Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,509 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland (3087 Views)

I'm Willing To Teach You Programming Just For 1k / Looking For An App Creator In Lokoja,willing To Provide Renumeration. / For Those Willing To Be Data Analyst, Machine Learning Guru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by FTF2069(m): 5:55pm On Feb 21, 2019
okwabayi:

Reddit has something called Reddit Gold.
I don’t know what it does but I see it used as a form of payment for well composed thoughtful comments.
Every rational human being knows people spend time and brainpower to come up with opinions.
It is also common sense to find ways no matter how little to encourage them.
Even with Reddit Gold in place the comments I see on the forum don’t look ‘doctored’ in any way.

A good way to look at it.. thanks.
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by melodyogonna(m): 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2019
FTF2069:

Have been coming across Forums here and there. Coding up one isn't a problem. But the existing user base and depth of content on nairaland that matches our struggle as Nigerians is why Nairaland still wins.

We just need an upgrade.
the update you are talking about probably means making the site as functional as Reddit with all those fancy features.

Nairaland is targeted deeply at Africans especially Nigerians unlike Reddit with American and European userbase, and because of Nairaland's simplicity, very old and low quality mobile device which are in great abundance in Nigeria has almost the same user experience with people using high end phones.

what am trying to say is, the site is good as it is, it is targeting Nigerians not Americans, I for one is using the old version opera mini browser on a low end android device and I'm having a seamless experience with Nairaland while this isn't the case with "modern" websites like Reddit, Quora etc with their Ajax calls and infinite scrolling, am sure others will agree too

2 Likes

Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by melodyogonna(m): 10:17pm On Feb 21, 2019
okwabayi:

Reddit has something called Reddit Gold.
I don’t know what it does but I see it used as a form of payment for well composed thoughtful comments.
Every rational human being knows people spend time and brainpower to come up with opinions.
It is also common sense to find ways no matter how little to encourage them.
Even with Reddit Gold in place the comments I see on the forum don’t look ‘doctored’ in any way.
The gold is given by other Reddit members most of the time not earned so people rarely post anything expecting to get gold, if people start posting while expecting something then you are in for so much spam

1 Like

Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by melodyogonna(m): 10:20pm On Feb 21, 2019
Deicide:
The only problem the forum has is all those useless thread they push to fp angry apart from that every other thing is great.
this is a general purpose forum not a News website, posts from different sections of the forum will make front-page, if the post does not make sense to you, find another one that does
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by afonja112: 5:52am On Feb 22, 2019
^^^^that is a what i believe is called "a burn". Where the heck is seun?
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by Olalekank(m): 6:03am On Feb 22, 2019
afonja112:
^^^^that is a what i believe is called "a burn". Where the heck is seun?
He has not posted anything in the programming section in 6 months
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by dragnet: 7:09am On Feb 22, 2019
Olalekank:
that he doesn't post doesn't mean he doesn't visit/read.
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by dragnet: 7:09am On Feb 22, 2019
Olalekank:
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by afonja112: 7:34am On Feb 22, 2019
Olalekank:

phew
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by WiseStarr(m): 7:40am On Feb 22, 2019
we love the way things are on this site,and we are not complaining.thanks
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by WiseStarr(m): 7:43am On Feb 22, 2019
we love the way things are on this site,and we are not complaining.

Mr. seun please don't accept the offer,we love this site,I love this iste more than anything else
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by Olalekank(m): 8:04am On Feb 22, 2019
dragnet:

I never implied that. I was just saying we should expect no response
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by greatface(m): 10:01am On Feb 22, 2019
melodyogonna:

the update you are talking about probably means making the site as functional as Reddit with all those fancy features.

Nairaland is targeted deeply at Africans especially Nigerians unlike Reddit with American and European userbase, and because of Nairaland's simplicity, very old and low quality mobile device which are in great abundance in Nigeria has almost the same user experience with people using high end phones.

what am trying to say is, the site is good as it is, it is targeting Nigerians not Americans, I for one is using the old version opera mini browser on a low end android device and I'm having a seamless experience with Nairaland while this isn't the case with "modern" websites like Reddit, Quora etc with their Ajax calls and infinite scrolling, am sure others will agree too
This is one point so real that if seun cares, should atleast say thanks to you for making this point open.

