Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,208 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (594275 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 8:09pm On Mar 17, 2019
Okay, Geo and environmental science guys....Unibayreuth just put up a notification for application to the Msc program :Environmental Geography.

I follow their Facebook page for this program, that's how I got to know.

Good luck to us!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by vinlyreeks(m): 8:16pm On Mar 17, 2019
Stophie1000:
Please Who Know whether MLU can accept a proof of English proficiency tendered from a federal school in Nigeria like UNN. Or must it be An IELTs or TOEFL. And what of OVON. Please someone should guide a brother thank you

Check if MLU accepts POEP if they do then a letter from unn will be fine
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by deluxscript(m): 9:27pm On Mar 17, 2019
Hi Guys

I want to go submit my passport and travel insurance tomorrow, but i will also be submitting my SL. I only have the scanned copy with me, my sponsor will be sending the original to the embassy tomorrow, so it should get to the embassy latest wednesday.

Pls what do you suggest i do?
Should i send the scanned copy via mail to the embassy also explaining the original has been sent and should arrive at the embassy or wednesday?
OR
Should i print the scan copy and write in a note of the arrival of the original copy?

What is the best way here, other opinions or suggestions are welcome please
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Pecky2222: 9:28pm On Mar 17, 2019
Kenechill:
Trier university - environmental science

Kiel University - Dairy science or Agrigenomics

University of gottingen - Plant and animal breeding or Tropical and international forestry

TU Munich - Horticultural science or Sustainable resource management or management and technology

University of Bremen - Ecology

Ludwig Maximilian University Munich - Ecology of epidemiology or plant science

University of Bonn - Medical immunoscience and infection

FSU Jena - ecology

IHI Zittau - Ecosystem services

TH KOELN - natural resources management

ULM - Biology

Bayreuth - global change ecology

JMU Wurzburg - ecology

Rhine waal Uni - Biological resources

GOOD LUCK

Wow...tnx

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by heybaby12(f): 9:57pm On Mar 17, 2019
henriq2:

If only people will do things right and understand the process well. Since 2017 till now, me and my friends use Nipost and non didn't deliver. Even when we used to spend only 350 - 400 before they increased the price, non have exceeded three weeks. Sometimes it delivers in less than ten days if you are sending from their MM airport. Albeit, people do experience such - once in a while and that's why I said two months. If it didn't deliver in 4 weeks you resend it.

I'm just trying to help those of you that will send multiple documents.

I guess they were better when it was cheaper Sef...
I sent a document to my school after my admission last year, I paid 180 naira and it got here in 6 weeks.

And also they made my friend pay for the registered one. And I have heard here that's slower.
Its all good. My point is it can give you high bp especially when your future depends on it.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by heroshark(m): 10:39pm On Mar 17, 2019
Please I've booked an appointment for a short stay schengen visa. Part of the documents I'm expected to bring to the interview is Flight itinerary ability reservation showing entering and departure date. Does it mean I have to book a flight even be I get the visa? Someone with any idea pls help
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Alore: 10:44pm On Mar 17, 2019
Good people. I have been a silent reader. Thanks for all your contributions and assistance on this thread.

I've just been offered an admission in one of the private Business Schools in Germany for an MSc in IT Management. The tuition is hefty - €15k for the programme, though I can pay instalmentally throughout the duration of the course! It sounds crazy because almost all schools people have been getting here are free-tuition or 1500 max per semester.

My chances are quite limited really because I'm in my 40s and only had HND.

My question is this: is it worth it to spend this kind of money on this adventure? Na borrow a wan borrow the money sef! I hope to get a job in Germany and able to relocate with my family after the MSc. I have over 10 years work experience in IT working in one of the IT multinationals in Nigeria.

Thanks for your time in answering the question.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Cookee: 11:18pm On Mar 17, 2019
henriq2:

If only people will do things right and understand the process well. Since 2017 till now, me and my friends use Nipost and non didn't deliver. Even when we used to spend only 350 - 400 before they increased the price, non have exceeded three weeks. Sometimes it delivers in less than ten days if you are sending from their MM airport. Albeit, people do experience such - once in a while and that's why I said two months. If it didn't deliver in 4 weeks you resend it.

I'm just trying to help those of you that will send multiple documents.

