Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,863 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (594826 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Philfit(m): 2:30pm On Mar 17, 2019
Please elders in the house or anyone who has applied and gotten several admissions, I need a good Cv format I can follow, I tried googling europass but it’s a bit confusing using that format, if anyone can send me an example that worked for them and I can edit to my email I’d be most grateful. Here’s my email philballer69@gmail.com
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bl33d(m): 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2019
Magma012:
Have trier university started taking for admission? Was thinking is 1st of may.
Going for masters
yes it is, but I made an enquiry so as to prepare my documents aforehand.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Wonders7: 3:02pm On Mar 17, 2019
Depending on how strict your school is, it's best you get a recommendation letter directed to the school, don't just get a generic one. My opinion

sleekybabee1:
Happy Sunday wonderful people,

Please is anyone here applying for MSC. Mathematics?
I need names of schools that don't use uni-assist.

Again, as for letter of recommendation from professors, must it addressed to a particular school?

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Wonders7: 3:05pm On Mar 17, 2019
Make your research well, you will get.
Google sites like spotahome, housinganywhere, WG, Immoscout24 etc. You will get something from there.

Godsgracee:
Good morning house, I was recently offered admission for summer semester at TUM, Munich. I’ve been unable to secure accommodation after my admission and enrollment. I would appreciate if someone on this platform can help me out on this. Thanks for your anticipated understanding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Wonders7: 3:16pm On Mar 17, 2019
Your questions plenty o and it's also obvious you've not been following up with past pages and parts.
1)your BSC must have a connection with your MSC. It doesn't have to be completely the same but there must be a link.
2) some schools has started application for winter already. Go to daad.de and search for your course of choice. Get a jotter, write each school and course down, more importantly write the requirements of each course alongside. Don't assume, if there is something unclear, mail the school. They will respond.
3) submitting your WAEC is dependent on the requirements of your school. Either way, you will need it. Your grade seems low but don't be discouraged. You can still get admission by applying to more schools and ensure you have a very convincing Motivation letter.
4) you can submit Letter of English proficiency if your school accepts it but if your IELTS certificate is less than 2 years and your score matches that of the school requires, go ahead and submit that.

Regards

arro:
Happy Sunday fellows, please must my bSC be related to my MSC in Germany university, please when I can I start admission for winter 2019?, can I submit my wes result with my bsc on my bsc I have 2.61 and when wes did the evaluation on the transcript send direct from my school , it was evaluated to 2.91, can I submit proficiency in English language as a medium of instruction instead of ielts?
Thansk
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Wonders7: 3:21pm On Mar 17, 2019
Boss! It's also obvious you are not well informed. If you are outstanding, meaning you have skills in demand; jobs full ground.
You are only worried if one doesn't know what he wants.

This isn't a problem, it's a step by step process. Cross this bridge first and see what lies at the other side. However, don't burn your bridges biko if you know what I mean. grin

Goztino:
Now, I have a mighty question which I think might be bothering some other people here.

From the information I gathered about Msc in Germany, you are given 18 months to look for jobs related to your field before you will be given permission to stay permanently in the country after your Msc

And from the information I gathered, special preference is given to EU and German nationals to the extent that before you can get a job, there must be a proof from the company that no German or EU national is available to take up the job offering.

Now I want to ask, for someone who doesnt dream of coming back to Nigeria after Msc due to pathetic unemployment rate in Nigeria, how can he stay back legally after Msc in Germany if he is unable to secure a job related to his discipline within that 18 months?

I am thinking ahead because I am the one sponsoring myself and I plan selling off my business to invest in Msc in Germany so I see my Msc more as an investment hoping to get higher return (ego, owo, kudi) after completion and not come back to Nigeria to look for almost inexistent vacancies because age is not by my side to waste since I will be 29 this year

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Wonders7: 3:27pm On Mar 17, 2019
There is nothing confusing here
https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/editors/en/cv/compose bro. Regardless of europass wahala, from my experience, these people are not concerned about the format. They are after if your CV can display your personal information, academic history and work experience. Those are the 3 important parts. If you have these sorted on your CV, brother, apply dey go biko

Philfit:
Please elders in the house or anyone who has applied and gotten several admissions, I need a good Cv format I can follow, I tried googling europass but it’s a bit confusing using that format, if anyone can send me an example that worked for them and I can edit to my email I’d be most grateful. Here’s my email philballer69@gmail.com

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by sleekybabee1(f): 4:02pm On Mar 17, 2019
Aerofly76:

Saarland Uni,
Julius Maximilian Uni
If you find more, please I'm interested too. Reach me. Thx

Thanks so much... I just did a quick check on them, super cool.

