Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,994 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! (5276 Views)

Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion / Fela,2face And D'banj.who Is Naija Greatest? / PRYSE - REMEMBER THE NAME FT TUFACE AND M.I( NAIJA INDUSTRY DISS!!!!!!!!!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by tosinaded(m): 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2010
Java no need posting line. . .modey is a lyricist and no1 cums close!

As a rapper all he's got are lyrics. . . .after that nothing!
Thats y other rappers are more succesful dan he is. . , .

Modey cnt touch mi's delivery!
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by javalove(m): 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2010
@tosin

its u that knows he is a lyricist. . .the poster obviously doesnt know. . .

and other rappers are "richer" does not mean he is not "rich". . .

anywayz, i have neva been a fan of bragging about money and other stuffs. . .brag about skills and do it well

At least no one can come out and say he aint making money. . .

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 4:40pm On Aug 30, 2010
Quote from Tupacs song titled Bombfirst,

i gat a question for that nigga that sang paparazzi,
if u r not in the game wats ur fcking purpose,
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 4:42pm On Aug 30, 2010
keeping it real is not an xcuse for not selling records, alot of rappers did it,
Biggie, Jay-Z, Tupac, Dr Dre, Eminem e.t.c
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by Mobinga: 6:02pm On Aug 30, 2010
javalove:

@tosin

its u that knows he is a lyricist. . .the poster obviously doesnt know. . .

and other rappers are "richer" does not mean he is not "rich". . .

anywayz, i have neva been a fan of bragging about money and other stuffs. . .brag about skills and do it well

At least no one can come out and say he aint making money. . .

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!

He is the Best Nigerian rapper. . . End of Story

#Mobinga. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2010
Come give am the Award make we c,
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by CLASSIFYD(m): 8:17pm On Aug 30, 2010
Mi is 60% hiphop nd 40% commercial.
Modee is 90% hiphop nd jst 10% commercial.
Dat dnt mean dey aint both dope,it all depends on ur I.Q nd ur perception 4 rap.
Sadly enuf for modee,naija aint evovled enuf to accept raw hiphop.
In my opinion modee is doppest mind-cutting rappa in naija rite nw.

END OF STORY.
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 8:24pm On Aug 30, 2010
END OF STORY,
that must be end of part one, part two begin,

Mr CLASSIFYD this ur information shuld be classified n npt for nairaland readers,
COS i dnt know when commercial became a music Genre,
the fact that mode is hardcore doesnt mean his ninety percent hiphop,

CONTINUE THE STORY
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by CLASSIFYD(m): 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2010
Dude. . .realy STFU!!!
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 8:46pm On Aug 30, 2010
this an excerpts from Wikipedia,

Hip hop music is a musical genre that developed as part of hip hop culture, and is defined by four key stylistic elements: rapping, DJing/scratching, sampling (or synthesis), and beatboxing. Hip hop began in the South Bronx of New York City in the 1970s. The term rap is often used synonymously with hip hop, but hip hop denotes the practices of an entire subculture
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by Genuflect(m): 9:04pm On Aug 30, 2010
CLASSIFYD:

Dude. . .realy STFU!!!
LMAOOO
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by Fred87(m): 9:05pm On Aug 30, 2010
Oh dejahvu,oh dejahvu,y hath thou chose not to,,,,,, m9 is a dope sample of an emcee,m.i's ill too,bt lyrically m9 wins heads,nd chicks(i.e nt gurls) for d latta.m9 na badman wellaaaa.eeeezz
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 10:44pm On Aug 30, 2010
for u to say mode is better lyrically then it means MIs lyrics r wack n dont make sense,

but it aint like that, cos Mis lyrics r deep too, His ish gat u hook like Nicotine at the same time builds like protein,
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by Mobinga: 10:54pm On Aug 30, 2010
All these NewComers sef?? Very Clueless
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 10:58pm On Aug 30, 2010
All these old people self, outdated
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dlox01(m): 11:23pm On Aug 30, 2010
this is about lyrics not who is more successful in sales of records,
mode 9 is a far better lyricist. M.I has his style and delivery but mode9 will crush him line for line!!!
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 11:43pm On Aug 30, 2010
organise the battle make we cee,
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 11:47pm On Aug 30, 2010
Una just dey shout lyrics lyrics, pls enlighten us MI fans so that we wil pass the message to MI, n tell him that mode fans have a problem with
his lyrics,

