Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,248 members, 7,829,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria (1218 Views)

Beyonce's Brown Skin Girl Song Proves That Pastor Chris Was Right On 'Black' / Bishop Oyedepo Was Not Denied Visa By US - Winners Chapel / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 11:08am On Feb 22, 2019
2 Thessalonians 1:6
Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you.

Oyedepo was right to curse the troublers of this nation and I agree with him on this one.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by MJBOLT: 11:12am On Feb 22, 2019
useless curses that do not work,if they do,corruption politicians would have been dying since 1960
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 11:21am On Feb 22, 2019
MJBOLT:
useless curses that do not work,if they do,corruption politicians would have been dying since 1960

At least the one on Boko Haram worked. The one about them turning against one another.
Research it carefully. Before that curse BH was focused on Christians and entities like UN considered western to them. It was after that we started seeing them turn on themselves.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by MJBOLT: 11:24am On Feb 22, 2019
i dont remember BH blowing eachother up at any point in time

CodeTemplar:

At least the one on Boko Haram worked. The one about them turning against one another.
Research it carefully. Before that curse BH was focused on Christians and entities like UN considered western to them. It was after that we started seeing them turn on themselves.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 11:25am On Feb 22, 2019
Going by the scripture you quoted, Oyedepo equate God. The length you will go in order to defend rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by SpoiltVirgin: 11:31am On Feb 22, 2019
Many of those attacking him didn't even watch the video, they just read headline, draw unfounded conclusions, then begin to make abusive comments. Everything he said was on point in that video.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 11:32am On Feb 22, 2019
MJBOLT:
i dont remember BH blowing eachother up at any point in time

Then you must be either an Ethiopian immigrant in Nigeria or a regular hater willing to deny the obvious in order not to acknowledge Oyedepo.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by MJBOLT: 11:35am On Feb 22, 2019
at the end of the day his curses are fake and have no effect

CodeTemplar:
Then you must be either an Ethiopian immigrant in Nigeria or a regular hater willing to deny the obvious in order not to acknowledge Oyedepo.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 11:38am On Feb 22, 2019
luvmijeje:
Going by the scripture you quoted, Oyedepo equate God. The length you will go in order to defend rubbish.
Gods will doesn't always activate itself. We have a part to play and that why the bible tell us that whatsoever we bound on earth shall be bound in heaven.
Elijah cursed two battalion of 50 men each and still went heaven in chariots.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 11:50am On Feb 22, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Gods will doesn't always activate itself. We have a part to play and that why the bible tell us that whatsoever we bound on earth shall be bound in heaven.
Elijah cursed two battalion of 50 men each and still went heaven in chariots.

Really? I actually don't have issue with him cursing. But if you and I had curse the way he did, we'll be told it's not Christ like. We'll be reminded to pray for our enemies.

The hypocrisy!
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by HappyPagan: 11:51am On Feb 22, 2019
CodeTemplar:
2 Thessalonians 1:6
Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you.

Oyedepo was right to curse the troublers of this nation and I agree with him on this one.

Not like his curses work though. Christians keep being killed on the daily. Never seen such a self-deluded hypocrite.

Nigerian churches only have money to big build temple; otherwise they are powerless.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by HappyPagan: 11:52am On Feb 22, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Gods will doesn't always activate itself.
Like God needs you for His Will to work? The God, that you claim created the Universe, needs you... To activate his will....

angry you....
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2019
HappyPagan:

Not like his curses work though. Christians keep being killed on the daily. Never seen such a self-deluded hypocrite.

Nigerian churches only have money to big build temple; otherwise they are powerless.
The church isn't powerless per se, but some individuals within it.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 12:02pm On Feb 22, 2019
HappyPagan:

Like God needs you for His Will to work? The God, that you claim created the Universe, needs you... To activate his will....

angry you....
Gods will is to recompense tribulation on our troublers and for us to call upon Him.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by HappyPagan: 12:11pm On Feb 22, 2019
CodeTemplar:
The church isn't powerless per se, but some individuals within it.
Oh. The church is lost, if a few individuals can hold it to ransomm.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by HappyPagan: 12:12pm On Feb 22, 2019
CodeTemplar:

Gods will is to recompense tribulation on our troublers and for us to call upon Him.
Like Batman?
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 12:19pm On Feb 22, 2019
HappyPagan:
Oh. The church is lost, if a few individuals can hold it to ransomm.
Your signature says "just here to blaspheme" but what you are doing is a lie.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by HappyPagan: 12:35pm On Feb 22, 2019
CodeTemplar:

Your signature says "just here to blaspheme" but what you are doing is a lie.
Trust me, Jesus is less concerned about my signature than he is with the church. You should be like him, be Christian, not Churchian.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by MuttleyLaff: 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2019
HappyPagan:
Trust me, Jesus is less concerned about my signature than he is with the church. You should be like him, be Christian, not Churchian.
Trust me, not many know that Christian and Churchian are twin peas in a pod

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 22, 2019
Oyedepo and the likes of him are are a curse to this nation. cool
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by UceeGod: 5:01pm On Feb 22, 2019
That Bible verse didn't tell Christians to curse anyone but to leave everything to His judgment

