Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,939 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 (858269 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 4:36pm On Feb 25, 2019
Please for those that registered for IELTS via BC, please how did you make payment.

I was aware that the details were given but how will IELTS BC verify payment on your account

Please I wouldn't mind someone explaining the process so it would be clearer and to avoid any mistakes whatsoever? Thanks and God bless you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by captainhoo: 5:02pm On Feb 25, 2019
AdetonaDami:
Please for those that registered for IELTS via BC, please how did you make payment.

I was aware that the details were given but how will IELTS BC verify payment on your account

Please I wouldn't mind someone explaining the process so it would be clearer and to avoid any mistakes whatsoever? Thanks and God bless you

Its all explained on the payment page when you make a booking. You are to send your ref number and some details to an email before they can confirm your payment. Check your email for the booking email sent to you when you booked an exam. It's all explained there
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by AdetonaDami(m): 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2019
captainhoo:

Its all explained on the payment page when you make a booking. You are to send your ref number and some details to an email before they can confirm your payment. Check your email for the booking email sent to you when you booked an exam. It's all explained there

Okay thanks just wanted to be sure daadaa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Debsify: 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2019
akintunde63:

How weeks is it that they have received your transcript? I learnt some got their result in 5 weeks, while some were very much longer
20th of this month made it complete 12 weeks. besides 5 weeks timeline was before, but this new year they increased it to 12 weeks. people that had not gotten their report prior to the update where affected as well
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by venorite(m): 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2019
chicyclass:
Same Timeline with my spouse... This is crazy
I swear. The thing is so tiring. 15 weeks from Jan is like May/june

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 5:54pm On Feb 25, 2019
The Chronicles of @Topmamen and @Ifeoma77.

I'm watching you in 11-D angry angry. If @Guitarlife catches you ehn.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 5:57pm On Feb 25, 2019
You will be sent medical request once your application is close to approval.

Opymistic:
@Joo 2018

Its paper based and I have submitted, received AOR, asked to done biometrics and it's done. However, have linked my paper based application to online.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 5:57pm On Feb 25, 2019
Wumi93:

I asked because I wasn't able to get a reference letter at all from the bank

Oh okay. Just make do with what they give you, then you can add an LOE to explain the situation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2019
Don't give up: @Mamsvee

You are good to go: @MoneYibo

Congrats on ECA: @Chicagomum

May this week be a great week for all of us.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 6:00pm On Feb 25, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Nothing is impossible, just very difficult.
Work experience might be a problem when considering PNP. EE accepts self-employment, I don't know if provinces accept that.

What about the federal skilled trades program? I haven't heard much about it here. Is a degree required?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 6:02pm On Feb 25, 2019
Check page 1.

mactoni91:
Please what the average cost of everything excluding airfare?
The way Nigeria is going now, i intend leaving.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by joo2018: 6:07pm On Feb 25, 2019
No.

But your NOC must be on the list. However, you still need degree(s) to get good points.

Jennypharb1:

What about the federal skilled trades program? I haven't heard much about it here. Is a degree required?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 6:08pm On Feb 25, 2019
Amica26:
Can someone without a degree apply for EE? Is it possible? Asking for a friend please. Thank you

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/skilled-trades.html

Read through this and see if it's worth pursuing. There is no degree requirement but a degree does fetch more points. However, the one significant and slightly difficult requirement there would be the possession of a certificate of qualification to practice a trade in Canada

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Topsmamen: 6:09pm On Feb 25, 2019
joo2018:

The Chronicles of @Topmamen and @Ifeoma77.

I'm watching you in 11-D angry angry. If @Guitarlife catches you ehn.

Lmao! grin Same @guitarlife that left Ifeoma for Canada? angry

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2019
joo2018:
No.

But your NOC must be on the list. However, you still need degree(s) to get good points.

Thank you, I just read a bit about it. A bit more complicated than the FSW
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by battousaiX(m): 7:15pm On Feb 25, 2019
I saw what you did there ma'am...

*coughs*
Ifeoma77:
PPR first biko
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:59pm On Feb 25, 2019
Jennypharb1:

I don't know anything about that one but you're right, it's worth exploring that option
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:01pm On Feb 25, 2019
joo2018:

The Chronicles of @Topma.men and @Ifeo.ma77.