1 Like

Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by greatface(m): 10:03am On Feb 22, 2019
melodyogonna:

this is a general purpose forum not a News website, posts from different sections of the forum will make front-page, if the post does not make sense to you, find another one that does
Why then has no post from programming section never made fp.
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by melodyogonna(m): 11:36am On Feb 22, 2019
greatface:
Why then has no post from programming section never made fp.
Who told you posts from programming has never made front-page?
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by acorntree(m): 11:43am On Feb 22, 2019
greatface:
This is one point so real that if seun cares, should atleast say thanks to you for making this point open.

why can't seun employ programmer to sanitise things here?
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by greatface(m): 3:18pm On Feb 22, 2019
melodyogonna:

Who told you posts from programming has never made front-page?
I wasn't intending to say never, but it's out already. However, what I meant was that for so long, no post from programming section has made fp.
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by greatface(m): 3:29pm On Feb 22, 2019
acorntree:

why can't seun employ programmer to sanitise things here?
Seun as much as I know have or used to have many programmers under his paycheck but I believe he must have major reasons not to change a thing about Nairaland. From his replies to a thread asking similar question as this thread, about 2 or 3 years back, he seemed not to see any need to make a change.
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by Greatkhalid: 4:54pm On Feb 22, 2019
dhjbhjd dnhdj djdnnjd dbn
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by Greatkhalid: 4:55pm On Feb 22, 2019
<div class="teext">Testing the code editor</div>
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by FTF2069(m): 5:30pm On Feb 22, 2019
melodyogonna:

The gold is given by other Reddit members most of the time not earned so people rarely post anything expecting to get gold, if people start posting while expecting something then you are in for so much spam
Exactly!.
Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by hustler2828: 5:49pm On Feb 22, 2019
On a serious note apart from some stupid and irrelevant comments( which can be reduced by strict rules) I see nothing really wrong or a need for an upgrade on nairaland. It is targeted at Nigerians and, and the Africa community in general.
Old sybian Nokia phones will still access the nairaland forum withtouth any problem.
The simplicity and architecture of the forum is bae, Even on a very weak network signal you can also access the forum and it loads very fast.( unlike reddit that is very buggy and slow)
Even if a feature should be added on nairaland for me I will suggest an excrow feature for business and sale, or a tipping vetting feature to stop those numerous gambling thread scattered all over this forum.
One thing you can't take away from nairaland forum structure is its simplicity. @op even if you need features or you think nairaland lacks certain features why not create a site? After all Facebook, Skype, WhatsApp, google+ and co all have one common target. To communicate with our friends, families, and business partners wherever, however, and whenever we want. But each has its own unique features . Which brings about strong competition and more innovation. If you have ideas of what you feel nairaland lacks you can build a platform and put such feature in that platform. It will make Seun more innovative or dont you think so? Google and yahoo could be a good case study.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by FTF2069(m): 6:13pm On Feb 22, 2019
melodyogonna:

I understand your point quite well.. "if it's not broke don't fix it" mentality.. but I believe the only reason why someone would have this kind of mentality is because you don’t know how much better it could be.

It just needs to be better, matching up the taste of the current era and whilst preserving it's very essence as a forum.

Usually this problem/mentality is why Nigeria/African market fail to make a products that earns a global respect. Maybe Ṣeun's view might be to keep Nairaland the way it is. I'm just here arguing as to why he can make a better nairaland. I believe nairaland users are as important as Nairaland and if you think the way nairaland is since you've ever started using as a user is the best it can ever be. Then I'm wowed.

But I know Nairaland isn't my project neither do I have a share in the company so the calls aren't mine.

I'm just sharing my views as a fellow user on this platform who believes it can be better.

You may say why am I using it then.. Nairaland no doubt had been incredibly useful to me personally. On solutions, connecting and getting views about subject I don't get to meet people on regular basis talk about and I'm more fascinated that this guys are Nigerians.

But If we will stay stucked with "if ain't broke don't fix it".. Nairaland won't last longer than you're imagining it.. Why? Times change. I celebrate the run so far.. but preparing for a new shift is key. It's coming. You'll be surprised at how much change we will witness in Nigeria both online and offline in the coming years.

1 Like

Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by FTF2069(m): 6:37pm On Feb 22, 2019
hustler2828:

If you have ideas of what you feel nairaland lacks you can build a platform and put such feature in that platform. It will make Seun more innovative or dont you think so? Google and yahoo could be a good case study.

For guys interested in Forum things.. they could ride the lane. I could in fact but my focus isn't on forums. My interest lies in other areas.

However If you are reading this and thinking you can build the next big thing to compete. You can!.

Medium started in 2012. Has over 60million active daily readers (1Q 2018). A product people believe in, they can even contribute to it. One if the reasons I started paying membership on medium was when I discovered that content creators get paid with our monies too.. I couldn't resist the urge to give to these brilliant guys.and I clap well for their articles.

There are brilliant guys like that in Nigeria who someone like me will pay to read their works if there is a right channel for that. And I believe there are a lot of us in Africa who would too.

P.S Not saying just build a "Nigerian medium" but rather I'm saying a good product with right exposure sells no matter.

Nairaland's metrics may be great now but I'm not seeing it positioning itself strategically for the future.

1 Like

Re: Is Ṣeun willing to sell Nairaland by ensodev(m): 1:19am On Feb 25, 2019
Capensis:

If the forum is generating traffic as it is, what makes you think anyone cares about the upgrade. If you can do something better, then start from the scratch. Your money should be able to buy you some litres of patience in the black market.

No offense.

NnwwwhhhhhhHHHhHHOoooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer / Whatsapp Group Chat For C# &/or C++ / Dear Developer, Our Journey Will Be Different And That's Okay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.