Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (594396 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 8:34am On Mar 19, 2019
D5000y:
Hi All,

I got a mail from DAAD Scholarship committee that I should submit an admission letter of a German University for winter 2019/20. Please, who knows much about this DAAD scholarship? Does that mean that I have been considered for the scholarship and does anyone knows any German University that issues admission letter within the shortest possible time?

Course of study: MSc Geosciences

cc: Deustchemann

Thank you
Good morning bro,
From what I can deduce from your post, you haven't been granted admission yet. Did DAAD give you a deadline to submit your admission letter? If No, mail them to ask if there's a deadline. If they gave you a deadline, I guess your best bet is to inform them that you've applied to schools and you're still awaiting admission letter.

Dailydolar
Ahmed4002
Heybaby12
Fabcol

Check this out pls

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 8:35am On Mar 19, 2019
Chriswazo:

It went well. I'm interested in doing that but people here aren't helping. I can't really take note of the whole testifiers, if they had tagged me like I suggested, it would have been easier. Some don't add the name of their school and program, so I am expected to always question them about it and is not easy for me
My plan was to help people coming after to always reference part 6 to have contact for the school and program d want.
Anyway, I haven't given up, I know is just about 3 people that I have not added.

#Winteriscoming bro

You're right bro. Just put down the ones that put their school details. As Eldee said, it will make things easier for the next batch of applicants. And yes, you have about 3 people that have not been added.
Las las, we'll be fine.
#winteriscoming smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 19, 2019
Deustchemann:

Good morning bro,
From what I can deduce from your post, you haven't been granted admission yet. Did DAAD give you a deadline to submit your admission letter? If No, mail them to ask if there's a deadline. If they gave you a deadline, I guess your best bet is to inform them that you've applied to schools and you're still awaiting admission letter.

Dailydolar
Ahmed4002
Heybaby12
Fabcol

Check this out pls
Thank you very much. I really appreciate. Yes, I haven't been granted admission yet. But does the email implies I am being considered for the scholarship?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Immafrank: 8:53am On Mar 19, 2019
Mystique20:
Hi everyone!

So I stumbled upon this site late last year and it's been AMAZING, I've laughed, dragged people, been dragged, learned a lot and contributed the little I know, made really great friends who I'd love to have forever. On here I made friends who helped me every step of the way, whenever I had issues (I MEAN SOMEONE I'VE NEVER MET HELPED ME GET AN INTERVIEW DATE) and to all of them I say thank you, it's been wonderful meeting you all.

Now that I'm done speaking English and making sure my degree fees have been well spent, here's my time-line :
Interview date: 11th February
AM: 12th March (7:24 am) I spilled my tea!
Sent passport and insurance : 14th March.

Hoping to get all back next week, all the best to everyone expecting a response.

@kingucc
@immafrank (detailed and composed responses always)
@fabcol (my panla fish)
@bukolaakin
Cc eldee
Heybaby

Oooooooooosheey!!!
Congrats!!!!!!
Wishing you the very best in your future

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Immafrank: 9:07am On Mar 19, 2019
ugwmsinachi:
family i recieved my AM on the 15th of this month.
i thank God for his faithfulness
after three good months i did my interview on the 12th of december. my enrollement date passed which was on the 7th of this months but yet i got my AM.
we have a God who can do all things just believe in him and be strong.
to those who havent recieved believe it will surely come
thanks to all the infomations i recieved the help in one way or the other

God dey your matter cause its almost impossible for visa applicants to receive A.M after enrolment deadline have passed or maybe some test date except maybe you got an extension or proof of admittance for the following winter.
congrats man.
you suppose buy me 2 origin sha
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Glowing1: 9:16am On Mar 19, 2019
Pls who applied to university of hamburg and has gotten vpd from uniassit, pls help out. I just got my vpd from uniassit, but I can't register d STiNE, I will appreciate if any help, deadline is 31st of this month. Pls all
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 9:16am On Mar 19, 2019
D5000y:
Thank you very much. I really appreciate. Yes, I haven't been granted admission yet. But does the email implies I am being considered for the scholarship?
For them to have requested for an admission letter from you, it's possible you're being considered.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by modupejay: 10:11am On Mar 19, 2019
Hey guys....

