Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike (7637 Views)

NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / Ogun Workers Commence Three-day Strike / FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by uchesiru(m): 10:39am On Aug 26, 2010
What a bunch of jokers, imagine some infidels trying to hold us all to ransom. what difference is there? when u guys are not on strike and now that your not. people spend as much as #10,000 on fuel/diesel weekly and all you guys can do is think of going on strike. by the way PHCN won't u also make use of light? i don't blame you guys is those plitical maradona's et criminals hanging up and down in abuja who claim to be lawmakers dat i blame. Govt should privatize PHCN once and for all.
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by vinmol: 10:44am On Aug 26, 2010
Aso rock get light? if them no get Light e go better too o!

becos i know this country with their double standards, top Nepa officials will have constant light
All local Govt chairmen, ward councellors,house of reps, senators, and all executive arms THEY WILL ALL HAVE LIGHT DURING THIS PERIOD FROM PHCN

so wat is the strike all about? the poor polity will suffer more, and they can do nothing!

STUPID PHCN!
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by yimiton(f): 10:47am On Aug 26, 2010
I hear the strike has been called off. Can anybody confirm this information please.

Does anybody have light from NEPA now? This is quite important to me because in as much as we all complain about them, they've been quite stable at my end for a while. I've been doing just great without a generator.
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by GoldCircle: 10:48am On Aug 26, 2010
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by oluite(f): 10:49am On Aug 26, 2010
wales:

Men this guy's means business the whole of abuja no light angry angry angry angry
its not funny o!d sad tin is dat i hear say NUPENG will join them too so no FUELcry cry cry
Although PHCN has been on strike for most nigerians even b4 d real strike.
Meanwhile am sure "govt" will not feel d effect of d strike.
Hope they have sucessfully acquired the 3 JETS n they are preparing the billions for our 50th celebration of the 1st ever PHCN strike.GOD BLESS NIAJA!!
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by Kay17: 10:51am On Aug 26, 2010
grin grin grin grin, obviously no difference from normalcy, they are jokers!
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by LekeB(m): 10:53am On Aug 26, 2010
They are very very stupid. They can go on and on on there strike. Who caresshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!. Infact they should not come back again
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by yimiton(f): 10:54am On Aug 26, 2010
GoldCircle:

strike called off! CONFIRMED!! Up NEPA PHCN!

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5611523-146/alert_phcn_suspends_strike__.csp

Thank God! I needed to hear that.
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by UEA: 11:01am On Aug 26, 2010
na waaaoooo wats differ does it make, if dey like.dey
shld even stay forever cus na gen dey pple use, abeg MR priesident after dis strick hp dere will b a change in our light supply for dis country, pple dey run go ghana cus d poor supply of light n corruption way full dis naija sef, i don tire for una, embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed angry angry angry >:[right][/right]
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by awolols(m): 11:01am On Aug 26, 2010
is this what we get as dividends of democracy? haba, FG, ! and our president is in lagos now, i wonder what he is busy doing when the whole nation is in total black out, these our so called leaders just dont care about us, yet they say we should go out in mass to vote, vote my foot. Pay these people their entitlements, what is there, the money Bankole shipped abroad, isnt it more than the salary or the whole organization? bastards
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by lynxnoon(m): 11:02am On Aug 26, 2010
bloody waste of time n effort angry angry
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by Gadols(f): 11:04am On Aug 26, 2010
Nepa or phcn, its all a dead wood. I thought there are no more staff there but impostors who bring fake nepa bills.
If it is true that there are staff in that corrupt firm, then what have they been doing? i have not seen their light in a long while.
Am i dreaming
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by JUO(m): 11:05am On Aug 26, 2010
oh boy thank o God my inverter don run down. i dey thank how to carry the battery to charge, my gen don spoil since
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by Godmother(f): 11:07am On Aug 26, 2010
So the one-day-on-one-day-off I get in my area is about to be messed up. No big deal sha.Even that one day of light was never constant anyway
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by Pappij: 11:09am On Aug 26, 2010
GoldCircle,

