Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (600) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (595311 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by pompido: 7:17am On Jul 10, 2019
Glowing1:
To make things clear last year winter was not demanding, in fact, it was d easiest in terms of visa interview date.

Believe me this winter is something else
1. Last year winter there was nothing like cat A or B. 1st class didn't av special preference compared to 3rd class or those going for a B.sc like it is now.

Don't mind people telling u to calm down n not call or email.

Seeing as you are a veteran, I would like to assume that you kind of know what the winter 2016 and 2017 folks faced. If you can please try and find those pages then you will understand that this is the best response to lack of interview dates seen to date. Switching from online booking to emails and back to online where there is no fastest fingers rush.

The funny thing is the lady that picks the call at the embassy has near zero clue of internal proceedings and has a default response to every query. Imagine her telling someone to wait 8months for family reunion appointment cheesy

The German consulate hold the rights to pause, stop or even cancel visa application periods (ask 2017 set I think).

Emails (coordinated ones even better) are your better bets to being heard and probably considered.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by UsefulUsuf(m): 7:21am On Jul 10, 2019
Barth88:

could you please help me with their email? what do you mean by a test date? i havent been instructed on any test, i email the course cordinator who insisted i must upload via the upload section.
bewerbung@th-deg.de. explain the problem I details and seek for assistance
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Cashmanbreeze: 7:23am On Jul 10, 2019
Glowing1:

U that av enrolment for Aug/Sept, which is just a month or 2 from now n still haven't gotten a date, don't follow them o. Follow ur instinct n don't let anyone dictate for u. If u need to call or email them to remind them of ur date fine n if u don't fine. No one is forcing anybody to do anything. Cos assuming this people advising u to relax are presently in ur situation, this Nairaland would Av turned upside down by now.

Don't mind those thinking we are ranting, na badbelle dey disturb them. Cos there's no room for ranting when u call, is just to smile over d phone n remind them of date. So why do u think there's a line u can always call when u av any pressing issue.

Give this ur 100% n don't follow every advice u come across on NL.

For me, I called made my point n didn't rant d lady was nice over the phone.

I do not know why anyone with a contrary opinion is a bad belle. You are going to someone's country on a tuition free condition which your country could not provide for you and you are firming activist. Buhari has not appointed ministers since he was sworn in and you haven't sent a single email about it. You don't even have any address to sent to.

We have to show faith in the system. This is not a right but a privilege. They could decide not to allow any winter admissions and wouldn't owe anyone any explanations. Patience is a virtue. Sending a mail to the foreign minister could be counter productive in the long run. So let's all remain calm and occupy ourselves with other activities while hoping that all the issues are resolved soonest.

Moreover, the wheels of government moves slower in our sphere. People made applications to NNPC are still waiting while some applications in Nigeria takes more than 2 years to be worked on.

Patience people

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Glowing1: 7:42am On Jul 10, 2019
Glowing1:
Update from my call to the Lagos Embassy

So I called to inquire about d date like I earlier wrote. I think she's a nice person, she sounded calm n apologize that they are working on the date, that I should exercise patience. That most people booked before me but still haven't gotten a date. That they are aware n working on it.

This news shouldn't stop u from putting ur calls across as well. Let them know we are waiting. Cos this is an important issue that needs to be addressed soonest

As simple as what I wrote here, people have started changing this to say I'm advising people to bombard the embassy. For ur information, u av no right whatsoever to tell anyone here not to call when they what to. Not like u paid their uni-assist fees, or u funded them or sponsoring them. All man to him self. You've passed this stage, lets we on this stage think for ourselves.

What I don't like is when someone is saying something vital, u start hearing discouragement from left, right, everywhere. Cos some of this people might av already funded or gotten their SL ready n hoping to av date. Free people to act how they want to even if it's once, without discouraging them.

I remember when I was asking for a number to call d embassy with, someone discouraged me not to, that d voice is harsh, n I will regret calling. At d end I did call n she was polite, she listens to me.

This still boils down to u, if u listen to all these people saying don't call, u are bombarding na OYO u dey.

Av u ever said to urself, what if this person that wrote this is lying, how will u know? D only way to know is to put our own phone call across. Don't always believe or feel relax when u see any post on NL. Embassy can't get angry because are calling to inquire about visa date. Let's get that right.

