Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm (38321 Views)

Kogi Election: 3 Killed As Military Thwarts Ballot Box Snatching Attempt / 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni / "Jungle Justice": Buhari's Ballot Box Snatching Warning Got Nigerians Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by simplesearch: 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2019
In all Honesty the PDP presidential candidate never say ''disregard'' the presidential directive, he only pricked the conscience of the Military Hierarchy by asking them to check in the military act and see what is written their, if military have a part to play in a democratic process especially during voting. In other word unless and except there is a breakdown of law and order, with evidence showing such situation to be beyond the control of the Police only then can they be summon to stem the tide, once there is no such situation military have no part to play under a democratic setting.
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by Felixv: 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2019
chrisifeanyi:
Rule of law must prevail. Yes is terrible to snatch ballot box but you can't just shoot someone instantly; is unacceptable. This is democracy for crying out loud.
That's why I love US. You can decide to rob a bank in US. Even before undertaken that venture you must have known what your jail term will be if caught. No one will kill you. After the jail term you are free. But in Nigeria, anything can happen. This is a zoo actually.

You seem to have ignored the fact that the US has one of the highest incidence of murder in the world.

Rob a bank in the states with a gun and you would most likely be shot.
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by openmine(m): 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
madridguy:
Believe me the order is just to put thugs in check.

That senseless order will kill an innocent person and cause serious mayhem in different polling boots!

This has absolutely nothing to do with political affiliations....ballot box snatching is a criminal offense but must be handled using our electoral laws and not brutalities(or ruthlessness) from a former general!

So what if a thug was about to steal a ballot box and some innocent and honest folks try to safeguard the boxes only for the army to show up and instead of asking questions,fire at will, killing the poor innocent people who were trying to protect their votes from being carted away by the real thugs!

Like someone once said,a bullet fired hardly knows its target!
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by APCsupporter: 12:53pm On Feb 20, 2019
Blainz:

you were not respectful to the military. They peoples' fathers, they have grown up kids who are professionals in many fields...but you said peoples' fathers are not matured enough right?

my comment is not about support for BUhari or not is about you being disrespectful to military men some who are older than your father

Do you know the difference between SOME and ALL?

What about the soldiers that have been killing people for stupid reasons? Don't you think they might abuse Buhari's order? Go and read my post again

1 Like

Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by izaray(f): 12:54pm On Feb 20, 2019
But Buhari also has every constitutional rights to declare same on Fulani herdsmen too na
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by SOP11: 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2019
Snatch ballot box at your own risk..
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by GGirll: 12:57pm On Feb 20, 2019
APCsupporter:
I just hope you guys dont misuse it. I am beginning to have a rethink about PMBs order considering the abusive nature of some of these men. They are not matured enough for that order and will most likely misuse it against innocent people

It's not about abuse it its about killing innocent citizens who votes for pdpn intimidating voters from not voting at all....why do you think he appointed only his tribe fulani n Muslims as security chiefs in Nigeria...this is d time for them to carry out their jihad against Nigerians who have seen that voting him out is d only way to freedom
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by ledaman: 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
vicdom:
cry
Nawaooooooooooo....... One of our strategies already conceived of uninstalling BUBU has hit the deadlock. I'm so bittered now cry cry
Lolz! many to be revealed soon!
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by shaddoww: 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
ZAWs:
PDP are goats!
Why are they not commending the president for urging all Nigerians to vote for the candidate of their choice across all parties?

Did the president said they should shot pdp box snatchers?
Are they the only political party contesting this election?
Na wao
Why did you join to say end Sars, did you intend to become a yahoo boy?
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by ramalex(m): 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
sirusX:

You should have gotten that from my first message before quoting me and ranting nonsense like a buffoon

My message never correlated with your response

Zombies like you don't have half a brain...so take care!

Odẹ̀biyi, snatch ballot box and die!

Instigate any violence n die!
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by Otunski: 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
You are not ready to disobey Buhari's directive on ballot box snatching, how I wish you can also obey him in ending Boko Haram insurgency
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by tizteezy(m): 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2019
Salvador1:
Are you in Lagos or you have people in Lagos that want to vote in Anambra state on Saturday? There are free buses on Thursday and Friday.