My guy record sales is part of ur success stories,
Great Rappers like Tupac, Biggie, Jay Z, Lauryn Hill, Nas, r platinum selling artist
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 11:48pm On Aug 30, 2010
how can i forget EMinem, Snoop, DMX,
even WuTang Clan which claim to be doing real Hiphop rap were selling records
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dlox01(m): 4:24pm On Aug 31, 2010
dejahvu:

Una just dey shout lyrics lyrics, pls enlighten us MI fans so that we wil pass the message to MI, n tell him that mode fans have a problem with
his lyrics,

My guy record sales is part of your success stories,
Great Rappers like Tupac, Biggie, Jay Z, Lauryn Hill, Nas, r platinum selling artist
for you to know who is better, you have to understand both parties, most people like you find it very difficult to understand mode9(maybe coz he is too advanced and his wordplay gets you dizzy or something). you can only be that good a judge if you understand both, i can rap almost all of M.Is songs and quote his lyrics but it is not half as deep as Mode9's,   a punchline from mode is like a verse from M.I,
and remember, a stitch in time wont save you from Mode 9, lol

before these people you have mentioned above, rap existed, and they never went near platinum, is it because they could not rap or they could rap?no, there is alot that goes on at the back that makes you a sucessful rapper or artist, there is the business part of it, your management?yes, the marketing of these records. Soldjah boy tell em' and these other goons have gone multiplatinum but does that make them better than Mode9 or M.I lyrically?NO!! Nas was spiting his throat out when Nelly was going platinum on his head wasnt he?is Nelly a better rapper? Mode9 record label vs MIs label, which has a better financial muscle and connection and promotion?your guess is as good as mine,
Canibus chewed every member of the wutang clan in a freestyle battle but has he ever gone near platinum? the truth is as time goes on the game changes, mode9 was rapping when this country didn't apreciate what he was doing(same did cannibus) but now rap is changing MOST RAPPERS SING SEF so rap wouldnt die an untimely death while other genres like ROCK which appeals to the masses more still lives!!!
M.Is lyrics go boomshakalakaalaba and thats it grin
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2010
My frnd SHUP UP there,
I understand everything mode nine says,
I make more headline than cornrows n partin, na im i no understand

Just as u say u can rap every MIs line
Thats how i can rap Tupacs Lines,
That don’t mean his words r not deep,

Mind u before all those people i mentioned,
There were rappers who went platinum,
IceT, NWA, LLcool J,

Some people are good in freestyle but gat wack albums,
Ur album goes a long way to tell how talented u r, no be by freestyle or one hit wonders,

MI made rap readily acceptable in naija, music itself did not change, MI changed it,

EMINEM still raps, his current album is a hit n he was not singing,
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dlox01(m): 10:03pm On Aug 31, 2010
^^^ for a minute i thought u were a retard, but now il have to dwell on it that YOU ARE A RETARD!!!
Pls break down that line you just spat out of your jaw to us to prove you are just not quoting it.

alot of nigerians prefer Pac to biggie mainly because there is a connection there. many do understand his lyrics,its practically a sing along but biggie?nah!!you'll probably understand a line or two(but as for you, none) but that dont mean its crap.

where were all these people you mentioned when Mc hammer went 10times platinum with hammer dont hurt 'em album?they were rapping abi??LL cool J kept it with d ladies and most of his hits were bought by ladies, he had a way of selling himself and it worked for him, eminem was/is controversial if he no curse 'em mama today na 'em wife,that was his way of marketing himself.
then maybe your album could show how talented you are but not nowadays, if you want to hear or see talent GO ON THE STREET YOUNG MAN AND HEAR TALENT, not these dudes taking and retaking their lines in the studio 50 times with hot beats that even over shadow their rap. You want to talk talent? listen to the late DaGrin, hear his freestyle on jimmyz jump off, infact watch it,digest it and shut you trap!!!watch Mode9 on it,digest it n put a cork in ur a**
Music did not change?i think you should call me so i can hook you up with real albums, albums that went plat when rock and RnB were going 10times plat. Not now when yori yori is going plat, n people like you judge by just sales and not content.

