Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (601574 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chriswazo(m): 10:07pm On Apr 11, 2019
Adeniyii2017:

Sorry mate.. I guess the problem started from line 5!
ECTS is for trying to determine how many hours you spent on a particular course or set of courses. So it’s not the same as credit unit.
First: 30hours is equal to 1ECTS point in Germany, you got that part right!
Second: You have to determine all the courses and how many hours you spent on them in class per week. Then multiply it by the no of week you have in a semester to get the total number of hours for that semester. You have to repeat this for the whole semester and add them to know the number of hours you have for the 4 or 5 years as an undergraduate depending on your course of study.
Now since 30hours is 1ECTS point, you can then determine the ECTS points you have.
Economics is not a small course in masters level, that’s why they want to know how grounded you are in subjects like statistics etc.
Don’t give up, you can still apply to schools!
I can also share the way I arranged my subject and hours to calculate my ECTS points if you want.

Bro thank u for this, will need ur help with am too. D only thing i have refused to learn in this German waka, thought i go dodge am all
Just to wrap up my school applications, na im i come across this ECTS stuff on DIT portal, Google say ma i put 240 ECTS for my 4 years course. i weak grin grin
ma i go edit am, before them see am
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by SSamuelo: 10:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
Lburna:
Hi all,

Please how much does it cost to notarise documents at Ikeja or any High court in Lagos?
200 naira per page,but if you have many you renegotiate look for Bar.odetola his the man doing the stuff at Ikeja within the court premise,avoid those touts at the gate.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Lburna: 10:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
Thanks a lot bro

SSamuelo:
200 naira per page,but if you have many you renegotiate look for Bar.odetola his the man doing the stuff at Ikeja within the court premise,avoid those touts at the gate.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by stephoye: 10:56pm On Apr 11, 2019
Please I need someone to recommend a good notary public/high Court in Ibadan to certify my documents. Please it is urgent
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by harday27: 10:56pm On Apr 11, 2019
Weldone all, I've started applying before I read through this page and understands it all. I've applied to BUW before knowing I need to do under uni-assist. Now the status on my application at the school Web says: STATUS
You did not graduate in a EU country. We forwarded your application to uni-assist Berlin e.V.
Do I need to go and reapply again with Uni assist?
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by heeedreeez: 11:07pm On Apr 11, 2019
hi guyz, i have submitted my applications on uniassist since 22nd march but my status keeps reading 'Submitted online - processing not yet started'....Is this normal?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dailydolar(m): 11:28pm On Apr 11, 2019
Missmi:

Yes you can, but make sure you're sending everything required by the school so that you wouldn't have to resend a missing document or something. So I advise you to look through all the requirements on the school's website. Keep in mind though that you may have to send a signed application form when you are finally able to apply through uni-assist
why not wit tillw the application open since you will still send the application form just my thought and I might be wrong anyway
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dailydolar(m): 11:40pm On Apr 11, 2019
SSamuelo:
with just like 500 added u can certify 5 copies well make una enjoy una Lagos make we enjoy our PH
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ajeleseujn(m): 11:57pm On Apr 11, 2019
ARISTOCRATDAMMY1:
HND is really useless. This is the message I got from a university.
I'm really down don't even know what to do next

Sorry about the reply bro, but if you have been reading previous posts, you would have known that a HND can't land you a master program. The best degree it can guarantee you is a Bachelor program. I will suggest you start searching rigourously for your preferred program offered in English ASAP so as to beat winter deadlines.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ajeleseujn(m): 12:00am On Apr 12, 2019
Lburna:
Same thing happened to me. It has happened to a lot of people here. In my own case, I had to call their Foreign Affairs in Berlin but before then, I sent several mails to the Embassy without any reply. I sat at the embassy from 7am till 2pm before they brought out my passport. Usually, if you sent your passport by courier, they will take forever or may not even open your mail until you go there.
So if your travel date is close or has passed already, go to the embassy. Just pack your things and go to Lagos if you are not there already. Go before 10am. Dont make any issues. Just tell Paulinus that you are traveling that day and you have called and sent several mails already.

Meanwhile, we need to report this matter. I have the email and contacts that we can report this matter to in Berlin.

Na your country wey you dey report??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Adeniyii2017: 12:00am On Apr 12, 2019
Chriswazo:

Bro thank u for this, will need ur help with am too. D only thing i have refused to learn in this German waka, thought i go dodge am all
Just to wrap up my school applications, na im i come across this ECTS stuff on DIT portal, Google say ma i put 240 ECTS for my 4 years course. i weak grin grin
ma i go edit am, before them see am
Lool.. abeg go edit am sharp sharp, no time. Do PM to send it to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ajeleseujn(m): 12:08am On Apr 12, 2019
heeedreeez:
hi guyz, i have submitted my applications on uniassist since 22nd march but my status keeps reading 'Submitted online - processing not yet started'....Is this normal?

You people sha grin you should know they are receiving application all around the globe and not only in Nigeria. So, chill. You go ahead and send the necessary docs to them and put your hands crossed.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by stephoye: 4:23am On Apr 12, 2019
Morning guys, pls must i certify both the transcript and the certificate?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by FredUmar: 5:11am On Apr 12, 2019
Good morning people, anyone travelling through Turkish airline to Berlin this Saturday night let's link up �

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by campichristian(m): 5:17am On Apr 12, 2019
stephoye:
Morning guys, pls must i certify both the transcript and the certificate?