As for Saarland, the column for English proficiency can be left out since I have non right?

JUM emphasized so much on SOP, with a long description of how they want it. To be frank I don't even know how to go about this. Can you help?

Someone mentioned University of Göttingen, check it out.

I came across TU Kaiserslautern.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by lecksam(m): 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2019
I can assure that Saarland would give you admission.. the admission to the department is non restricted.. just get your document ready and complete then fire on.. sky is your starting point..

sleekybabee1:

As for Saarland, the column for English proficiency can be left out since I have non right?

JUM emphasized so much on SOP, with a long description of how they want it. To be frank I don't even know how to go about this. Can you help?

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 4:22pm On Mar 17, 2019
Wonders7:
There is nothing confusing here
https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/editors/en/cv/compose bro. Regardless of europass wahala, from my experience, these people are not concerned about the format. They are after if your CV can display your personal information, academic history and work experience. Those are the 3 important parts. If you have these sorted on your CV, brother, apply dey go biko

In academic history, is putting "just the university " one attended cool? Or do one need to include the primary and secondary school.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by sleekybabee1(f): 4:44pm On Mar 17, 2019
lecksam:
I can assure that Saarland would give you admission.. the admission to the department is non restricted.. just get your document ready and complete then fire on.. sky is your starting point..

Thanks for your positive words. God bless

Just to be sure, what's our zip code/postal code?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Aerofly76: 4:46pm On Mar 17, 2019
sleekybabee1:

Yeah both requested SOP.
I tried checking Gottingen. I'll read it up though looks like there's a German language requirement hidden somewhere there. But will read it up more and see what they require.
SOP, no worries
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Wonders7: 4:51pm On Mar 17, 2019
All your schools bro

DemigodZeus147:

In academic history, is putting "just the university " one attended cool? Or do one need to include the primary and secondary school.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ndkings1(m): 5:15pm On Mar 17, 2019
Bethiano:
You have asked a very honest question. This shows you have a good heart and that you are a reasonable person.

When you are offered admission and have made your choice of school;
1. Immediately , reply to the other schools with a rejection notification. Be polite and give a brief reason for declining their offer e.g" that you regret to let them know, you have accepted an offer else where"

You could also let them know you would consider future learning opportunities with them.
Who knows, you may want to transfer to their school, in that your preferred school did not meet your expectations, so it's wise to path amicably.

Please be very polite when you write them.

2. Remember it took time, energy and resources to review your application, ignoring the university and the faculty who laboured thus; is not a good idea.

3. Imagine this habit is perculiar to Nigerians, what do you think will happen to other applications from later years they receive from Nigeria.

The regard given to Nigerian degrees that many of you enjoy today are traceable to the good conduct and performance of the people ahead.
Please don't mess things up.

4. When you let go of that space, they may consider someone else. sometimes depending on the school, the circumstances, and relation with the admissions unit , you could subtly suggest that your spot be offered to another willing candidate from your country or subsaharan Africa. It goes a long way to reinforce your claims in your motivational letter.

5. If you have made your choice of institution, respectfully and promptly reply to the other schools that you will not be joining them anymore.

6. Remember human beings are behind those computers responding to your emails and questions, they have emotions too, they feel bad when you don't show up after all their back and forth emails with you.

I know you will say it's their job, yes I agree, but everyone deserves to be treated with respect and value.

I advice people to read previous posts and earlier parts (1-5), I have seen a couple of lazy questions.

Regards

Rainy season is here, harmattan is coming...lolz

Thanks Bethiano

When I asked this question, I was lambasted by some fellows not knowing I have my reasons for asking.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Jeschi101: 5:16pm On Mar 17, 2019
thekachi:
Hello guys. PLEASE I have an appointment for certifications tomorrow and I’m sort of confused about the application form required to be signed and filled, will it be issued at the consulate or I’m missing something?
The application form means the form you filled for the school you are applying to. I don't know if you have to submit a form for every set you want to certify. I asked that question here and nobody gave me an answer and I was thoroughly embarrassed by Oga Paulinus.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 5:20pm On Mar 17, 2019
Wonders7:
Boss! It's also obvious you are not well informed. If you are outstanding, meaning you have skills in demand; jobs full ground.
You are only worried if one doesn't know what he wants.

