Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:45 AM

Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? (2669 Views)

Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend / Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority / 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by DCTrendy(m): 5:23am On Feb 21, 2019
Hi good people of Nairaland.

I need your help. I bought a SUV last year Nov through a naija guy in NY. Car landed my house at 2.3m
To my surprise, I discovered the selling price around me here is btw 1.8-2m. But since i wasn't selling it, i didn't bother to worry about it
And i still maintain a good relationship with him but i have decided to do it directly myself.

My Copart account is activated and deposit ll be going to the account anytime soon, I have learnt all I should before making a bidding.
From buying close to the port, to checking the title, run n drive, no license states and all that matters, I was able to learn a whole lot during the Highlander purchase too.

Now i want to place my first bid, but i have a problem.

I need someone/agent who will:

1. Pick the car up at copart n deposit at the port after winning the bid.
2. Process the RORO shipping n send bill of lading/telex release to me.
3. Charge me only for his services without adding a cent to the RORO shipping.

I will be very happy if you can be of help by recommending a trusted fellow/company that you used successfully.

Thanks and God bless you richly.
Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by Fogman(m): 6:57am On Feb 21, 2019
Send me a WhatsApp message (see my signature), I have someone who assist me to truck and ship my vehicles from US, but I don't know if he does auction

2 Likes

Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by DCTrendy(m): 8:08am On Feb 21, 2019
Thanks very much sir.

I will do that right away.
Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by sultaan(m): 8:21am On Feb 21, 2019
You have someone that got you a good car now you want to go cheap.

Be careful cars are not as cheap as you think

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by ElvishKing: 11:18am On Feb 21, 2019
DCTrendy:

I need your help. I bought a SUV last year Nov through a naija guy in NY. Car landed my house at 2.3m
To my surprise, I discovered the selling price around me here is btw 1.8-2m. But since i wasn't selling it, i didn't bother to worry about it
And i still maintain a good relationship with him but i have decided to do it directly myself.

My Copart account is activated and deposit ll be going to the account anytime soon, I have learnt all I should before making a bidding.
From buying close to the port, to checking the title, run n drive, no license states and all that matters, I was able to learn a whole lot during the Highlander purchase too.

I will be very happy if you can be of help by recommending a trusted fellow/company that you used successfully.

I shipped a Lexus recently from copart. I got someone that pick your car, no matter the time of day and bring to the nearest port. He can help you immensely.

Send me a message, if you need my help
Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by DCTrendy(m): 1:08pm On Feb 21, 2019
sultaan:
You have someone that got you a good car now you want to go cheap.

Be careful cars are not as cheap as you think

Thanks for replying brotherly. No be my fault jare. The 216k mileage 03 highlander shouldnt have cost close to 3k let alone $3,650 i paid for the car excluding 250 to the port n 950 for shipping. Someone in the business told me, i over paid at least $1,500!...lol.. But since the car is cool n my wife is enjoying her ride, i just say make i chill n go deeper myself jare.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by DCTrendy(m): 1:10pm On Feb 21, 2019
ElvishKing:

I shipped a Lexus recently from copart. I got someone that pick your car, no matter the time of day and bring to the nearest port. He can help you immensely.

Send me a message, if you need my help

Thanks very much. I am going to get into touch asap.

Thanks
Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by ycoxyng: 1:06pm On Feb 22, 2019
DCTrendy:

Guy, becareful and shine your eyes when buying on Copart.. I prefer IAAI. They gives more details about the car. Copart in most cases wont disclose the issues with their cars.

1 Like

Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 22, 2019
Beware, don't get scam.
Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:11am On Feb 24, 2019
DCTrendy:

Thanks for replying brotherly. No be my fault jare. The 216k mileage 03 highlander shouldnt have cost close to 3k let alone $3,650 i paid for the car excluding 250 to the port n 950 for shipping. Someone in the business told me, i over paid at least $1,500!...lol.. But since the car is cool n my wife is enjoying her ride, i just say make i chill n go deeper myself jare.

Thanks.

The person isn't wrong. You massively overpaid. $3650 will get you an 04 RX330 with minor damage.
Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by Readonee35L(m): 12:20am On Feb 24, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

The person isn't wrong. You massively overpaid. $3650 will get you an 04 RX330 with minor damage.
Not entirely true.
That amount will only get high mileage Rx330 or one with several damage.
That car is expensive at auction even more than normal sales sometimes .
Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by Readonee35L(m): 12:22am On Feb 24, 2019
DCTrendy:

Thanks.
If your car Is Limited .
Then its worth it.
There's toks 05 highlander of 2.4M. And some up to 3.2m
Depends on condition and mileage.

All cars are not same. Some are cheaper and some expensive. But only the user will enjoy the extra cash he or she paid.

I've won 09 Highlander for $6000
And bought another for $3300, (almost half the price) But the difference was clear.
To a non car guy they are same, but to an enthusiast , you'd feel the difference in everything .

Any car is worth the amount its paid for as long as its price margin is not much and it serves its purpose without issues.

2 Likes

Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:25am On Feb 24, 2019
Readonee35L:

Not entirely true.
That amount will only get high mileage Rx330 or one with several damage.
That car is expensive at auction even more than normal sales sometimes .

Guess I was a bit overly optimistic with my estimate.