I'm watching you in 11-D angry angry. If @Gui.tarlife catches you ehn.
Yimu grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:03pm On Feb 25, 2019
battousaiX:
I saw what you did there ma'am...

*coughs*
Bless you dear grin

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by wo1F(m): 8:46pm On Feb 25, 2019
akintunde63:

I also paid the $200 for evaluation with debit card, i'm talking of payment to change delivery method here. If u did this with debit card, then i'll rush down and do mine too. Tnx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by FaskRolce: 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2019
I watched the video as well and bought the 17k blueprint before I found this thread. I can boldly say the page 1 of this thread is so much richer. I am not spoiling anyone's market O, but those in this thread don't even know the value of what we have at our fingertips. The 17k still dey pain me whenever I remember but nothing spoil. Since then, I've been cautious to research wella before making any payment. Every penny counts now.

Topsmamen:

Not bad.

Hmmm. Mr. Victor named the video presentation - "How to successfully relocate to Canada as a Permanent Resident Without Wasting a Kobo on Agents". I was enjoying this until I saw the optional 17,000 naira required to purchase the blueprint (a 65-page document detailing the A-Z of the PR process).

Quite funny. Seeing as our most popular page 1 here is a rich, informative 1-page document that is free for all.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by echepops(m): 9:20pm On Feb 25, 2019
joo2018:
Welcome to Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program Thread - Part 7

SISTER THREADS

cc: @justwise, @smslive2, @raphrulz, @ifeoma77, @tojued, @mcstan18

Hello all, it's nice to be here. Please I need some clarification on PNP. For example, if I want to apply via Manitoba PNP, and I have just one degree (Bsc), no Masters and score high in the exam (IETLS), does that participant stand a good chance. Also, if possible, can the steps to be taken be stated on this thread. That is step by step process for PNP application. Looking forward to reading from you guys. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Jennypharb1: 9:25pm On Feb 25, 2019
echepops:

Hello all, it's nice to be here. Please I need some clarification on PNP. For example, if I want to apply via Manitoba PNP, and I have just one degree (Bsc), no Masters and score high in the exam (IETLS), does that participant stand a good chance. Also, if possible, can the steps to be taken be stated on this thread. That is step by step process for PNP application. Looking forward to reading from you guys. Thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/4180147/all-canadian-provincial-nominee-programs

This is a link to the thread with information for PNP applications

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by sibabe25: 9:31pm On Feb 25, 2019
PLease, what alternative can I do for employee reference as my company has refused to issue me an employee reference letter?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by ebixxx: 9:36pm On Feb 25, 2019
Thanks Sultanlek!

Sultanlek:

In my opinion, you should enter the pool with the result you have, if the cutoff drops and you get ITA continue with the application provided your ielts score didn’t change after remark. But if it changes you will decline the ITA and go back into the pool with a better crs. It’s a win win
My opinion tho

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by DexterousOne(m): 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2019
mactoni91:
Please what the average cost of everything excluding airfare?
The way Nigeria is going now, i intend leaving.

After looking at the presidential election results so far.

I am even double motivated to cut ties with this useless country

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Phaytie(f): 10:04pm On Feb 25, 2019
Congrats

ladymarshall:
Silent reader but not anymore, lol. Decided on this journey January 2019.

Wrote ielts 09 Feb (first attempt)

LRWS: 8.5, 8.5, 8, 8. Overall band= 8.5. I saw my result and could not believe. I still think maybe it is not mine and they switched results.

I am grateful to @Eshay for introducing me to the Cannyland journey, this platform and thread, guiding me and sharing her experiences while I prepared for the exams. You are my angel. May our dreams come true kiss

I prepared for a month.

Listening: Practice and concentration is the key. I practiced at least 3 times a week. First results were poor but over time it got better. Know the scores you need to get an 8 (36/40 minimum) and never give up until you can score it in at least 6-7 practice tests consecutively. @happyme31 is so right, that listening tip helped me too especially part 2, 3, and 4. I remember it was a lady that scored so high in part 6 that gave that tip. Practice writing out keys parts of the conversation as you hear them, especially for those academic and touring conversations (part 3 and 4). This will be so useful for answers that are synonyms of what was spoken. For instance, in part 3 of my exam, the supervisor told the student that her presentation was too sudden and the answer was Abrupt. She told the student that she was also too slow, too fast in her speaking and the answer was Irregular. Writing out that conversation helped me identify the synonyms as I rechecked. In those sections, where you have A, B, C options, You would waste a lot of time and lose concentration if you are looking for the answers while the conversation is on. Write out key words and points. Part 1 and sometimes part 2 are straightforward, no need to write all, just listen carefully. If you miss an answer, MOVE ON FAST, don't panic or think about it.

