Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

#SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter (30986 Views)

Bobo Chicago Trends Number 1 On Twitter / Endsars Trends Number Again On Twitter / "Sugar Daddy"Trends Number One, Amid Endsars Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by olagbola45(m): 11:39pm On Feb 18, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Why Buhari's Shoot at Sight Order Is Coup Against the Electoral Act

I find it very worrisome that President Buhari is once again attempting to rape our laws like he had always done in the past ..

In 1983 is raped our laws by illegally removing an elected democratic govt despite what our constitution said about the ways a Nigerian President could be removed..

Just recently Buhari again attempted to use the the DSS to forcefully remove the Legislative leadership contrary to what out constitution stated .

Again the president tried to remove a serving CJN and appoint his own using imaginary powers he didn't have a problem that has now left our Judciary in tatters with with two CJNs

Why Today's Call Is Another Attempt to Suspend The Electoral Act.

The Nigeria Electoral Act is a set of laws that govern the conduct of Nigerian elections and there is no where in that electoral act where the death penalty is suggested for any Electoral crime at all, in Fact the law is even very clear on the fate of Ballot Snatchers under it and I quote

Section 129 (4) of the Electoral Act states, “Any person who snatches or destroys any election material commits an offence and is liable on conviction to 24 months imprisonment.”

In terms of electoral violence, the act stipulates in Section 131 that anyone found culpable “is liable on conviction to a fine of N1,000, 000 or imprisonment for a term of three years.”

Buharis statement is nothing but a clear suspension of our electoral act, infact a coup against the electoral act that was put in place to protect the electoral process and by making such a statement Buhari is attempting to suspend the act to give rise to anarchy and Jungle justice which will eventually cumulate into gross human rights abuse and intimidation of voters significant enough to alter the result of the exercise in Buhari favour..

Buharis statement must rejected by anyone who has a conscience and the fear of God .

Many thanks....SarkinYarki Bello

Alaiye try snatch d lesson wey ur papa no teach u dem go teach u on Saturday well u kniw d lesson and nah to go meet Baba God and guess wot Baba God punishment hard pass d one buhari won give u

Use ur brain alaiye

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by Francisayo(m): 11:49pm On Feb 18, 2019
U can dare Buhari's order by just trying to snatch Ballot box.........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by Gentleziggy(m): 11:52pm On Feb 18, 2019
donphiilopus:
Whoever wanna snatch a ballot box should write his will before embarking on the journey.

That aside, I've sat down to do some analysis and I discovered there's no way Atiku would get up to what Jonathan polled in 2015. I see Buhari polling 15.9m votes while Atiku would poll about 11.9m votes even after giving him an edge over Buhari in Adamawa.

Even if I'm to deduct 1.6m votes from that of Buhari and give Atiku the votes, it would still be 14.3m votes for Buhari and 13.5m votes for Atiku.

Y'all can bookmark this post. Except the process is flawed, there's no way Atiku can defeat Buhari in this election.
keep dreaming
Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by Afospecialk: 11:54pm On Feb 18, 2019
NOW AM SO HAPPY MY REAL PMB IS BACK

IPOB SHOULD GO AND SNATCH BALLOT BOXES AND FACE DEATH IMMEDIATELY

GOD BLESS YOU MY ABLE PMB

NEXT LEVEL 100%

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by yemi15(m): 11:54pm On Feb 18, 2019
tesppidd:
grin
Easiest way to die in 2019;
Snatch a ballot box.
1000 ways to die remix lol grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by Afospecialk: 11:56pm On Feb 18, 2019
cosse:
I couldnt agree more....anyone opposing dis is sympathetic to ballot snatchers..........dey shoul be shot over and over and again until they av sense!

5 stars for yu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by Puppetmaster08(m): 12:12am On Feb 19, 2019
Who knows d IG handle of this guy

Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 19, 2019
donphiilopus:

Enough of the epistle. You mistakenly try this, you go six feet below.

correct

#Snatch and Die

why is PDP now complaining? i thought they said they need free and fair election, or were they planning #snatch'n'die?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by clickwtB(m): 12:45am On Feb 19, 2019
SNATCH OR RIG YOU WILL BECOME AN RIP!ANY ONE WHOS AGAINST THIS ACT IS INTENDING TO RIG.!!!!!! sad undecided undecided undecided cry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by rotimage(m): 1:11am On Feb 19, 2019
SarkinYarki:

what has that got to with what the president said ? and besides was it not the APC that organised the burning of electoral materials in places it was not popular ?