I urgently need affordable accomodation in Berlin. Any suggestions??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by OMOZ1(m): 10:16am On Mar 19, 2019
Glowing1:
Pls who applied to university of hamburg and has gotten vpd from uniassit, pls help out. I just got my vpd from uniassit, but I can't register d STiNE, I will appreciate if any help, deadline is 31st of this month. Pls all

Please when do you send documents to Uni assist, are they acknowledged it, I'm also want to apply to UHH but waiting for VPD. Though I have registered through StiNe but not submitted yet.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 19, 2019
Deustchemann:

For them to have requested for an admission letter from you, it's possible you're being considered.
okay, thank you. I have sent them an email as you suggested.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 10:28am On Mar 19, 2019
Its means an admission letter is what is needed to make a decision on your application.. Obviously it would be a positive one

Do as Deustchemann advised

And start throwing application to schools ASAP
Check previous pages I think someone dropped list of schools doing Geoscience

D5000y:
Hi All,

I got a mail from DAAD Scholarship committee that I should submit an admission letter of a German University for winter 2019/20. Please, who knows much about this DAAD scholarship? Does that mean that I have been considered for the scholarship and does anyone knows any German University that issues admission letter within the shortest possible time?

Course of study: MSc Geosciences

cc: Deustchemann

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by hadassaheke(f): 10:33am On Mar 19, 2019
Goztino:

Haba. Start another master program?
PhD will be preferable.
You don't keep on rotating in one angle. You enter the next level.

Moreover, I am learning Deutsch with Duolingo and its really amazing.
Once I come here, I will channel over 60 percent of my energy to learning Deutsch and before I finish my MSc, I will be very fluent in it.
Another aspect is to work really hard academically and be among the best graduates with very high GP.
So that your GP coupled with your fluency in Deutsch will make you move mountain and even attract white Germans towards you for impregnation
You asked for options and I gave them or didn't you see where I also mentioned a PhD?

Lol. Learning Deutsch on Duolingo and feeling good about it, is different from reality my brother. I guess you'll understand better when you're here.

It's good to channel 60 percent of your time for learning Deustch, but what about your academics and work?

Getting a good grade requires hard work and it also depends on your foundatation.
The education system here isn't like that of the US or UK. When they say that you need a certain number of hours of study inorder to pass, then you definitely should spend that number of hours.

As for your grades attracting Germans for "impregnantion", when you get here you'll know and understand better.

Getting a good grade is important, but knowing and being able to defend and relate whatever it is you're studying with real life scenarios, is much more important and rewarding.

Finally, a good number of things sound very easy and nice on paper, but in reality, it isn't all white and black and nope, I'm not being a pessimist.

All the best in your endeavours!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Uchesis: 10:38am On Mar 19, 2019
rotmy:

Can you mention some of them please.
Watsup Rotmy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by iPOD007(m): 10:52am On Mar 19, 2019
Ndkings1:

How much was deducted in all

Was the account current or savings?

N80K total for 195 Euros.

Current account. Visa Card
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by iPOD007(m): 10:54am On Mar 19, 2019
Aque:

Hey chief, has Uniassist confirmed they received payment?

Immediately, it shows that the courses have been paid for. YES is shown on the paid section for each course. Still awaiting any extrapayment confirmation.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 19, 2019
Fabcol:
Its means an admission letter is what is needed to make a decision on your application.. Obviously it would be a positive one

Do as Deustchemann advised

And start throwing application to schools ASAP
Check previous pages I think someone dropped list of schools doing Geoscience

Thank you very much.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MissNK: 11:06am On Mar 19, 2019
[quote author=Harrycul post=76778746]Hi everyone,

I need your advice. Since Friday last week (15th March, 2019), I sent an email to The German embassy in Lagos with regards to applying for a student visa appointment as instructed on there website.