Reading: Skimming and scanning are the keys. The answers are sequential through the passage but they can be tricky. In passage 3 of my exam, the last two answers were in the second paragraph because it mentioned two sentences about outdoor jobs, while the rest of the paragraphs were about indoor jobs. When you cannot find the answer, move on immediately and finish the rest, then return to those unknown questions and read the passages carefully sentence by sentence in that paragraph you think it is, you will find it, depending on how much time you have. While practicing, I noticed my weakness was the difference between False and Not Given, so I spent more time on those parts.

Speaking: Telling a story in part 2 and talkativeness in all the parts are the keys. As @happyme31 pointed out, Jay's videos are the best. I also watched past interviews of band 9 candidates and asked myself why they were deserving of band 9. They never stopped talking and used the right vocabulary for the topic. Talk so much and allow the examiner to get tired and stop you (Be a talkative on that day, even if you are not naturally one). It does not matter if you have no idea. If you are unlucky like me to be asked about tough topics like Global Trade, importation and exportation between countries and sustainability in businesses in part 3, still say anything. I paused and told the examiner that this was a tough question because economics is not my strength but I will answer it anyhow based on my layman's knowledge. I used the example of computer village, Nigeria's population and our hustling spirit as the country's best export. I knew I did not make sense but I was determined to keep talking. I just kept thinking of President Trump who says rubbish with so much confidence and still gets supporters, lol.

Writing: Structure and complex sentences are the keys. Just like @happyme31 said, Jay's video was my only guide. Please use the first 2 minutes to understand the question and what is required. Then use the next three minutes to draw an outline in your question paper of points you want to write. May a sketchy outline so you do not get stuck in the middle of your writing especially for Task 2. Practice using different kinds of sentences (passive, complex, compound questions, etc. Avoid writing in simple sentences). Also, use transitional words like your life depends on them (However, even though, although, yet, still, nevertheless, etc). Use uncommon words as long as they make sense (critics, cousine, turbulence, flabbergasted, etc, write like those village headmasters of those days who use big grammars that make sense). Also keep writing, do not stop, collect extra sheet (you can only do this if you have drawn an outline of your ideas).

For task 2, fill at most three pages or three and a half. Structure is everything in task two, there is a template for writing from Jay's video (introduction, four to five paragraphs for body and elaborate on your ideas, then conclusion). Elaborate on each point in each paragraph (use examples, quote researches and studies (whether they are true or not, the examiner does not care about whether that research really exists), use your personal experiences as a student, worker, mother, father, Nigerian, hustler, business man anything). As you write, imagine you are a debater in the room trying to convince, expantiate, elaborate or prove to your listener about points. Finally, don't be like me, please proofread, allocate the last five minutes to proof read and edit all your tasks. I think I was only fortunate that I write error-free sentences on first draft, but maybe if I had edited, I would have scored higher (maybe, or maybe I scored lower but God touched the examiner's heart). Editing helps and might improve your score by .5 which might make a big difference.

Most importantly, avoid over-confidence. This exam is about technique and strategy, not English knowledge. I am at the level of a native speaker and very advanced user in my profession but I practiced like it was German or Chinese I was preparing for. And after writing the exams, pray, pray, pray to any God you believe in.

Apologies for the long post but I just wanted to help like previous posters in part 6 have helped me too.

ECA is in the final evaluation stage with Wes. Once it comes, I will dive into the pool. I am currently gathering post-ITA docs because my CRS score is really high (thanks to IELTS scores) as our seniors here have advised potential CRS high scorers.

Fingers crossed for us all in every stage of our journeys. May our dreams come true. It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by sibabe25: 10:08pm On Feb 25, 2019
please i am yet to find an answer to this?

sibabe25:
Please Is The Children's Place Ikoyi still accepted for medical for PR? or do we only have to use either Q Life or IOM?

Also for Q life can i go and have an upfront medical or i need to book an appointment?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2019
sibabe25:
please i am yet to find an answer to this?

1. Children's practice no longer conducts medical exams for Canada immigration.
2. You have to book an appointment first

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.