Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation (28408 Views)

How I Curbed Vote-buying – Buhari / Chad Embassy Writes Nigeria On Chadian Military Videos In Circulation / Vote Buying: Buhari Raises Alarm Over Huge Dollars In Circulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by propynich123: 10:00pm On Feb 21, 2019
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by BiafraIsFree: 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2019
Of course, we saw you and your crimes partners.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by roladex(f): 10:05pm On Feb 21, 2019
Chai.oh God of heaven pls let this huge foreign currency flooding the country flood to my side too o.baba i beg.

1 Like

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by oganoble(m): 10:09pm On Feb 21, 2019
cptjacksparrow:
Political season is interesting in my country. The way individuals promote their preferred candidate is as if only one person determines the winner. We forget about personalities (candidates) and their party manifesto, their track records. What I can't really figure out is the way educated Nigerians play bias and ethnic politics in chosen their leaders, Omoyele Sowore and Mogelu are begging for our votes but the so called educated Nigerians still prefer old politicians who have failed us before. Nigeria my country, when will our youths be ready to save you from vampires.
I share your views widely. But the bitter truth is that Nigeria is a very unique society and education is very relative in our context. Sad to say, but you and I voting Sowore or Mogelu, would amount to little. Why? Because beyond Abuja, up North, where the voting strength is highest, no one knows them. And education is still an issue there as even the ones that have gone through the schools are still blinded by religious ethnocentrism. If we had an electoral college of elites, they may have stood a chance.It is only a gradual process but I think it is not yet time. But my consolation is that at list the process has been birthed and can only grow from here. Cheers
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by BiafraIsFree: 10:09pm On Feb 21, 2019
roladex:
Chai.oh God of heaven pls let this huge foreign currency flooding the country flood to my side too o.baba i beg.
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 21, 2019

1 Like

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 21, 2019
Naughtysite:

Very important question.

Very very important question and I do not see anything in this life that is as important as money. It is money before anything else. And I need my share. I strongly believe I will have to set a trap down before 2023 so I can be collecting my own share of these free money.

1 Like

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by oganoble(m): 10:14pm On Feb 21, 2019
cptjacksparrow:
Political season is interesting in my country. The way individuals promote their preferred candidate is as if only one person determines the winner. We forget about personalities (candidates) and their party manifesto, their track records. What I can't really figure out is the way educated Nigerians play bias and ethnic politics in chosen their leaders, Omoyele Sowore and Mogelu are begging for our votes but the so called educated Nigerians still prefer old politicians who have failed us before. Nigeria my country, when will our youths be ready to save you from vampires.
I share your views widely. But the bitter truth is that Nigeria is a very unique society and education is very relative in our context. Sad to say, but you and I voting Sowore or Mogelu, would amount to little. Why? Because beyond Abuja, up North, where the voting strength is highest, no one knows them. And education is still an issue there as even the ones that have gone through the schools are still blinded by religious ethnocentrism. If we had an electoral college of elites, they may have stood a chance.It is only a gradual process but I think it is not yet time. my consolation is that at least the process has been birthed and can only grow from here. So for me, the wise thing to do at this point is to vote for the lesser of the two most popular evils, depending on your judgment and personal conviction, while gradually but persistently demanding and advocating for total systematic reform.Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Aryin87(m): 10:38pm On Feb 21, 2019
If you are bored, worried or lonely and you need anyone to gist, discuss, debate, dialogue, chat or talk to as a companion; regardless of the topic, buzz me on my whatsapp. Here is my no- +234(0)8081102858

PS No gossip please. cool
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Deepthoughts: 10:40pm On Feb 21, 2019
titiloyeblog:
President Muhammadu Buhari says there is a huge amount of foreign currency flooding the country intended to influence the outcome of the general election beginning on Saturday.

According to Garba Shehu, the president’s senior special assistant on media and publicity, Buhari raised the alarm during the federal executive council (FEC) meeting on Wednesday.

Shehu said the president accused some politicians of flouting money laundering regulations in their desperate bid to capture political power.

He, however, commended the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for successfully tracking the money in “millions of United States dollars”.

According to him, the EFCC success followed the presidential directive to investigative agencies to probe a number of high profile cases.

He reassured the nation of his administration’s determination to wage relentless war against money laundering and terrorist financing.

Buhari also reiterated his appeal to Nigerians, especially politicians, to place the interest of the “country above all others, as they troop out to cast their votes in the coming elections’’.

Shehu’s statement comes hours after the EFCC alerted Nigerians that there were fake dollar notes in circulation.

Source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/02/vote-buying-buhari-says-huge-dollars-in.html

Two days ago, there was a story about a plane that crashed on the tarmac as a result of cash over load,in the video clip of the incident online,one can hear conversations in hausa with Apc been mentioned severally,there was also a story last week about Apc supporters fight at Abuja airport resulting to bags spilling their cash contents,I wonder why the efcc hasn't said anything concerning both cases,but I'm sure if any of those cases had pdp connections,the efcc would have dishing out all manners of claims by now,yet buhari the hypocrite will be forming useless saint.spits!.