Readonee35L:

If your car Is Limited .
Then its worth it.
There's toks 05 highlander of 2.4M. And some up to 3.2m
Depends on condition and mileage.

All cars are not same. Some are cheaper and some expensive. But only the user will enjoy the extra cash he or she paid.

True, now I think of it. I know someone who bought a Limited Edition 03 Highlander for 2.6m. shocked
Was a bit annoyed when I heard of it, but that may not have been a bad price, in hindsight.

1 Like

Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 24, 2019
DCTrendy:

Thanks for replying brotherly. No be my fault jare. The 216k mileage 03 highlander shouldnt have cost close to 3k let alone $3,650 i paid for the car excluding 250 to the port n 950 for shipping. Someone in the business told me, i over paid at least $1,500!...lol. But since the car is cool n my wife is enjoying her ride, i just say make i chill n go deeper myself jare.

Thanks.

Apply caution, you are about to get burnt.

That person in the business is most likely a dealer. They buy cheap, high mileage, flooded and severely accidented vehicles, roll back the mileage, cut corners with repairs and focus on cosmetic repairs.

Are you ready to do the same to a vehicle you plan using?

1 Like

Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by BonnyWood(m): 8:40pm On Feb 24, 2019
The best shipping company I know is https://clearit.ca/ They helped me a lot to ship a car to my cousin from Japan to the US. These guys saved my money and filled all the documents. I simply got a car and was happy to deal with them
Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by DCTrendy(m): 9:36am On Mar 04, 2019
rationalmind:

Apply caution, you are about to get burnt.

That person in the business is most likely a dealer. They buy cheap, high mileage, flooded and severely accidented vehicles, roll back the mileage, cut corners with repairs and focus on cosmetic repairs.

Are you ready to do the same to a vehicle you plan using?

So many responses here, thanks so much everyone. No, the guy isnt a dealer but buy all his cars himself. I later found out myself that the car is way too expensive. 216k mileage 03 highlander not a limited edition o... for $3650 plus $950 for shipping, he got extra $100 on the shipping alone, i dont care about the inland transport to the port he took $250 for that. so.....

I fire the car on Lagos Ibadan this past weekend, and i enjoyed it but still, it is still very expensive. And as i said earlier, i dont have any issues with him whatsoever and we remain distant friends we have always been but i cant do car business with him again. Never.

I was able to get a firm in New Jersey for the pick up from auction to port.

Thanks everyone for the reply.

3 Likes

Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by valarinz: 2:08pm On Mar 04, 2019
DCTrendy:

So many responses here, thanks so much everyone. No, the guy isnt a dealer. I later found out myself that the car is way too expensive. 216k mileage 03 highlander not a limited edition o... for $3650 plus $950 for shipping, he got extra $100 on the shipping alone, i dont care about the inland transport to the port he took $250 for that. so.....

I fire the car on Lagos Ibadan this past weekend, and i enjoyed it but still, it is still very expensive. And as i said earlier, i dont have any issues with him whatsoever and we remain distant friends we have always been but i cant do car business with him again. Never.

Name pls
Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by ojeysky(m): 7:41pm On Mar 28, 2019
DCTrendy:

So many responses here, thanks so much everyone. No, the guy isnt a dealer but buy all his cars himself. I later found out myself that the car is way too expensive. 216k mileage 03 highlander not a limited edition o... for $3650 plus $950 for shipping, he got extra $100 on the shipping alone, i dont care about the inland transport to the port he took $250 for that. so.....

I am just curious, how did you know he charged you too much? I got a 2002 Highlander for almost same price as you've stated just that mine is 140k miles and it's clean title
Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by amliftedhigher: 8:53pm On Mar 28, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

How?
Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:07am On Mar 29, 2019
DCTrendy:

I totally agree with u BRO....
let us know how it goes.

For what it's worth, see it as necessary dues u had to pay to gain knowledge....
but don't SEVER the relationship BTW u and the guy

difficult but doable.
primary aim of every business is to make money.... some write-ups online seem to disagree, but this is my stance. Secondary is to create relationships and maintain them.

the only difference between businessmen is that some have standards... and some don't.... I prefer to deal with the former, like I presume u want to... challenge is that most times they might be perceived as more expensive esp when that is not the market value of such service or sale... but when the margin is much.... I back out!

I am in support of what u are doing joor! If u overspend now at least u won't feel cheated, u will just learn and move on!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:18am On Mar 29, 2019
Fogman:
Send me a WhatsApp message (see my signature), I have someone who assist me to truck and ship my vehicles from US, but I don't know if he does auction

bro u do cars also?
Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by Fogman(m): 2:08am On Mar 29, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

bro u do cars also?
Yes sir
Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by Yanucar: 12:26am On Jul 01, 2022
Hello everyone, in our time, car transportation services have become in demand, since this method allows you to deliver a car over long distances safe and sound, and it is also very convenient for customers from different regions. Contact the best new york auto transport companies, which provide turnkey car selection and delivery services.
Re: Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? by Abdul111: 7:16am On Jul 03, 2022
DCTrendy:

hello sir, I'm looking to import cars too, NL research brought me to your page. I know its an old thread but I'd like to know if your shipping people are still active and how much do they charge??

(1) (Reply)

Is Opel Zafira A Good MPV Car For Transport? / Honda Accord EOD Bumper / 2009 - 2010 Corolla Ac Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.