I think maybe the person is talking about EMS postal agency which is also under Nipost but if you qant to take your chances you can.^^^

But one thing you guys have to bear in mind again is that anything that is being owned or managed by the Nigerian government is not reliable even if you are at the point of death; you can take instances with the public/government sectors, schools and hospitals..
Where is our Nigerian Airways which can also make traveling and sending of packages abroad cheaper for us.^^^

Me and you should know that any business owned by a private entity does enter mismanagement easily but the services will be costly due to the heavy tax imposed on them and some ecological factors.^^^

Noch einmal, bitte try to avoid sending anything through EMS agency if they are still functioning; I'm not trying to criticize someone's business but I have my own dirty experience with them which made someone miss his flight without getting any refund and they didn't care at all with their delays and unperturbed management.^^^
One thing is that if you want to send a package urgently see whether you can avoid Local Postal Agencies no matter where you are, yes they are cheap but their transit periods fluctuates easily and is not stable with any concrete reason. You might even be tracking a package going to Gabon and for one month it will still be showing you Lagos. just hold your breath within the few days of transit until it reaches the final destination.
please before you do anything that is new to you in life or send anything make enquiries because it's not every postal agency whether private or govt owned is reliable and nobody will tell you that his business is not the better one, until you "Taste and See".

I'm just writing based on my experience but with the comments and write-ups we are seeing here it means that Nipost can be reliable but not EMS and not much has been said about them----
Toi Toi Toi^^^
TH3NKS...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 11:20pm On Mar 17, 2019
Bethiano:
Just want to appreciate you for your hard work. The way you have presented this shows you have done your bit judiciously.

Well done, no room for laziness !

Thank you Chief. God bless us all cheesy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 11:23pm On Mar 17, 2019
thekachi:
their applications are only through uni-assist. Thank you very much.
If that's the case, print the completed Uni-assist application form. Sign it, and add to your documents.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Cookee: 11:33pm On Mar 17, 2019
heroshark:
Please I've booked an appointment for a short stay schengen visa. Part of the documents I'm expected to bring to the interview is Flight itinerary ability reservation showing entering and departure date. Does it mean I have to book a flight even be I get the visa? Someone with any idea pls help

Good day Herr,
To the best of my knowledge what majority of embassies normally need if you are still going for their visa interview is a Confirmed Flight Ticket and some even ask for Hotel reservation if you don't have any person hosting you there^^
What that means is that you don't have to buy a full ticket yet nor book your flight but find a means or an agency to get you a travel itinerary or flight ticket and make sure that it's Confirmed .
I don't know how they recognize the one that is confirmed but ask the people that will do it for you to give you every assurance that it's Confirmed.^^
No matter who will do it for plz it shouldn't cost you more than 10k . There is nothing much in the procurement of it.
If you reason well with them you can just drop recharge card money for them..
I hope it helps.^^

TH3NKS
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Philfit(m): 11:37pm On Mar 17, 2019
Alore:
Good people. I have been a silent reader. Thanks for all your contributions and assistance on this thread.

I've just been offered an admission in one of the private Business Schools in Germany for an MSc in IT Management. The tuition is hefty - €15k for the programme, though I can pay instalmentally throughout the duration of the course! It sounds crazy because almost all schools people have been getting here are free-tuition or 1500 max per semester.

My question is this: is it worth it to spend this kind of money on this adventure? Na borrow a wan borrow the money sef! I hope to get a job in Germany and able to relocate with my family after the MSc. I have over 10 years work experience in IT working in one of the IT multinationals in Nigeria.

My brother that’s the best course you can study that’s why it costs so much, it’s really sought after everywhere and with your experience nothing less that 70k euros a year. If you succeed in your msc learn how to speak the language I’m sure you’d get a job. Not just from Germany alone, studying this course anywhere would do wonders for you, but’s it’s always so expensive that’s why most people don’t go for it

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by IchBinBrait(m): 11:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
dolpaz:

Hi guys, Long Post Alert !!!

Sorry for the long silence. Man gats hustle, study and make some cheddars. You know, money makes the world go round, but still one has to be careful cos the same money is the root of all evil.

Now, as promised I want to drop some experience about dating here in DE. I want to use this medium to appeal to everyone that this is just MY OPINION and personal experience here in DE.