3 Likes

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Shampoo77: 10:42pm On Feb 21, 2019
Mr. President and and Shehu Garba please you guys should show me the sharing point so that I can go and collect my share, useless liars.

1 Like

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by halohs: 10:51pm On Feb 21, 2019
cptjacksparrow:

My guy, majority of the voters are illiterates thereby leaving the literate ones no option than to choose the lesser of two evils.
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by lexy2014: 11:27pm On Feb 21, 2019
Glink2018:
Atiku is doing the same thing GEJ Did in 2015....
Spending dollars for election , yet he lost
Did d FG ask banks not 2b part of tomorrows public holiday because of Atiku?
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Ogbeni240: 11:28pm On Feb 21, 2019
ifyalways:
He should direct his query to Ganduje
Baby, send me ur account number u need to be credited asap.. Chai..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by banio: 11:48pm On Feb 21, 2019
Vote buying and selling shouldn't be our primary problem. We should be more concern if the votes will count.

I believe if our votes count, then vote buying will phase out with time.

Let our votes count. Shikina
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Gentleziggy(m): 11:51pm On Feb 21, 2019
Mr integrity my nyansh angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Ugo4hotish(m): 11:56pm On Feb 21, 2019
Naughtysite:

Stop typing rubbish
thunder go rape you soon.... mumu
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by NextBuhari: 12:05am On Feb 22, 2019
oganoble:
I share your views widely. But the bitter truth is that Nigeria is a very unique society and education is very relative in our context. Sad to say, but you and I voting Sowore or Mogelu, would amount to little. Why? Because beyond Abuja, up North, where the voting strength is highest, no one knows them. And education is still an issue there as even the ones that have gone through the schools are still blinded by religious ethnocentrism. If we had an electoral college of elites, they may have stood a chance.It is only a gradual process but I think it is not yet time. But my consolation is that at list the process has been birthed and can only grow from here. Cheers
The electoral college will be the easiest to bribe. The NASS has a semblance of an electoral college. Has it represented us to expectations?
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by NextBuhari: 12:07am On Feb 22, 2019
halohs:

My guy, majority of the voters are illiterates thereby leaving the literate ones no option than to choose the lesser of two evils.
Even the literate ones are illiterates!
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by jamesbonded: 12:39am On Feb 22, 2019
Stupid old man. I have not seen any dollar. Who is exchanging these dollars?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Nobody: 1:18am On Feb 22, 2019
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by seangy4konji: 1:40am On Feb 22, 2019
Same man that still lifted ganjuje hand up on stage. A looter of millions of dollars...no shame.
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by PresidoAtikuGcf: 1:55am On Feb 22, 2019
Buhari's security policy
Shiite? Shoot dead!
IPOB? Shoot dead!
Ballot box snatchers? Shoot dead!
Niger Delta militants? Shoot dead!
Fulani terrorists? Well, accommodate them by giving up your lands to avoid them murdering you and pray about it, hopefully they may stop someday.
Boko Haram? Catch them alive, grant amnesty, rehabilitate and reintegrate them into the society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by InvertedHammer: 4:03am On Feb 22, 2019
DammyGbade:
I won't mention any candidate or be partisan here but
I will vote for someone that will *B*-ring *U*-ltimate *H*-appiness *A*-nd *R*-estore *I*-ntegrity in the country.
Any *P-ATIKU-LAR* Candidate Whose intention is to loot and cause *Obi* To Our Treasury Will not succeed. #copied

/
You are still using "will" after 4 years?

grin grin

/
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 22, 2019
crappy & hypocritic as ever!

if ganDOLLAR can do it and get praised /endorsed by your intergrity-deficient self, ANYONE CAN!
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by kingbuchyno: 6:23am On Feb 22, 2019
Why is the president playing the victim, from reliable source APC collect PVC numbers and transfers cash to many of their members. I smell hypocrites from Mr president.
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Validated: 6:35am On Feb 22, 2019
Since APC pays #10000 in the guise of Tradermoni PDP will pay $100 per vote on 23rd. Nigeria must be rescued
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Enahorofrank11: 7:03am On Feb 22, 2019
See bellow

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 22, 2019
Gentleziggy:
Under buhari's watch it is a crime for one to b rich

You can be rich but one just has to pretend that he is poor by hiding your dollars in babanriga.

1 Like

Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by shutto: 10:52am On Feb 22, 2019
Naughtysite:

You mean nobody should sell bonse on election day ?
Avoid selling buns....��
Re: Vote Buying: Buhari Says ‘huge Dollars’ In Circulation by freddaboh(m): 11:38am On Feb 22, 2019
cptjacksparrow:

My brother, I taya for our country men o.
It's now obvious that the problem we have is not only about leadership but followership as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Considers Reversal Of Power Privatisation / Matawalle: Protests Against Buhari’s Medical Vacation Is An Attack On The North / 'unconfirmed Ministerial Nominee': Shehu Sani Mocks Imp, Religious Extremist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.