Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Security Chiefs Visit Nigerian Army Situation Room Ahead Of Elections. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Chiefs Visit Nigerian Army Situation Room Ahead Of Elections. (29339 Views)

Service Chiefs Visit Gusau, Zamfara (Photos) / Oba Ewuare, Edo Chiefs Visit Presidential Villa Over Oshiomhole, Obaseki Crisis / Omoyele Sowore And Dr. Rabiu Ahmed Rufai Visit Nigerian Customs Service(PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Security Chiefs Visit Nigerian Army Situation Room Ahead Of Elections. by IgboTyphoon: 7:51pm On Feb 22, 2019
Oricha79:
maybe olanishakin is a northerner too...I weak for this people.

He has no real direct command.
Is he the COAS?
Re: Security Chiefs Visit Nigerian Army Situation Room Ahead Of Elections. by naptu2: 7:53pm On Feb 22, 2019
IgboTyphoon:

That one is out in the water. Are they doing election in the water ? No. So he is correct. Only northern faces

grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hey God!

Well, if that makes sense to you then, ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security Chiefs Visit Nigerian Army Situation Room Ahead Of Elections. by Blacklord0739(m): 8:06pm On Feb 22, 2019
What's up niggas,I hope the rigging has not begin, let me chech the study map

Re: Security Chiefs Visit Nigerian Army Situation Room Ahead Of Elections. by Mrbaz1: 8:17pm On Feb 22, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:

Look very closely, being tribalistc won't take us anywhere
toh ahbeg oo..make we tell each other truth..God bless man

1 Like

Re: Security Chiefs Visit Nigerian Army Situation Room Ahead Of Elections. by NoFace101: 8:43pm On Feb 22, 2019
Olalekank:
You didn't see it well
is dat not Google map ?
googlemap dat nt even view live movement
Re: Security Chiefs Visit Nigerian Army Situation Room Ahead Of Elections. by Walehelt(m): 8:47pm On Feb 22, 2019
They don watch American movies tayad grin
Re: Security Chiefs Visit Nigerian Army Situation Room Ahead Of Elections. by DedeNkem: 8:58pm On Feb 22, 2019
Bunch of incompetent id*iots!
Re: Security Chiefs Visit Nigerian Army Situation Room Ahead Of Elections. by TheShopKeeper(m): 9:16pm On Feb 22, 2019
...when did magu became part of the security service chiefs...he only heads an agency...
Re: Security Chiefs Visit Nigerian Army Situation Room Ahead Of Elections. by dfrost: 10:33pm On Feb 22, 2019
naptu2:

Yes, northern faces like Admiral Ibok Ete Ibas.

Uncle naptu2 on 'savage' beat cheesy grin
Re: Security Chiefs Visit Nigerian Army Situation Room Ahead Of Elections. by naptu2: 1:14am On Feb 23, 2019
naptu2:
2) Security arrangement

Now, I need to explain the security arrangement that's usually in place on election day.

There used to be armed policemen at the polling stations at all the elections that I witnessed from 1979-2003. In fact, I was involved in bizarre incidents with armed policemen at polling units in November 1991 and in 1993.

Then something quite unusual happened in 2007 that led to a backlash. The Obasanjo administration deployed soldiers on the streets ahead of, during and after the 2007 election. It was so unusual that people asked if we were at war. There were heavy military road blocks at Law School junction on Victoria Island and at Falomo.

This kind of thing had never happened even when we were under military rule. The elections were usually policed by policemen and extra security arrangements were usually only made on the day of the election. I went out on election day in 1987 and 1993, after the curfew was lifted and there were no signs of extra security arrangements. I went out on the day before the election in 2003 and the only sign of extra security measures was when there was a show of force.

But in 2007 there were these military checkpoints before election day and for several days after the election.

People complained that our election was being militarised. Human rights groups and other civil society organisations complained that the presence of heavily armed security agents could scare away voters.

Subsequently it was decided that there should be no armed security agents at polling units.

So, when the president says that ballot box snatchers were risking their lives, he did not mean that policemen at the polling units would start shooting at everybody in sight. There is a buffer.

Now, how can you have an election in Nigeria without armed security officers?

In fact, some people complained that the fact that the security agents are unarmed is deliberate to make it easy for politicians to send thugs to disrupt the process. That's not true.

As you will see in the story below, there are arrangements to take care of any mischief makers.

The arrangement is that there are 3 or 4 levels of security. Security at the polling unit is provided by unarmed conventional policemen. That's the first level.

Then there are heavily armed special units (mobile police, counter-terror police, close protection unit policemen and military men) somewhere in the neighbourhood, either on patrol or at security installations, who can be called upon by the policemen at the polling centre in case there's any problem that is beyond their ability.

Then there are more units providing security at INEC headquarters and other strategic installations that are being used for the elections.

Re: Security Chiefs Visit Nigerian Army Situation Room Ahead Of Elections. by AFONJACOW(m): 6:06am On Feb 23, 2019
please can someone explain to me why too much red spots on southern part of Nigeria most especially south eastern and South southern part in that map, is it where they are planning to rig

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition / Chimaroke Nnamani Is Not Dead / The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.