Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (594858 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by area74: 9:39am On Jun 15, 2019
stephoye:

Congrats. Were u exempted from paying tuition fee as a result of ACP or Nigeria being one of the least developed countries

Well, only the semester fee was stated in my Admission Letter. I didn't get any notification that the tuition has been waived. I think one has to write to seek exemption. You can as well help me with the process of getting the exemption. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by vincechyme(m): 9:41am On Jun 15, 2019
Seriously guys ..I recieved an early admission from Kiel .and after applying to cat B and later changed to A onthe 28 of May ...put start date which is oct 14th ..my greatest surprise is this people gave me 29th of August as interview date ..wasn’t bothered ooo until am seeing dates here given to people who just booked as 19th and lesser dates ...I can’t fanthom y this happens to me .them carry me for mind abi Wetin

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by decide: 10:04am On Jun 15, 2019
[quote author=Deustchemann post=79347597]
You're welcome.

Don't fret. You'll get your date next week.
Since your enrolment deadline is September ending, you should be able to get a date in July or early August[/q
Yes bro. I know God will do it. Thanks once again

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Wande15(f): 10:29am On Jun 15, 2019
Hi. Please how do I go about getting the waiver?
stephoye:

Congrats. Were u exempted from paying tuition fee as a result of ACP or Nigeria being one of the least developed countries
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Slip(m): 10:30am On Jun 15, 2019
Please somebody should help me with this post. Thank you.

Slip:
I salute all the elders in the house.

Please who have idea about University of Stralsund? I have applied on Uni-assist (International Management Studies in the Baltic Region Bsc) but I have been skeptical about the area Stralsund Baltic Region. So am consulting from the elders in the house to kindly share light on this area if it's friendly to foreign students, and particularly if there are job opportunities for students. In general what can be say about Stralsund?

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Slip(m): 10:36am On Jun 15, 2019
I believe this appointment the system is giving is based on ur entered start date. The system consider at least u should get ur visa within a month to start ur studies if there's no delay from the foreign office.

vincechyme:
Seriously guys ..I recieved an early admission from Kiel .and after applying to cat B and later changed to A onthe 28 of May ...put start date which is oct 14th ..my greatest surprise is this people gave me 29th of August as interview date ..wasn’t bothered ooo until am seeing dates here given to people who just booked as 19th and lesser dates ...I can’t fanthom y this happens to me .them carry me for mind abi Wetin

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ejighikepat(m): 11:08am On Jun 15, 2019
cry
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ejighikepat(m): 11:29am On Jun 15, 2019
Ikxim:

Whaoooo... That is one of my options too... Will apply for automation & Control there when their portal opens in September

3T:

Also going to Kaiserslautern... should I be worried ??

Don't think of it. !! It has NC
And your first degree has to be Automation Engineering
Unless you want to gamble with your €50

Beside with €50 it could sort out financial distress to an extent for two schools via uni-assist.de it could be the free application schools. So you just have to pay for your courier services

You will thank me letter I'm not discouraging anyone just an advise

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by iPOD007(m): 11:50am On Jun 15, 2019
Good day All,

Is there is anyone here who interview under category A when we still had to click the scholarship option and has done interview?

Your experience would be needed.

Cheers!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by lovable85(f): 11:55am On Jun 15, 2019
iPOD007:
Good day All,

Is there is anyone here who interview under category A when we still had to click the scholarship option and has done interview?

Your experience would be needed.

Cheers!
Someone did, this past week, he said when the VO saw it, he asked his boss and the boss said he should be allowed because it was a glitch, so you are safe

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kratos14: 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2019
obibanks:
Please, is anybody in contact with Mayorelnino, Princetigris or FLEMENKANTI08 ?

Yes. With flemenkanti08
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by stephoye: 1:00pm On Jun 15, 2019
area74:

Well, only the semester fee was stated in my Admission Letter. I didn't get any notification that the tuition has been waived. I think one has to write to seek exemption. You can as well help me with the process of getting the exemption. Thanks
I applied for the same course but they didn't give me admission. I don't know the process too but if you can read the tread back to April/may, there was a guy who was admitted to the University of Tubiggen (Baden-wattenberg, same state with Reutlingen). Tuition was waved for him as a result of ACP and Nigeria being one of the least developed countries. But I don't know whether it is B.sc or Masters. U can make your research
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by stephoye: 1:02pm On Jun 15, 2019
Wande15:
Read reply I gave to area74
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deutschmann: 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2019
AVO19:

I’m praying for you bro, AM will drop soon IJN
Amen oo
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Jaynyra(m): 1:12pm On Jun 15, 2019
Between Electronics Engineering (Lippstadt) and Industrial Engineering maintenance/operation (Deggendorf).
which is better?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Omoawoke: 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2019
Deustchemann:

Processing takes between 4-6 weeks, especially if it's the first application set they received from you.
On the portal, most times, you'll always see "submitted online, processing not yet started". Don't be worried, your processing is already on. When they are done, they will update it and send your application to your school. They can also send you your vpd in case you'll need it

OK, thank you for this info

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by princetigris(m): 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2019
Kratos14:

Yes. With flemenkanti08
my people, this una mention auto reset my head. Soon I will give y'all a full download of my experience in Dresden Germany. But for now, make we dey gather the story. grin grin cheesy grin grin

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by walexy06(m): 1:28pm On Jun 15, 2019
imoriafe:
Thanks all for your responses.. Please again, does Bayreuth give rolling admission? Like how long do they take to process admission? Thanks
I know they give rolling admission but can't really say the waiting time. waiting on them as well... plus also check if your course is restricted or open.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by imoriafe: 1:55pm On Jun 15, 2019
walexy06:

I know they give rolling admission but can't really say the waiting time. waiting on them as well... plus also check if your course is restricted or open.

Thanks a lot
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by aromade112: 2:08pm On Jun 15, 2019
They are both good courses.
Please, Industrial Engineering maintenance/operation (Deggendorf) what did you submit for English language certificate ? Certificate or proficiency letter.
Jaynyra:
Between Electronics Engineering (Lippstadt) and Industrial Engineering maintenance/operation (Deggendorf).
which is better?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ghostk: 2:15pm On Jun 15, 2019
vincechyme:

Lol. I’m in same shoes too bro. Got Sept 2 grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Dahyormine(m): 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2019
Jaynyra:
which is better?
I would go for lippstadt cos of the location, recommendations given on schools in Bavaria where daggendorf is located are not too encouraging.

But both courses are wonderful...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by CptWalter: 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2019
Wow great thread guys however I have a question please, which universities in Germany are very good and located in low cost cities where one cab work while studying? And secondly how easy is it to get a part time job while studying? Thank you guys
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bundestag(m): 3:31pm On Jun 15, 2019
SooCute:
Hearty congratulations newly admitted! Lob sei Gott!!
Apologies for those i am unable to respond to their PMs na hustle cause am.

I wish to thank all the contributors in this forum. just to add to what @Eldee narrated, i'd list few things that you might need to consider now you might still have time.

1) Get a drivers licence/learn driving. My company offered me a car, but i no get license. it will give you access to wide range of job opportunities. I no come fit spend 1800 euro plus the time to get am sharperly. To buy car here easy...sometimes you might wanna be sassy-classy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.renting a Mercedes benz here for trip (better one is about 5 euro/day) Suffer nogo kill you for this life.

2) Equip yourself. I got many opportunities. Forget dirty jobs, neat ones dey too grin grin grin grin grin if you clean yourself from home.
example, i got an offer as social media content management/development (just be snapping photo for them, editing with photoshop/InDesign and upload in their social media platforms like their Facebook account, Instagram etc for 15euro/hr). Challie, i no sabi photshop ni. As a sharp guy i asked during the interview if i can learn in 2 weeks, they said "leider nicht".(Unfortunately no). Fvck! i lost the job and missed the fvcking cozy office grin grin grin grin grin grin
Like i earlier mentioned, learn any functional programming language, u go be chairman. I also got a Nach hilfe (Extra-moral class for kinda SS3 mathematics class) 25 euro per hour. So you see?

3)If admitted, act with faith (I did so). Study related topics you might be needing for your future course. Revise your old notes. If you have access to internet, download or follow verified tutors on youtube. The thing is, you might not understand everything yet, but when you have an idea, its easier to ask the right question when it shows up in class.

4) Accommodation is a huge challenge (not a problem). If you are like me that like to be comfortable, apply for SWG in your city. This should be one of the earliest stuffs you should do. It's a government owned housing agency...their rooms are perfect and spacious with dining. Me i cannot comman squeez myself in one box and still pay high rent. SWG houses are fucking cheap. Embarrassingly cheap.
If you rent under someone, you can be kicked out, its not secured. But SWG, you are renting direct from gwomenti. everything is standard.