If your school requires you to certify your documents, then yes you must certify photocopies of your certificates such as Transcript of record, Bsc degree certificate, language proficiency letter or certificate, waec certificate(if part of the requirements, some schools don’t ask for this). In some cases but rare, some schools ask for certified Recommendation letters .
So just try to check the school’s requirements very well so you won’t waste time and money. Our gurus here might probably tell you same
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by janettee(f): 5:24am On Apr 12, 2019
ARISTOCRATDAMMY1:
HND is really useless. This is the message I got from a university.
I'm really down don't even know what to do next

You can't apply for Masters with HND. It's been said here numerous times.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by princetigris(m): 5:58am On Apr 12, 2019
FredUmar:
Good morning people, anyone travelling through Turkish airline to Berlin this Saturday night let's link up �
how much did you pay? Any discounts?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by gsk4reality: 6:03am On Apr 12, 2019
Hello Gurus in the house. I want to know if one Uniassist VPD can be used for more than one school in Germany.
I want to apply to two schools with VPD Uniassist.

2. Can I collect the transcript meant for Uniassist from my school and mail it myself to uniassist to beat time?

Sorry for asking this again.. I know its been dealt with a million and one times in the past threads but I tried to search for it but the result didn't come in handy.
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by obibanks: 6:16am On Apr 12, 2019
heybaby12:
I and @dailydollar certified today 3 sets of documents for 375 naira only wink wink . If you in Port Harcourt, federal High court Town is the bomb , after the state high court.

Please, what's involved in the process?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Iyke84: 6:43am On Apr 12, 2019
obibanks:
Anybody planning to send documents to UniAssist next week from Port-Harcourt?

Yes I am. Let me PM you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 6:59am On Apr 12, 2019
Adeniyii2017:

Lool.. abeg go edit am sharp sharp, no time. Do PM to send it to you.

Boss I pm you based on this ECTS matter.... Danke!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by sleekch1c(f): 7:15am On Apr 12, 2019
Lburna:
Same thing happened to me. It has happened to a lot of people here. In my own case, I had to call their Foreign Affairs in Berlin but before then, I sent several mails to the Embassy without any reply. I sat at the embassy from 7am till 2pm before they brought out my passport. Usually, if you sent your passport by courier, they will take forever or may not even open your mail until you go there.
So if your travel date is close or has passed already, go to the embassy. Just pack your things and go to Lagos if you are not there already. Go before 10am. Dont make any issues. Just tell Paulinus that you are traveling that day and you have called and sent several mails already.

Meanwhile, we need to report this matter. I have the email and contacts that we can report this matter to in Berlin.

For real??
Thanks for your input. When I’m done with this,that reporting must be done, I’ll contact you later on that.This cannot be happening to humans.

Chriswazo:

Hope no fake visa stanp on your passport?

When they hold your passport for months,you’ll come back and tell me how many fake visa stamps you have on it.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Opinionator: 7:27am On Apr 12, 2019
Guten Morgen Alles,

Please who knows what DHL branch picks up documents from the Consulate in Lagos?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Adeniyii2017: 7:28am On Apr 12, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

Boss I pm you based on this ECTS matter.... Danke!
Replied
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Sirbohr007(m): 7:29am On Apr 12, 2019
ladyb4sure:
I sent online documents then made payment the dollowing day that is 3weeks now, I don't know why the delay cry
Did they send you a mail confirming they've received your documents?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ARISTOCRATDAMMY1(m): 7:29am On Apr 12, 2019
Good morning guys, since it's impossible for me to apply with my HND, I'm considering BSC, do you think I Will be able to secure a good Job over there ??

And is it possible to secure a job of 200/300k.

I'm sorry if this question sounds stupid, I'm just trying to move before the completion of my NYSC so my sponsor won't have a change of mind
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Opinionator: 7:29am On Apr 12, 2019
sleekch1c:

For real??
Thanks for your input. When I’m done with this,that reporting must be done, I’ll contact you later on that.This cannot be happening to humans.

When they hold your passport for months,you’ll come back and tell me how many fake visa stamps you have on yours.

Try mailing them AGAIN. I did yesterday and I received a call from them saying they would despatch it yesterday though I'm yet to see progress regarding the tracking. I plan on placing a call to them this morning or going to the courier office.
I'm assuming you don't stay in Lagos. Going to the Consulate seems best, though might be time-taking.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Sirbohr007(m): 7:31am On Apr 12, 2019
Clara2244:
please did you apply separately for VPD. Uni assist sent me a mail 2 days ago that they are done with my application and will be sending it to my schools but am yet to receive my VPD.
Check your email. They usually send two mails at once, 1 is the VPD, the second is a letter confirming that they've finished the evaluation and will forward your application to the school. I applied for a bachelor's program so they won't forward mine.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Sirbohr007(m): 7:37am On Apr 12, 2019
DavisBloom:
How long did uniassist took to evaluate ur VPD?
8 days.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by heybaby12(f): 7:48am On Apr 12, 2019
obibanks:

Please, what's involved in the process?

You write an application, (They have the format).
Then they generate a pin, you pay the money in the bank. And take it back to them.
The highest you can pay is 500 naira.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by uchman(m): 8:00am On Apr 12, 2019
obibanks:
Anybody planning to send documents to UniAssist next week from Port-Harcourt?

We can team up brother
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by obibanks: 8:46am On Apr 12, 2019
heybaby12:

You write an application, (They have the format).
Then they generate a pin, you pay the money in the bank. And take it back to them.
The highest you can pay is 500 naira.

It comes with a seal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.