This isn't a problem, it's a step by step process. Cross this bridge first and see what lies at the other side. However, don't burn your bridges biko if you know what I mean. grin

You seem not to understand my question at all.
Its not all about jobs fulling ground, I am not talking about part time jobs which every dick und Harry can easily get.
I am talking about jobs related to your course that can guarantee you blue card to extend your stay in Germany. Getting part time job is one thing, getting a full-time job related to your field is another.
The fact is that not everyone will get a job after Msc.

My question is simple. We are not praying not to get job after graduation but if it comes to the worst that one is unable to get a job related to his course within the given 18 months , what are other options he can use to remain in Germany?
Because to me, returning to Nigeria after Msc is not an option.
I plan to stay in Germany, work, earn lots of euros before returning back if I must return
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Aerofly76: 5:32pm On Mar 17, 2019
@Goztino
Smiles. I understand your point. Trust me, no where in the world is a job 100% guaranteed. No where in the world.
You just take your chances. We all take decisions and live with its consequences. We do what we can bro and leave the rest.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kenechill: 5:48pm On Mar 17, 2019
Trier university - environmental science

Kiel University - Dairy science or Agrigenomics

University of gottingen - Plant and animal breeding or Tropical and international forestry

TU Munich - Horticultural science or Sustainable resource management or management and technology

University of Bremen - Ecology

Ludwig Maximilian University Munich - Ecology of epidemiology or plant science

University of Bonn - Medical immunoscience and infection

FSU Jena - ecology

IHI Zittau - Ecosystem services

TH KOELN - natural resources management

ULM - Biology

Bayreuth - global change ecology

JMU Wurzburg - ecology

Rhine waal Uni - Biological resources

GOOD LUCK

Pecky2222:
Okay...so I think I've exhausted my options in skuls to apply to..who else is applying for MSC under life sciences, biology or agriculture... Pls tell me the skuls and courses u are applying to....I have 6 or so on my list..I nid more....preferably non restricted courses
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Jackto365: 5:55pm On Mar 17, 2019
Has anyone sat for the University of Bremen master program molecular biology and Biochemistry aptitude test before?

I need all the info I can get
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by clintonsparkz(m): 6:25pm On Mar 17, 2019
university of Bremen will be setting exam, are they d only school, let me stroke it off my list, TUM geophysics will replace it. Lol if u know any related to environmental geology courses or geoscience ... apart from Kiel marine geoscience, Aachen, dasmstardt, greifwald, Freiberg. pls no paleobiology, won't offer that course even if na scholarship lol.

pls let me know (tuition free)...all the Geo guys!!!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Basalt(m): 6:41pm On Mar 17, 2019
Goztino:

You seem not to understand my question at all.
Its not all about jobs fulling ground, I am not talking about part time jobs which every dick und Harry can easily get.
I am talking about jobs related to your course that can guarantee you blue card to extend your stay in Germany. Getting part time job is one thing, getting a full-time job related to your field is another.
The fact is that not everyone will get a job after Msc.

My question is simple. We are not praying not to get job after graduation but if it comes to the worst that one is unable to get a job related to his course within the given 18 months , what are other options he can use to remain in Germany?
Because to me, returning to Nigeria after Msc is not an option.
I plan to stay in Germany, work, earn lots of euros before returning back if I must return

Well, I get your point.
That's why we are advised not to go to Germany and do nonsense course in your masters.
Research well about your course before applying.
First of all, ask yourself
1. What relevant skills can this course give me
2. Is the skill needed in Germany enough to land me a job related to the course within 18 months?
Germany employ you base on your skills and what you can do. It's not like Nigeria, where you just get employed because your uncle is one of the CEO. Here experience and skills count. If you have none, the best you can get is just normal part time jobs.

Infact, if you are not going to Germany for any course related to STEM (Science Technology Engineering and mathematics) then you have a higher probability of not getting any job related to your course.

