Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper (25417 Views)

Osun Election: How ThisDay Newspaper Captioned Adeleke's Victory / Abubakri Yekini's ThisDay Newspaper Advert Discrediting #EndSARS Report / Pressure Mounts On APC To Disqualify Obaseki From Guber Race - Thisday Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by vertueptime: 8:01am On Feb 22, 2019
Very ambigious post
Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by Smile4daddy(m): 8:03am On Feb 22, 2019
Go and ask Peter Obi if I lied, in China, they don't spare Fraudulent people and boxes snatchers, they shoot them and their family pay for the bullets

1 Like

Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by ojtech8291: 8:04am On Feb 22, 2019
Is it not so glaring now that APC is responsible for the postponement? I belong to no-party but to every parties! Gullible people will still digest it and walk along.
Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by mfm04622: 8:06am On Feb 22, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
But everything has being printed nau. Do we reprint all the documents Few days to election shocked shocked ah na wa for the Judiciary oooooooo

Senatorial and House if representatives elections in Zamfara may have to be postponed
Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by Seetto: 8:07am On Feb 22, 2019
espeeroke:
The Dullard is going...

Meanwhile, currently in Kogi State, Yaya Bello through the respective Local Government Administrators has resorted to the usage of SARS to wantonly arrest PDP stalwarts and supporters who they believe could be a hinderance to their devilish plot. Currently, some of us are in hiding for no just reason. But for supporting PDP. Some of our leaders framed. Yaya is frustrated, having seen the great embarrassment awaiting him at the poll.

In my hiding, I am earnestly praying for a miserable death for all the security officers and others who volunteered to perverse the course of justice for a token
AMEN

PLEASE SAVE OUR SOUL from the DEMON, YAYA BELLO and HIS Agents

Every party has mafias..

Yahaya bello and el rufai, obviously are the APC mafias, the likes of dino and wike.
Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 22, 2019
APC controls the court of appeal. And they are trying to take over the Apex court too.
Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by Emperor2463(m): 8:09am On Feb 22, 2019
In this few days of buhari saying that anyone caught with ballot box should be killed I have come to realize that PDP is nothing but a bunch of criminals, anyone thinking that Atiku can make a difference should have a rethink because Atiku is not only going there for his own selfish interest but also for the selfish interest of Obasanjo, so before you vote stand for a few seconds and think this pdp I'm about voting are they what they appear to be, believe me before now I was rooting for Atiku, but this PDP guys are bunch of thieves, voting for PDP is as selling this country Nigeria.. I HAVE SAID MY OWN O...

1 Like

Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by israelmao(m): 8:10am On Feb 22, 2019
That will not change Buhari's misfortune on Saturday.
Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by Danfixed0433: 8:11am On Feb 22, 2019
See prove below

Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by seunogunmolu1: 8:16am On Feb 22, 2019
If you snatch ballots box you will die, whether you go to court or you die on the spot, anyway you die, and if you still go to court you will still die, don’t snatch ballot box if you don’t want to die
Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by Addme: 8:16am On Feb 22, 2019
.......Btw has INEC announced the staggering of elections as posted by our twitter Pastor "Reno Omokri"?

Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 22, 2019
grin grin grin You just started hiding ode, idiot is in one pototo red sand hut like that in gala hawkers land,
be coming here and forming... Can you imagine
espeeroke:
The Dullard is going...

Meanwhile, currently in Kogi State, Yaya Bello through the respective Local Government Administrators has resorted to the usage of SARS to wantonly arrest PDP stalwarts and supporters who they believe could be a hinderance to their devilish plot. Currently, some of us are in hiding for no just reason. But for supporting PDP. Some of our leaders framed. Yaya is frustrated, having seen the great embarrassment awaiting him at the poll.

