Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (595749 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by UsefulUsuf(m): 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2019
AjayD:

Hello.. I also got the invite... what course are you going for as I applied for Applied computer science

Applied computer science. how far with ur test date
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Philfit(m): 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
MicroMo:
My interview transcript
Arrived at the embassy in abuja around 7am.
Friendly security men and staff.
I didn't know the woman waiting to interview me will be something else.

So fast forward to the interview

Immediately she saw my passport photograph with Red background, she change am for me o
That my application will be rejected. I sha begged her, and she said if it gets rejected, that I am on my own.
Pleaded with her to let me send another set of passports after the interview, she said no. And you know abuja na, before you even see where to snap passport, you go Don Waka taya, so I decided to just go ahead with the interview

She arranged my documents herself.

She checked my originals, and gave me back. But kept my international passport.

So the interview questions were the normal stuffs

1. What's your course of study
2. Why did you choose this course
3. Of what benefit will this course be to your career
4. What do you know about germany. I told her a lot about german economy, she then said I should say something about Germany politically
5. What do you intend to do after your studies?
6 who is sponsoring your studies?
7. Have you funded?
That's all.

Guys that woman in abuja isn't friendly.
I asked other people at the embassy, and they said the passport photographs doesn't matter that since they took my biometrics, i'm good.

Na God hand I dey so. God help me.
Congrats bro, AM coming soon.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by UsefulUsuf(m): 4:36pm On Jul 09, 2019
AjayD:

Hello.. I also got the invite... what course are you going for as I applied for Applied computer science

Applied computer science too. how far with the test
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by LaGbaJaa: 4:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
FYI

Mr Heiko is very active on social media. you can check his twitter handle. Plus I got his e-mail on social media as well. Noting Sacred!

pompido:

Good though your intentions are but I believe a better approach might be to coordinate applicants to sign a letter of assistance. It would give some credence to your plight and exact some traction on the matter.

Posting the email in the open gives room for all kinds of entries

God bless us all
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by walexy06(m): 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2019
Richmondoau:
How can I translate PDF download to English? My AL was written in German
Check this site n navigate your way in.
onlinedoctranslator.com

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Slip(m): 5:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
Hello Bro,

I also applied for same course but yet to hear from them sad If I may ask what's your German grade so I can be hopeful? . Mine is 2.2 in German grade.

Thanks.

Eaze66:
I just got a LR from them just now . Bsc lnt'l bizn mgtmt.it was a NC course anyway! Check ur mail.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kenechill: 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
I understand how stressful it is waiting for appointments but to be candid, I don't support this. Don't ruin the chances of others coming later. Let your complaint go to the appropriate authority - which is the embassy.
Keep in mind that not everyone in that government is in support of Angela Merkels stand on immigration. Instead, find the email of the consular general and message him.
My opinion though.

LaGbaJaa:
If you have admission offer and you have not received an Appointment Date, there is one more thing you can do.

I am in your shoes and I do think we can all take one pragmatic step by directing our complaints to Mr. Heiko Maas – who is the German Federal Minister of Foreign Affairs. From what I gathered here, at least 35 students are still waiting in line for an appointment date (in any category, A. B..Z). The German consulate in Lagos has gone muted for a while, suggesting they have shot the door for slot bookings for the next 3 months.

Clearly, time is running out. We can’t afford to fold our hands with admission offers right in there. Some of us have even funded our Sperkonto and some have paid semester fees instructed in the enrolment notice. Now is not the time to start considering plan B or C to fill the space till next Winter applications. You have not done anything wrong by taking one step at a time in the application process. Neither is it a smart idea to blame the folks who are smart enough (perhaps from their experiences) to spot inefficiencies in the booking procedure and decided book 2 months ahead of final deadline for all schools – July 15th.

Here is Mr. Heiko Josef Maas’s email: heiko.mass@bundestag.de

Before it’s too late, lets approach this problem as a common course and write Mr Maas. The intent of our email to him should be to draw his attention to the struggle of applicants in Nigeria, particularly with the Lagos consulate, in getting interview appointment date. We should also request for his support by asking him to weigh into the situation and ask the Germany consulate in Lagos to make additional provision for all students who have been offered admission to study in Germany starting Winter 2019. You can attach your admission notice, block acct notification etc.

Please this is not “aluta continua” initiative. Be mindful of your language, grammar and expressions. YOU ARE WRITING TO A MINISTER OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY. Please note that. The whole idea is that you are requesting for his support, not a sort of derogatory reporting of the consulate. I have sent mine this afternoon.