Na u wey wear shoe know where e dey pain u.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Hycent007: 7:42am On Jul 10, 2019
Good morning house. Please I am in need of schools that require only online application for any management course. Please help a brother.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by aduku1(m): 7:47am On Jul 10, 2019
Eldeee:

Bros abeg no put fear for the guy body, Lol. The usual practice at Abuja embassy is they collect your passport after interview and return all your documents to you as opposed to what is done at the Lagos consulate. This has been the practice over the years as far as I have known.

As regards the stamping, it's normal if you travel to our West Africa neighbors with your passport, people who don't have to pay something to be given a pass. And moreover I don't think embassy will be is interested in such as its not schengen countries or some other high profile countries of the world.

Thanks for the info....but I do not think verifying stamp will put fear into anyone Sir.....my opinion doh...Thanks once again
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by kendoschurrle(m): 7:55am On Jul 10, 2019
^^^ You really need to calm down. Nobody is trying to stop you from anything.. Just telling you to exercise patience and caution. Like someone said above, this is not your right. They don't owe you or anyone any special explanations.

Just follow the process and hope for the best!

A country allowing you to study free has the right to set any conditions and act anyhow they want.. Even the Canada and America with high tuition treat people even worse..

Calling them 50 times or not calling at all won't change anything at all. Instead they may start blocking numbers and emails..Or make conditions tougher in future so that people won't start bombarding them with calls and emails.

The people in Germany that you are getting angry at have nothing to lose if the embassy decides to permanently shut down free education seekers!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MicroMo: 7:57am On Jul 10, 2019
abnoble:

Do they verify Ghana stamp.....i think say na normal west Africa country oo.....pls explain to me better if u get idea.
me see taya o. It's not like it's a visa na, it's just a normal border stamp. I doubt that's the reason, because they retained the passport of all the students that interviewed in Abuja yesterday
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Cashmanbreeze: 8:26am On Jul 10, 2019
Glowing1:

I wish I can send 5 thunderous slap to u and every other person quoting me that I sent d minister Email address here. U are quoting d wrote person, I also saw that here too just like u did. If u think I said that, kindly quote me with that same quote. Pls stop quoting me unnecessary

Well I thought you posted the email address. All other points remain valid.
Be careful of sending thunderous slap (5 for that matter).
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DeutschMariano: 8:32am On Jul 10, 2019
Interview done... Transcript to follow shortly grin

12 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Westahorf10(m): 8:37am On Jul 10, 2019
Please who has gotten Admission letter or Rejection letter from university of Passau... MA development studies

Also who has gotten admission or rejection from schmalkalden... International business and Economics

Someone please answer
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Glowing1: 8:46am On Jul 10, 2019
Cashmanbreeze:

Well I thought you posted the email address. All other points remain valid.
Be careful of sending thunderous slap (5 for that matter).

U are not a mad person, so stop jumping into d next available quote just to say anything. Very soon u will be in DE that's if u are not already in DE. Next time address d right person
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Awilibogy(m): 8:48am On Jul 10, 2019
Good morning House,

For those that got admission into RUB, I want to know Will GPA of 2.7 (Nigeria) fly for Masters admission into Molecular and Developmental Stem Cell Biology? I studied Science laboratory technology and in microbiology.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MissGlamorosa(f): 9:00am On Jul 10, 2019
Hi guys
Please my interview comes up in few weeks, and I've not been able to get my Degree certificate. I wanted to know if the Embassy will accept my Statement of result in its place...cos I've really tried all I can to get it from school and am being ask to wait. It's really bothering me please
[/quote]
Can someone please help me here...I need a response
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Glowing1: 9:05am On Jul 10, 2019
MissGlamorosa:
Hi guys
Please my interview comes up in few weeks, and I've not been able to get my Degree certificate. I wanted to know if the Embassy will accept my Statement of result in its place...cos I've really tried all I can to get it from school and am being ask to wait. It's really bothering me please

Can someone please help me here...I need a response

Yes i used statement of result last year n got Am, doh it still boils down to how long uve graduated. If it's not more than 3 yrs. U are fine with ur statement of result