@Goztino, in answer to your question. German law states that once you legally stay upto 5years in Germany, you can apply for permanent residence.
So maybe after your Msc which is 2 years, plus your 18 month job hunt it will be 3.5 years, which means you need just 1.5 year more to apply for permanent residence, if at all, the worst happens and you couldn't get a job, then instead of coming back to this sh.thole country, you can simply enrol for your PhD and then during the process of your PhD, you can now apply for permanent residency or better still you impregnate or marry a German and within 3 years you get papers on your palm plus half casts as children

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Champion100(f): 6:48pm On Mar 17, 2019
Kenechill:
Trier university - environmental science

Kiel University - Dairy science or Agrigenomics

University of gottingen - Plant and animal breeding or Tropical and international forestry

TU Munich - Horticultural science or Sustainable resource management or management and technology

University of Bremen - Ecology

Ludwig Maximilian University Munich - Ecology of epidemiology or plant science

University of Bonn - Medical immunoscience and infection

FSU Jena - ecology

IHI Zittau - Ecosystem services

TH KOELN - natural resources management

ULM - Biology

Bayreuth - global change ecology

JMU Wurzburg - ecology

Rhine waal Uni - Biological resources

GOOD LUCK

Can we see something like this for BSc? Lol

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Champion100(f): 7:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
Basalt:

Well, I get your point.
That's why we are advised not to go to Germany and do nonsense course in your masters.
Research well about your course before applying.
First of all, ask yourself
1. What relevant skills can this course give me
2. Is the skill needed in Germany enough to land me a job related to the course within 18 months?
Germany employ you base on your skills and what you can do. It's not like Nigeria, where you just get employed because your uncle is one of the CEO. Here experience and skills count. If you have none, the best you can get is just normal part time jobs.

Infact, if you are not going to Germany for any course related to STEM (Science Technology Engineering and mathematics) then you have a higher probability of not getting any job related to your course.

@Goztino, in answer to your question. German law states that once you legally stay upto 5years in Germany, you can apply for permanent residence.
So maybe after your Msc which is 2 years, plus your 18 month job hunt it will be 3.5 years, which means you need just 1.5 year more to apply for permanent residence, if at all, the worst happens and you couldn't get a job, then instead of coming back to this sh.thole country, you can simply enrol for your PhD and then during the process of your PhD, you can now apply for permanent residency or better still you impregnate or marry a German and within 3 years you get papers on your palm plus half casts as children

The end part of the story caught me... Hahahahha...
Pastors like us won't do well with these white babes ooo coz eh be like say that having s** with them is the only proof of love they understand?

My pipo my pipo! Can someone date a whitey there without touching body (***) and still get what en want? grin grin grin grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Basalt(m): 7:10pm On Mar 17, 2019
Champion100:

The end part of the story caught me... Hahahahha...
Pastors like us won't do well with these white babes ooo coz eh be like say that having s** with them is the only proof of love they understand?

My pipo my pipo! Can someone date a whitey there without touching body (***) and still get what en want? grin grin grin grin

Dating does not give papers, marriage or having a baby does. The last time I checked, there is no baby without sex.
In all your thinking after leaving Nigeria, let it be about how to stay back after your studies.
Don't even think that with your German certificate, companies in Nigeria will be rushing, lol.
Here there are too many graduates and nepotism has scattered our employment sector.
All your energy should be channelled on how to stay back in Germany after your education

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by henriq2: 7:14pm On Mar 17, 2019
heybaby12:

Nipost is generally not reliable , my friend sent me some needed documents. I didn't need them early so I told her to send via Nipost since January. Up till now no sign of it. It's so sad

If only people will do things right and understand the process well. Since 2017 till now, me and my friends use Nipost and non didn't deliver. Even when we used to spend only 350 - 400 before they increased the price, non have exceeded three weeks. Sometimes it delivers in less than ten days if you are sending from their MM airport. Albeit, people do experience such - once in a while and that's why I said two months. If it didn't deliver in 4 weeks you resend it.

I'm just trying to help those of you that will send multiple documents.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Stophie1000: 7:46pm On Mar 17, 2019
Please Who Know whether MLU can accept a proof of English proficiency tendered from a federal school in Nigeria like UNN. Or must it be An IELTs or TOEFL. And what of OVON. Please someone should guide a brother thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Aque(m): 7:53pm On Mar 17, 2019
Goztino:

“...if I must return” grin

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by zuperyh8: 8:02pm On Mar 17, 2019
Please anyone traveling to Deutschland this week? I need help posting a document. Please PM me. Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.