NOTE

I am not new to niaraland and this thread. My salute to all great souls who devote their time and money to shaping knowledge for others here. I enjoy you all. No name mentions.

12 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Hassan19: 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
Hello house, if you also applied for TU Dresden zittau please pm me. Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Baabu320: 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
Is there anyone sending Document to Technische Hoschcule nurnberg please let share the cost
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Clara2244(f): 5:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
No I applied for International Business Management.
enigbon:
Yea depends on the course u applied to, you applied to the software developmemt course too right?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kumkumtins: 5:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
sunfrost:
We dey same boat as regards appointment, booked same day,study start oct 1....you sure we nor go rebook with Oct 21?....dunno sha...my guy keep me posted,I'm trying to get around it sha...

You don Dey hustle accommodation?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eaze66: 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2019
German grade is 2.8
Slip:
Hello Bro,

I also applied for same course but yet to hear from them sad If I may ask what's your German grade so I can be hopeful? . Mine is 2.2 in German grade.

Thanks.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by obibanks: 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
My visa interview transcript, Lagos 9th July.

Which School?
What course?
Your BSc Thesis?
Its results?
Reason for course?
Facts about Germany?
Have you funded?
Plans after school?
We'll get back to you��

Y'all should try & take it easy with Mr Paulinus. He usually scares you when you lose your cool. Just Be calm

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Oluebi: 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2019
Goodevening House!

Thanks for your assistance yesterday on questions about transcripts.I applied and paid for my transcripts yesterday.So my timelines started yesterday.

It is well with us all.AD will be made available on time for those waiting for it.There shall be no loss.Amen.

Please i tried using daad.de filter search for Tuition free MS.c Environmental Engr /related but all i got requires Test of English.Mostly 6.5 band for IELTS.

Please house,i need experienced hands to help me with schools that :

1. Tuition free
2. MS.c Civil,construction,Project management,Environmental related,renewable Engr,etc

3. Summer and winter of 2020
4. Direct application, online,last resort Uniassist.
5. English test not required,where i can get letter of proficiency of English language from my school.

Many many thanks.Please am not just waiting to be spoonfed,am also searching,thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by sunfrost(m): 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
Kumkumtins:

You don Dey hustle accommodation?

I don apply
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Slip(m): 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
Bro,

Thanks for your response. I don't really get the meaning of LR in ur previous post. Could that mean you were just given admission in same International Business and Management?
Eaze66:
German grade is 2.8
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by sunfrost(m): 6:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
Kenechill:
I understand how stressful it is waiting for appointments but to be candid, I don't support this. Don't ruin the chances of others coming later. Let your complaint go to the appropriate authority - which is the embassy.
Keep in mind that not everyone in that government is in support of Angela Merkels stand on immigration. Instead, find the email of the consular general and message him.
My opinion though.

Simply put....exactly...make una calm down....

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Barth88: 6:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
Akwaekee:
Did they demand police report and doctor's report from you? That's a first,really.
If you uploaded VPD from Uniassist, as I saw while trying to apply, don't think you still need to upload transcript.
Why don't you communicate with the school?

yes they demanded for both, VPD? its a direct application, doesnt go through uni assist, i contacted the cordinator already, she insisted i must upload via the upload section, you didnt apply with your transcript?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bedoab10k(m): 6:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
bedoab10k:
Good morning everyone, thanks for your comments, advise and solutions to issues here. Please, i intend to apply for my PhD in Germany. Here are my questions
1. Does the free tuition covers my experimental research during this program?
2. Can i get a grant or some financial benefit from the University i'm schooling?
3. Is there any means to make more than 9k euro per annum?
Thanks

Yet to see aspiring PhD student, please i need someone to attend to my questions. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Barth88: 6:55pm On Jul 09, 2019
UsefulUsuf:

I will advice you to mail the admission office about your current status and seek for assistance on what you should do. I did same and a test date was sent to me
could you please help me with their email? what do you mean by a test date? i havent been instructed on any test, i email the course cordinator who insisted i must upload via the upload section.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by seungold1929: 7:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
Hello guys, good evening
I have not been able to get a new passport
I went to their office at Ikeja and am told until its exactly 6months to the expiry date I can't get a reissue

Please what else can I do?
If I go for the interview with the one I have, will the VO return it to me?

