Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (597390 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Adeniyii2017: 12:56pm On Apr 11, 2019
campichristian:

Thanks bro, seems like my sponsor is beginning to think germany is not my calling...
well I used some calculations I found through previous threads, part 2&3. Where 1ECT= 30hours of lecture and 1 semester =30ECTS in Nigeria.
Therefore ECTS are gotten by multiplying total credit units/hours accumulated by 1.5
E.g: physics with credit unit of 3, it ECTS would be 3x1.5=4.5ECTS.
E.g: Bachelors thesis with credit unit of 6, it ECTs would be 6x1.5=9ECTS

Now how do I calculate 60ECTs on Economics and business administration courses, 10ECTs in mathematics, 10ECTs in statistics?
I have BSc in finance and I’m applying for MSc in Economics and management courses. Thanks
Sorry mate.. I guess the problem started from line 5!
ECTS is for trying to determine how many hours you spent on a particular course or set of courses. So it’s not the same as credit unit.
First: 30hours is equal to 1ECTS point in Germany, you got that part right!
Second: You have to determine all the courses and how many hours you spent on them in class per week. Then multiply it by the no of week you have in a semester to get the total number of hours for that semester. You have to repeat this for the whole semester and add them to know the number of hours you have for the 4 or 5 years as an undergraduate depending on your course of study.
Now since 30hours is 1ECTS point, you can then determine the ECTS points you have.
Economics is not a small course in masters level, that’s why they want to know how grounded you are in subjects like statistics etc.
Don’t give up, you can still apply to schools!
I can also share the way I arranged my subject and hours to calculate my ECTS points if you want.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ladyb4sure(f): 12:59pm On Apr 11, 2019
Sirbohr007:

They have my documents already so I just made payment. They received my payment on the 2nd of this month and I got my VPD yesterday. For a bachelor's program tho. The print out form you sent is not necessary, they no longer require you to sign and send the form. The online submission is sufficient.
I sent online documents then made payment the dollowing day that is 3weeks now, I don't know why the delay cry
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Azpi: 12:59pm On Apr 11, 2019
Judging by the posts I read here regularly, It is safe to say that I'm in safe hands.

Can anyone recommend schools that i can apply for msc. I have a bsc in banking and finance and i cant stand the sight of a rejection letter. Although my cgpa is on the low side. 2.59.

i will appreciate the effort of the gurus in the house.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Missmi: 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2019
legionnaire:
Please guys, can I send my documents to UNI-ASSIST before completing my application for a program on their website?

Please I need a response �. Thanks

Yes you can, but make sure you're sending everything required by the school so that you wouldn't have to resend a missing document or something. So I advise you to look through all the requirements on the school's website. Keep in mind though that you may have to send a signed application form when you are finally able to apply through uni-assist
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Cestmoi1(f): 1:07pm On Apr 11, 2019
Good afternoon all. Kudos to everyone here.

Please, I have a scanned proficiency letter from school, can I use it like that?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by badmus306(m): 1:12pm On Apr 11, 2019
Azpi:
Judging by the posts I read here regularly, It is safe to say that I'm in safe hands.

Can anyone recommend schools that i can apply for msc. I have a bsc in banking and finance and i cant stand the sight of a rejection letter. Although my cgpa is on the low side. 2.59.

Lol, rejection is part of the game..
You will have to go through daad.de/en , input your course & use d advance filter to streamline ur favorites.

My advice, apply to as many schools as possible because your CGPA is quite low, add work experience and professional certificate if u av...
All d best.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by campichristian(m): 1:43pm On Apr 11, 2019
Cestmoi1:
Good afternoon all. Kudos to everyone here.

Please, I have a scanned proficiency letter from school, can I use it like that?

Yes you can, just print the scanned letter...

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by campichristian(m): 1:48pm On Apr 11, 2019
Adeniyii2017:

ECTS is for trying to determine how many hours you spent on a particular course or set of courses. So it’s not the same as credit unit.
Second: You have to determine all the courses and how many hours you spent on them in class per week. Then multiply it by the no of week you have in a semester to get the total number of hours for that semester. You have to repeat this for the whole semester and add them to know the number of hours you have for the 4 or 5 years as an undergraduate depending on your course of study.
Now since 30hours is 1ECTS point, you can then determine the ECTS points you have.
Economics is not a small course in masters level, that’s why they want to know how grounded you are in subjects like statistics etc.
I can also share the way I arranged my subject and hours to calculate my ECTS points if you want.

Ok thanks alot I really appreciate, i think this is a better understanding to my knowledge. And yes I’ll be glad if you share an arranged copy, it will also serve as a guideline. I sent u a pm
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Adeniyii2017: 2:13pm On Apr 11, 2019
campichristian:

Ok thanks alot I really appreciate, i think this is a better understanding to my knowledge. And yes I’ll be glad if you share an arranged copy, it will also serve as a guideline. I sent u a pm
Seen it.. will send it as soon as I get home from work.
Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Emahnie(m): 2:21pm On Apr 11, 2019
Kenechill:

Yes international passport

And yes your waec
Thanks a lot.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by obianorafael: 2:41pm On Apr 11, 2019
Hello everyone,

please I would love to apply for my B.sc in Germany
below are documented I have now:

waec Certificate.
secondary school transcript.
birth cert.
No fund for IELTS.
please, how do I go about this...
I would like to study computer science and am open to any other course (science related)
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by OMOZ1(m): 2:48pm On Apr 11, 2019
Obiwannn:

Lol, you go work you go taya, no be work no worry.
You sabi ride bike abi?
Learn German as much as you can too

Hi,
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by odimbannamdi(m): 2:52pm On Apr 11, 2019
Adeniyii2017:

This will definitely come in handy.

