Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,088 members, 7,953,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:01 PM

The Next Senate President! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Next Senate President! (4046 Views)

'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator / Yerima Tipped To Be The Next Senate Majority Leader / Next Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Next Senate President! by Piddo(m): 10:06am On May 05, 2007
To start with, news has it that the position has been zoned to the North Central region http://www.independentngonline.com/?c=181&a=25853. We must all be thankful for that because had they stuck to earlier plans, we would have had an Adedibu as a strong contender. That man has done enough damage in Oyo state and one can only imagine the influence he would have on Nigerians if his son became senate president.

It also means we wont have another Obasanjo in such an exalted position. The one wey dem do don do.
Re: The Next Senate President! by tarfaadam(m): 10:25am On May 05, 2007
why dnt u choose prof (senector Jibiril Aminu from Adamawa state (PDP) candident.
Re: The Next Senate President! by jandonguy: 10:37am On May 05, 2007
@docokwy

I did not say Yoruba's will produce the next senator, if you read my caption properly you will notice that I said if the Yoruba's get the nod then he should be considered, yes he has not been sworn in yet but he has been declared a winner by INEC, no need for you to be so engulfed in minute technicalities and creating some sort of unneccesary protocol here, I simply made a suggestion that's all

why should the position belong to the north, is that not some sort of authoritarian rule, should the best man not be considered, the North already has the president, come one, what are we running here a feudal system, I don't understand the problem with these Goro eating motherfuckers, give them an inch and they take a yard, thats what happens when you bring cattle rearers into politics!!!!
Re: The Next Senate President! by 9ja4eva: 10:44am On May 05, 2007
Who is d winner?
Re: The Next Senate President! by chrisokw: 1:47pm On May 05, 2007
And the winners are the gworo-munching mallams grin grin grin grin grin grin

PDP Zones Senate Presidency To North Central

By Paul Mumeh – Abuja,Assistant Editor
5th May

The ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), may have zoned the office of the President of the Senate to the North Central and Speaker of the House of Representatives to the South Western zones of the country.

A highly reliable source at the PDP caucus meeting in Abuja informed that the Deputy Senate President’s office has been zoned to the South East. The South East is also expected to produce the National Chairman of the party under the new zoning formula. The zone reportedly lost out on the position for Speaker because of the vitriolic attacks of Senate President, Ken Nnamani, on the presidency and the election as well as the failure of leaders of the party from the zone to call him to order.

It is not clear where other principal officers of the National Assembly have been zoned to as at the time of this report but informed sources said the office of the majority leader in the lower house would be occupied by a South – South parliamentarian.

Already, some Senators from North Central Zone have started campaigning for the slot.

They include three times Senator David Mark from Benue State, Gbemisola Saraki from Kwara State, Nuhu Aliyu from Niger State and Abubakar Sodangi from Nasarawa State.

Osun state’s third term House of Representatives member, Hon. Foluke Etteh, is said to be favoured to become the first female speaker in the federation. The Presidency and some party leaders are said to be behind her. However, Senator Yinka Omilani, PDP’s National Vice Chairman (South West)’ s quest to retain his position in the party may constitute a stumbling block for Etteh. Both come from the same Ayedaade/Irewole/Isokan Federal Constituency. .

The PDP caucus, it was learnt has set such criteria as experience, party loyalty, age, and general acceptability as yardstick for choosing principal officers on the next National Assembly.

The PDP leadership meeting has adjourned further deliberation on the matter till Monday.

Although the PDP had in principle agreed earlier to zone the office of the speaker, House of Representatives to the South – East, latest development indicated that the South – West is also lobbying to have the slot. The PDP is expected to conduct mock primaries for would-be President of the Senate or Speaker of the House.

The tenure of the incumbent National Assembly terminates on June 3, when a new session will be inaugurated.
Re: The Next Senate President! by enohj2ee(m): 3:49pm On May 07, 2007
David Mark from Benue State is the man dont border again , senate prisendent comesw from N/central

prophetic speech
Re: The Next Senate President! by Pain(m): 5:39pm On May 07, 2007
David Bonaventure Alechenu Mark. cool Okpani!!!

Thats The New Senate President.

Mon Sa!!! We Are Still Loyal

ExBoy 4 Life!!!!
Re: The Next Senate President! by GNature(m): 8:43pm On May 07, 2007
The Senate Presidency should have been zoned to the South West (Yorubas), but house speaker aint too bad.

I don't think David Mark stands a chance because of his military background, but lets wait and see.
Re: The Next Senate President! by Pain(m): 10:28pm On May 07, 2007
How
GNature:

The Senate Presidency should have been zoned to the South West (Yorubas), but house speaker aint too bad.

I don't think David Mark stands a chance because of his military background, but lets wait and see.

How Does His Military Background Disqualify Him? Can U Pls Give Us A Detailed Breakdown.?

Is It Now Competency Or Just Background?
I Believe The Miltary Even Prepares People To Be Better Leaders. Lets Not Let The Unfortunate Past Episodes Of Military Intervention Into Politics Becloud Our Judgement Of Some Fine Gentlemen Officers.

Afterall, Military Service Is An Added Advantage In Most Model Democracies Of The World. The US Is A Good Example.

David Mark Is A Fine Officer & Gentleman.

Afterall This Is His 3rd Term As A Senator. He Was Fairly Re-Elected Even Against The Wish Of The Ruling Party In His Constituency.

I Believe Meritocracy And Democracy Is Fine Mix. I Pray Our Future Dispensations Would Be Based On This Fine Blend.
Re: The Next Senate President! by obiguy(m): 11:31pm On May 07, 2007
Senate President come from the South East, since they cant allow us to be president, so the number 3 seat has been given to the ogbos,
Re: The Next Senate President! by 9ja4eva: 3:32am On May 08, 2007
I should think that is how it is zoned.
Re: The Next Senate President! by ne4real(f): 4:03pm On May 08, 2007
senator nicholas yahaya ugbane is my candidate
Re: The Next Senate President! by DRANOEL(m): 6:34pm On May 08, 2007
word out is that yar`adua is rooting for gov.george akume and most of the in coming senators are in support.
Re: The Next Senate President! by Nobody: 8:58am On May 09, 2007
i have strong belief that senator david mark a former army general from benue state who is in his third
term in the senat will be the senate president
Re: The Next Senate President! by makin(m): 2:07pm On May 09, 2007
Here we go again, Remember the infamous statements "Telephone is not for the poor man"!!! That was David Mark as communications minister during the military era.
Visionless bastard
Re: The Next Senate President! by DisGuy: 1:00am On May 10, 2007
so who is the senate president?
Re: The Next Senate President! by 9ja4eva: 4:40am On May 11, 2007
Yes oh i want to know
Re: The Next Senate President! by GNature(m): 8:57pm On May 11, 2007
Pain:

How Does His Military Background Disqualify Him? Can U Please Give Us A Detailed Breakdown.?

@Pain

There is a growing trend in Nigeria to keep ex-military men from top political positions in Nigeria. That was the basis of my prediction.
But of course, I could be wrong.  wink
Re: The Next Senate President! by juman(m): 6:46pm On Jan 22, 2010
The next senate president will be Governor Bukolo Saraki of Kwara state.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SHOCKER ; Five Govs Attend APC Rally In Sokoto, Buhari Absent. / APC Rubbishes Jonathan's Declaration Speech! / Alj Harem's View On The PDP Rally In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.