M.I raps well but he has only contributed to rap and not changed it, before him there were many and after him there will be more!! his just droped one album o!!!!
and oh yeah, he featured with one gurl(cant remember d name of the song but it has a video)that was one hell of a wack song!!i pray he never tries it again
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 10:12pm On Aug 31, 2010
thats the thing, Mi just dropped one Album but e dey cause confusion,

U say Biggie is hard to digest, ur brain dey pain u if biggie they hard u, wetin hard for
Girl u look fine
like a white face rolex u just shine
i like ur waistline
let me hit u from behind
which one u wanna wine
my girl gin n wine
ive been digging u long time,
plenty biggie flows be like that , if na Mi talk this lines una go call am Wordplay or stringing words

Otondo like you,
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2010
to win FIFA world player of the year u have to be playing in a top league,
if u dey play ball for sand field Ajao estate, n u play pass Messi, no body go give u World footballer of the Year,
u have to convert ur street talent to studio, then we will talk about you,
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 10:16pm On Aug 31, 2010
before Usain Bolt their were many and after him their will be many, but na him dey reign, so is MI
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dlox01(m): 11:00pm On Aug 31, 2010
dejahvu:

thats the thing, Mi just dropped one Album but e dey cause confusion,

U say Biggie is hard to digest, your brain dey pain u if biggie they hard u, wetin hard for
Girl u look fine
like a white face rolex u just shine
i like your waistline
let me hit u from behind
which one u wanna wine
my girl gin n wine
ive been digging u long time,
plenty biggie flows be like that , if na Mi talk this lines una go call am Wordplay or stringing words

Otondo like you,
with all the dope lines BIG dropped, this is the one you understand after googling it??chei, when people said you had a screw loose i thought they were joking oh, grin shocked shocked, this guy is an attention seeking retard
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dlox01(m): 11:12pm On Aug 31, 2010
before alot of these naija rap artists blew up, we had some you called rappers, like idris abdulkareem, yea, people like you studied and digested him and said,

dejahvu:

to win FIFA world player of the year u have to be playing in a top league,
if u dey play ball for sand field Ajao estate, n u play pass Messi, no body go give u World footballer of the Year,
u have to convert your street talent to studio, then we will talk about you,

and,

dejahvu:

before Usain Bolt their were many and after him their will be many, but na him dey reign, so is IDRIS

WELL as you can see, nobody is paying you any mind coz you obviously are not a die hard fan of MI you're just an attention seeker with a retarded brain that thinks he knows what rap is about. Im probably the last person that would comment on this thread, so, take good care of yourself and i hope you get pregnant sucking on MIs di*k, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 4:25am On Sep 01, 2010
with all the dope lines BIG dropped, this is the one you understand after googling it??chei, when people said you had a screw loose i thought they were joking oh, Grin Shocked Shocked, this guy is an attention seeking retard

Mumu, so na google u dey use follow me talk since, that means it so difficult for ur Myopic Brain that u think everyone has to google to know it,
well, i did not, cos thats a song we use to sing back then in school, i culd sing more biggie lines like
Fist things first i poppa freaks all the honeys, dummies
playboy bunnies dont wanting money
does that dont one penetration
unless it smells like penetration, n it continues
cos when i see u, guarantee to be in ICU,

they r simple like u said, But he is one of the greatest to leave
and it will surpirise u to knw that im a fan of Tupac not Biggie,

WELL as you can see, nobody is paying you any mind coz you obviously are not a die hard fan of MI you're just an attention seeker with a retarded brain that thinks he knows what rap is about. Im probably the last person that would comment on this thread, so, take good care of yourself and i hope you get pregnant sucking on MIs di*k,
then u must be a nobody cos u have been paying attention,
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 4:27am On Sep 01, 2010
oh i forgot, even if, i got the attention,
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dlox01(m): 10:06am On Sep 02, 2010
LMAO, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by hectorswag(m): 9:23am On Sep 04, 2010
:d
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by phantom(m): 7:35pm On Sep 04, 2010
wow MI sells a million copies and hes suddenly the greatest lyricist, lol,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don Jazzy's First Produced Track With Jay-z, Kanye & Beyonce - Lift Off / Kanye West Signs D'banj? / Ebiere's New Video: Tamara Mbana:exclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.