Starred

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Azpi: 2:54pm On Apr 11, 2019
badmus306:

Lol, rejection is part of the game..
You will have to go through daad.de/en , input your course & use d advance filter to streamline ur favorites.

My advice, apply to as many schools as possible because your CGPA is quite low, add work experience and professional certificate if u av...
All d best.
i have seen various schools at daad.de, i just want those with my kind of situation or experience to help me with schools they applied.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Pecky2222: 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2019
campichristian:

Thanks bro, seems like my sponsor is beginning to think germany is not my calling...
well I used some calculations I found through previous threads, part 2&3. Where 1ECT= 30hours of lecture and 1 semester =30ECTS in Nigeria.
Therefore ECTS are gotten by multiplying total credit units/hours accumulated by 1.5
E.g: physics with credit unit of 3, it ECTS would be 3x1.5=4.5ECTS.
E.g: Bachelors thesis with credit unit of 6, it ECTs would be 6x1.5=9ECTS

Now how do I calculate 60ECTs on Economics and business administration courses, 10ECTs in mathematics, 10ECTs in statistics?
I have BSc in finance and I’m applying for MSc in Economics and management courses. Thanks

https://msingermany.co.in/ects-credits-calculator/

Use this link instead,, it gives u ur perfect ects credit..the reason for the rejections might be that u didn't do enough courses in the subjects the school requires.... My thought though.. Use the ects calculator and check it out for urself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Clara2244(f): 3:29pm On Apr 11, 2019
please did you apply separately for VPD. Uni assist sent me a mail 2 days ago that they are done with my application and will be sending it to my schools but am yet to receive my VPD.
Sirbohr007:
Just got my VPD. Anyone sending documents to HAW Hamburg? Let's split the cost.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ogedengbedamilare: 3:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
I need help please, I’m trying to apply into Fulda university but I’m stucked here now, it won’t bring out any course at all, keeps saying this error, please help

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by emeka2103: 3:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
When applying to uniassist for a masters program at Koln,have paid the first application fee to uniassist do I need to pay for another one because am applying to another masters program at the same university. E.g have applied to a masters in business administration;finance option and I also want to apply to masters in economics. My question is that do I need to pay separate application fees to uniassist as am going for different programs.
Please I need urgent answers gurus
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by campichristian(m): 3:37pm On Apr 11, 2019
Azpi:

Ok now search daad.de for:
-Hochschule fur wirtschaft und Recht Berlin(Msc international finance
-Otto von Guericke University magdeburg(Msc financial economics
-University of cologne
(Msc Economics, msc business administration[Finance]
-Goethe University Frankfurt am main(msc international management, msc international Economics and economic policy

Atleast with a good SOP and work experience you will get one.
Overall God’s intervention.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by campichristian(m): 3:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
Pecky2222:

https://msingermany.co.in/ects-credits-calculator/

Use this link instead,, it gives u ur perfect ects credit..the reason for the rejections might be that u didn't do enough courses in the subjects the school requires.... My thought though.. Use the ects calculator and check it out for urself

Alright thanks alot.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by shasha27: 3:41pm On Apr 11, 2019
HELLOOOOOO All,

Is it possible for one with winter admission to book an appointment now, if yes, how please
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by shasha27: 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2019
HELLOOOOOO All,

Is it possible for one with winter admissiaon to book an appointment now, if yes, how please
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by campichristian(m): 3:43pm On Apr 11, 2019
emeka2103:
When applying to uniassist for a masters program at Koln,have paid the first application fee to uniassist do I need to pay for another one because am applying to another masters program at the same university. E.g have applied to a masters in business administration;finance option and I also want to apply to masters in economics. My question is that do I need to pay separate application fees to uniassist as am going for different programs.

Yes you have to pay for each application... except the school paid for it. What I experienced tho...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by odogwudozilla: 3:43pm On Apr 11, 2019
Adeniyii2017:

Kindly share to me too.

I sent a PM
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Adhheir: 3:46pm On Apr 11, 2019
emeka2103:

Yes you do! Every application carries a separate cost. Same school or not
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by pompido: 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2019
ogedengbedamilare:
I need help please, I’m trying to apply into Fulda university but I’m stucked here now, it won’t bring out any course at all, keeps saying this error, please help

Did you check if the school is still accepting applications or their deadline has passed?

That could be the problem...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by badmus306(m): 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2019
shasha27:
HELLOOOOOO All,

Is it possible for one with winter admissiaon to book an appointment now, if yes, how please
Yes, people have booked appointment with the online portal, try using the online portal from 10:50pm to 11:30pm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 11, 2019
ogedengbedamilare:

Have you checked the application method for the school?, because the last time I applied to fulda they don't use uni-assist and application is free. I only abandon fulda cause I got admission to another school.

So check the school website first, and the application method for the program of your choice.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by emeka2103: 4:19pm On Apr 11, 2019
campichristian:

Yes you have to pay for each application... except the school paid for it. What I experienced tho...
Thanks for your quick response

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 4:20pm On Apr 11, 2019
Fill only the first three

ogedengbedamilare:
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
Lol the birth certificate is actually not useful for admission.. The only valid document you have for admission is waec certificate which isn't enough
Enroll for 100l In NOUN and get the transcript for first and second semester and save money to write ielts or TOEFL also go back to previous parts of this thread and read would do u a lot of good ..... My advice

obianorafael:
Hello everyone,

please I would love to apply for my B.sc in Germany
below are documented I have now:

waec Certificate.
secondary school transcript.
birth cert.
No fund for IELTS.
please, how do I go about this...
I would like to study computer science and am open to any other course (science related)

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Buliwyf: 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2019
ogedengbedamilare:

Are u sure Fulda uses uniassist? I know some of their courses is via their own online portal. So read the instructions well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.