First, everyone would probably need either a Romeo or Juliet at some point in life. This is normal ! I heard at the earliest stage in DE that most Germans respect blacks alot and when they see one, they regard us as Black American and before you know, the flows and likeness comes into play. but these days, that opportuinty has vanished into thin air as they mostly see blacks as opportunist thanks to our African Brothers who chase these ladies towards papers. Truth is an most western lady (German, American, Austrian, etc) either blows hot and in most cases very hot or cold/extremely cold. Reason best known to them. I think its because of the cultural differences between us, hence the reason why we could not withstand these differences. You could be dating a white lady and you guys could have a lil misunderstanding and within the twinlke of an eye, she can ask you to leave even in the middle of the night, she doesnt care! and if you refuse to leave, she could call the Police. so as omo boy, you go just bounce to avoid stories. Moreso, if you end up dating the strict ones and she understands english, she could command you not to speak any other language apart from english or German. But because of the fear of loosing her and the advantages accrued with dating her, you´ll bow to her demand.

These and many more which inlcudes food, Religion, lifestyle (Party, smoking, clubbing,) etc. The big question is: are you ready to tilt towards the differences because of paper? when a black dates a German she faces alot of criticism from her colleagues. They criticize them so much by saying to him/her Jokingly that "You´re dating a black guy/girl right, dont worry he´ll impregnate you, get the papers from you and dump you for his African woman" and truly, this is what the african guys do alot because we cant get controlled by a lady for the rest of our lives.. so, after getting the papers they file for divorce and go for the real African woman. When these happens, the news spread easily like wildfire and the caution/hatred spread also. If you want to marry a German, you´ll go through some series of verification which could span across months. If you impregate a German without marriage, my brother be ready to pay through your Nose. You´ll be asked to pay a certian money (Around 800€) for verification from your country of origin to proof that you don´t have a child/family back home. after this verification is complete, you´ll pay your child and Baby mama a certain percentage from your monthly salary. So lets assume you earn 1200, you could end up with 520 at the end of the month or even less cos your Renten(Pension) and Insurance will increase while your Taxes will reduce because you have a kid. Even though, you are registered as a father to a German child, Yet it doesn´t translate to getting permanent paper immediately. Most foreign office will give you 3 years at first, and if you don´t err in taking care of the mother and kids, then they give you permanent residency. But during this three years, you´ll be at the mercy of your baby mama cos any report from her... He don set be that. so you´ll be as humble as a lamb.....! Also, you have to keep working to sustain the support and during this process, school will heavily suffer cos you have to make so much in order to keep up with Bills and life.

The same scenario is applies to ladies as well. But not as extensive as in the case of guys. You just need to find someone who understand what it means to be inter-racial lovers. I have a girl around me thjough who keeps complaining about a German guy she´s dating. she said the guy is unpredictable and most times, he doesn´t want to even see her around him. Like I said earlier on, both guys and girls face heavy criticism from their German colleagues because of experiences from the past or from what they´ve heard or seen. Even the blacks born here will hardly give you a chance cos most of them are already soaked into the german system and culture. So when you approach, they give you alot of conditions and my brother, these conditions no be here. (Not in all cases though) so they tend to me very careful.

Pros of Marrying/dating a whity:
1) Your status gets changed... You´re given between 3-5 years at first, then Permanent Residency follows
2) You get unlimited work permit
3) Your woman gets Kindergeld and Muttergeld from the Government (Assuming you´re not working)
4) Fastest way to get PR (if responsibilities are taken and met)

Cons Marrying/dating a whity:
1) You face emotional, psychological and at times physical torture
2) Your studies could suffer
3) Cultural differences
4) Be ready to withstand the awkward look when you´re pushing around a white baby in the Kinderwagen smiley
5) Your dietary could change because with Bread, cheese, Currywurst and maybe Beer, these guys are OK.
6) They tend to look older than their age (My observation though) etc

There are other nationalities though that are not as strict as the Germans... The Poles, Czech, Romania, Bulgaria, etc but if we have kept our house (Nigeria) in order, We are better than these countries. They are just better because of the affiliation with EU. (My opinion)

My advise to anyone who has a stable partner (Stable means there´s a commitment and/or legally binding) is to hold on to it and keep communication open. dont because of "I am going abroad" end a fruitful relationship. It could hunt you such that you may regret it. Most especially if you have a hardworking partner, The sky will be your limit because opportunities are boundless here.