In my hiding, I am earnestly praying for a miserable death for all the security officers and others who volunteered to perverse the course of justice for a token
AMEN

PLEASE SAVE OUR SOUL from the DEMON, YAYA BELLO and HIS Agents
Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by gsx30072: 8:22am On Feb 22, 2019
color

Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by Dakad: 8:23am On Feb 22, 2019
I'm 100% certain if the reverse have the case and PDP is the one banned by INEC you guys would have been calling international community to rescue Nigeria democracy. We condemn when it doesn't our way and praise the judiciary as the last hope if common man when it goes our way. Nigeria youth, we are definitely not ready for a change to better this country. We see everything from partisan point of view

johnpaul1101:
APC is evil! working so hard to change the tides of normalcy! if your guys have been laid aside and forbidden from participating in this polls, why can't you just let it be in respect of our very young and dear democracy!
so frigging desperate for power!

On a completely different, yet better development, check my signature below to better your life!

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by babakb: 8:25am On Feb 22, 2019
fredoooooo:
Who no like am can kill himself... Good morning and Sai APC

APC and Killing
Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by 7lives: 8:28am On Feb 22, 2019
Emperor2463:
In this few days of buhari saying that anyone caught with ballot box should be killed I have come to realize that PDP is nothing but a bunch of criminals, anyone thinking that Atiku can make a difference should have a rethink because Atiku is not only going there for his own selfish interest but also for the selfish interest of Obasanjo, so before you vote stand for a few seconds and think this pdp I'm about voting are they what they appear to be, believe me before now I was rooting for Atiku, but this PDP guys are bunch of thieves, voting for PDP is as selling this country Nigeria.. I HAVE SAID MY OWN O...

Welcome back to reality.
Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by jamejanev: 8:32am On Feb 22, 2019
[quote author=johnpaul1101 post=75981380]APC is evil! working so hard to change the tides of normalcy! if your guys have been laid aside and forbidden from participating in this polls, why can't you just let it be in respect of our very young and dear democracy!
so frigging desperate for power!

On a completely different, yet better development, check my signature below to better your life! [/qu
They need to check your brain, I think it does not work well. Idiot
Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by capitalzero: 8:36am On Feb 22, 2019
kahal29:
***Appeal Court paves the way for party to field candidates

The Court of Appeal in Abuja Thursday set aside the judgment of the Federal High Court in Abuja, which affirmed the decision of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to bar the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) from fielding candidates in the general election in Zamfara State.

Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu of the Federal High Court in Abuja, had in a judgment delivered on January 25, 2019, held that INEC was right to have delisted the names of candidates APC presented for the elections.

She stated that the APC failed to conduct a valid primary within the period scheduled by the electoral body.

But three-man panel of the appellate court, led by Justice Abdul Aboki, held that the trial court lacked the jurisdiction to have entertained the suit, adding that it was an abuse of court process.

He stressed that the suit at the Federal High Court was filed out of time and that the Electoral Act provides for 14 days to institute a suit after the cause of action had arisen, the suit was filed 15 days after, and therefore rendered the action incompetent.

After listening to the arguments of M. A. Maagaji SAN, who lead other senior lawyers, the court held:

“The cross-appeal partly succeeds on the issue of jurisdiction. The suit of the 1st cross-respondent in suit No FHC/ABJ/CS/1279/2018 between the All Progressives Congress vs Independent National Electoral Commission and Others is hereby struck out for lack or want of jurisdiction on the part of the lower court.

“The judgment of the lower court is hereby set aside. There shall be no order as to costs.”

On many occasions INEC had insisted that the APC Zamfara State would not field candidates for the 2019 general election.

In a leaked memo, the commission informed the ruling APC that it would not be allowed to field candidates for elective positions in Zamfara in the 2019 elections.

Its acting Secretary, Mr. Okechukwe Ndeche, in a letter to the APC said that the party was barred from fielding candidates for governorship, National Assembly and state assembly elections.

The commission said this was because APC failed to comply with Sections 87 and 31 of the Electoral Act of 2010.

Parties, according to the Act, were expected to comply with the timetable and schedule of INEC, which says that the conduct of primaries must be held between August 18 and October 7.

INEC said it received reports from its Zamfara office indicating that no primaries were conducted in the state, “notwithstanding that our officials were fully mobilised and deployed.”

The APC National Chairman, Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, later responded to INEC in a statement and said that the party had already arrived at a consensus before the deadline.