When Herders where killing thousand of Nigerians every week we never heard Buhari order the military to shoot them at sight but today on desperation Buhari wants to shoot perceived Electoral offenders dead at polling booths , do you realise that any voter can be wrongly labelled a Snatcher and shot just because he doesn't support Buhari

Kindly tell us how he would be identified as anti-buhari if he is not violent or shouting Sai Atiku which is not in consonant with the electoral law to do that at the polling unit. Or anyone who vote would show it to people that I vote against BUHARI ni

If it happens that BUHARI said no snatcher should be shot at or harmed I wonder what Una reactions for be o, moreso how come Una know say Ńa anti BUHARI people would be the snatchers If not Una don know say Una go fail except using the snatching method.

#snatchAndPaywithYourLife

Make Una all wail with some senses Ńa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by Bobbysteps: 3:35am On Feb 19, 2019
SarkinYarki:

I find it very worrisome that President Buhari is once again attempting to rape our laws like he had always done in the past ..

In 1983 is raped our laws by illegally removing an elected democratic govt despite what our constitution said about the ways a Nigerian President could be removed..

Just recently Buhari again attempted to use the the DSS to forcefully remove the Legislative leadership contrary to what out constitution stated .

Again the president tried to remove a serving CJN and appoint his own using imaginary powers he didn't have a problem that has now left our Judciary in tatters with with two CJNs

The Nigeria Electoral Act is a set of laws that govern the conduct of Nigerian elections and there is no where in that electoral act where the death penalty is suggested for any Electoral crime at all, in Fact the law is even very clear on the fate of Ballot Snatchers under it and I quote

Section 129 (4) of the Electoral Act states, “Any person who snatches or destroys any election material commits an offence and is liable on conviction to 24 months imprisonment.”

In terms of electoral violence, the act stipulates in Section 131 that anyone found culpable “is liable on conviction to a fine of N1,000, 000 or imprisonment for a term of three years.”

Buharis statement is nothing but a clear suspension of our electoral act, infact a coup against the electoral act that was put in place to protect the electoral process and by making such a statement Buhari is attempting to suspend the act to give rise to anarchy and Jungle justice which will eventually cumulate into gross human rights abuse and intimidation of voters significant enough to alter the result of the exercise in Buhari favour..

Buharis statement must rejected by anyone who has a conscience and the fear of God .

you are mad don't ever mention God's name. do you know God? idiot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by Bobbysteps: 3:55am On Feb 19, 2019
Gospeltruth01:
I didn’t know buhari had so many fans on NL oh grin. Snatch and die. The days of Elijah is back
He has. we are many but we don't follow them talk. we are responsible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by cobsol(m): 3:58am On Feb 19, 2019
donphiilopus:
Whoever wanna snatch a ballot box should write his will before embarking on the journey.

That aside, I've sat down to do some analysis and I discovered there's no way Atiku would get up to what Jonathan polled in 2015. I see Buhari polling 15.9m votes while Atiku would poll about 11.9m votes even after giving him an edge over Buhari in Adamawa.

Even if I'm to deduct 1.6m votes from that of Buhari and give Atiku the votes, it would still be 14.3m votes for Buhari and 13.5m votes for Atiku.

Y'all can bookmark this post. Except the process is flawed, there's no way Atiku can defeat Buhari in this election.

e go clear for you eyes bro. Dolladiho Jr. Will b

Back to the pit where he belongs
Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by Ebbunwa(m): 4:28am On Feb 19, 2019
If death was the legal punishment for ballot box snatchers or other people that tries to disrupt the electoral processes, I don't think some people will have issues with PMB's statement. I think the problem with the statement is that there's already a punishment for such criminals. So what is the need of the law in place to handle such offenses? That's the issue. To be candid, I think ballot box snatchers deserve death, but the constitution should be sacrosanct and respected. If death is the best punishment for ballot box snatchers, why not get the lawmakers and other relevant stakeholders to get it in the constitution, this is democracy and it's worrisome that people are comfortable that things are done extrajudicially. I am not a ballot box snatcher neither am I intending to be, but the truth is that you never know when you will be a victim of extrajudicial punishment, it can be in any other aspect, not just the ballot box snatching.

Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by BadNubian: 4:46am On Feb 19, 2019
I hope that brown toothed ugly frog eyed crook/daddy of the yoruba nation called Tinubu with his APC rigging machineries are also wary of this new decree? cause bullet no dey discriminate ooo!! someone better update Mc Oluomo to ask him if he knows "what time it is..." any ballot box snatcher will be duly dispatched on a journey of no return... Let's play this game.
Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by Lovetoglory(m): 5:08am On Feb 19, 2019
SarkinYarki:

and this is why you as a person is still lagging behind. For you to be quoting constitution at this time, it clearly shows that you are a PDP member and as part of your plan is to scuttle the election by snatching ballot boxes. If you like keep quoting constitution nonsense, just hire boys first to snatch and wait for the repercussion. Ewu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by chukel(m): 5:31am On Feb 19, 2019
phyllosilicate:
PDP respects the fundamental human right of ballot box snatcher.