Pros of Bringing your partner (Student):
1) You understand each other
2) You eat your favourite continental dishes.
3) You can jointly train up your child without cultural clashes.
4) You both work and save to have a better future
5) You support each other in times of need
6) No/few religious, Cultural, Lifestyle differences etc

Cons of Bringing your partner (Student):
1) You don´t get a permit immedaitely which means your child depends on the parents status. But if one of the parent gets a PR, everyone gets it as well.
2) Your child doesnt get Kindergeld (Depends on cities though) but If your partner comes via Family reunion, the mother gets mutterGeld while the child gets Kindergeld
3) Your status stays and your partner will have to find a way to take care of the family.

You could also bring your GF/BF if you can vouch your church mind for him/her. **

My verdict: The German Government has given us the opportunity to experience world class education at a great price. Lets not abuse this opportunity. Also, The German Government has made residency kinda easy to get.. Finish your studies, during your study period, try and attain German B1 with a corresponding certificate, Apply for a job (There are jobs everywhere), work for 21 months, File for your permanent residency. #Lobatan. Its sounds/looks hard but its doable. I have lots of guys who are on this path. If they can do it, you can do it. The ball is in your court to decide what you want. According to the Bible Micah 6:8

In all, if you think you are mentally ready for inter racial dating, you can go for it. I decided to write this as a Benchmark. The above are just scenario you could experience while dating a westerner. Its a 2 edged sword thingy.

PS: This is my OWN Opinion/Observation.

My english these days sef.. German don kaputt my sentence construction

See the way am following every of your posts bumper to bumper... grin grin You are a blessing!!

The bolded sentences are inspirational.. Wanna ask - How long have you been in DE...?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Wonders7: 12:10am On Mar 18, 2019
DON'T PRINT IT OUT. I REPEAT, DON'T PRINT IT OUT PLEASE.
Why is your Sponsor not sending the Letter directly to you, why the embassy?
Redirect the sending to you, receive and courier all 3docs to the embassy same time.
My advise.

deluxscript:
Hi Guys

I want to go submit my passport and travel insurance tomorrow, but i will also be submitting my SL. I only have the scanned copy with me, my sponsor will be sending the original to the embassy tomorrow, so it should get to the embassy latest wednesday.

Pls what do you suggest i do?
Should i send the scanned copy via mail to the embassy also explaining the original has been sent and should arrive at the embassy or wednesday?
OR
Should i print the scan copy and write in a note of the arrival of the original copy?

What is the best way here, other opinions or suggestions are welcome please
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Alore: 12:21am On Mar 18, 2019
Philfit:

My brother that’s the best course you can study that’s why it costs so much, it’s really sought after everywhere and with your experience nothing less that 70k euros a year. If you succeed in your msc learn how to speak the language I’m sure you’d get a job. Not just from Germany alone, studying this course anywhere would do wonders for you, but’s it’s always so expensive that’s why most people don’t go for it

Thank you sir... very much! This is very encouraging.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Wonders7: 12:25am On Mar 18, 2019
You are going for a fantastic course really. Don't see your age as a barrier but a motivation Sir.
About whether the 15k tuition is worth it can be answered by you. In my opinion, due to the unmatched opportunities in your field, the tuition is worth it and I think it's even cheaper. Here is the deal, use the private Business School as a stepping stone into Germany.
While studying, you can extend your search to other Unis that offers same course with free tuition. You will find a ample of them. Don't be worried as your working experience with a convincing motivation letter will give you an Edge when you begin applying to other schools.
You won't pay the 15k once and if I'm right, that money is divided into semesters so you can pay for 1st semester once admitted, process your Visa, land in Germany and be on the lookout.
Regards

Alore:

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 12:32am On Mar 18, 2019
Did you just say "nonsense" course lol
Not every STEM course is in demand in Germany
I agree with you that Germans are instrested in your skills first doesn't mean only STEM graduates are skillful..so whatever it is you are going to study be good at it and learn GERMAN you would definitely land a job in 18months
Well Education years I think except PhD is counted as half year so a two years master + 18months job search permit=2.5years

Basalt:

Well, I get your point.
That's why we are advised not to go to Germany and do nonsense course in your masters.
Research well about your course before applying.
First of all, ask yourself
1. What relevant skills can this course give me
2. Is the skill needed in Germany enough to land me a job related to the course within 18 months?
Germany employ you base on your skills and what you can do. It's not like Nigeria, where you just get employed because your uncle is one of the CEO. Here experience and skills count. If you have none, the best you can get is just normal part time jobs.

