Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! (5273 Views)

Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion / Fela,2face And D'banj.who Is Naija Greatest? / PRYSE - REMEMBER THE NAME FT TUFACE AND M.I( NAIJA INDUSTRY DISS!!!!!!!!!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 04, 2010
You've got to be an Intellect to understand Mode Nine.
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dlox01(m): 8:39pm On Sep 04, 2010
phantom:

wow MI sells a million copies and hes suddenly the greatest lyricist, lol,
una dey mind this retard??rating lyrics side by side copies sold, he thinks idris abdulkareem is better than Mode9 also ; angry
babaearly:

i think you have to break it down for him to understand your words coz he isnt an intellect, do u speak 'retard language'??
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by eroticme: 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2010
Respect to Modenine he's a great rapper on his own right but MI is the bestest. C'mon that guy is a phenomenum, he's head and shoulders above all rappers and lyricist in Nigeria. MI will even hold his own among the best rappers and lyricists in the world. Infact MI is the god of rap and lyrics. QED
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 06, 2010
erotic_me:

Respect to Modenine he's a great rapper on his own right but MI is the bestest. C'mon that guy is a phenomenum, he's head and shoulders above all rappers and lyricist in Nigeria. MI will even hold his own among the best rappers and lyricists in the world. Infact MI is the god of rap and lyrics. QED

M.I is superficial. Like reading from a book to know his next steps. prove me wrong
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by eldee(m): 9:21pm On Sep 06, 2010
babaearly:

Nah . . . B.S.
Rhymestein understands Modenine, his IQ is 0.3.
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2010
eldee:

Nah . . . B.S.
Rhymestein understands Modenine, his IQ is 0.3.

You feel putting up your postcode makes you feel like Einstein. Small Pikin! Dull Brain!
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by eldee(m): 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2010
babaearly:

You feel putting up your postcode makes you feel like Einstein. Small Pikin! Dull Brain!

Everyone that's ever picked up a newspaper knows that it's the postcode for 10, Downing Street.
Join the flipping queue man . . . haterz ti poju.

Last time I dissed your ass, you went to report to Sauron and TKB. . . you're a joke. grin grin
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 06, 2010
eldee:

Everyone that's ever picked up a newspaper knows that it's the postcode for 10, Downing Street.
Join the flipping queue man . . . haterz ti poju.

Last time I dissed your backside, you went to report to Sauron and TKB. . . you're a joke. grin grin

Haterz? You are a freaking Joke. Using me to boost your ego? You village boy.
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by eldee(m): 10:13pm On Sep 06, 2010
babaearly:

Haterz? You are a freaking Joke. Using me to boost your ego? You village boy.

Isn't hating the only thing y'all are useful for??

Village boy?? I laugh in Wackstein. grin grin
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 06, 2010
eldee:

Isn't hating the only thing y'all are useful for??

Village boy?? I laugh in Wackstein. grin grin

guy i aint hating on you coz to me you aint no Poo, You just a paper bag nothing more.
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by eldee(m): 11:39pm On Sep 06, 2010
babaearly:

guy i aint hating on you coz to me you aint no Poo, You just a paper bag nothing more.

Dude . . . like the rest of em, you didn't exist to me a few minutes ago, you'll stop existing to me in a few minutes.
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 07, 2010
eldee:

Dude . . . like the rest of em, you didn't exist to me a few minutes ago, you'll stop existing to me in a few minutes.

eh eh na who you be now? U mean nada to me. Yoruba Tout
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by Emperor5c(m): 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2010
pple say M.I name da best 3 n i say me,me,me
actors study my tactics.
am hot u re nt ogbono u can't copy me i solo like isolo
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejiariyo1: 11:08pm On Sep 07, 2010
Emperor5c:

pple say M.I name da best 3 n i say me,me,me
actors study my tactics.
am hot u re nt ogbono u can't copy me i solo like isolo

Mi is good no doubt but just not the best in Nigeria and you cant even compare dude to phero.
Pls modenine fans shud stop bringing him into this kind of discussions,u can compare M.I and Ruggedman as well, why must modenine come up in threads like this?
No one has released more songs in Nigeria than modenine in last 5 year
And pple quoting M.I lines on here are not doing him no justice what is the meaning of lyrics you just posted dude?
Something you would not think Soulja boy would spit, pls M.I has better lyrics than that.
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by medjai(m): 11:26am On Sep 08, 2010
MI, Naija's greatest lyricist? Not in his wildest fantasy
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 11:54am On Sep 08, 2010
But u dont have to be an intellect to understand Biggie Smalls, Tupac, Jay Z, Nas and M.I,
that doesnt make mode nine better than the rest,
hear name of album the Da Vinci Mode na only u go school abi even Naeto C wey get Msc Degree no dey do like that, u for cal the album Modeception,

No one has released more songs in Nigeria than modenine in last 5 year
No b by number of Songs
1 gold 2 silver medals in the olympics is rated higher than
No gold 10 silver medals
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejiariyo1: 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2010
dejahvu:

No b by number of Songs
1 gold 2 silver medals in the olympics is rated higher than
No gold 10 silver medals

What does this have to do with the statement i made ?
Does that change the fact Modenine is a legend in Africa? i dont think so
Unless you want to tell me modenine has bad lyrics then, You might just tell me any rapper in Nigeria that made a better song than Cry and Africa by modenine and those two tracks are not even modenine best songs.
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by hectorswag(m): 3:05pm On Sep 08, 2010
m.i is way superior to modenine!! end of story cool
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 11:50pm On Sep 08, 2010
You might just tell me any rapper in Nigeria that made a better song than Cry and Africa by modenine and those two tracks are not even modenine best songs.
Touch and Go, By Entity
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by hectorswag(m): 2:27am On Sep 09, 2010
tongue
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by McCoy91(m): 10:18am On Sep 12, 2010
Mehn, this thread shudda ended on page 3 afta Javalove posted dos Mode9. Are pipl so incorrigible?
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by semid4lyfe(m): 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2010
Topic should read Modenine: Naija Greatest Lyricist Ever!