The passport will expire next year February
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Banky933: 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2019
I suggest we all should put calls through to the embassy, make them aware of our ordeal and tell them the possible solution to it. They should format the booking system and leave only those that have their interview in the duration of 1 week as at when formatting the booking system. Then those eligible to book will be those that have AL. Now I also see a fault in the proposed booking system because if I have "AL" I can select an enrolment date, right? Some people will get an AL that is usually not their preferred choice of uni but will go ahead and book with it. I hope we get a solution to this mind troubling issue. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dailydolar(m): 7:46pm On Jul 09, 2019
bedoab10k:

Yet to see aspiring PhD student, please i need someone to attend to my questions. Thanks
most PhD in Germany comes with a pay kind of that why it's hard to get but U can search on
https://www.daad.de/deutschland/promotion/phd/en/13306-phdgermany-database/?promotiontype=&subject=5384&workinglang=5391&town=&paid=&q=material%20chemistry%20&page=1&back=1
So most times if you get PhD na scholarship so you don't have to block anything and them go they pay you like €1000 net so enjoy with the link

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by sassy92(f): 7:51pm On Jul 09, 2019
It's good that you're searching but I'm also applying for Environmental engineering courses and from my search, they all require IELTS and Uniassist. You can't escape them. I've written IELTS and budgeted Uniassist money already, I'll advise you to do same

Oluebi:
Goodevening House!

Thanks for your assistance yesterday on questions about transcripts.I applied and paid for my transcripts yesterday.So my timelines started yesterday.

It is well with us all.AD will be made available on time for those waiting for it.There shall be no loss.Amen.

Please i tried using daad.de filter search for Tuition free MS.c Environmental Engr /related but all i got requires Test of English.Mostly 6.5 band for IELTS.

Please house,i need experienced hands to help me with schools that :

1. Tuition free
2. MS.c Civil,construction,Project management,Environmental related,renewable Engr,etc

3. Summer and winter of 2020
4. Direct application, online,last resort Uniassist.
5. English test not required,where i can get letter of proficiency of English language from my school.

Many many thanks.Please am not just waiting to be spoonfed,am also searching,thanks.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by zainharb: 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2019
Hello guys, I'm new here and would like to study in Germany. I studied English and International Studies with a 2:2 result. I dunno if anyone can help me with schools that offer media related courses and hope I have a chance to do my Masters in the country.
Thank you very much for all the infos and updates. May God crown all our efforts.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dazzlingd(m): 8:02pm On Jul 09, 2019
MicroMo:
My interview transcript
Arrived at the embassy in abuja around 7am.
Friendly security men and staff.
I didn't know the woman waiting to interview me will be something else.

So fast forward to the interview

Immediately she saw my passport photograph with Red background, she change am for me o
That my application will be rejected. I sha begged her, and she said if it gets rejected, that I am on my own.
Pleaded with her to let me send another set of passports after the interview, she said no. And you know abuja na, before you even see where to snap passport, you go Don Waka taya, so I decided to just go ahead with the interview

She arranged my documents herself.

She checked my originals, and gave me back. But kept my international passport.

So the interview questions were the normal stuffs

1. What's your course of study
2. Why did you choose this course
3. Of what benefit will this course be to your career
4. What do you know about germany. I told her a lot about german economy, she then said I should say something about Germany politically
5. What do you intend to do after your studies?
6 who is sponsoring your studies?
7. Have you funded?
That's all.

Guys that woman in abuja isn't friendly.
I asked other people at the embassy, and they said the passport photographs doesn't matter that since they took my biometrics, i'm good.

Na God hand I dey so. God help me.
I wish you all success, pls did u tick Abuja resident when applying.?
I live in Abuja but I did not tick Abuja resident because of fear that they don't interview student visa at Abuja
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Oluebi: 8:05pm On Jul 09, 2019
sassy92:
It's good that you're searching but I'm also applying for Environmental engineering courses and from my search, they all require IELTS and Uniassist. You can't escape them. I've written IELTS and budgeted Uniassist money already, I'll advise you to do same

Many thanks sassy92. Am excited that i have someone applying for same course.Kindly share info with me.thanks.
I don't know how to use the PM thing.would have loved to ask some private questions.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ali228: 8:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
glopatra:

My brother check that start date properly so you won't waste time on it, it is starting March( Summer). I think the issue is since the data base is the same for all courses in the school, you can upload docs for any course. But it is not for winter

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 09, 2019
zainharb:
Hello guys, I'm new here and would like to study in Germany. I studied English and International Studies with a 2:2 result.

I advise you start looking at schools yourself and then ask for help if you need if not you'll sleep here o.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by enigbon: 8:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
ok cool
Clara2244:
No I applied for International Business Management.

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.