Ballot box snatchers are humans like you and I

Say no to hate speech against armed ballot box snatchers
that ballot box snatcher is the regular armed robber who operates and kills on highway, just that he was contracted on election day to snatch box. If they are humans like you, may they encounter you in all spheres of your life. Please say Amen to this. Hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by Nobody: 6:43am On Feb 19, 2019
SarkinYarki:

The plan here is to wrongly label voters at any booth Buhari is losing and shoot them dead !!!!!!!! we know what Buhari is up to!!!!! Expect to here many voters killed in places Buhari is not popular again like the Benue and Taraba

Sounds like PDP is already conceding defeat and are looking for excuses.

#snatchBB@yourOwnRisk

1 Like

Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by tesppidd: 7:05am On Feb 19, 2019
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

You think I consider you Worthy to be debating your senseless point, snatch a ballot box you will get shot on the leg, you try to escape you will get shot again. You make threatening noise to rally your fellow snatchers you will get shot again ... Violent people who steal the will of the people will suffer a painful end.
hehehehehe

You don act American film Before?
Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by janeedema(f): 8:01am On Feb 19, 2019
It's appalling how someone would commend a threat to life, when there are measures constitutionally to deal with issues like that.

It's truly sad when Nigerians speak from their anuses.

This isn't about Buhari or ipob, it is about the rule of law. No wonder our soldiers are always trigger happy to waste lives over trivialities.

People like you are the reason Nigeria is in a mess. What has ipob got to do with a president threatening the lives of her citizens?

Why am I not surprised? Every nation gets the leader they deserve. As long as our thinking is still this myopic, then there isn't any hope in sight for our election of credible leaders.

BTW, I'm not Ipob, but a Nigerian advocating that youths receive anointed common sense.

Let me ask:

Do you seriously think that there's one politician that isn't corrupt? I believe you know the answer to that.

quote author=sogodihno post=75868070]Yes o, Ipob pigs go and snatch it, chest beaters go on, u will be killed with gladness.

God bless PMB. All lover of corruption will be destroy in this country. [/quote]
Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by Augiiee(m): 9:18am On Feb 19, 2019
Hugging a transformer was d sure quickest way to die as of yesterday, but try #Snatching a ballot box and you'll come to d realisation datz old news grin grin grin #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk #WailersBeWarned
Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by crixlight2(m): 10:48am On Feb 19, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Keep fooling yourself please but know that like all bad things this Buhari govt must pass away very soon

Clearly you are planning to snatch boxes that day , if you don’t pity your life please pity your sweet mother , I don’t want her to cry over you. I care
Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by sogodihno: 11:58am On Feb 19, 2019
janeedema:
It's appalling how someone would commend a threat to life, when there are measures constitutionally to deal with issues like that.

It's truly sad when Nigerians speak from their anuses.

This isn't about Buhari or ipob, it is about the rule of law. No wonder our soldiers are always trigger happy to waste lives over trivialities.

People like you are the reason Nigeria is in a mess. What has ipob got to do with a president threatening the lives of her citizens?

Why am I not surprised? Every nation gets the leader they deserve. As long as our thinking is still this myopic, then there isn't any hope in sight for our election of credible leaders.

BTW, I'm not Ipob, but a Nigerian advocating that youths receive anointed common sense.

Let me ask:

Do you seriously think that there's one politician that isn't corrupt? I believe you know the answer to that.

quote author=sogodihno post=75868070]Yes o, Ipob pigs go and snatch it, chest beaters go on, u will be killed with gladness.

God bless PMB. All lover of corruption will be destroy in this country.

why all these tears? do u want to snatch ballot box? go and snatch it now. #snatchandbekilled, it is simple.

1 Like

Re: #SnatchAtYourOwnRisk Trends Number 1, On Twitter by Afritop(m): 4:43pm On Feb 19, 2019
SarkinYarki:

party or no party the statement was totally wrong and no leader should talk like that ..that is just a license to intimidate voters
Shut up. What is this one saying. Abeg go and snatch Jare and save yourself this write up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abandoned Calabar-Odukpani-Itu-Ikot Ekpene Road: NASS Committee Investigates / You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku / Nicholas Ukachukwu Defeats Bianca Ojukwu At APGA Senatorial Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.