Nice one, boy am i glad that the strike has been called off.  lipsrsealed
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by hakunajay(m): 11:14am On Aug 26, 2010
GoldCircle:

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5611523-146/alert_phcn_suspends_strike__.csp
Is this supposed to be good news? Anyways, i comment my reserve!
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by googles: 11:17am On Aug 26, 2010
GoldCircle:

well its not evident yet grin

they say seeing is believing
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by kelvin(m): 11:24am On Aug 26, 2010
@topic

So the strike just started, we have been experiencing black-out for two weeks. And here we thought it was almost over. cry
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by cyril10(m): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2010
If you have passed through the hands of PHCN officials before, you would have known that they are the worst humans with the police in this country.

With the way they treat people i dont have pity at all for them, they are very wicked. Govt should do something about selling off PHCN or else we will

continue to suffer in the hands of these illitrates.
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by Syenite(m): 11:34am On Aug 26, 2010
They are not doing badly in Benin-City. At the peak of the power crisis we had power for 16-20hrs/day.But recenlty, we experince power failure for 15-30mins only for a whole day.My gen-set now has cobwebs cos at time I don't touch it for 2weeks.So I give kudos to PHCN Benin destrict 1 & 2. I don't work in PHCN don't get me wrong.

However the strike has been called off.Thank God.
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by Ajike: 11:48am On Aug 26, 2010
Shior! whats the diff? they can go to hell for all i care.
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by UyiIredia(m): 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2010
is the strike off >>> 4 real
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by HamidO1(m): 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2010
dis PHCN guyz r fools, y not leave d tin on wen they were going on strike, i guess it will work better without them.
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by madprof(m): 1:05pm On Aug 26, 2010
Why dem call off the strike na? I mean, what were they thinking, going on strike? Were they so daft as to think anyone would care? And to say that we should appreciate NEPA for the "little" they have been doing just goes to show once again the typical Naija attitude of condoning and even glorifying medocrity. That is why we are blessed with a modiocre NEPA, mediocre healthcare system, mediocre educational system, mediocre leaders and a less than mediocre economy.
As for NEPA staffers, they should be sacked if they ever go on strike again. The salaries they have been receiving are a free allowance, so they shouldn't push their luck - or the patience of Nigerians. Nonsense. angry
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by lalacious: 1:37pm On Aug 26, 2010
going on Strike biggest joke, let me see what we stand to loose, hmmmnn i guess nothing, as for you, no more re-connection fees, meter fees, Transformer fees, climbbing of ladder fees, e.t.c, men hunger will surely kill some people, yeye people
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by bioye(m): 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2010
Can the moderator or someone correct the spelling on the home page from PHNC to PHCN?
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 26, 2010
madprof:

Why dem call off the strike na? I mean, what were they thinking, going on strike? Were they so daft as to think anyone would care? And to say that we should appreciate NEPA for the "little" they have been doing just goes to show once again the typical Naija attitude of condoning and even glorifying medocrity. That is why we are blessed with a modiocre NEPA, mediocre healthcare system, mediocre educational system, mediocre leaders and a less than mediocre economy.
As for NEPA staffers, they should be sacked if they ever go on strike again. The salaries they have been receiving are a free allowance, so they shouldn't push their luck - or the patience of Nigerians. Nonsense. angry

Has it been called off??
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by chelseabmw(m): 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2010
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by sylve11: 2:17pm On Aug 26, 2010
yeks, it's been called off cool
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2010
^^^oh,ok. Tanks
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by vivienall(f): 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2010
PHCN on strike?
I laugh in tongues.
Those guys have been on strike since, before i was born.
Re: Phcn Workers Commence Nationwide Strike by Skmoda360(m): 4:54pm On Aug 26, 2010
vivien_all:

PHCN on strike?
I laugh in tongues.
Those guys have been on strike since, before i was born.
lmao, ^^^ u are correct

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News; Jimi Agbaje Exposed / Some History On Lagos And Yoruba Migration - Nigerpeople / I See No Wisdom In The South South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.