Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Baba Suwe: Travails Of A Jester Battling For Survival - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Baba Suwe: Travails Of A Jester Battling For Survival (1275 Views)

Nigerian Lady, Omohtee Left Battling For Life After Plastic Surgery Goes Wrong. / Jigan Babaoja Gives Baba Suwe Money For His Treatment / Mr Latin Gives Update On Baba Suwe’s Failing Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Baba Suwe: Travails Of A Jester Battling For Survival by splendid22(m): 5:20pm On Feb 20, 2019
Babatunde Omidina, known as Baba Suwe, is a successful comedian better known for his exploits in Yoruba home videos. Amazingly, he is still arguably the most popular Yoruba comedian of his time.
Amazingly, Baba Suwe who has made a career out of making people laugh hasn’t had so much to giggle about in recent times.

The Genesis

His travails began when On October 13, 2011, news of the actor’s arrest by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) on suspicion of being in possession of hard drugs made the rounds on the internet which lead to a fierce legal battle of who was wrong and who was right.

The sad incident created a major dent on his reputation. TheNewsGuru recalls that Paul Obazele condemned the act condemned the act, describing it as “tarnishing and one that will not do the image of the industry any good.”
“We are disappointed, it’s annoying. I’m short of words, Baba Suwe is an icon and everybody looks up to him in the industry’, Paul Obazele said, while adding that “it is not good news at all.”

Baba Suwe later took the NDLEA to court, won and was awarded N25 million in compensation for the wrongful arrest. Sadly, he is yet to get the compensation eight years later.
The incident led to a decline in his career as he was hardly featured in movies. Comic actors like Mr Latin, Olaniyi Afonja (Sanyeri) Afeez Oyetoro (Saka) Ayanfe Adekunle (Monsuru) Tunde Usman (Okele) Adekola Tijani (Kamilu Kompo) Tayo Amokade (Ijebu) emerged on the scene making many pay less attention to the veteran comedian.

Accused of killing his ‘Omoladun’ his late wife in 2009

TheNewsGuru, TNG recalls that one of the greatest scandal that affected the career of Baba Suwe was allegations that he killed his late wife Monsurat Omidina (Omoladun) who was an actress during her lifetime.
Baba Suwe’s step daughter, Omolara Kareem brazenly accused her stepdad of having a hand in her mother’s death. She noted that he had brutally fought her mother the night before her death. However, Baba Suwe debunked the claim.
In an interview with Vanguard, he said: It has not been easy but life must go on. I believe whatever happens has been pre-ordained. The death of Omoladun was a great loss I cannot get over in this lifetime. She will remain my best companion. She understood me than any other person on planet earth. At times when we quarrel in the house, she would abuse me on set and that would mark the end of the issue”.

https://www.thenewsguru.com/entertainment/article/baba-suwe-travails-jester-battling-survival/

Re: Baba Suwe: Travails Of A Jester Battling For Survival by Naijaguy12345(m): 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2019
NDLEA should pay him the 50 million damages thaw judge award to him for false imprisonment and the defamation of name.
Re: Baba Suwe: Travails Of A Jester Battling For Survival by GleestarsMag: 11:52pm On Feb 20, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se_ZLRkwq2U

Popular NollyWood Actor BabeTunde Omidina AKA Baba Suwe Cries For Help As He Battles Stroke
#Babasuwe #Nollywood #NollyWoodMovies #TAMPAN

(1) (Reply)

Reactions As Nude Ladies Dances To Naira Marleys ‘soapy’ Song / [video] Pimple Breast’ – Nigerians React As Thelma Blows Hot As Omashola Tried T / Bbnaija: Tacha Humbles Mercy As She Becomes Queen Of The Runway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.