Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? (1145 Views)

Importance Of Mobile Friendly Website On SEO / How Do I Create A Link And Upload My Videos On It,so People Can Watch. / Advertise Your Website On Facebook For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? by Princiology(m): 3:11pm On Feb 25, 2019
It is no news that adverts are banned on some sections on Nairaland, like this one we're on.

So, here is my question. Do you or do you not think putting a link pointing to another website on a Nairaland post is an advert?
In other words, is it an advert to place a link to one's website on her post or comment on Nairaland?

Given the fact that it is related to the subject matter. Is it banned or against the law of Nairaland to do so in any way?
Re: Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? by Princiology(m): 10:30pm On Feb 25, 2019
Need some answers here...
Re: Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? by okwabayi(m): 12:18am On Feb 26, 2019
Yes, it is an advert.
When my friend first joined this forum he took it upon himself to report all threads which only had links posted.
He slowed down later when he noticed some threads were done so intentionally.
Any thread which says ‘rate my blog’ and presents only a link is not an advert.
It is a cry for help.
However those idiots who create topics like ‘see Maheeda’s new explicit pics’ and then post only a stupid link...
You know what my next course of action is.
Re: Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? by okwabayi(m): 12:19am On Feb 26, 2019
Princiology:
Need some answers here...
This is Nairaland.
It is when one needs answers the most that threads go untouched.
Sometimes I present answers out of empathy.
I know how it feels when thoughtful threads go untouched.
Re: Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? by Princiology(m): 6:07am On Feb 26, 2019
okwabayi:
Yes, it is an advert.
When my friend first joined this forum he took it upon himself to report all threads which only had links posted.
He slowed down later when he noticed some threads were done so intentionally.
Any thread which says ‘rate my blog’ and presents only a link is not an advert.
It is a cry for help.
However those idiots who create topics like ‘see Maheeda’s new explicit pics’ and then post only a stupid link...
You know what my next course of action is.

What if it's something like this...

I employ all students planning to write Jamb to maintain undiluted concentration in their preparations, irrespective of the news and situation of the country.
If you're still bordered on how to pass jamb, do well to read my post here- https://www.abc.abc

Is this still an advert?
Re: Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? by okwabayi(m): 8:29am On Feb 26, 2019
Princiology:

I employ all students planning to write Jamb to maintain undiluted concentration in their preparations, irrespective of the news and situation of the country.
If you're still bordered on how to pass jamb, do well to read my post here- https://www.princiology.com/how-to-pass-jamb-successfully/

Is this still an advert?
Yes.
It falls under my Maheeda example.
It is the type Nairalanders hate the most.
I am a blogger and I understand why people do it but I won’t lie it annoys me all the same.
If people were eager to read your blog they will visit your page rather than use Nairaland.
We all come here to read articles and opinions on this forum.
You can try Madukovich’s example: he writes on his blog and posts the articles here also, word for word.
I am a huge fan of his and read his topics religiously.
All this is despite never visiting his blog even once.
Re: Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? by Princiology(m): 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2019
Thanks Okwabayi, for your answers.

But I do not think posting one's article here word for word is a good idea, considering SEO.

But all the same, I just want to know if it's against Nairaland rules. For if it is, why are many bloggers (including myself) doing it, and we aren't getting banned?
Re: Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? by okwabayi(m): 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2019
Princiology:
Thanks Okwabayi, for your answers.

But I do not think posting one's article here word for word is a good idea, considering SEO principles.

But all the same, I just want to know if it's against Nairaland rules. For if it is, why are many bloggers (including myself) doing it, and they aren't getting banned?
I doubt it is against the rules.
What is though is spamming.
A lot of writers spam this place with their links hence they catch bans.
Mostly, if you create a single thread and post a link other users will find it annoying, that’s all.
Re: Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? by airsaylongcon: 3:48pm On Mar 01, 2019
Princiology:

If you're still bordered on how to pass jamb, do well to read my post here

Is this still an advert?

angry angry angry undecided
Re: Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? by Princiology(m): 9:03pm On Mar 01, 2019
Re: Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? by Princiology(m): 9:26pm On Mar 01, 2019
okwabayi:

I doubt it is against the rules.
What is though is spamming.
A lot of writers spam this place with their links hence they catch bans.
Mostly, if you create a single thread and post a link other users will find it annoying, that’s all.

Hmm... Whether or not it is against the rules is what I really want to know.
Re: Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? by okwabayi(m): 9:42pm On Mar 01, 2019
Princiology:

Hmm... Whether or not it is against the rules is what I really want to know.
It isn’t.
Re: Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? by Princiology(m): 9:58pm On Mar 01, 2019
okwabayi:

It isn’t.

You know you said it's an advert, and now you're saying it's not against the rules. Whereas, the rule here says, "Please do no post adverts in this section, to avoid being banned."

What do you say?
Re: Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? by okwabayi(m): 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2019
Princiology:

You know you said it's an advert, and now you're saying it's not against the rules. Whereas, the rule here says, "Please do no post adverts in this section, to avoid being banned."

What do you say?
If you already know and the rules say it is not allowed then why ask?
Re: Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? by Princiology(m): 8:30pm On Mar 21, 2019
okwabayi:

If you already know and the rules say it is not allowed then why ask?

It seems a jigsaw sometimes.
Re: Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? by biyiwyle(m): 1:51pm On Mar 22, 2019
okwabayi:

Yes.
It falls under my Maheeda example.
It is the type Nairalanders hate the most.
I am a blogger and I understand why people do it but I won’t lie it annoys me all the same.
If people were eager to read your blog they will visit your page rather than use Nairaland.
We all come here to read articles and opinions on this forum.
You can try Madukovich’s example: he writes on his blog and posts the articles here also, word for word.
I am a huge fan of his and read his topics religiously.
All this is despite never visiting his blog even once.

I do not completely agree with you. However it is very stingy of a writer when you don't even give them a taste.

On my page, what I do is to give out half of the content then, you can read the rest on my blog. If you decide not to, you would have gained something already.
Re: Do You Think Sharing A Link To Another Website On Nairaland Is An Advert? by Princiology(m): 10:59pm On May 26, 2019
Thank you for your contribution bayiwyle.

I do not think words that are linked-built to lead to another website like 'How to answer examination questions fast: Increase reading speed' (or correspondence), when fairly used, should constitute an offense. In actual fact, that was a link to a post on my website, serving a purpose here, isn't it?

An admin should give us their take on this issue. But until then, here we go ...

(1) (Reply)

❤⭐⭐ Premium Wordpress Themes & Plugins For N1000 Each❤ / How Do I Change My Website's Domain Name / Website Moderator Wanted: Must Live In The U.s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.