What would Jesus have done If He was to be a Nigerian? I believe He would have prayed for them
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 5:07pm On Feb 22, 2019
CodeTemplar:
[s]Then you must be either an Ethiopian immigrant in Nigeria or a regular hater willing to deny the obvious in order not to acknowledge Oyedepo.[/s]
You are a disgusting bastard!
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

You are a disgusting bastard!
No reason for your conclusion. Just a harsh conclusion on a faceless forum. You can do better.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 6:09pm On Feb 22, 2019
UceeGod:
That Bible verse didn't tell Christians to curse anyone but to leave everything to His judgment

What would Jesus have done If He was to be a Nigerian? I believe He would have prayed for them
Jesus cursed a tree. Elijah rained fire upon 100 men and cursed those teenagers but went to heaven in chariot so what are you saying?

cc: jesusjnr.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 6:12pm On Feb 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Oyedepo and the likes of him are are a curse to this nation. cool
Why are so bitter about someone else success for reason? If Oyedepo is a curse please tell us those who aren't so the saints can know one or two places they can worship.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 22, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Why are so bitter about someone else success for reason? If Oyedepo is a curse please tell us those who aren't so the saints can know one or two places they can worship.
Not strange to see the extent of your spiritual blindness, that makes you think that true success consists of the material possessions, that someone has, because when birds of spiritual blindness flock together!

But here is the saying of the one who I roll with:

"...Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." Luke 12:15 (KJV)

At least you should be able tell the difference, because a fruit is reflective of the tree that produced it.

Hence why Oyedepo is a success to you by your definition of success, to me he's an abject failure by my own definition of success.

But here are some of those that made it to my list of successes:

Peter, John, Elijah, Elisha, Moses, Abraham, David etc.

As you can clearly see, the earthly possessions of a man is not a criteria for my measurement of success, for those who had earthly possessions and yet made it into my list are those who even if you took away their earthly possession from the equation, nothing would be taken away from their success because my criteria of defining success does not consist in the abundance of possession a man has.

But feel free to think differently.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 9:59pm On Feb 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Not strange to see the extent of your spiritual blindness, that makes you think that true success consists of the material possessions, that someone has, because when birds of spiritual blindness flock together!

But here is the saying of the one who I roll with:

"...Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." Luke 12:15 (KJV)

At least you should be able tell the difference, because a fruit is reflective of the tree that produced it.

Hence why Oyedepo is a success to you by your definition of success, to me he's an abject failure by my own definition of success.

But here are some of those that made it to my list of successes:

Peter, John, Elijah, Elisha, Moses, Abraham, David etc.

As you can clearly see, the earthly possessions of a man is not a criteria for my measurement of success, for those who had earthly possessions and yet made it into my list are those who even if you took away their earthly possession from the equation, nothing would be taken away from their success because my criteria of defining success does not consist in the abundance of possession a man has.

But feel free to think differently.
Are you OK as a person? With the number of threads you open here weekly I expected you to have far more sense.
How poor was Abraham please? Let's start with that.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 22, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Jesus cursed a tree. Elijah rained fire upon 100 men and cursed those teenagers but went to heaven in chariot so what are you saying?

cc: jesusjnr.
First, from the perspective of Elijah, he called down fire from heaven and fire fell down from heaven.

Not a spiritually toothless Oyedepo that would keep cursing and invoking the gates of hell, and the only result is the lack of it or a waste of curses.

Second, from the perspective of Jesus, a fig tree doesn't and never will equate to a human being, so unless you bring instances of Jesus actually cursing human beings, you can forever hold your peace on this matter.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 10:12pm On Feb 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
First, from the perspective of Elijah, he called down fire from heaven and fire fell down from heaven.

Not a spiritually toothless Oyedepo that would keep cursing and invoking the gates of hell, and the only result is the lack of it or a waste of curses.

Second, from the perspective of Jesus, a fig tree doesn't and never will equate to a human being, so unless you bring instances of Jesus actually cursing human beings, you can forever hold your peace on this matter.

You are just a confused entity. What is gate of hell to you?
Oyedepo cursed Boko Haram in 2013-2014 period and thats when started bombing themselves and reduced the rate of targets on Christians.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by MuttleyLaff: 10:19pm On Feb 22, 2019
Seven times Jesus said woe to the Scribes and Pharisees. I dont need to tell anyone of the symbolic meaning of the number seven and we know, already what woe means, that, it is tantamount to being a curse somewhat and also know who the 21st century Scribes and Pharisees are.
Re: Oyedepo Was Right To Curse Those Troubling Nigeria by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 22, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Are you OK as a person? With the number of threads you open here weekly I expected you to have far more sense.
How poor was Abraham please? Let's start with that.
Not surprising coming from a hater of the poor that came to a thread i made to help their plight not to help their cause but to spoil it, and hence showed that he is exactly like his mentor, Oyedepo in the respect of accumulation of wealth, unlike Jesus, and his apostles who were epitomes of the distribution of wealth.

If you don't get it from everything I said there, inclusive of the teaching of Jesus on this subject of true success, then I don't think you would ever get it from any other thing I say.

So stay with your definition of what makes a man successful, maybe gotten from your mentor Oyedepo, while I stay with mine which i got from my mentor, Jesus.

#haterofthepoor

(1) (2) (Reply)

hello / Does God Exist Why Does He Delay / What Exactly Is Islam? And Who Are Muslims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.