By the way, why didn't Modenine shoot a video for the track 'Africa'? Na wrong songs the guy dey always shoot videos for. . .I tire for am as per dat level.
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 11:22pm On Sep 12, 2010
Mehn, this thread shudda ended on page 3 afta Javalove posted dos Mode9. Are pipl so incorrigible?
Tell Seun to end the thread,
By the way, why didn't Modenine shoot a video for the track 'Africa'? Na wrong songs the guy dey always shoot videos for. . .I tire for am as per dat level.
Thats wat we r talking about, Music aint about ur lyrics
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by Genuflect(m): 1:40am On Sep 13, 2010
dejahvu:

Thats wat we r talking about, Music aint about your lyrics
But this thread is about lyrics. Check the title again
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by Mobinga: 2:35am On Sep 13, 2010
Genuflect:

Tellem
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2010
this thread is about MIs Lyrics, why did u mention Mode9
Check again you too,
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by Genuflect(m): 3:50pm On Sep 14, 2010
dejahvu:

this thread is about MIs Lyrics, why did u mention Mode9
Check again you too,
This thread is about calling MI Naija's Greatest Naija Lyricist Ever and not about his lyrics. Oya, you check again
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by lawyerchap(m): 5:52pm On Sep 14, 2010
Well, i'm not going to hide the fact that i actually prefer MI to Modey. They are both tight rappers that's for sure, but MI's lines have managed to get the loudest exclamations out of me perhaps because of the way he delivers them. I heard one a couple of days ago while stuck in traffic and i yelled my head off. Other folks thought the traffic had gotten to me, but i didn't care really. The line was pure fire.

I'm a barren avocado tree, no pear (peer).

Check out MI's verse on DJ Neptune's 123 remix. It was pure murder on the mic. And he completely killed the attitude on the video.

Then i heard a line i thought was really deep on his 'Hustle Remix' with SAS

hustle is the code, its the heat, its the burning

its the street, its your feet, its the yearning

cos that ish'll make a man out of vermin

Can you imagine the depth of thinking required to think up a situation where something can make a rat into a man? That line totally bowled me over when i thought about it.

If i had to call it between them, i'd hand it to MI by the slimmest of margins. But that's just me.
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dejahvu(m): 12:14am On Sep 15, 2010

Finish Him, Lyricality
Mi passes his message as short and easily as possible, No botanical names

Listen to Bad man by modenine
Mode9 was delivering his Raps like MI in za song,
ehen why u wan dey cofi cofi,
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by javalove(m): 7:52am On Sep 15, 2010
lawyerchap:

Well, i'm not going to hide the fact that i actually prefer MI to Modey. They are both tight rappers that's for sure, but MI's lines have managed to get the loudest exclamations out of me perhaps because of the way he delivers them. I heard one a couple of days ago while stuck in traffic and i yelled my head off. Other folks thought the traffic had gotten to me, but i didn't care really. The line was pure fire.

Check out MI's verse on DJ Neptune's 123 remix. It was pure murder on the mic. And he completely killed the attitude on the video.

Then i heard a line i thought was really deep on his 'Hustle Remix' with SAS

hustle is the code, its the heat, its the burning

its the street, its your feet, its the yearning

cos that ish'll make a man out of vermin

Can you imagine the depth of thinking required to think up a situation where something can make a rat into a man? That line totally bowled me over when i thought about it.

If i had to call it between them, i'd hand it to MI by the slimmest of margins. But that's just me.

Those lines are too weak my brother. . .i think deciphering lyrics boils down to how intelligent the listener is. . .compare those lines with

I got punchlines and crazy puns and like OCCUPANTS OF A CONVENT you got Nun (None)

or with

You are not a REAL PLAYER, you just a PROGRAM on your PC

or with

You is like a BOSS with no GUTS, never FIRING/
Mr Biggs is Hiring/
Get a job or break away/
Right now I'm ORDERING THE MIC TAKEAWAY/
Blow the fake away/
If they threat/
I trat the game, like a real sick bird/
YOU WOULDN'T TEST EVEN IF U WAS A RAP VET/

and so on. . .

we are not saying MI is totally wack lyrically even though he is a bit wack. . .

Calling him the greatest lyricist ever is an insult to my brain. . .and to to those eho recognise real. .
There are lots of rappers beter than MI lyrically. .

Pherowsheous will kill him. .
OD and Terry will kill him. .

What he is doing better than others is just the way he delivers his rap. . that delivery will immediately cover the brains of som1 who doesn't really understand the game. . .but the real heads can filter. . .

So please. . .lets end this thread here

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by dlox01(m): 9:22am On Sep 15, 2010
^^^^glad some1 else is telling them!!! angry
Re: M.i - Naija's Greatest Lyricist Ever! by Fred87(m): 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2010
Tell who.eeezz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Need Link For Dj Rannys Okpo Records Mix / Download Nonso Amadi - Emmergency (instrumental) / New Artist Call Joy Da Jungle Bunny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.