Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

2019: Real Reasons Why There Was No Election Violence In The North - Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Real Reasons Why There Was No Election Violence In The North - Opinion (1332 Views)

See Why Peter Obi Is Not Really Focusing Campaign In Core North (opinion) / Fears Of The North (opinion) / Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Real Reasons Why There Was No Election Violence In The North - Opinion by Mitjyland(m): 12:17pm On Feb 24, 2019
First of all I'm a core northerner and I'm here to let everyone know the truth about politics in the north. So I don't care if anyone has different opinion to mine (you are entitled to your own opinions) and I'm not afraid of anyone, hence will only call a spade, spade.

So many questions have been raised as to why there was no single cases of violence across the north in yesterday's Presidential election as it once used to. However, it may interest you to know that even in 2015 elections where Buhari had an edge there was no such cases of violence contrary to 2011 when GEJ was winning. In 2011, the north has witnessed unprecedented violence in Nigeria's politics where the northern Christians are being MOSTLY the target - people being killed, so many churches got burnt; PDD offices got burnt across the north, etc for reasons that northern Christians didn't vote for Buhari in 2011 (that's plain fact).

However, in today's Nigeria's politics the North is experiencing a friendly atmosphere due to reasons below:

1. RESULTS ARE FAVOURING BUHARI.

You may not agree with me, but one of the main reason why there is peaceful atmosphere as at now across the north is that election results are in favour of PMB. Should the dice turn the other way round, any moment from now you would begin to hear stories that touches the heart across the north.

2. IT'S THE NORTH VS NORTH THING

I was just shaking my head yesterday hearing about the fighting and killings in Lagos, Rivers, and some parts of the SS/SE/SW. In the north, this might not happen because its arguably a gain-gain situation.

3. SHOULD ATIKU BE DECLARED WINNER(IT'S VERY DIFFICULT ANYWAY) THE NORTH WILL BURNS

Another fact is if peradventure Atiku will be declared the winner of the 2019 Presidential election, the north may likely witnessed the 2011 scenarios (God forbid anyway). Our people are so obsessed with Buhari that even with little provocative words against him some set of people will fight you to their death. This brainwashing that he is the only Mr. Integrity in Nigeria has overshadowed the thinking of even the northern educated ones.

4. THE NORTH WILL SUPPORT ATIKU COMES 2023 IF HE'S THE ONLY NORTHERNER CONTESTING

This may sound ridiculous but its the fact, and those who think the North will easily hand power to the Yoruba's come 2023 are real jokers. The simple reason is people in the north didn't care about your performance as a President, as long as they will remain in power they will come in mass to vote for you irrespective of your performance. FACTS.

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING.......PEACE IS EVERYTHING.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Real Reasons Why There Was No Election Violence In The North - Opinion by dodoniyi: 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2019
Re: 2019: Real Reasons Why There Was No Election Violence In The North - Opinion by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2019
kinda believe you to some extent shaa

1 Like

Re: 2019: Real Reasons Why There Was No Election Violence In The North - Opinion by Patobanton: 12:29pm On Feb 24, 2019
Hmmmmmmm
Re: 2019: Real Reasons Why There Was No Election Violence In The North - Opinion by Ecstasy9(m): 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2019
100% facts
Re: 2019: Real Reasons Why There Was No Election Violence In The North - Opinion by helinues: 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2019
Nice points but I disagree with number 4
Re: 2019: Real Reasons Why There Was No Election Violence In The North - Opinion by bedspread: 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2019
[s]
Mitjyland:
First of all I'm a core northerner and I'm here to let everyone know the truth about politics in the north. So I don't care if anyone has different opinion to mine (you are entitled to your own opinions) and I'm not afraid of anyone, hence will only call a spade, spade.

So many questions have been raised as to why there was no single cases of violence across the north in yesterday's Presidential election as it once used to. However, it may interest you to know that even in 2015 elections where Buhari had an edge there was no such cases of violence contrary to 2011 when GEJ was winning. In 2011, the north has witnessed unprecedented violence in Nigeria's politics where the northern Christians are being MOSTLY the target - people being killed, so many churches got burnt; PDD offices got burnt across the north, etc for reasons that northern Christians didn't vote for Buhari in 2011 (that's plain fact).