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by cliper230(m): 9:33am On Jul 10, 2019
Lets reason like human being, i have a AL but i don't have date yet, let’s hope that they release date soon,
Bombarding them with emails and calls won't solve our problem because they are already aware of number of people without AD.
its written in their website that it might take 1-2months before an interview date is released. And the other guy that was suggesting that we should write German minister for foreign affairs in Germany he must be out of this mind. Writing German minister for foreign affairs in Germany means you are reporting German ambassador in Nigeria that he/she is not capable of handling the running of their embassy in Nigeria, e no get any law wey say them go give you date o. just calm down my guy

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dailydolar(m): 9:33am On Jul 10, 2019
MicroMo:
Just the normal Ghana togo, benin, Ivory Coast stamp... that was when I travelled by road last year to ivory coast, and yes they retained my passport
Abuja they always retain passport cos them no dey use courier so when it's ready them go call you to come with the insurance and pick your visa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Cashmanbreeze: 9:34am On Jul 10, 2019
Glowing1:

U are not a mad person, so stop jumping into d next available quote just to say anything. Very soon u will be in DE that's if u are not already in DE. Next time address d right person

Your choice of words really points out the kind of person you are. Taking an inconsequential part of my post and making it your pivot shows your level of understanding and reasoning. I will never descend to your level.
The message is clear, patience is key.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dailydolar(m): 9:43am On Jul 10, 2019
Glowing1:
To make things clear last year winter was not demanding, in fact, it was d easiest in terms of visa interview date, all u need to do was send ur passport data page, fintiba confirmation n AL, that's all u need to get a date. I got mine in 2hrs time the same day I got my AL. I was part of last year I got an AM, but my BA wasn't complete so I had to withdraw till this winter. No one as at last winter will tell u they waited for 2 whole months before getting a date.

Believe me this winter is something else
1. Last year winter there was nothing like cat A or B. 1st class didn't av special preference compared to 3rd class or those going for a B.sc like it is now.

Don't mind people telling u to calm down n not call or email, Abi do they expect you to fold ur arms or play ten ten. I tire for some kind advice here. They don't understand how it feels to wait for date for weeks n then weeks turn to months. They've never experienced that before, Cos some of these people are already in DE or done their interview n expecting their AM or waiting for AL, so they really don't understand ur plight.

U that av enrolment for Aug/Sept, which is just a month or 2 from now n still haven't gotten a date, don't follow them o. Follow ur instinct n don't let anyone dictate for u. If u need to call or email them to remind them of ur date fine n if u don't fine. No one is forcing anybody to do anything. Cos assuming this people advising u to relax are presently in ur situation, this Nairaland would Av turned upside down by now.

Don't mind those thinking we are ranting, na badbelle dey disturb them. Cos there's no room for ranting when u call, is just to smile over d phone n remind them of date. So why do u think there's a line u can always call when u av any pressing issue.

Give this ur 100% n don't follow every advice u come across on NL.

For me, I called made my point n didn't rant d lady was nice over the phone.

Let's keep our fingers crossed n hope for d best. I wish everyone success from those expecting AL to us expecting AD n finally those expecting AM. God almighty shall crown our efforts with success as we await bountiful testimonies n his name shall be praise. Gods willing we all will enter DE this winter. That's my every day prayer for us.
bros saying last winter was not as challenging as this is not the whole truth winter has always been challenging since time immemorial many people still didn't get date last winter till embassy changed to online booking around October or so.
And many people are still here from last winter. You can do whatever you want with the embassy but mind you if they won't release date they won't it's as simple as that it's not your right to have date it's their country and when you try to bring this aluta spirit E no go work as we speak cat B and A are getting dates so ask people what they are doing to get date and that's all it's not by quarrel
Let's be calm we go they ok Las Las

5 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by sunfrost(m): 9:43am On Jul 10, 2019
People dey funny ooo...na wa oo,simple call or inquiry is even far enough ...na another country minister next..na wa oo

cliper230:
Lets reason like human being, i have a AL but i don't have date yet, let’s hope that they release date soon,
Bombarding them with emails and calls won't solve our problem because they are already aware of number of people without AD.
its written in their website that it might take 1-2months before an interview date is released. And the other guy that was suggesting that we should write German minister for foreign affairs in Germany he must be out of this mind. Writing German minister for foreign affairs in Germany means you are reporting German ambassador in Nigeria that he/she is not capable of handling the running of their embassy in Nigeria, e no get any law wey say them go give you date o. just calm down my guy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dailydolar(m): 9:45am On Jul 10, 2019
heybaby12:

@auswaertigesamt

Tel.
00234 9 220 8010/11/12

Mobile phone number
00234 706 410 8800 or -805 880 8800(abuja)

https://m.facebook.com/GermanMissionsNigeria

Tel.
00234 1 280 9966 (lagos)

I am honestly sorry for telling you not to. Start a movement ,# them, fb them call them. Do all you want. But remember one thing the german government really owes us no explanation(your government does). I have family members on this waiting list too. We are also looking for other sensitive ways to tackle this matter. I told them to channel the energy in learning the language.

You forgetting this is a public forum you have x2 ghost members that are active . Averagely its reported the embassy gets more than a 100 calls a day for this matter and that's not chaotic enough.

You cant burn a bridge that you gonna pass tomorrow.

Once again I am sorry . For being insensitive.

killing it since 1864

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dailydolar(m): 9:47am On Jul 10, 2019
Eldeee:

Bros abeg no put fear for the guy body, Lol. The usual practice at Abuja embassy is they collect your passport after interview and return all your documents to you as opposed to what is done at the Lagos consulate. This has been the practice over the years as far as I have known.

As regards the stamping, it's normal if you travel to our West Africa neighbors with your passport, people who don't have to pay something to be given a pass. And moreover I don't think embassy will be is interested in such as its not schengen countries or some other high profile countries of the world.
my oga leave people they just say what they don't know and will even be proud about it
Thank jare
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by glopatra(m): 9:53am On Jul 10, 2019
[quote author=Ali228 post=80104784][/quote]

Thanks for this info my brother. Did you use ielts or EPL?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by cliper230(m): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2019
no mind the guy
sunfrost:
People dey funny ooo...na wa oo,simple call or inquiry is even far enough ...na another country minister next..na wa oo

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by badmus306(m): 10:00am On Jul 10, 2019
Glowing1:

Take it easy, because someone has a contrary opinion doesn't make him a BAD BELLE.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by aivewobhor: 10:25am On Jul 10, 2019
Please I need the alien office email of Duisburg-Essen. They aren’t responding to the one I have
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Glowing1: 10:27am On Jul 10, 2019
Why are people like this, na badbelle part u take to heart, n d rest writeup before that u didn't see. U sha want to talk. I said that becos of d discouragment coming from people here.
D summary of what i said was u can inquire for date if u want to, no more is forcing u to or not.

N for those saying u can't force d embassy to give date if they don't. No one is forcing anyone, stop turning this to something else. N saying they are given date i should ask them how. Yea i heard they are giving dates to those with oct/nov deadline. Someone on Monday got sept 26 as date.

There's none of my post, whr i said we should force anyone abt anything. If u av to quote me, quote what i said, don't just quote me to say anything.

Both cat A n B i will urge us to be patient n prayerful, most importantly don't feel discouraged or less motivated, do what ur instinct requires u to do. Las las we go dey alright
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nkemakolam555: 10:28am On Jul 10, 2019
Please I want know something here .I wrote my waec with the name Okolie nkemakolam Mario some years ago and I have the same name in my degree certificate .My problem now is that what I have in my passport is okolie nkemakolam blaise .Please since I will be going to embassy soon should I go with an affidavit to back it up
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nkemakolam555: 10:32am On Jul 10, 2019
Please I need help .There is one name difference between my certificate and passport what do I do since I have interview with German embassy next week? should I get an affidavits?Will they accept it
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 10, 2019
Nkemakolam555:
Please I need help .There is one name difference between my certificate and passport what do I do since I have interview with German embassy next week? should I get an affidavits?Will they accept it

Do an affidavit
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by KamsyIvy: 10:36am On Jul 10, 2019
Check TU Ilmenau
Hycent007:
Good morning house. Please I am in need of schools that require only online application for any management course. Please help a brother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.