Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift (19801 Views)

Ogun Pastor Israel Adebayo Arrested For Raping 14-Year-Old Church Choir Member / 47-Year-Old Man Jailed For Life For Raping 14-Year-Old Stepdaughter In Calabar / Happiness Nwokocha Declared Wanted By Police For Raping 14-Year-Old Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by GistMore: 3:27am On Feb 22, 2019
GistMore.com

A Lagos-based landlord, James Onuoha, who was accused of raping his tenant’s 14-year-old niece, has denied the allegation, but said that the N1,000 he gave her was a Christmas gift.

Onuoha is standing trial before a Lagos State High Court in Igbosere on four counts bordering on defilement.

The prosecutor, Jide Martins, had told the court that Onuoha wilfully had an unlawful sexual intercourse with the victim without her consent.

He said the offences contravened sections 134 (2), 135 (1), 137 and 258 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2011.

Martins had called several witnesses, including the victim, to prove his case.

At Thursday’s proceedings, Onuoha, while being led in evidence by his counsel, Victor Olowonla, explained to the court how he visited his house at No. 25 Samuel Amoore Street, Idowu Estate, Oke-Ira Nla, Ajah, Lagos, on January 4, 2016, to inspect the premises and meet his tenant, Kenneth, who he said owed him two years’ rent.

He stated, “I called Kenneth on several occasions but he did not answer his calls; I decided to visit him at home but when I got there, Kenneth was not there.

“I knocked on the door to Kenneth’s apartment, a young girl came out and said Kenneth was not around. I asked the girl her age, she said she was 16 years old and she granted me access to the apartment so that I could carry out an inspection.

“In the past, Kenneth used to hide from me, so I thought he was hiding. I got into the apartment for inspection; I did not touch her (the girl); it was during the Christmas period and that was why I gave her N1,000 as a gift.

“Two days after my visit to the house, I got a telephone call from my office that my tenant (Kenneth) had reported that I raped a girl.

“I was also called by the police from the Lamgbasa Police Station and the case was transferred to the Zone 2 Police Command.”

Onuoha, during cross-examination by the state counsel, admitted that he did not inform the tenant before visiting the house.

He added that he never knew that the victim just came to Lagos to stay with her uncle at the time of the incident.

The presiding judge, Justice Adedayo Akintoye, adjourned the case till March 28, for the continuation of hearing.

The prosecutor had earlier told the court that Onuoha allegedly committed the offences on January 4, 2016, around 11.30am at No. 25 Samuel Amoore Street, Idowu Estate, Oke-Ira Nla, Ajah, Lagos.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/landlord-denies-raping-14-year-old-says-n1000-was-christmas-gift/amp/

1 Like

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by GistMore: 3:28am On Feb 22, 2019
Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by amaniro: 3:42am On Feb 22, 2019
Some of these bloggers keep fueling unnecessary tribalism. Must you tell us the name?. and the moderators will happily push the tribalistic thread to the front page. Typical nairaland.

11 Likes

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by daddytime(m): 4:19am On Feb 22, 2019
Landlord Onuoha is the real Father Christmas. ..stupid agbaya

Why do I think Kenneth must have been hiding somewhere in the house and was watching a livestream of his niece getting molested but cowardly watched on as she got defiled because he owed rent.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by IvarTheBoneless: 2:40pm On Feb 22, 2019
" ONUOHA"

Rape and crimes are glued to their DNA...they just can't help it

amaniro:
Some of these bloggers keep fueling unnecessary tribalism. Must you tell us the name?. and the moderators will happily push the tribalistic thread to the front page. Typical nairaland.

Why should they hide the identity of a criminal ? Tell your developers to stop committing crimes if you are ashamed and not proud of them

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by enemyofprogress: 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2019
So he gaved her 1k for Christmas
Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by Baawaa(m): 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2019
The case get K-leg,but If police interrogate the girl very well they will get the facts

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by Govo4me2u(m): 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2019
Ok
Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by enemyofprogress: 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2019
amaniro:
the landlord na ibo man o grin grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by Enoch07: 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2019
Okay
Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by RexTramadol1: 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2019
jυѕт caмe тo cнecĸ ѕoмeтнιng

and ι’м υnperтυrвed

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by xynerise: 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2019
They should conduct a test for evidence
Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 22, 2019
a Lagos landlord

Wake me up when you see a Yorubaman with property outside yorubaland.

8 Likes

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by Codezz: 3:56pm On Feb 22, 2019
I'm sure the man didn't committed the crime.

5 Likes

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by Fadedvoices2: 3:56pm On Feb 22, 2019
The tenant might just be framing him up

Why can’t they have dna and foresenic tests to determine rape in Nigeria ? Lots of fake rape accusations

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by Fadedvoices2: 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2019
xynerise:
They should conduct a test for evidence

Yeah. I think the landlord is being framed up

11 Likes

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by xynerise: 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:
Kenneth ONUOHA

Rape and crimes are glued to their DNA...they just can't help it

I guess you didn't read it. They are different people

3 Likes

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2019
RIP(rest in prison)
Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by PrinzEleju: 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2019
;DOnuoha sounds afonja to me,abi no be so?
Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2019
Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by MKULTRA: 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2019
amaniro:
Thunder fire your mouth there

If he was from another tribe we all know your comment will be different.

6 Likes

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by Cumtroller: 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2019
James OLUFEMI Onuoha wanted to develop the underage kpekus. He spent years in Lagos and picked up the evil, sexual depraved nature of Afonja’s.

I have nothing but disdain for halfbreed Igbos.

Development gone wrong, kill him!!!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by KrystosCJ(m): 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2019
amaniro:

NL mods are unabashedly the best hate speech fuelers in Africa.

It is in NL that the word "Afonja" was first used to coin Yorubas.

It is in NL that the word "Fl@theads" was used to describe Igbos.

Sooner or later, growing generations of social media savvy Nigerian children may forget the true name of ethnic tribes in Nigeria.
Thanks to the tribalistic NL mods who don't do anything to sanitize their forums.

IMO, they should just arrest one of them for crimes of promoting hate speech. The flames of ethnic bashing are too intense here.

8 Likes

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by Nelz77: 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2019
Typical case of The Hunter being hunted.
It’s either a consensual sex or no sex.
The 1,000 gift says it all.

Rapists don’t pay after!!!!

1 Like

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by xynerise: 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2019
Fadedvoices2:

Yeah. I think the landlord is being framed up

Exactly. Especially when the reporter(Witness) is the said tenant hiding from him.
Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by Randy100: 3:59pm On Feb 22, 2019
The man may be innocent.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by Fourwinds: 4:00pm On Feb 22, 2019
Christmas gift in January... What a generous landlord

1 Like

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by don4real18(m): 4:00pm On Feb 22, 2019
Well, I guess he was framed cos of rent

1 Like

Re: Landlord Denies Raping 14-Year-Old Girl, Says N1,000 Was Christmas Gift by Divepen1(m): 4:01pm On Feb 22, 2019
None of them had any witness. The girl might be working with her uncle to frame the man or he might have truly raped her.
Where were the witnesses when he raped her. No noise or nothing?
So, the only thing we hope for is that the judge
removes sentiments from this issue.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ataga Kidnap: Police Arrest Teacher For Spreading Fake News / Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches / I Was Saved By A Drug Addict From Sleeping In A Police Cell; Man Reveals. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.