Infact, if you are not going to Germany for any course related to STEM (Science Technology Engineering and mathematics) then you have a higher probability of not getting any job related to your course.

@Goztino, in answer to your question. German law states that once you legally stay upto 5years in Germany, you can apply for permanent residence.
So maybe after your Msc which is 2 years, plus your 18 month job hunt it will be 3.5 years, which means you need just 1.5 year more to apply for permanent residence, if at all, the worst happens and you couldn't get a job, then instead of coming back to this sh.thole country, you can simply enrol for your PhD and then during the process of your PhD, you can now apply for permanent residency or better still you impregnate or marry a German and within 3 years you get papers on your palm plus half casts as children

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Philfit(m): 2:58am On Mar 18, 2019
No school offers this course for free lol, it’s one of the best things to study in this gen, cause you get both IT, and the management aspect . I’d most likely apply for this after my first masters in Germany , by them small change go Dey my pocket.

Wonders7:
You are going for a fantastic course really. Don't see your age as a barrier but a motivation Sir.
About whether the 15k tuition is worth it can be answered by you. In my opinion, due to the unmatched opportunities in your field, the tuition is worth it and I think it's even cheaper. Here is the deal, use the private Business School as a stepping stone into Germany.
While studying, you can extend your search to other Unis that offers same course with free tuition. You will find a ample of them. Don't be worried as your working experience with a convincing motivation letter will give you an Edge when you begin applying to other schools.
You won't pay the 15k once and if I'm right, that money is divided into semesters so you can pay for 1st semester once admitted, process your Visa, land in Germany and be on the lookout.
Regards

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Horlaarsco: 3:08am On Mar 18, 2019
Alore:

How did you apply for Msc with your HND?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 3:24am On Mar 18, 2019
He has 10yrs working experience in IT...his experience + HND + tuition gave him the admission

Horlaarsco:

How did you apply for Msc with your HND?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ugwmsinachi(m): 4:51am On Mar 18, 2019
family i recieved my AM on the 15th of this month.
i thank God for his faithfulness
after three good months i did my interview on the 12th of december. my enrollement date passed which was on the 7th of this months but yet i got my AM.
we have a God who can do all things just believe in him and be strong.
to those who havent recieved believe it will surely come
thanks to all the infomations i recieved the help in one way or the other

18 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by talk2adeniyi051: 6:01am On Mar 18, 2019
sleekybabee1:
Happy Sunday wonderful people,

Please is anyone here applying for MSC. Mathematics?
I need names of schools that don't use uni-assist.

Again, as for letter of recommendation from professors, must it addressed to a particular school?

Thanks.
Uni wurzburg, chemnitz, Bonn, . The letter can be "To whom it may concern "
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Legacy666(f): 6:43am On Mar 18, 2019
@ bl33d, it is clearly stated 1st of May to 31st may for winter application on University of Trier website. I also contacted them via email and I got same response. Pls where did you see that application has started cos I don't want to taken unawares.

bl33d:
yes it is, but I made an enquiry so as to prepare my documents aforehand.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by danielsunky(m): 6:43am On Mar 18, 2019
3 months! Why did it take this long?
ugwmsinachi:
family i recieved my AM on the 15th of this month.
i thank God for his faithfulness
after three good months i did my interview on the 12th of december. my enrollement date passed which was on the 7th of this months but yet i got my AM.
we have a God who can do all things just believe in him and be strong.
to those who havent recieved believe it will surely come
thanks to all the infomations i recieved the help in one way or the other
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by aodiba(m): 7:06am On Mar 18, 2019
Fabcol:
I agree with you that Germans are instrested in your skills first doesn't mean only STEM graduates are skillful..so whatever it is you are going to study be good at it and learn GERMAN you would definitely land a job in 18months
Well Education years I think except PhD is counted as half year so a two years master + 18months job search permit=2.5years

God bless this Boss. I was about to respond to this. There is also the God factor. Germany might even be stepping stone to other countries.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Westahorf10(m): 7:39am On Mar 18, 2019
Do you mean its a waste of time for social science students to get a job there? Like accounting, business administration etc? Because you said " STEM (Science Technology Engineering and mathematics) then you have a higher probability of not getting any job related to your course".