However, in today's Nigeria's politics the North is experiencing a friendly atmosphere due to reasons below:

1. RESULTS ARE FAVOURING BUHARI.

You may not agree with me, but one of the main reason why there is peaceful atmosphere as at now across the north is that election results are in favour of PMB. Should the dice turn the other way round, any moment from now you would begin to hear stories that touches the heart across the north.

2. IT'S THE NORTH VS NORTH THING

I was just shaking my head yesterday hearing about the fighting and killings in Lagos, Rivers, and some parts of the SS/SE/SW. In the north, this might not happen because its arguably a gain-gain situation.

3. SHOULD ATIKU BE DECLARED WINNER(IT'S VERY DIFFICULT ANYWAY) THE NORTH WILL BURNS

Another fact is if peradventure Atiku will be declared the winner of the 2019 Presidential election, the north may likely witnessed the 2011 scenarios (God forbid anyway). Our people are so obsessed with Buhari that even with little provocative words against him some set of people will fight you to their death. This brainwashing that he is the only Mr. Integrity in Nigeria has overshadowed the thinking of even the northern educated ones.

4. THE NORTH WILL SUPPORT ATIKU COMES 2023 IF HE'S THE ONLY NORTHERNER CONTESTING

This may sound ridiculous but its the fact, and those who think the North will easily hand power to the Yoruba's come 2023 are real jokers. The simple reason is people in the north didn't care about your performance as a President, as long as they will remain in power they will come in mass to vote for you irrespective of your performance. FACTS.

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING.......PEACE IS EVERYTHING.
[/s] Almost all ur Summation are Completely Thrash sir!

Pmb will lose and Nothing will Happen!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Real Reasons Why There Was No Election Violence In The North - Opinion by Mightymanna(m): 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2019
Buhari we know.

one lion will devour 3 States from the Eastern part of River Niger

Re: 2019: Real Reasons Why There Was No Election Violence In The North - Opinion by Omololu001: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2019
Mitjyland:
ones.

so you think southern politicians in PDP are there only to become vice president grin

Even the Middle belt will have more claims to the presidency than the north east and Northwest. And the North east and west alone can decide who will rule Nigeria, that's why buhari was torn to pieces by GEJ in 2011.

In 2023 a lot of southern politicians will all fight for it in PDP and APC, nah abok.is turn be this, so enjoy am.

Well I can't wait for 2023, it will really determine the future of Nigeria.
Re: 2019: Real Reasons Why There Was No Election Violence In The North - Opinion by Omololu001: 1:06pm On Feb 24, 2019
bedspread:
[s][/s] Almost all ur Summation are Completely Thrash sir!

if pmb even lose there will just be violence in the north west and north east for 1- 2 days, so far they are destroying their regions no one will really give a dam.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Real Reasons Why There Was No Election Violence In The North - Opinion by Anubis: 1:09pm On Feb 24, 2019
Since Boko Haram came and showed everybody in kano what real terror is, people here have been preaching peace. It's not just the election that was violence free, we don't have communal or religion violence anymore apart from Boko Haram
Re: 2019: Real Reasons Why There Was No Election Violence In The North - Opinion by Mightymanna(m): 1:13pm On Feb 24, 2019
Anubis:
Since Boko Haram came and showed everybody in kano what real terror is, people here have been preaching peace. It's not just the election that was violence free, we don't have communal or religion violence anymore apart from Boko Haram
is boko haram that humbled the North I swaer

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Real Reasons Why There Was No Election Violence In The North - Opinion by nwanyionitsha: 1:31pm On Feb 24, 2019
bedspread:
[s][/s] Almost all ur Summation are Completely Thrash sir!

Very true. Buhari will be held responsible if anyone dies in the north.
Let him arrange his boko boy well.
Re: 2019: Real Reasons Why There Was No Election Violence In The North - Opinion by Stanweezy(m): 2:14pm On Feb 25, 2019
Mitjyland:

Thank you my brother, this is the same thing I said to my Yoruba friend should Atiku lose 2019 election the North will vote massively for him in 2023

Even if APC should actually hand over presidency ticket to SW, PDP will still pick a northerner to challenge APC

Moral lesson the earlier the Southerners unite as one political force the better for them.

(1) (Reply)

Ortom, David Mark, Ayu Storm INEC Headquarters To Lay Complaints / For Those That Say Igbo Land Is Landlocked/barren / National Lottery Regulatory Commission DG In 140 Billion Naira Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.