5) If you are like me that had no one to pick me from airport and you no wan dey jump train or miss road, abeg avoid the stress. There is a reliable transportation here called Flixbus. When you are sure of your travel date, you can contact someone here to book it for you from airport direct to your city. It is even cheaper and more comfortable than train.

6) If you can learn how to barb or shave yourself, you are luck. Buy clipper. Learn it if possible. i was forced to. normally barbing here, cheapest is 10 euro. Shaving 3 euro. When i came newly, i barbed for 29 euro, mostly need to barb 2wice a week, when i did the maths, e no soft oooo. Alaye na polythene bag you wan use comeback naija

7) Open a euro account with a reliable bank. Get all the details, if you are married and you trust your spouse, make it a joint account. In fact, find a way of dumping euro in Naija when you come here. If possible, make a possibility that your spouse (back home) or your siblings or your lawyer or your best friend can be able to withdraw the money if you authorize.

cool You will meet so many small children here. Don't be deceived. If you don reach to marry, marry. No dey do baby-pan-cake. shatap ya mauth grin grin grin grin. Truth is, you will never remain young.

9) If you are wishing to marry oyibo or oyibo marry you, get prepared. What worked for Mr A might not work for Mr B. What i mean to say is, prepare other strategies. No go abandon school unto all-is-in-order. People no dey hard to frustrate for this town. If e no dey for paper, no be you get m, even if you give oyibo belle, if she no go declare am for office, you still dey on a long thing. If you catch the one wey love you, she go even cry make you marry am, even carry am go Naija. But the thing is, you are the Nigeria she is seeing. Some of us here dey mumu. creating very silly impressions. When i see them i just turn left. Nonsense.

10) Within your last few weeks of travel, go for proper medical checkup (I checked everything grin grin grin grin grin). Be sure you treat any of our tropical sicknesses. Because if you carry malaria come here, na ambulance things. But here, malaria no dey to the best of my knowledge. I go hospital tell them say "doctor na malaria....na my normal sickness for nigeria, whenever i dey feel like this, i just know say na malaria" i just dey talk like small pikin, at he end, no be malaria. Shame no dey gree me go there again grin grin grin grin. come with some drugs if you wanna. its not necessary if you ask me.

11) Don't learn the language! As a big boy/girl na nonsense grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I am an opposite living testimony.

12) There are many things to distract you here, even your fellow blacks....in fact Nigerians. Get ready for it all. Know what you want and go for it. Don't reveal too much about your personality. Sadly, na person wey sabi you go betray you.

THIS IS YOUR GERMANY;
YOU PRAYED FOR
YOU HOPPED FOR
YOU INVESTED IN
TAKE IT FVCKING PERSONAL!!!!!!!

K'emesia.

This is a very salient contribution you made. Well done. God bless you

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2019
obibanks:

Baba, how far?

Your boy isa loyalist grin....You?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Amaterasu: 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2019
J saw on the German embassy website that you must not come in with phones. Guys who have gone for interview, how did you do it. Does it make sense to keep my phone on silence mode?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kenthumphz(m): 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2019
I hail una Germally.

Kwana biyu kam, according to my people grin.

I pray that the desires of our hearts be met on here. From admissions, to interview dates to AM to finally landing in Deutschland, God will definitely do all. Just believe!

8 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kenthumphz(m): 4:13pm On Jun 15, 2019
Amaterasu:
J saw on the German embassy website that you must not come in with phones. Guys who have gone for interview, how did you do it. Does it make sense to keep my phone on silence mode?

Better just turn it off whilst you are there. You can silent it but turning it off is safer.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deutschmann: 4:15pm On Jun 15, 2019
Amaterasu:
You can come with your phone, but it will stop at the gate with the security people
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eldeee(m): 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2019
Wande15:

Send a polite mail to your program coordinator stating you would like to be given a consideration as regards the waiver considering financial challenges in relation to our economy.

Let him know other schools in Baden wurttemberg are given considerations to students from LCD and ACP countries of which we are part of it. At least for now I know of tubingen and university of applied science Stuttgart.

For we in Karlsruhe, we have done same and our program coordinator has taken it up to the school authorities. We are expecting a positive response in no distant time.

All the very best.

NB : Less I forget, if you possibly can attach the document (Baden wurttemberg state law on education) where it was clearly stated. For the schools that gave such waivers, navigate to the English masters program for geoinformatics, you will see it clearly stated on their website. So you can also make reference to it. Germans like you to give them proofs of whatever you are seeking for.

cc: area74

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.