Send your name and phone number by SMS or WhatsApp only, to 0708 389 0884.

You must show your PVC before boarding.

Vote for PDP for good governance.

Please circulate

Why can't PDP simply test popularity at the polls?

spits... scumbags
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by ledaman: 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2019
Salvador1:
Are you in Lagos or you have people in Lagos that want to vote in Anambra state on Saturday? There are free buses on Thursday and Friday.

Send your name and phone number by SMS or WhatsApp only, to 0708 389 0884.

You must show your PVC before boarding.

Vote for PDP for good governance.

Please circulate
For ritual purpose ko?
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by APCsupporter: 1:04pm On Feb 20, 2019
GGirll:

It's not about abuse it its about killing innocent citizens who votes for pdpn intimidating voters from not voting at all....why do you think he appointed only his tribe fulani n Muslims as security chiefs in Nigeria...this is d time for them to carry out their jihad against Nigerians who have seen that voting him out is d only way to freedom

and what about those who support APC? Wont igbo soldiers shoot them?

My statement was from a neutral point of view. i am not a tribal bigot like you and Buhari is my choice.

1 Like

Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by babaireti(m): 1:06pm On Feb 20, 2019
That shows how desperate and selfish ATIKU is,how can you ask the Military to disobey the comander in-chief the President ,the office you also desperately seek.When you desecrate the office now and you get there ,how do you make amends?,how do you make the leadership of the Army institution to respects you?and if they disrespect the president who will cll them to order in times of crisis or chaos?
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by GGirll: 1:09pm On Feb 20, 2019
APCsupporter:

and what about those who support APC? Wont igbo soldiers shoot them?

My statement was from a neutral point of view. i am not a tribal bigot like you and Buhari is my choice.

I quoted you with facts n you retorted to yelling n name calling...I don't care who your choice is I just told you d brain behind d tribalistic n nepotic posting of Nigerian security chiefs from d north....ķiss d truth n be reminded that buhari n you must loose ok.
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by sacrum(m): 1:09pm On Feb 20, 2019
Islie:

Asking us to disobey Buhari’s directive on ballot box snatching unfortunate ― Buratai

.Says ex-VP’s statement not expected from somebody who wants to be president

.Asks PDP presidential candidate to withdraw statement, apologise

.Tasks Army personnel to fully obey president’s order

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/02/asking-us-to-disobey-buharis-directive-on-ballot-box-snatching-unfortunate-%e2%80%95-buratai/

Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by Senigentle(m): 1:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
The problem of our Nigeria today is 1999 constitution. How do u expect a police man to arrest a ballot box snatcher that is fully armed in order to take them to court.
If PDP has no intention of snatching ballot boxes, why are they making unnecessary noise as if the president was specific about any party in his directive.
I felt buhari is the only strong man to lead this country because he has the heart of a king
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by babadeee(m): 1:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
cheesy :Dlol see threat
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by movid(m): 1:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
XaintJoel20:
Buratai got this wrong. Inasmuch as I would not advice the military to disobey a constituted authority, they should understand that there is what is called "Rule of Engagement"
And the Rule of Engagement is ANY BALLOT BOX SNATCHER SHOULD BE DEALT WITH. So I think the Army fully understand what Rule Of Engagement is.
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by APCsupporter: 1:18pm On Feb 20, 2019
GGirll:

I quoted you with facts n you retorted to yelling n name calling...I don't care who your choice is I just told you d brain behind d tribalistic n nepotic posting of Nigerian security chiefs from d north....ķiss d truth n be reminded that buhari n you must loose ok.

