Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,776 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! (2504 Views)

Work In Progress (vw Beetle) / 2007 VW Phaeton: Is It A Good Idea To Buy This Car? / Should I Go For Passat Vw Or Toyota Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2010
Hmmm still on this golf 3 issue. A friend and I got this clean golf from cotonou  and have been loving it ever since. What I think is that it uses gas as well. Now what I dnt know is why it consimes a lot more fuel than my own golf 3!! Is it that the system wacked? Here are the various pics of the parts of the engine tweaked to use gas. Please what kind of modification is this and can it be removed? What are the implications if removed . Plus any other   suggestions/  as to the type of  engine modifications?

Mwile na cooking gas the tin day use? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin

Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 5:29pm On Aug 26, 2010

Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2010

Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 5:31pm On Aug 26, 2010
angry angry

Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 5:33pm On Aug 26, 2010
sad

Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 5:34pm On Aug 26, 2010

Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 8:21am On Aug 27, 2010
Still waiting for another view on this quest ooooo!!!
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2010
undecided undecided
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2010
?? Where dem naaa, Sienna, Kunle A, una travel?
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by chelseabmw(m): 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2010
kunle wife newly born for hospial while sienna go find another audi make e buy
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2010
angry angry^^^ chibmw, Shuo!!!!!!! ohhhh !!!!
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 6:32pm On Sep 01, 2010
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 6:37pm On Sep 03, 2010
I still await responses naaaaaaaaaa
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by obi58: 7:51pm On Sep 03, 2010
i'm not any kind of car guru but don't you think it would have been pertinent to inspect and investigate the engine BEFORE THE CAR WAS PURCHASED

i may be wrong but from the look i suspect your car''s engine has been modified to handle some alternative fuel source. it could be for improved performance [speed boost] in which case the gas compressor like apparatus will be probable or maybe to enable the engine use leaded and unleaded fuel.

i'm just guessing.
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2010
Hmmmmmmm well we sure did inspectthe engine before purchase its justthat we tink say na ordinary gas e day use ooo grin grin grin grin, u mite be rite sha,
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 4:42pm On Sep 04, 2010
Any more suggestions?
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 5:25pm On Sep 04, 2010
bump
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by chelseabmw(m): 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2010
u go wait tire
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 7:07pm On Sep 06, 2010
Shuo, Chelsea, wch wan be ya own naa angry angry Help matters if you can joooo
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 5:19pm On Sep 08, 2010
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 8:06pm On Sep 12, 2010
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 12, 2010
That engine has been converted to run LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas. Looking at the injectors and solenoid valves, it's a Multi Port system, so gas is introduced into the plenum chamber after the throttle body, in each individual system. The basic set-up just has a crude injector between the airbox and throttle body, commonly referred to as a "backfire system."

I'm a certified installer of LPG systems on petrol-engined cars and light commercials. It's a fuel-saving aid, rather than a performance enhancer. It burns a lot cleaner than petrol, and is considerably cheaper than regular petrol too. In Britain, typical price of LPG is £0,59p per litre, whereby regular unleaded is on average £1,11p - £1,14p for the same amount.

Cars runrunning LPG in Britain are exempt from Central London's congestion charge.

Your VW Golf III will not run any differently due to the LPG conversion. If it's switched over to petrol, it runs just as any similar petrol-powered Golf would. It's possible your car isn't running at optimal performance, which would account for poor MPG figures. Or, it may well be normal in it's consumption, depending on what you term "high consumption", and what engine is fitted to your own Golf III vs this one.
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by oblo(m): 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2010
OGA Sienna thank God!!!! !!! Did you travel?Not heard from you in a long time!!!!! I was wondering,

Mine has a 1.8 engine and to me I should think the MPG is not bad. He just might have to get used to it!!!

But would removing the LPG setup cause any problems assuming he does want to yank it of?

Thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 12, 2010
^^^ I'm good, bro. Been around, just adjusting to parenthood, but all settled now. smiley

Removing the LPG installation won't cause any issues, though there will have to be quite a few changed. For instance, the intake manifold will have to be replaced, as the old one's been drilled and tapped to accept the LPG injector valves. I'd be inclined to leave it in place.
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by kayoday(m): 8:11am On Jan 12, 2011
Oga Siena kindly help to attend to this

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-582684.0.html

thanks
Re: Sienna: Vw Gurus In The House! by Pappee: 10:17am On Jan 12, 2011
latest father Sienna,

How baby and Madam? Na Abigirl or Bonboy? Abeg i need yr advice o, me self get VW issues. I currently enjoy my Bora, no issue I cannot handle. But now it emits white smoke after gear 3 and accelaration, it also dry up engine oil, I learnt my 1.4 engine is gone. I have been receiving ideas to convert it to Golf3 engine. Is this possible, any likely problem? if you are in my shoes what will you do. I still like the ride.

exetend my regards to your family.

Regards,
'Jide

(1) (Reply)

Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! / Picture Of My Damaged Car After An Accident / RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.