As expected, I wrote my full names and residential address in the body of the email and attached;

1. The Data page of my int'l passport
2. My University Admission Letter (Kiel University- Summer Semester 2019- Masters in Quantitative Finance

Please what was your BSc course? I plan on applying for same this winter.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MissNK: 11:08am On Mar 19, 2019
D5000y:
okay, thank you. I have sent them an email as you suggested.

Pls how and when did you apply, I got an admission for winter that requires tuition and I’m badly in need of a scholarship.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ploff: 11:23am On Mar 19, 2019
Please I have a question.

Most of the German schools require that your transcripts be certified and sent to them via uniassist.

My question is this. My school only sends transcripts to institutions or organizations. How do I now do this?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Godsgracee: 11:28am On Mar 19, 2019
This message is to those that need clarification or information regarding TUM admission and enrollment procedures; kindly ask your questions here for the house to benefit from instead of sending me private messages and requesting for my personal information.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 11:33am On Mar 19, 2019
Daad Scholarship for winter would v closed by now

MissNK:

Pls how and when did you apply, I got an admission for winter that requires tuition and I’m badly in need of a scholarship.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by gentyholar: 11:43am On Mar 19, 2019
ploff:
Please I have a question.

Most of the German schools require that your transcripts be certified and sent to them via uniassist.

My question is this. My school only sends transcripts to institutions or organizations. How do I now do this?

Look for an organization close to you that you know someone there or a friend or relation. Use the name of the organization and in care of that person and your school is going to send it there.

All you need to do is inform your contact at the organization ahead.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 19, 2019
MissNK:

Oh congrats! At least one is out of it. I applied online few months back. I will advise you visit their website for more information. You can also reach out to the school for any possible assistantship .
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by djlaqua91(m): 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hello guys,

How long does uni-assist take to start processing document. I sent my docs weeks ago and got confirmation it was in Germany by last week Thursday, but have had no word from uni-assist if they've received it or not

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ahmed4002(m): 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2019
D5000y:

If you are considered for the scholarship. At least you would get a congratulatory Letter on the DAAD portal. That you have been selected.

With the letter , even admission is closed in some schools around Germany. You can send an e-mail directly to the School examination office and you could get admission even its after Deadline.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Aque(m): 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2019
iPOD007:

Immediately, it shows that the courses have been paid for. YES is shown on the paid section for each course. Still awaiting any extrapayment confirmation.
Awesome! Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by iblion: 12:46pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hi Guys. Who is around Kwara/Osun and wants to send his or her documents to uniassist. Please DM let’s send together Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 19, 2019
Ahmed4002:

If you are considered for the scholarship. At least you would get a congratulatory Letter on the DAAD portal. That you have been selected.

With the letter , even admission is closed in some schools around Germany. You can send an e-mail directly to the School examination office and you could get admission even its after Deadline.

Ok, thank you very much. Yeah, you are right. If I have a letter, admission would be pretty much easy. I sent a mail to know if there's a deadline for submission of admission letter and she said August 2019 for winter 2019 and February 2020 for summer semester 2020. I have started applying to some schools now.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dukeokafor(m): 12:53pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hey guys I'm stuck somewhere o

I was born after 1992. And I have a birth certificate from the then Local Government I was born in. Is it enough to take to German embassy for interview?

Moreso I went to National Population Commission and they said I can only receive ATTESTATION of birth and not BIRTH CERTIFICATE because I'm above 18 for #8500.

How true is this?

Can I use my old local government birth certificate or do the attestation thing.

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by danielsunky(m): 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2019
Please who had his/her visa interview on the 18th of February and AM is yet to show?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ahmed4002(m): 12:59pm On Mar 19, 2019
D5000y:
Ok, thank you very much. Yeah, you are right. If I have a letter, admission would be pretty much easy. I sent a mail to know if there's a deadline for submission of admission letter and she said August 2019 for winter 2019 and February 2020 for summer semester 2020. I have started applying to some schools now.

Kindly request for the congratulatory letter from the selection commitee. it would be pretty much easier to get admission, as all FEES from uni assist would be waived, and you could get the admission fast.

did same thing last year

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.