Oshiomhole said that following the high level of friction, disagreements and threats of violence by various political camps before the primaries, all the aspirants met at City King Hotel, Gusau, to find a truce.

He said: “After hours of intense horse-trading, a consensus was reached within the spirit and context of the Electoral Act and the constitution of our party.

“This was done in strict compliance with Section 87 (6) of the Electoral Act, 2010 (as amended).”

He said that the claim by INEC that no primaries were conducted could only be referring to its officials’ observation that actual voting did not take place.

The APC chairman said that conduct of primaries was not the only mode prescribed for producing candidates in the Electoral Act, 2010 (as amended).

“We, therefore, affirm that indeed, primaries took place in Zamfara State,” Oshiomhole said.

The party chairman also noted that PDP had similar issues in Kano State and wondered why INEC did not bar the opposition party from fielding candidates.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/02/22/zamfara-apc-becomes-beneficiary-of-postponed-elections/amp/

this is a technical ruling from smart judges. court does not order inec to field candidates. apc should gotten court injunction to put apc in ballot. inec may insist that apc did not conduct primaries, then no candidates for election.
Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by sogodihno: 8:45am On Feb 22, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

You picture you inserted describes APC so well!!!

Enemies of modern infrastructure who could not clear the mile 2 trailers for citizens but could clear it for the presidency in a day mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeew

All they do there is discuss problems while all along you know the solutions

Not only the zombies! I think most people in APC has their brain turned upside down!

Curse be on anyone who will vote in this evil party who has brought nothing but hardship on her citizens!

curse be anyone that will vote PDP, who looted our money and send us to recession in the time of plenty.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by seunmsg(m): 8:49am On Feb 22, 2019
This is great news for the good people of Zamfara State. INEC’s effort to deny them of their right to vote for candidates of their choice has failed. This judgement is a victory for democracy. Congratulations to all members of APC in Zamfara State.

3 Likes

Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:53am On Feb 22, 2019
sogodihno:

curse be anyone that will vote PDP, who looted our money and send us to recession in the time of plenty.

Amen
Curse be on Ganduje, Abacha's supporters! And anyone who has taken any shape or form of any animal to loot Nigeria dry!

Let the same be accorded to any supporter of a president who has no money for form but the wife has N2.1B to be stolen!

Amen!!!
Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by seunmsg(m): 8:54am On Feb 22, 2019
capitalzero:

this is a technical ruling from smart judges. court does not order inec to field candidates. apc should gotten court injunction to put apc in ballot. inec may insist that apc did not conduct primaries, then no candidates for election.

Very wrong. There is an existing judgement from Zamfara high court ordering INEC to accept the APC candidates that emerged from the Yari faction of the party. The judgement affirmed the valid primaries were conducted. INEC refused to obey the judgement because they claim the federal high court gave a contradictory judgement to the Zamfara high court judgement. Now that the appeal court had set aside the judgement of the federal high court, INEC has no other option than to obey the judgement of the Zamfara high court.

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by bigiyaro(m): 8:57am On Feb 22, 2019
hehehehe, APC so predictable, the whole world knows that zamfara is one of the reasons, the other being to fine tune the rigging machinery, BUT God pass.
Re: Zamfara APC Becomes Beneficiary Of Postponed Elections - Thisday Newspaper by sogodihno: 9:01am On Feb 22, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Curse be on Ganduje, Abacha's supporters! And anyone who has taken any shape or form of any animal to loot Nigeria dry!

Let the same be accorded to any supporter of a president who has no money for form but the wife has N2.1B to be stolen!

Amen!!!

Cursed be on any man supporting saraki that made kwarans an embodiment of poverty and anyone supporting Atiku that embezzle public fund for his own business and sold Nigeria assets to his cronies, and any one planning to bring back these thieves will not have peace.

Amen in Jesus name

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senators Ifeanyi Ubah And Chukwuka Utazi Clashed Over Innoson Motor / Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene / NNPC MD, Baru At A Filling Station In Abuja To Monitor Scarcity Level (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.