Even atiku would gladly swap supporters with Buhari. Just watch and see
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:18pm On Feb 20, 2019
XaintJoel20:
Buratai got this wrong. Inasmuch as I would not advice the military to disobey a constituted authority, they should understand that there is what is called "Rule of Engagement" in the military and beside, Nigeria is not being govern by a military dictator who wakes up one morning and starts churning out degrees.
Nigeria's democracy is a creation of the constitution and the constitution supersede any decree made by anyone, president or otherwise.
Stop these many grammar

We ve been speaking grammar since independence, how has it helped us?
Nigeria is not ripe for all those processes u outlined

Snatch ballot box and die
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by Larryndelaw: 1:19pm On Feb 20, 2019
chrisifeanyi:
Rule of law must prevail. Yes is terrible to snatch ballot box but you can't just shoot someone instantly; is unacceptable. This is democracy for crying out loud.
That's why I love US. You can decide to rob a bank in US. Even before undertaken that venture you must have known what your jail term will be if caught. No one will kill you. After the jail term you are free. But in Nigeria, anything can happen. This is a zoo actually.
Liar from the pit of Hell. Go and Rob the bank in USA and you will be shot instantly. Even using knife to threaten someone publicly in USA you will be shot instantly. Dont say what u dont know. Why do u think every American has a gun at home?
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by sonature1: 1:20pm On Feb 20, 2019
XaintJoel20:
Buratai got this wrong. Inasmuch as I would not advice the military to disobey a constituted authority, they should understand that there is what is called "Rule of Engagement" in the military and beside, Nigeria is not being govern by a military dictator who wakes up one morning and starts churning out degrees.
Nigeria's democracy is a creation of the constitution and the constitution supersede any decree made by anyone, president or otherwise.

U are speaking too much grammar. Nigeria’s military serves Nigerians, bounded by a constitution, and not the president.

The electoral act has already stipulated the punishment to be meted out to ballot box snatchers.

1 Like

Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by XaintJoel20: 1:22pm On Feb 20, 2019
sonature1:

U are speaking too much grammar. Nigeria’s military serves Nigerians, bounded by a constitution, and not the president.

The electoral act has already stipulated the punishment to be meted out to ballot box snatchers.

Read my comment again.
we are on the same path...
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by Ovitan244: 1:24pm On Feb 20, 2019
myboy2111:
Atiku , you see your life?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Officer e spirit the call, ALPHA-MIKE YANKEE-OSCAR-UNIFORM-ROMEO CHARLE-LIMA-LIMA ECHO-ALPHA-GOLF-UNIFORM-ECHO JULIET-ALPHA-MIKE-ECHO.
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by tete7000(m): 1:26pm On Feb 20, 2019
In a democracy, is army suppose to be the one enforcing the law? We are not in military era ba! Buratai and his men better stay in their barracks and allow police do their job. Four years ago when Jonathan tried to deploy army for election I remember how much noise apc in opposition made then, insisting army has no role to play in policing election. What has changed four years down the line? APC is all just about hypocrisy and bigotry. What they once condemned is what you see them always do and try to justify...
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by justtoodark: 1:26pm On Feb 20, 2019
its very unfortunate....atleast he should have said its wrong doing it but dont kill them on the spot....

but fee dee fee is not known to be normal anyways....

with them nigeria jaga jaga,everything scatter scatter....

and they love it....you will have a minister dancin to chop my money....
whatever that means....

fee dee fee messed up nigeria....

if they manage to return back to power,then good night nigeria....
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by ofiko123(m): 1:28pm On Feb 20, 2019
Observing..
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by sonature1: 1:30pm On Feb 20, 2019
XaintJoel20:

Read my comment again.
we are on the same path...

I know

1 Like

Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by don4real18(m): 1:31pm On Feb 20, 2019
chrisifeanyi:
You sit in Nigeria thinking everything is green on the other side. USA which you used as a case study is extremely corrupt
Re: Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm by Gforce2019: 1:38pm On Feb 20, 2019
Nairalanders, irrespective of your politcal affiliation, don't join the gang of ballot box snatchers....it might be deadly...

Army chief has spoken....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Ebonyi Roads Are Best In South-East", Paul Arkwright British High Commissioner / Abubakar Chika Adamu Withdraws From Re-election In 2019 Due To Corruption / EndSARS: Protesters Block All Routes Going In And Out Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.