apr 29, 2019
So not true, I booked mine with Q-Life fam clinic just last week, & I'm pre ITA.
Luceecarter:

Good evening, please someone confirmed to me that upfront medicals was no longer accepted. How true is this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by teechedah: 11:48pm On Apr 29, 2019
Thank you very much to the reply.So my wife and I can sit for the IELTS exam with me as the primary applicant? So also do I need to evaluate her own credentials too alongside mine. Thanks
pejuhazel:

Use the CRS tool to simulate your scores, for your education you select two or more certificates and for your IELTS you use 8777 for LSRW. If your spouse has a degree you can include it as well as IELTS. A score above 450 gives you a good chance.
Also I will advice you include your wife in your application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (503)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.