Basalt:

Well, I get your point.
That's why we are advised not to go to Germany and do nonsense course in your masters.
Research well about your course before applying.
First of all, ask yourself
1. What relevant skills can this course give me
2. Is the skill needed in Germany enough to land me a job related to the course within 18 months?
Germany employ you base on your skills and what you can do. It's not like Nigeria, where you just get employed because your uncle is one of the CEO. Here experience and skills count. If you have none, the best you can get is just normal part time jobs.

Infact, if you are not going to Germany for any course related to STEM (Science Technology Engineering and mathematics) then you have a higher probability of not getting any job related to your course.

@Goztino, in answer to your question. German law states that once you legally stay upto 5years in Germany, you can apply for permanent residence.
So maybe after your Msc which is 2 years, plus your 18 month job hunt it will be 3.5 years, which means you need just 1.5 year more to apply for permanent residence, if at all, the worst happens and you couldn't get a job, then instead of coming back to this sh.thole country, you can simply enrol for your PhD and then during the process of your PhD, you can now apply for permanent residency or better still you impregnate or marry a German and within 3 years you get papers on your palm plus half casts as children
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ugwmsinachi(m): 7:55am On Mar 18, 2019
danielsunky:
3 months! Why did it take this long?

I submitted my SL late and the city of hannover follows a procedure to verify SL which i got to know from here and it takes time
I guess thats why
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Basalt(m): 8:10am On Mar 18, 2019
Fabcol:

My statement is quoted below

"infact, if you are not going to Germany for any course related to STEM (Science Technology Engineering and mathematics) then you have a higher probability of not getting any job related to your course" .

I didn't say you have no probability of getting jobs without STEM course. Germany is a technology country and your chances of getting job is higher if you read STEM courses. It doesn't mean if you didn't read a STEM course, you won't get job. But your chances are higher if you have skills majority of the companies need. Like IT skills, engineering, scientific skills etc.
Unless your aim of coming to Germany is to run away from Nigeria hardship, coming here to do Msc in humanities, sociology, enthroplogy and all these useless courses might not readily give you job relevant to your course which guarantees blue card to stay over there after your Msc, that's my point.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Basalt(m): 8:15am On Mar 18, 2019
Westahorf10:
Do you mean its a waste of time for social science students to get a job there? Like accounting, business administration etc? Because you said " STEM (Science Technology Engineering and mathematics) then you have a higher probability of not getting any job related to your course".

"infact, if you are not going to Germany for any course related to STEM (Science Technology Engineering and mathematics) then you have a higher probability of not getting any job related to your course" .

I didn't say you have no probability of getting jobs without STEM course. Germany is a technology country and your chances of getting job is higher if you read STEM courses. It doesn't mean if you didn't read a STEM course, you won't get job. But your chances are higher if you have skills majority of the companies need. Like IT skills, engineering, scientific skills etc.
Unless your aim of coming to Germany is to run away from Nigeria hardship, coming here to do Msc in humanities, sociology, enthroplogy and all these useless courses might not readily give you job relevant to your course which guarantees blue card to stay over there after your Msc, that's my point.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Olad7554: 8:26am On Mar 18, 2019
Alore:

I also got an admission for an MBA in management of IT , paid the first semester fee , total is about €28k, to finish the course
What school did you apply to?
I’m not sure you can find any thing cheaper
PM me and let’s link up so we’ll go to DE and succeed , it’s a good step forward bro
Still Waiting on my AM

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Larrylrkay(m): 8:43am On Mar 18, 2019
Basalt:

For someone like me who is an Art student. My B.A was in English and Literary studies while my chosen M.A is in Aglophone study. Major in "Aglophone Literature, Cultural and Media studies" and Minor in "English Lingustics". I do not have any skill in IT, though am willing to learn one if I can actually grab it. I also plan to learn German before the 2years end.

What other things do you think I can do to improve my chances to get PR after my program.

I was also thinking of switching my studying course to "Hospitality and hotel Management" if that would enable me land a job in my field. Cuz am sure DE is a destination for tourists around the world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.