Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,658 members, 7,955,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:04 AM

‘I May Not Have Another Voting Chance’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I May Not Have Another Voting Chance’ (410 Views)

Dapo Abiodun: I May End Up In Pulpit After 8 Years As Governor / I May Lose My Leg - Maina Begs Court For Bail / Police Brutality: I May Resign From Lagos Judicial Panel – Adegboruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I May Not Have Another Voting Chance’ by duwdu: 8:27am On Feb 24, 2019
‘I may not have another voting chance’

By Maryam Ahmadu Suka Mohammed Yaba, Hassan Ibrahim, Kaduna | Published Date Feb 24, 2019 4:04 AM

Eighty two-year-old Aisha Muhammad, who voted at the Unguwan Muazu, told Daily Trust on Sunday that she was voting because she was not sure she would have another chance.

She said, “I am happy to vote for my president, and Insha-Allah, he will win the election. I don’t know if I would witness another voting chance alive, but I am happy to vote my preferred candidate.”

Alhaji Ali Sarkin Mota, a 96-year- old personal driver to the late Premier of Northern Nigeria and Sardauna of Sokoto, Sir Ahmadu Bello, said he participated in the election to vote for candidates of his choice.

The elderly man, who was sighted on queue waiting patiently to vote at his pulling unit, located at Marnona Road GRA, Unguwar Sarki, Kaduna, urged Nigerian electorates to cast their votes in a peaceful manner, particularly  the youth.

“I’m here to vote like any other person in this country. I want our people to vote for candidates of their choice as citizens of this country, and that is why I’m here,” he said.

Asked if he could remember the number of times he has voted, he said: “I can’t remember the actual number of times I have voted.”

Yakubu Ibrahim, a first time voter at polling unit 041, Kawo, described his first experience as exciting, saying,  “Voting is now part of my life.

“I used to envy my elder sisters anytime our father took them out to  vote during elections.  I am happy that I have come of age and able to vote like every other citizen in the country.

“The process was quite orderly, unlike stories I used to hear from them about how they stayed  at the polling units for hours before being able to vote.  We went to the polling unit very early and were given numbers. And immediately the officials came around 9am, we were accredited and we voted.”

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/i-may-not-have-another-voting-chance.html

P34c3
Re: ‘I May Not Have Another Voting Chance’ by somadinho10: 8:30am On Feb 24, 2019
When you hear the result MA please don't die of shock
Re: ‘I May Not Have Another Voting Chance’ by Histrings08(m): 8:33am On Feb 24, 2019
You're a patriot... God preserve ur life
Re: ‘I May Not Have Another Voting Chance’ by nittroboy(m): 8:36am On Feb 24, 2019
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Senatorial Poll: Dankwambo Loses, Amosun Wins, Ajimobi Struggling / Election Results: Buhari Beats Atiku In Yobe. Polls 497,914 Votes To 50,763 / What Happened To Olawepo-hashim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.